..No religion=(

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Oblivion
So, I'm taking a class called sociology and we are currently studying religion. My teacher asked the class about all the religions and who believed what. He listed off all the religions like Buddist, Morman, Baptist, etc. The class was to raise their hand when their religion was named and he counted them. The thing is, I don't have a religion so when he was calling the religions out, I felt secluded and insignificant. I felt like I just didn't belong... sad

Alfheim
Originally posted by Darth Oblivion
So, I'm taking a class called sociology and we are currently studying religion. My teacher asked the class about all the religions and who believed what. He listed off all the religions like Buddist, Morman, Baptist, etc. The class was to raise their hand when their religion was named and he counted them. The thing is, I don't have a religion so when he was calling the religions out, I felt secluded and insignificant. I felt like I just didn't belong... sad

Dont worry about it. Within time you will probably find the path you are looking for.

Thundar

I definitely know how that can feel. Here's a an informative site, that has a lot of stuff about Christianity on it.

http://www.religionfacts.com/christianity/beliefs.htm

Don't worry. You don't have to convert right away, although I'm sure the big guy up in the sky(God) would be very happy if you did..wink

Hope this helps. And good luck to you buddy.

Shakyamunison

Boy, have you asked for trouble, and I can see it has already begun. eek!

Alfheim
Originally posted by Thundar
I definitely know how that can feel. Here's a an informative site, that has a lot of stuff about Christianity on it.

Don't worry. You don't have to convert right away, although I'm sure the big guy up in the sky(God) would be very happy if you did..wink

Oh dear. sad

Regret
So, I'm taking a class called sociology and we are currently studying religion. My teacher asked the class about all the religions and who believed what. He listed off all the religions like Buddist, Morman, Baptist, etc. The class was to raise their hand when their religion was named and he counted them. The thing is, I don't have a religion so when he was calling the religions out, I felt secluded and insignificant. I felt like I just didn't belong... sad Typically, in my university experiences, professors that did this sort of thing were attacking the concept of religion in some manner. Your lack of religion may have placed you in the professor's group. I could be wrong though, you did not elaborate on the professor's statement of motivation for the exercise.

DigiMark007
You're not a mindless sheep, nor are you conforming to the dualistic social norm of religious labels, thereby limiting yourself into a category that neither fully explains your beliefs nor does justice to your individuality.

Congrats! Don't feel left out. Feel liberated.

Alliance

Don't feel alone. You are way overdramatizing your situation. Many people neglect atheists or agnostics. Its nothign to be ashamed of. You should have raised your hand and stated that you are non-religious.

If you're really concerned, talk the the professor in private and tell him how you feel.

Don't listen to psychotic zealots like Alfiem or Thundar. You don't need a religion. If you want one, explore and find what best suits your needs. There are over a billion people in the world that idendify themselves as some form of non-religion. Thats not a minority at all.

Lana
Originally posted by Alfheim
Dont worry about it. Within time you will probably find the path you are looking for.

Or has already found it.

fini
wow, just what the zealots want, someone without a religion. OOOOOOO just look at the bible thumpers swarm. SAVE yourself DArth, RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alfheim
Originally posted by Alliance

Don't listen to psychotic zealots like Alfiem or Thundar. You don't need a religion. If you want one, explore and find what best suits your needs. There are over a billion people in the world that idendify themselves as some form of non-religion. Thats not a minority at all.

Whoaaa , whooaa . You are misintepreting what I said. I said he will find his path, that includes atheism or agnosticism or whatever......geeeezzzz.

I said he will find the path he is looking for, how does that sound zealous to you. What the f**k?

lord xyz
So, I'm taking a class called sociology and we are currently studying religion. My teacher asked the class about all the religions and who believed what. He listed off all the religions like Buddist, Morman, Baptist, etc. The class was to raise their hand when their religion was named and he counted them. The thing is, I don't have a religion so when he was calling the religions out, I felt secluded and insignificant. I felt like I just didn't belong... sad So what if you don't belong?

I don't belong with naive retards -- not terribly bad is it?

JacopeX
ATTENTION!

"No one, I mean no one, in this conversation bring up the question of "Why the science teacher is asking for religions."

Alright?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by JacopeX
ATTENTION!

"No one, I mean no one, in this conversation bring up the question of "Why the science teacher is asking for religions."

Alright?

Originally posted by Regret
Typically, in my university experiences, professors that did this sort of thing were attacking the concept of religion in some manner. Your lack of religion may have placed you in the professor's group. I could be wrong though, you did not elaborate on the professor's statement of motivation for the exercise.

Lana
ATTENTION!

Alright?

...what are you talking about?

Bardock42
ATTENTION!

Alright?

Sociology...though I guess sociologist enjoy calling it science.

Thundar

Irony is usually not realized by those who produce it.

Shakyamunison

So, true. roll eyes (sarcastic)

sockie

Symmetric Chaos

So what? If you can identify as having a belief (even one that is not a religion) you aren't truly left out of that group unless you let yourself be.

God is going to kill you someday.

Thundar

Shakyamunison
^ Every person dies, even you...

Thundar

Shakyamunison

Thundar
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Jesus was just a man who died 2000 years ago.eyesee2

*and buddha was a man who died around the same time...but that that doesnt keep you budhists from worshipping him..now does it my friend..confused

*and since you believe that truth is different for everyone..then you'll except what im sayin as a possible truth...wink

Shakyamunison
*and buddha was a man who died around the same time...but that that doesnt keep you budhists from worshipping him..now does it my friend..wink

Buddha died ~500 year before the death of Jesus, and I do not worship Buddha.kitty_lick

Symmetric Chaos
sin is responsable for death

hence God is going to kill you someday

lil bitchiness

You feel like you don't belong because teacher was talking about RELIGION and you didn't have any.

Im sorry but this is really idiotic. If teacher was talking about ethnic minorities, and people raised their hand, would you have felt left out then as well?

What about if she asked about political beliefs.

Thundar
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
hence God is going to kill you someday

*umm...mr Symmetric..if i was already attached to living in this world..then i would care...but id rather be alive and with Christ..then dead and with the world..cause God is love..my friend...wink

Symmetric Chaos
cause God is love..my friend...wink

not to sinners like you he's not (he's going old testament on you buddy)

Shakyamunison
*umm...mr Symmetric..if i was already attached to living in this world..then i would care...but id rather be alive and with Christ..then dead and with the world..cause God is love..my friend...wink

Someone once said, and I paraphrase, I would rather die then live in a world with disbelievers. Can you guess who?

Osama Bin Laden

TRH
*and buddha was a man who died around the same time...but that that doesnt keep you budhists from worshipping him..now does it my friend..confused

*and since you believe that truth is different for everyone..then you'll except what im sayin as a possible truth...wink Buddists do not worship budda

TRH
Someone once said, and I paraphrase, I would rather die then live in a world with disbelievers. Can you guess who?

Osama Bin Laden laughing

Symmetric Chaos

Osama Bin Laden

ZING!

DigiMark007
So, true. roll eyes (sarcastic)

sockie

Good call.

thumb up

Atlantis001

Religion is like a new fashion trend. Most people are extremely superficial about it, and many times it is required a very limited mind. You are not losing too much. Consider yourself lucky.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Good call.

thumb up

He has a unique character to his writing voice. It just took a little time to hear it. Once I outed him, he dropped the nice tone. laughing out loud

Alliance
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
You feel like you don't belong because teacher was talking about RELIGION and you didn't have any.

I think it was more along the lines of the idea that people disregard non-religious people from the religious discussion.

Thats as far as I'll go considering that we really don't have any more context to this situation.

Originally posted by Alfheim
You are misintepreting what I said.

Correction. I misinterpreted what you MEANT, not what you said. I should have thought about it a bit more.

I thought you meant that he didn't have a path, and that only religion would give him one. I can easily see you intention as well.

My apologies.

Is there anything you don't state like a broken record?

1. The statement you made is totally obvious, because lack of understanding is the essential component of irony. What you just said is "a dog is usually a dog." Very intelligent.

2. The second flaw with your argument is that you are implying that I made an ironic statement. I did not fulfil this requirement.

3. On a personal note, this guy comes in here with a problem and all you do is tell him hes dumb, try to convert him, and then send him to a Christian propaganda page. How shallow. How disrespectful. How pathetic. Maybe thats why you aggravate people.

4. To actually appreciate irony, you need to have an understanding on a higher level, one you have clearly demonstrated you have not yet achieved. You only think you see irony. But is it actually there? Maybe, but you're certainly not qualified to see it. You made that comment out of ignorance, not understanding.

Thundar
The second flaw with your argument is that you are implying that I made an ironic statement. I did not fulfil this requirement.

lack of understanding is the essential component of irony.

To actually appreciate irony, you need to have an understanding on a higher level, one you have clearly demonstrated you have not yet achieved.

Alliance
laughing This is too much. Do you even have ideas?

Symmetric Chaos
laughing This is too much. Do you even have ideas?

we all know the answer to that

Alliance
Just making sure.

Lord Urizen

Are you REALLLLLYYYY THAT IGNORANT ????

Do you live in a sheltered little house where mommy and daddy home school you ?

Buddhists DO NOT WORSHIP Buddha......please learn something before you rant this bullshit you continue to rant...

**and since you believe that truth is different for everyone..then you'll except what im sayin as a possible truth...wink

You don't even know what you are talking about, you are wrong about so many other things, how can I expect you to know the truth ? erm

Alliance
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Are you REALLLLLYYYY THAT IGNORANT ????
Yes. Amazing isn't it?

Symmetric Chaos
Are you REALLLLLYYYY THAT IGNORANT ???

Never underestimate the potential stupidity of the human race.

Lord Urizen
Yes. Amazing isn't it?

I try my best to beleive that Christians are not this ignorant, and he makes it harder for me to beleive this.....

Nellinator
Does not one type of Buddhism consider Buddha to be supernatural? More of a supernatural reverence than worship, but it may be what he was referring to. Mahayana I think it is called...

FeceMan
Alert the ACLU; you're a victim of discrimination.

Thundar

Thundar
*EDIT..Double post..wink

Imperial_Samura

"I felt like I didn't belong" - not to be insensitive or anything but isn't that a little melodramatic? What happens when you are asked about a sport you don't follow? Or a political stance? Ultimately it is unlikely you could possibly have a place in every single varied field out there. Be it religion, politics, sport or whatever.

As to the point - if you don't have a religion then you are an Atheist, or an Agnostic. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with either. The teacher may not have mentioned atheism as a good many people don't consider it a religion, but rather the absence of belief in religion. And you know what? It is more then likely more then one of your classmates aren't really religious either and simply raised their hands for things like "family religion" - that is whatever faith their parents were. I am yet to encounter, in my years as a student, a single class that only had a single student without faith, or in lapsed faith, or with no interest in faith. It is perfectly valid, and far more common then the hand raising would let on (or maybe it is just an Australian thing.)

But if you want a faith it should be for a reason greater then simply "fitting in" or so you can raise you hand during a class survey - having faith is fine, and it should be what is right for you, but I would advise avoiding just "joining a group" for the sake of it, as if that is done, well, in my opinion at least, it is missing the whole point.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
"I felt like I didn't belong" - not to be insensitive or anything but isn't that a little melodramatic? What happens when you are asked about a sport you don't follow? Or a political stance? Ultimately it is unlikely you could possibly have a place in every single varied field out there. Be it religion, politics, sport or whatever.

As to the point - if you don't have a religion then you are an Atheist, or an Agnostic. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with either. The teacher may not have mentioned atheism as a good many people don't consider it a religion, but rather the absence of belief in religion. And you know what? It is more then likely more then one of your classmates aren't really religious either and simply raised their hands for things like "family religion" - that is whatever faith their parents were. I am yet to encounter, in my years as a student, a single class that only had a single student without faith, or in lapsed faith, or with no interest in faith. It is perfectly valid, and far more common then the hand raising would let on (or maybe it is just an Australian thing.)

But if you want a faith it should be for a reason greater then simply "fitting in" or so you can raise you hand during a class survey - having faith is fine, and it should be what is right for you, but I would advise avoiding just "joining a group" for the sake of it, as if that is done, well, in my opinion at least, it is missing the whole point.

Very good advice, listen to the man! yes

Thundar
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura

thumb up

I agree with this last part. I think before one does anything in life, they should do so with loving intentions and an earnest desire to find truth; despite whether they'll receive reward or consequence for seeking this truth.

Shakyamunison

Alliance
Didn't we already explain the credibility of dictionaries?

Bardock42

100%?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bardock42
100%?

But also incomplete.

Yes dictonaries are accurate but they don't always have the conotations and intricacies of the word down.

Shakyamunison

But some people have there head so far up their *** that they do not understand what you mean. Plus, it helps me to vent, even though I understand it is like yelling at a brick wall. "Those who are blind, cannot see", is something that I sometimes forget. Thank you for reminding me.

Nellinator
The answer is NO! The only statue I have of Buddha is a small knickknack that is on my book case. It was given to me by a Christian friend, who does not understand Buddhism. I keep it because my friend gave it to me. As far as writings? I study the Lotus Sutra, but you could burn one, and I would not be offended, it is just a book. I DO NOT worship anything because I DO NOT believe in the "supernatural". Is this so far beyond your understanding? I respect and honor my teachers and those who have given their lives to make mine better, but is that worship?

However, by the definition about, you worship the bible, the cross, and a man named Jesus.
Just because you don't doesn't mean others don't. Mahayan or something like that does indeed worship Buddha.

I do not worship the Bible or the cross, but that doesn't mean that some Christians don't.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Nellinator
Just because you don't doesn't mean others don't. Mahayan or something like that does indeed worship Buddha.

I do not worship the Bible or the cross, but that doesn't mean that some Christians don't.

That is true, even with in my own Buddhist group there are people who believe in ghosts and the like. However, my point was that there are those people, like myself and many other, who do not "worship". I think this was a point that people like Thundar would disagree with.

Regret
Originally posted by Nellinator

I do not worship the Bible or the cross, but that doesn't mean that some Christians don't. It's like saying that Christians worship Mary due to the fact that some overzealous Catholics in fact wish to have the Catholic Church proclaim her as divine. Christians as a whole do not worship Mary, and Buddhists as a whole do not worship any man.

Thundar
The answer is NO! The only statue I have of Buddha is a small knickknack that is on my book case. It was given to me by a Christian friend, who does not understand Buddhism. I keep it because my friend gave it to me. As far as writings? I study the Lotus Sutra, but you could burn one, and I would not be offended, it is just a book. I DO NOT worship anything because I DO NOT believe in the "supernatural". Is this so far beyond your understanding? I respect and honor my teachers and those who have given their lives to make mine better, but is that worship?

*no..no..no..my friend..worshipping does not solely pertain too one bowing down to objects..but it also pertains too following or revering a doctrine that they consider holistic...or consider sacred..

*do buddhists consider the four noble truths sacred? confused

*do budhists consider the eightfold pahts sacred?confused

*do budhists revere the four noble truths?confused

*the answers to these question is simple my friend..

*of course they do...they revere and follow these things..and revering and following a doctrine one believes is holistic...is is also a form of worship my friend....

However, by the definition about, you worship the bible, the cross, and a man named Jesus.

*..yes..yes..yes..my friend...i most certainly do...worship the word..as it is written..

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

*as jesus is defined by the bible to be the word..

*so does that mean that a person is supposed to literally bow down to the bible? confused

*lets look at some verses...

John 8:43-52
43Why do you not understand what I am saying? Because you cannot bear to hear my word.

44You belong to your father the devil and you willingly carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning and does not stand in truth, because there is no truth in him. When he tells a lie, he speaks in character, because he is a liar and the father of lies.
But because I speak the truth, you do not believe me.
Can any of you charge me with sin? If I am telling the truth, why do you not believe me?
Whoever belongs to God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not listen, because you do not belong to God."
The Jews answered and said to him, "Are we not right in saying that you are a Samaritan 20 and are possessed?"
Jesus answered, "I am not possessed; I honor my Father, but you dishonor me.
I do not seek my own glory; there is one who seeks it and he is the one who judges.
Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever keeps my word will never see death."

*notice the pronoun "my" before "word" in the scripture above...jesus states it this way..so that people understand that the written word....comes from him....and not from any other...

*so...my friend we are to follow and revere what is written in the bible..not bow down to the actual book itself...for the written word itself comes from jesus..and it is just an extension or representative of the living word which is him...

*so the same thing you budhists do when revering and following you're doctrines..is the same thing us christians should do when we follow ours..accept we shouldnt bow down to any statues or objects..we should just follow and revere the written word...which represents jesus..

*...like jesus said..those who understand what he meant in the verses i supplied...as well as revere or follow it...are true followers of christ.....and those who dont understand or follow it..well..i think you get the point.

*so anyway..even if a buddhist doesnt bow down to a statue..they are still worshipping budha..because they are following his word..and following or revering someone's word..is the same as worshipping them..wink

fini
YO FOOL, bowing down in worship IS A CULTURAL thing.

You say christians dont bow down to anything, well obviously you are not speaking on behalf of the majority of christians in the world, ie Catholics.

Religions that developed in the east emphasize bowing as a form of respect. THey are acknowledging the importance or superiority of the supreme being. In fact that is what bowing means. So when we bow in worship it shows that we respect god and prostrate ourselves to god.

.............Wait, in fact ALL religions use bowing in worship. ITs only these "NEW" christian religions that dont do it, because they feel as if they know everything and need not humble themselves in the glory of god.

Buddhists dont worship the statue of Buddha, they merely use his image as a guide. PEople who are strong willed dont need the statue in order for them to find their path ( which says a lot for Shaky), but others do.

Some people can ride bikes without training wheels, while most others need them at the start. Does that mean that some are riding bikes while others are not??????????????????????????

Thundar
Originally posted by fini
YO FOOL, bowing down in worship IS A CULTURAL thing.

*got what you meant bro...as you have stated...bowing down to the phsyique of a person.......is generally done as a form of respect in many cultures..similar to a person calling an individual "sir" or.."mam"..or when they are in a position they consider a service to others.....or are acknowledging some sort of authority that the person has over them....

*lets see what the bible has to further say about this...

1 Kings 1:16
Then Bathsheba bowed and prostrated herself before the king. And the king said, "What do you wish?"

Genesis 19:1
And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;

*to "prostrate" means to show humility to..or basically to acknowledge that someone has authority over you..so as bathsheba and lot demonstrated for us in the scriptures above.....the bible does not relate the act of bowing to be equanimous with the act of worship...

*so when is bowing equated with worship?confused

*lets look at the bible again for the answer...

Exodus 23:24Therefore, you shall not bow down in worship before their gods, nor shall you make anything like them; rather, you must demolish them and smash their sacred pillars.

Isaiah 44:19
No one recalls, nor is there knowledge or understanding to say, "I have burned half of it in the fire and also have baked bread over its coals. I roast meat and eat . Then I make the rest of it into an abomination, I fall down before a block of wood!"

*so bowing only becomes a form of worship..when a person follows/worships/reveres the doctrine of another person or thing besides god...like following the buddhas doctrine..in addition to bowing down to those little statues they use to represent him..wink

fini
argh I aint a "bro" good grief people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how many times do I have to fix that statement?!?!?!?

Looking to the bible is cool and all, but please stop using it as your only reference, we use general knowledge of the people's and cultures from around the world. The planet does not revolve around the bible, so stop making seem or wanting it to.

Shakyamunison
*so anyway..even if a buddhist doesnt bow down to a statue..they are still worshipping budha..because they are following his word..and following or revering someone's word..is the same as worshipping them..wink

That is the stupidest argument I have ever heard. It sounds just like what whob would say, all the way down to misspelling Buddha.

I follow the laws and printable of the Constitution of the USA, therefore, using your logic, I would be worshipping the Constitution of the USA. laughing When I drive, I adhere to the rules of the road, so, by your logic, I would be worshipping the laws of the road. laughing

Nice try whob...

I think what is going on is that you are filled with hate, not with anything from Jesus. Notice I spelled his name right.

Shakyamunison
argh I aint a "bro" good grief people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how many times do I have to fix that statement?!?!?!?

Looking to the bible is cool and all, but please stop using it as your only reference, we use general knowledge of the people's and cultures from around the world. The planet does not revolve around the bible, so stop making seem or wanting it to.

Also, my dear beautiful friend. Your feminine charm permeates ever one of your posts. The fact that thondar cannot see that, only goes as proof of his ignorance.

Lord Urizen

TRH

TRH
Thundar-He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a FOOL. Proverbs 10,18

Thundar
That is the stupidest argument I have ever heard. It sounds just like what whob would say, all the way down to misspelling Buddha.

I follow the laws and printable of the Constitution of the USA, therefore, using your logic, I would be worshipping the Constitution of the USA. laughing When I drive, I adhere to the rules of the road, so, by your logic, I would be worshipping the laws of the road. laughing

Nice try whob...

I think what is going on is that you are filled with hate, not with anything from Jesus. Notice I spelled his name right.

*um Mr. Shaky..according to the bible..the written laws that we have, and the powers and authorities in place now..were put in place by God..or as it is written..

Romans 13:1-3
1Let every soul be in subjection to the higher powers: for there is no power but of God; and the powers that be are ordained of God. 2Therefore he that resisteth the power, withstandeth the ordinance of God: and they that withstand shall receive to themselves judgment. 3For rulers are not a terror to the good work, but to the evil

*so technically speaking..when we obeyed these laws..we are really obeying God..and when we dont obeyed them..then we are not obeying God.

*so what does the bible say we should do when man makes laws that conflicts with God's will? confused

*lets see what the bible says about this again..

Acts 5:29: Peter and the other apostles replied: "We must obey God rather than men!"

*so if the laws of men conflict with God's..a true christian will follow God's law over men's..but those who follow men's laws that conflict Gods..as you have stated..are already worshipping and/or following a different religion..wink

Symmetric Chaos
edit

Symmetric Chaos

*so if the laws of men conflict with God's..a true christian will follow God's law over men's..but those who follow men's laws that conflict Gods..as you have stated..are already worshipping and/or following a different religion..wink

Thundar
Originally posted by TRH
Thundar-He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a FOOL. Proverbs 10,18

Matthew 7:1-2
Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

*never stated that i hated you bro..nor have i slandered anything..im just informing you of the truth of the bible..if you choose to except it..good for you..if not..then hey..at least ive done what i'm supposed to do..as referenced in the bible..i hope you've enjoyed my presentation of it..wink

Symmetric Chaos

facinating how you ignore that little gem

TRH

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

*never stated that i hated you bro..nor have i slandered anything..im just informing you of the truth of the bible..if you choose to except it..good for you..if not..then hey..at least ive done what i'm supposed to do..as referenced in the bible..i hope you've enjoyed my presentation of it..wink I can get a better presentation of the bible from a 5 year old christian

TRH
The Bible has socalism in it

TRH
facinating how you ignore that little gem lol i know

TRH

*never stated that i hated you bro..nor have i slandered anything..im just informing you of the truth of the bible..if you choose to except it..good for you..if not..then hey..at least ive done what i'm supposed to do..as referenced in the bible..i hope you've enjoyed my presentation of it..wink Why dont you study buddism before slandering it...whould you like it if I slandered the bible??

Thundar
Then I surely worship my family...and myself....and Carmen Electra...and Colin Farrell...and my ex boyfreind.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

*if you put them before God..then yes..you do my friend..yes..yes..you do..

Reverence is not worship....I can revere a celebrity, I can revere a family member, I can revere a historical figure, I can revere a work of literature, that does not mean I worship it.

Religious Homage to.....that's quite vague my freind. Following someone's example, or devoting yourself to someone else's discoveries is not relgious homage.

By your absurd logic, Mother Teresa's followers worship her

There is no excessive worship of the doctines of Buddha.....stop pulling crap outta ur ass

*read the above please again my friend..

Do Christians not have Bibles, Crosses, and Rosary Beeds ? Do Men not have porn stashed in thier bedrooms ? Do women not have make up in thier dressers ? Do Gay hunks not have dildos and vibrators stored in some lil compartment ?

I sincerely hope you are not Whob, because if you are you and I are gonna have some problems just like good ol' times

*um mr. Urizen..please read exodus 20:3 again until you understand it..because anything you put before God..is considered worshiping something else besides him...wink

AngryManatee
I pity da foo who dies fo humanity's sins!!!

Symmetric Chaos

*um mr. Urizen..please read exodus 20:3 again until you understand it..because anything you put before God..is considered worshiping something else besides him...wink

So you just attack Urizen and don't go after the rest of us huh.

TRH
I pity wherever you went to school

Thundar

TRH
you like to ignore me

and the wicked shall be SILENT 1 samuel 2,8

TRH
Behold ye be false

John 16,3-For these things they will do unto you because they have not known the father nor me

TRH
You do not anwser my pm for behold you are a coward

Symmetric Chaos
I know how we can settle this . . .

Thundar and I each sacrifice a bull and then pray to our respective gods. Whoever's bull catches sponaneously on fire is worshiping the true God!

TRH
The coward will not show

TRH
and who is your god?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by TRH
and who is your god?

shifty wouldn't you like to know

Thundar
So you just attack Urizen and don't go after the rest of us huh.

*..im not attacking you bro..you all have attacked me though..as for me..im just preaching the truth as listed in the bible..but guess who wins when confronted with truth...bro? confused

Romans 3:4
God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

*so regardless of how many people attack or judge the truth..the victor will always be the truth in the end bro...wink

Symmetric Chaos
*..im not attacking you bro..you all have attacked me though..as for me..im just preaching the truth as listed in the bible..but guess who wins when confronted with truth...bro? confused

God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

*so regardless of how many people attack or judge the truth..the victor will always be the truth in the end bro...wink

and seeing as how you have frequently lost we must have the truth wink

WHAT SAY YE TO MY PREVIOUS CHALLENGE PROPHET?

Lord Urizen

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

You have SUCH a skewed and delusional perception of reality, it's not even funny ! Actually it is....funny in a sad way though....

I worship no one and nothing except Life...and Love. I do not worship Buddha or Christ, although I greatly admire both. I love my family, this world, and humanity (even the stupid people like you)

You do not truly know what it means to worship, and your idea of worship is purely based on your intepretation of the Bible, and therefore non factual

In fact, ALL of your arguments have been non factual

You have proven to be nothing more than a joke, a zealot with eyes so closed he redefines words to fit his own meanings....

I will only address you when I am in the mood to laugh....when you are in the mood to seriously and intelligently debate, please let me know....

But do not address me if you only intend to continue judging and trolling..okay Whob ? wink

TRH

*so regardless of how many people attack or judge the truth..the victor will always be the truth in the end bro...wink You still do not speak-Verily Verily I say unto you he who waketh in the shadows is a fool

TRH
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

You have SUCH a skewed and delusional perception of reality, it's not even funny ! Actually it is....funny in a sad way though....

I worship no one and nothing except Life...and Love. I do not worship Buddha or Christ, although I greatly admire both. I love my family, this world, and humanity (even the stupid people like you)

You do not truly know what it means to worship, and your idea of worship is purely based on your intepretation of the Bible, and therefore non factual

In fact, ALL of your arguments have been non factual

You have proven to be nothing more than a joke, a zealot with eyes so closed he redefines words to fit his own meanings....

I will only address you when I am in the mood to laugh....when you are in the mood to seriously and intelligently debate, please let me know....

But do not address me if you only intend to continue judging and trolling..okay Whob ? wink You put what I was trying to say into words

Thundar
and seeing as how you have frequently lost we must have the truth wink

WHAT SAY YE TO MY PREVIOUS CHALLENGE PROPHET?

*dont need to win bro..or prove to you that ive one..Christ already did that on the cross my friend...wink

*but to answer your question bro..this is what i think you're challenge...

*Jesus said to him, "On the other hand, it is written, 'YOU SHALL NOT PUT THE LORD YOUR GOD TO THE TEST.'"

*nite..nite..my friend..wink

Symmetric Chaos
*dont need to win bro..or prove to you that ive one..Christ already did that on the cross my friend...wink

*but to answer your question bro..this is what i think you're challenge...

*Jesus said to him, "On the other hand, it is written, 'YOU SHALL NOT PUT THE LORD YOUR GOD TO THE TEST.'"

You've fallen into my trap.

1Kings 18:17-29 (God gets tested)

TRH
Let it be known that thundar is a coward who will not anwser my call

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by TRH
Let it be known that thundar is a coward who will not anwser my call

Documented

debbiejo
You've fallen into my trap.

1Kings 18:17-29 (God gets tested) Well Jesus was also tested by Satan.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by debbiejo
Well Jesus was also tested by Satan.

But that was Satan in 1Kings humans test God w/o punishment.

Lord Urizen
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Shakyamunison
*um Mr. Shaky..according to the bible..the written laws that we have, and the powers and authorities in place now..were put in place by God..or as it is written..

Romans 13:1-3
1Let every soul be in subjection to the higher powers: for there is no power but of God; and the powers that be are ordained of God. 2Therefore he that resisteth the power, withstandeth the ordinance of God: and they that withstand shall receive to themselves judgment. 3For rulers are not a terror to the good work, but to the evil

*so technically speaking..when we obeyed these laws..we are really obeying God..and when we dont obeyed them..then we are not obeying God.

*so what does the bible say we should do when man makes laws that conflicts with God's will? confused

*lets see what the bible says about this again..

Acts 5:29: Peter and the other apostles replied: "We must obey God rather than men!"

God's will cannot be known, and laws are not made by God. If that was the case then Buddha was inspired by God also.

Adam_PoE
It is no wonder that this thread has degenerated into idiocy considering the participation of whobdamandog . . . I mean, Thundar.

Thundar
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
It is no wonder that this thread has degenerated into idiocy considering the participation of whobdamandog . . . I mean, Thundar.

Being over-wise and being over-foolish, is something that an individual shouldn't strive for. It's good to grasp the one, without entirely grasping the other, for the man who goes before God, will understand that he will be judged on both and will avoid all extremes.

This is something that you should conceptualize and ponder about yourself my friend. For all of the wisdom and life of this world one "thinks" they possess, is considered foolishness before God, and it is slowly fading away.

So despite one having acquired such worldly knowledge within their lifetime; it is still important for one to understand that such knowledge will mean nothing before the one who allowed them to acquire it.

Alliance
*yawn*

Wait. Who is the one who is preaching? The "over-wise" and "over-foolish" one? The self-serving, proud man...*ahem*...sock?

Is hypocrisy irony?

Symmetric Chaos
*yawn*

Wait. Who is the one who is preaching? The "over-wise" and "over-foolish" one? The self-serving, proud man...*ahem*...sock?

lol

Is hypocrisy irony?

Only if you didn't see it coming

Adam_PoE
Being over-wise and being over-foolish, is something that an individual shouldn't strive for. It's good to grasp the one, without entirely grasping the other, for the man who goes before God, will understand that he will be judged on both and will avoid all extremes.

This is something that you should conceptualize and ponder about yourself my friend. For all of the wisdom and life of this world one "thinks" they possess, is considered foolishness before God, and it is slowly fading away.

So despite one having acquired such worldly knowledge within their lifetime; it is still important for one to understand that such knowledge will mean nothing before the one who allowed them to acquire it.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e384/super_hottie_2/sock.jpg

lil bitchiness
He's not only a sock - hes a dirty sock at that! shockish

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
He's not only a sock - hes a dirty sock at that! shockish

Indeed.

fini
ah ha!!!!

Symmetric Chaos
Nice sig Mr. Fini

Alliance
laughing out loud

Look at my sig. I'm Brian Urlacher 31

Nellinator
The best linebacker in the NFL? Can I have your autograph?
Please?

fini
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

debbiejo
I never thought you were a guy....... no

fini
I know that debbie, but every so often people end up thinking that I'm a guy, so to clear it up once and for all.

LOL sometime ago in OTF( when i was a regular) it was a big revelation when people found out i was a girl. lol, even though my pics are up in the official picture thread.

here's a copy of a PM from Koala

hehe

Bardock42
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, no, there's nothing to laugh about, you have a very beautiful wife.

debbiejo
laughing out loud

Alliance
laughing out loud

Lord Urizen

Whob, go back to into Exile !

Please do not resurrect old arguments.....

Thundar
Whob, go back to into Exile !

Please do not resurrect old arguments.....

*umm mr. Urizen..i thought you said that you would only adressed me seriously when I was serious....that being stated..i think the above has demonstrated the extent of you're seriously debating skills...my friend...wink

Lord Urizen
*umm mr. Urizen..i thought you said that you would only adressed me seriously when I was serious....that being stated..i think the above has demonstrated the extent of you're seriously debating skills...my friend...wink

THATS SARCASM !

THAT WIT !

THAT SMILEY !!!

YOU TRULY ARE WHOB !!! WELCOME BACK OLD FREIND sick

Darth Oblivion
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
All this is EXACTLY why I don't have a religion. I don't believe a word coming out of any of your mouths. It's always "God this" or "Budda that" or "Alluh the other thing". Religion is little more that a huge popularity contest, and I will NOT participate!

Shakyamunison
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
All this is EXACTLY why I don't have a religion. I don't believe a word coming out of any of your mouths. It's always "God this" or "Budda that" or "Alluh the other thing". Religion is little more that a huge popularity contest, and I will NOT participate!

Because we talk about abstract concepts or historical figures, you don't want to have anything to do with religion? confused

Darth Oblivion
Because we talk about abstract concepts or historical figures, you don't want to have anything to do with religion? confused

I should have worded it different. It's not that I mind the historical figures or abstract concepts -im an imaginative, it's my hobby to think about such things- what I mind is that at every turn someone is more or less POUNDING this stuff into my skull and telling me how much better my life will be if I take their respective "god" into my life.

Shakyamunison
I should have worded it different. It's not that I mind the historical figures or abstract concepts -im an imaginative, it's my hobby to think about such things- what I mind is that at every turn someone is more or less POUNDING this stuff into my skull and telling me how much better my life will be if I take their respective "god" into my life.

thumb up I agree with you there... big grin

Lord Urizen
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have found much comfort and wisdom in the teachings of Buddha, but I do not worship him. Buddha never asked to be worshipped, he saw himself as everyone else's equal. He simply acheived Enlightenment, and hopes all can do the same.

fini
Originally posted by Bardock42
No, no, there's nothing to laugh about, you have a very beautiful wife.

LOL, you funny!!!

Damn I need a wife now? oh crap, and i thought getting a husband was enough trouble.

hmmm I'm gonna be a wife come december, i think I'll make a pretty bride( indian clothes suit me really well)

Darth Oblivion
I saw a number I liked today. 14.7 percent of people in America have no religious preference. YEAH!

debbiejo
LOL, you funny!!!

Damn I need a wife now? oh crap, and i thought getting a husband was enough trouble.

hmmm I'm gonna be a wife come december, i think I'll make a pretty bride( indian clothes suit me really well) OH, a December wedding....guess you won't be wearing muffs like they sometimes do here...Congrads. btw. beer

fini
oooo thanks, guess I'll have to drink the alcohol now, lol , since none will be allowed for the wedding( its a hindu ceremony, so no alco, meat, not even seeing my bf for 2 weeks)

LOL no ear muffs obviously, although it would be great it the temp were around 25, cause the amount of clothes i will have on, it will be hot.

soin2cal
I dont really have one really.

TRH
Originally posted by soin2cal
I dont really have one really. That is because you live in california

Nellinator
oooo thanks, guess I'll have to drink the alcohol now, lol , since none will be allowed for the wedding( its a hindu ceremony, so no alco, meat, not even seeing my bf for 2 weeks)

LOL no ear muffs obviously, although it would be great it the temp were around 25, cause the amount of clothes i will have on, it will be hot.
25 Celsius? It would be nice if it was -25 Celsius today, where I live. This pisses me off.

fini
oh god, I dont even know how cold that is, lol.

Nellinator
laughing

Darth Oblivion
what the hell are you people talking about?

fini
uhhhhhh..?????

debbiejo
HAHAHA, I'm talking about hand muffs.........LOL

http://www.furcreationsbyjan.com/sections/samples.php

Oh, and I'm sure you will be so beautiful in that garb....... smile

Shakyamunison
^ Garb?

TRH
^ Garb? ja

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by debbiejo
HAHAHA, I'm talking about hand muffs.........LOL

http://www.furcreationsbyjan.com/sections/samples.php

Oh, and I'm sure you will be so beautiful in that garb....... smile

What on earths a "hand muff" - some kind of mitten? Or are they those fluffy tube things women with fur coats in Russia often seem to be wearing?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.