Which Empire is the largest? Galactic Empire or The Klingon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
This is not a Star Wars vs. Star Trek bash thread. So if you were looking for that...sorry to disappoint you.

For awhile, this topic have always been debated. And even without bias in the discussion there really isn't a clear decision. However, some very good points are raise. So, why don't we have some fun with this one. Please, for the sake of discussion....none of that "OMG STAR TREKS SUX" or "STARWARS IS OVRATED"

k?

Endless Mike
The Empire from Star Wars spans an entire galaxy.

The Klingon empire spans a small section of the Beta Quadrant.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Endless Mike
The Empire from Star Wars spans an entire galaxy.

The Klingon empire spans a small section of the Beta Quadrant.

yes

Yup!

S_W_LeGenD
Galactic Empire is far bigger.

Ushgarak
Yes, I am afraid there is not much to argue here.

Bicnarok
I pressume though that the klingon empire may have grown and shrank, war hungry races like to invade other folk.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Are we talking The Galactic Empire when it was formed or years afterward? If its when if was first formed, I'd say The Klingon empire.

WrathfulDwarf
I was thinking Klingon Empire Pre-24th Century....but as a whole which one would you say is the largest? GE or Klingon?

Ushgarak
The answer still remains identical. When first formed, the GE consisted of millions- more- of worlds spanning the Galaxy. As noted, the Klingon Empire is a small part of one quadrant.

Star Wars is simply on an entirely different scale to Trek. We are talking an absolute, no contest here. The Galactic Empire is many hundreds of times larger.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I was thinking Klingon Empire Pre-24th Century....but as a whole which one would you say is the largest? GE or Klingon?

If you're saying before Picards time, I would dare say that the Klingon empire was very vast. The Galactic Empire was beginning in Star Wars :Attack of the Clones. The Empire wasn't fully operational until after ROTS. In the 24th century, the Klingon empire is still vast, but not half as large.

Endless Mike
The GE didn't grow from the ground up, it just took over the area the Republic already owned, which was the whole galaxy.

Ushgarak
Indeedy so.

It's a broken issue. It's like saying what is larger, the Federation or Gondor?

The Libertine
Galactic Empire is almost a whole Galaxy the Federation is far smaller. IT's possible because Star Wars FTL is on a whole different level to Warp or even transwarp drive.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.