Can someone explain this? :p

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

soin2cal
All day i have had the term 'down to earth' in my head, but really cannot explain what it actually means. Do any of you know exactly how to explain it? I think i am, i cannot explain how i am but my passions in life and everything have reasons for them, i am depthly into the conversation with them and i dont knowlaughing out loud i just think i am down to earth for my way of thinking of things, though just cant explain it mad LOL!

sorry if this seems pathetic but some of you may be easily better at explaining than me over the computerlaughing out loud

Name one example of what a person would say too if they were down to earth? And if you are down to earth, how?
I always thought down to earth people are interesting with their way of speech and mind.

Barker
Down to earth means get the hell out of my forum and don't come back until the Jacope sings. herbnone

soin2cal
Really? eek!

a1hsauce
lol..it means youre real..ur not fake...ur DOWN to Earth

Barker
Originally posted by soin2cal
Really? eek!
Yeah. Bloigen coined it.

soin2cal
You are getting me there with it morebig grin However when you say that, give me an example of the fake word to the REAL down to earth word in a term of speech.? Like if someone who was down to earth was compared with someone that isnt, what would be any different in the term of their speeches? As an example nowstick out tongue
so as an example then, a down to earth person would know about all the risks you take/possibilities etc in life, not just sit back epecting things to happen that way, but be in the real world?

a1hsauce
confused

Barker
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Down+to+earth+definition&btnG=Google+Search

Dolt.

soin2cal
Oh thanksbig grin I will see if i can understand thislaughing out loud
sometimes i have to be explained to, not just given words as it never adds up to melaughing out loudI am sensible/realistic as i dont just sit in a dream worldlaughing out loud so i probably am down to earth because i know what the world is like in reality, plus i do often live in the real worldbig grin

Barker
Smilie whore.

MightyEInherjar
"Down to Earth" is just the opposite of having your "Head in the Clouds."

In other words, down to earth=real, on stable minded, not much of a day dreamer, while head in the clouds=imaginative, an 'airy' person, oblivious to the things around them (which are on the ground, or the 'earth')

Bloigen
Originally posted by Barker
Yeah. Bloigen coined it.

Awesome.

soin2cal
I do have my head in the clouds sometimes, so im not always down to earth. However i grew out of being in a fake world, then bagan living in the real world, not relaxinglaughing out loud i know people that daydream but also are down to earth in how they think/talk etc, so you can be in the clouds one minute then another minute not bestick out tongue
oh this is ever so confusing LOL!
I believe that every person can be part down to earth, then another oposite thing another minute.
That make sense though, its like the opposite, when your daydreamy you are not down to earthstick out tongue

Strangelove
No

soin2cal
whatstick out tongue?

Röland
I really don't understand the point of this thread at all.

Eclipso
Originally posted by Strangelove
No

Kongu Dude
Originally posted by Barker
Down to earth means get the hell out of my forum and don't come back until the Jacope sings. herbnone

lord xyz
Originally posted by soin2cal
All day i have had the term 'down to earth' in my head, but really cannot explain what it actually means. Do any of you know exactly how to explain it? I think i am, i cannot explain how i am but my passions in life and everything have reasons for them, i am depthly into the conversation with them and i dont knowlaughing out loud i just think i am down to earth for my way of thinking of things, though just cant explain it mad LOL!

sorry if this seems pathetic but some of you may be easily better at explaining than me over the computerlaughing out loud

Name one example of what a person would say too if they were down to earth? And if you are down to earth, how?
I always thought down to earth people are interesting with their way of speech and mind. Down to Earth, it either means normal or modern.

Seraphim XIII
SAUCE goes with PASTA, FFS!

soin2cal
Originally posted by lord xyz
Down to Earth, it either means normal or modern.

messed
I really do understand it now, thanks guys, without you i would have really not knownbig grin
I know that a down to earth person accepts the world the way it is, realizies exactly what life is basically, living in the real world and knowing these things sure makes people down to earthbig grin
I can be very down to earth at times though can also get stressed by how the world is so im half and halfstick out tongue

Kongu Dude
Originally posted by Seraphim XIII
SAUCE goes with PASTA, FFS!
no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.