Dr. Strange vs. Phantom Stranger

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Madvillain
Dr. Strange gets an hour, and only and hour of prep. Can he win this?

guy222
Originally posted by Madvillain
Dr. Strange gets an hour, and only and hour of prep. Can he win this?

Phantom Stranger

hunbu04
The phantom stranger is an uber abstarct level character even if dr strange have his entire life to prep he will still not win against the phantom stranger. The phantom stranger don't claim to be all knowing but according to him nothing stay hidden from him. The stranger is atleast a lord of order being level and without the pressence registriction(spelling) he become deus en machina a being that is on par with a full power spectre as he was when he defeated eclipso(note this was when eclipso was the wrath of god.with all the powers the spectre now posessed) and trap him in the black diamond.
prep will not help dr strange because no one knows anything about the phantom stranger a beings as old as creation itself. all that is known about the stranger is that he cannnot use his powers to end a conflict directly

long pig
What has PS done that's so powerful?

guy222
Originally posted by long pig
What has PS done that's so powerful?

Doesn't his power rival, Spectre

long pig
No.

Martian_mind
No.

He will never match Spectre in a fight but he is so powerful that Spectre lacks the ability to kill or destroy him,thats why he had to turn him into a mouse.So if spectre can't permanently put him down strange can't,and i doubt strange has the power to incapacitate him.

guy222
No.

I thought he did

For the thread, Phantom Stranger>Man w/Tricks

long pig
Originally posted by Martian_mind
He will never match Spectre in a fight but he is so powerful that Spectre lacks the ability to kill or destroy him,thats why he had to turn him into a mouse.So if spectre can't permanently put him down strange can't,and i doubt strange has the power to incapacitate him. Originally posted by guy222
I thought he did

For the thread, Phantom Stranger>Man w/Tricks
Again, what has he done that is so impressive?

Martian_mind
Again, what has he done that is so impressive?

He is like the watcher....the higher powers have banned him from interfering in all matters simply because he could fix all with a snap of his fingers....so he doesn't have many feats that said though if Spectre can't end him strange sure as hell can't.

long pig
Originally posted by Martian_mind
He is like the watcher....the higher powers have banned him from interfering in all matters simply because he could fix all with a snap of his fingers....so he doesn't have many feats that said though if Spectre can't end him strange sure as hell can't.
So, his only power is that he's not allowed to die? Doesn't make sense.

The Spectre can't do anything unless he's allowed to, like once he wasn't able to save a guy from falling because he was forbidden to. Doesn't mean Spiderman couldn't save the same guy if given the chance.

Martian_mind
So, his only power is that he's not allowed to die? Doesn't make sense.

The Spectre can't do anything unless he's allowed to, like once he wasn't able to save a guy from falling because he was forbidden to. Doesn't mean Spiderman couldn't save the same guy if given the chance.

It was rogue Spectre who couldn't kill him permission from the presence wasn't a factor,he just couldn't end him.Stranger isn't a hero,he just observes whats happening passively in terms of power he has shown Mystic bolts,unlimited teleportation,time control,invisibility,phasing,Telepathy and a whole lot of other sh*t.

I know Strange has done all that and more but Stranger has shown no real limitations bar Spectre,and even then Spectre sneak attacked him because he was the only immediate threat and most powerful source of magic.

(plus Ragman has conceded that Stranger sh*ts all over him,so that immediatley puts him at TOAA level shifty )

long pig
Ragman was scared of him?

You're full of goddamned shit, my friend.

Ethereal
I think their both Strange...that's for sure.

Martian_mind
Ragman? I'll be damned.

Stranger may actually be more powerful than god, then.

More powerful then Ragman....possibly but don't get me started on his evil counterpart....BAGMAN

Martian_mind
Ragman was scared of him?

You're full of goddamned shit, my friend.

Haha you edited it just after i quoted you...thwarted again old friend.What happens is that when Detective Chimp hits up Ragman to deal with Spectre Ragman says"Are you nuts?this is a job for the Phantom Stranger"

long pig
Ragman: Kill Spectre? Please, that's light work. I'll let Stranger handle it while I go a-scourgin' the ghettos of America.

Strange: Yes, my lord.

hunbu04
it is like this the phantom stranger posesses enough mystic powers that in order for the spectre to killed him he needed to destroyed every source of magic in dcu. just like the spectre the phantom stranger is also a multiversal cosmic being. So this means that in the entire DOV series the spectre killed all those lords of order and chaos just so he could weaken magic to enable him to killed the stranger that is how power the stranger is.
after all not everyone can become deus en machina

Martian_mind
Ragman: Kill Spectre? Please, that's light work. I'll let Stranger handle it while I go a-scourgin' the ghettos of America.

Strange: Yes, my lord.

Ragmanmessedpectre Fetch me some new rags

Spectre:right away master

Ragman:Fate cut my eggs

Fate:right away sir(cuts eggs)

Ragman:Now....cut my milk

Fate:i..i can't sir it's a liquid

Ragman:Idiot you freeze it,THEN cut and never question me again(Pimp slaps Fate into Oblivion,then turns to Dr strange and Phantom Stranger)

Ragman:you two fight to the death(Strange rips down a curtain hanger and slashes at Phantom while Phantom picks up a fork in defense)

Ragman:it's good to be king.

Madvillain
oooooaky

Madvillain
bump

nvrbeenwthagirl
The Phantom Stranger is an abstract being. Barring Stranges PIS filled feasts like stalemating the IG or getting help from his Vishanti freinds, his normal power lvl isn't high enough to beat a MAGICAL abstract.

draxx_tOfU
well, then technically, since Phantom Stranger has "restrictions", then Doc Strange wins via forfeit...

hunbu04
the stranger only have restrictions if he is not attack directly as we saw at the end of DOV he was planning on taking the spectre after he regain his powers. so if strange attack him he show going to defend himself.
the stranger is so mysterious that once even darksied try to see how powerful he is by trying to force him to use his powers to portect clark kent cus darksied didn't know that clark is supes.

long pig
Stranger has no feats to put him in any league, much less Strange's.

He could be more powerful, but there's no way to prove it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.