Vaders space ship

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
In ROTJ we see Luke and the gang in vaders space ship going to distroy the death star.

How did they get there hands on it ?? Plus where did luke get his new green Lightsaber from ?? It was cool

Thanks

Council#13
Apparently Luke makes his own lightsaber using notes from Obi-Wan's hut.

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by Council#13
Apparently Luke makes his own lightsaber using notes from Obi-Wan's hut.

queeq
That is EU but a very probably guess.

steverules
The space ship wasn't vaders, it just looked like Vaders...it was stolen from someone else I believe. After that scene later in the film you see vader flying his ship to take himself and Luke too see the emperor

queeq
It's just a shuttle. Like Vader has one (already in ESB - DVD edition), the Emperor has one. It is one of many.

Ushgarak
Whilst it is indeed in the EU that the sabre was constructed that way, it was also in the ROTJ radio play, which has always given it a slighty more respectable status.

queeq
Ah yes, I forgot about that.

mossman
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Whilst it is indeed in the EU that the sabre was constructed that way, it was also in the ROTJ radio play, which has always given it a slighty more respectable status.

The scene was definitely scripted and storyboarded for the movie although never included in the published shooting script - Vintage 77 has posted some of the storyboards in the OT Pictures thread.
No pictorial evidence has yet surfaced to show the scene was ever actually filmed (and I doubt it was).

Curiously, John Williams seems to have scored music for this scene though - much of the music from Tatooine Rendezvous, from the Special Edition soundtrack, is thought to contain cues from this scene not included in the movie. The liner notes to the CD also suggest that Vader tries to contact Luke through the Force during this omitted scene.

As for the Tydirium - that was just one of many Lambda Class Shuttles used by the Empire, although it was at one point used as a personal shuttle by Vader himself.
Vader is using a different Lambda Class shuttle by the time of ROTJ, I'm not sure of the name.
The EU tells how Wedge Antilies and Ace Azzameen stole the Tydirium from the Empire prior to the mission to Endor

queeq
But that's EU... There's no canon evidence the Tydyrium ever belonged to Vader.

mossman
True - anyway, it's safe to say they are two totally different shuttles; the one the rebels use, and the one Vader arrives in.
And the one Palpatine uses for that matter...

vintageSW77
i think there is only one shuttle that Vader and Palp use
if memory is correct the shuttle always lands in the same docking bay on the Death Star mk 2 and there is never no more than one parked at a time

it even lands in the same docking bay in ESB but lets not go there

queeq
Vader's shuttle could have returned to his spaceship.

vintageSW77
whos shuttle does Luke make his exit from the death Star with ??

queeq
The Emperor's maybe? Dunno actually.

Tangible God
Originally posted by vintageSW77
whos shuttle does Luke make his exit from the death Star with ?? The Death Star will have more than just a couple shuttles.

queeq
Good point.

vintageSW77
(i know why in real terms)
but its always the same docking bay that they go in and out of and ive never seen more than one parked there

but as stated there is concept art to show that there was more than one intended
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o60/cylob46/338909619_5a72bd9845.jpg

queeq
From the PT we know that is fact, we see the style already emerging in ROTS. It's a normal shuttle.

Tangible God
(i know why in real terms)
but its always the same docking bay that they go in and out of and ive never seen more than one parked there The Empire doesn't build weapons of mass destruction and spend a lot of time designing unique hangers.

queeq
They should employ more gay designers.

megadeus
Luke building his own saber is depicted in the ROTJ novelization.

queeq
We know.

Alliance
haermm

vintageSW77
or maybe Lucas could have skipped the whole Vader lands on shuttle cribbed from ROTJ scene in ESB and not added to the confusion over who the owner of the only shuttle in the SW universe that is always parked in the same bay belongs to mystery

queeq
That's asking too much. Besides, I have bigger beef with Lucas over the PT than such minor cosmetics from the OT.

Tangible God
Yup.

vintageSW77
or maybe Lucas could have skipped the whole Vader lands on shuttle cribbed from ROTJ scene in ESB and not added to the confusion over who the owner of the only shuttle in the SW universe that is always parked in the same bay belongs to mystery

ive re read that 3 times and it makes me go cock eyed
i apologize

queeq
Apology accepted.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by steverules
The space ship wasn't vaders, it just looked like Vaders...it was stolen from someone else I believe. After that scene later in the film you see vader flying his ship to take himself and Luke too see the emperor

Yes. The T-16 Skyhopper (the ship that Luke and the gang used) may look very similar to Vader's Imperial Shuttle, but they're not the exact same thing. stick out tongue It's common that people get them mixed up though...

queeq
But dumb.

coolmovies
Must be a mistake

queeq
Why a mistake? The have similarities in design but they are quite different.

coolmovies
I think thats how vader found out where luke was

Tangible God
What are you talking about?

queeq
Originally posted by coolmovies
I think thats how vader found out where luke was

Whaaat???!!! confused

coolmovies
am not feeling very well today so i dont know what am going on about

queeq
Neither do we.

rougeredmage
doesnt it specificallly state that the shuttle is a slightly older moddle? i seem to remember a comment about the security codes are still old but still valid?

queeq
Only the codes.

General G
Codes were older ones. Fossil.

queeq
Fossil codes?

General G
Sure, why not.

queeq
Hmmm... what do they sound like?

General G
A constant clicking. Similar to you if you need an example.

queeq
Now you're getting nasty.

General G
evil face

queeq
And ugly.

General G
They kinda go hand in hand.

queeq
In your case, yes. wink

General G
In all cases!

queeq
Nope.

General G
Yes, look at Sidious.

queeq
One example... but it could be the exception to the rule.

General G
You!

queeq
Good enough for me.

General G
Good enough example? I thought so.

queeq
You don't think, You process.

Anyway, way off topic. CLOSING

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.