Sage vs Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmarksthespot
Sage is injected with the SSS and is on Kick. She gets a scimitar made of the same material as Captain America's shield.

Fight in the unactivated Danger Room.

Discuss.

guy222
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Sage is injected with the SSS and is on Kick. She gets a scimitar made of the same material as Captain America's shield.

Discuss.

Cap

Symmetric Chaos

Discuss.

Probably Sage she has other powers to start with and the SSS should put them close to equal footing physically.

guy222
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Probably Sage she has other powers to start with and the SSS should put them close to equal footing physically.

I took Cap for experience

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by guy222
I took Cap for experience

Sage has a perfect memory so I figured she would get more out of each fight she's had.

Plus with her thought speed she might be able to mimic Cap until she learned his fighting style.

guy222
Sage has a perfect memory so I figured she would get more out of each fight she's had.

Plus with her thought speed she might be able to mimic Cap until she learned his fighting style.

sounds fair

Alfheim

Discuss.

Ok lets look at this. Sage is already a formidable MA, not one of the best in the world but still formidable. This probably implies in terms of pure h2h she is not as good as cap.

What makes her dangerous is that she has a mind like a computer which enables her to mimic a person's abilities and analyse an opponet.

Well considering that Cap has already beaten a computer called cache this also implies in terms of combat and strategy his mind is also faster than a computer. Cap has also learnt an alien martial art in a day. This could also implies when it comes to analysing terrestial martial artists his analysing skills would be mcuh greater.

It says in her profile that she is highly skilled with edged weapons but I dont think she would be as skilled as cap with his shield because cap has more experience.

Ok to summarise if you look at caps showings in terms of h2h combat and strategy its not illogical to say that he can match sage.

Giving Sage the SSS evens up things because she will have enhanced stats, but I think Cap could still win this because he has more experience with fighting than she does and also he has more experience with his weapon of choice.

Cap also has the advantage of multiple ranged attacks. Cap can also use his shield as a missle but can also use his shield to get his opponents into a position he wants.

Im giving it to Cap 6/10 because he has more experince (I think) and his shield is more versatile.

Alfheim
so what...this thread dies just liike thet...this is actually a good thread...eventhough the intentions seem spitey.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Alfheim
so what...this thread dies just liike thet...this is actually a good thread...eventhough the intentions seem spitey.

Let me put it this way if guy222 and SymmetricChaos are the first 4 responses then nobody cares.

xmarksthespot
...eventhough the intentions seem spitey. huh I don't think she can match him ordinarily because he outskills her and outstats her so I narrowed the stats gap (SSS) and skills gap (Kick enhances her mutant ability i.e. better calculation of probable outcomes). It can still probably pretty much go either way though imo.

Alfheim
huh I don't think she can match him ordinarily because he outskills her and outstats her so I narrowed the stats gap. It can still probably pretty much go either way though imo.

Well im giving him the win, because her mental skills are a bit like DD's radar sense. Eventhough she might have more knowledge and forethought in the battels shes still not going to be as fast and as strong as Cap even with the SSS because Cap trains harder than she probably does.

Part of his abilities are not just SSS but his constant training.....so basically she does not have the physical prowess to back up whats in he head....hope that makes sense. sad

Metalmanx
This fight could easily go 5/10 for both, considering Cap's skill and Sage's mutant ability.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Metalmanx
This fight could easily go 5/10 for both, considering Cap's skill and Sage's mutant ability.

I don't know much about Sage but with a eidectic memory couldn't she learn Cap's fighting style after just one fight and then use that agianst him in the other ones?

Alfheim
I don't know much about Sage but with a eidectic memory couldn't she learn Cap's fighting style after just one fight and then use that agianst him in the other ones?

Yes but she needs to have the physical prowess to bak up her knowledge. Cap will still be faster and stronger because he has been training longer than she has and trains more often.

Symmetric Chaos
Yes but she needs to have the physical prowess to bak up her knowledge. Cap will still be faster and stronger because he has been training longer than she has and trains more often.

SSS should narrow that gap a little so I'd give it to her for a majority. (BTW what is Kick?)

Alfheim
SSS should narrow that gap a little so I'd give it to her for a majority. (BTW what is Kick?)

Yeah.... I know but like I said...shes still going to be slower and less strong. Its like DD radar sense..sure he knows that something is going to happen but that doesnt always mean he will be able to dodge attacks because his reflexes are at a certain level. If DD fights an opponent who is much faster than him all he will know is that hes going to get his *** kicked.

Ok this situation isnt to that extreme but I suspect even if sage has sss Cap will still be significantly faster.

I dunno I think xmarks was joking...kick is an enrgy drink.

Symmetric Chaos

I dunno I think xmarks was joking...kick is an enrgy drink.

According to Wiki in Marvel Kick is a drug that amps mutant powers.

I don't see her crushing Cap but I think she would take a few good wins especially later in the matches.

Metalmanx

Uh...the SSS equalizes their physical stats. She's as strong/fast/agile/etc. as Cap. Plus the fact that she has her mutant powers amped from Kick...

Well, this is why I said 5/10. But I might just lean a bit towards Sage on this one.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Uh...the SSS equalizes their physical stats. She's as strong/fast/agile/etc. as Cap. Plus the fact that she has her mutant powers amped from Kick...

Im not sure about that, because not all of Caps powers come from the SSS. If you read what it says in caps comics its not just the SSS that gives him his stamina and speed its his training. Therefore if he didnt train his stats would be lower. To paraphrase "Caps SSS gives him his abilities and his constant training to keep him in peak conditon." Im sure I read this at herochat in the Captain respect forum.

Your serously going to take that kick statement seriously?

Soljer
Well...this thread is kinda slow, so lets start a flame war:

Well, the Super Soldier Serum enhances you to peak human.

However, everyone knows that peak MALE is superior to peak FEMALE. Therefore, Cap would still have the edge on Sage in the physicality department.

shifty

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Soljer
Well...this thread is kinda slow, so lets start a flame war:

Well, the Super Soldier Serum enhances you to peak human.

However, everyone knows that peak MALE is superior to peak FEMALE. Therefore, Cap would still have the edge on Sage in the physicality department.

shifty

YOU SANCTIMONIOUS B*****D!

laughing out loud

Soljer

YOU STUPID CHAUVINISTIC BASTARD!

Women are JUST as capable as men in EVERY field of existence. There is not a SINGLE thing that a man can do, that some woman can't do better. Get over yourself, you prick!

Soljer
Not a single thing, hm? Is that why men lead the fields in all sorts of scientific progress? Is that why men have set EVERY record for strength, speed, endurance, and athletics?

Not a single thing? How about directing their piss stream. Show me a woman that can direct her piss stream as well as I can.

SpunkySmurph
Soljer, you're at a serious risk of derailing the thread ermm

Soljer
Retard, that's only due to the division and subjugation that Women have experienced over the years. If men and women STARTED on an equal playing field, they would be on one now. But no. Women have been force to start MUCH later in the fields you mentioned - science and athletics, primarily.

But you know what? They're closing the gap. Women are going to surpass and supercede you pigs within the next few years. You just watch.

Sick ****.

Soljer
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Soljer, you're at a serious risk of derailing the thread ermm

Oh, right.

Shit.

Disregard. big grin.

SpunkySmurph
But I was going to help... ermm

Soljer
But I was going to help... ermm

*laughs*

I was doing alright simply arguing with myself.

You're welcome to join, however.

SpunkySmurph
Well, so far, Xmarks' thread, well being very close in the battle, HAS managed to prove one fact.

Simply put:

Soljer's skitzo. ermm

Soljer
Well, so far, Xmarks' thread, well being very close in the battle, HAS managed to prove one fact.

Simply put:

Soljer's skitzo. ermm

No he isn't!

Don't say things like that about him! He happens to be a very good friend of mine.

Oh, and, there is quite a bit of difference between schitzophrenia and dissociative identiy disorder. Though the two are often misused and confused in colloquial terms.

Symmetric Chaos

Simply put:

Soljer's skitzo. ermm

You're confusing Identity Disassociation and Schitzophrenia buddy.

Soljer
You're confusing Identity Disassociation and Schitzophrenia buddy.

Soljer already mentioned that to him.

SpunkySmurph
I know.

But Identity Disassociation is oh so much harder to write out then 'skitzo'.

No disrespect though.

Not to offend anybody... ermm

On a slightly-similair-but-not-really-whatsoever note, this smilie is really starting to piss me off. ermm

Soljer
Then why the hell do you keep using it, you stupid bastard? ****ing emoticons!!!!

I can't stand the ****ing things! All of them need to jump ship and ****ing CHOKE ON GLASS.

Pieces of shit.

Symmetric Chaos
Soljer already mentioned that to him.

Did they?

SpunkySmurph
Then why the hell do you keep using it, you stupid bastard? ****ing emoticons!!!!

I can't stand the ****ing things! All of them need to jump ship and ****ing CHOKE ON GLASS.

Pieces of shit.

Spaz. ermm

I suppose this is right up there with the whole 'I don't WANNA wear a signature and avatar, because I LIKE people thinking that I'm xmeat." ermm

Soljer
Did they?

They? Who? Where?

Are they watching me through the television? I knew the people inside could see me. I knew they could. I told the men. I told them. That the people I could see, could certainly see me.

I warned them. They didn't listen. Now they're gonna die. All of them - they're all gonna suffer because they didn't listen!

Soljer
Spaz. ermm

I suppose this is right up there with the whole 'I don't WANNA wear a signature and avatar, because I LIKE people thinking that I'm xmeat." ermm

Who says I'm not xmeat, dude?

Who says that I'm not you? Maybe we are all, cosmically, spiritually, even physically, intertwined!

We all came from the same nothingness, the same cosmic events. The same elements, the same quarks and leptons.

Who is to say there isn't some deeper connection that all humans have with each other. Or even that all of existence has with the rest of existence?

Come on, man. You're me, and I'm you, and xmeats the dirt under my big toe.

We're all one and the same.

SpunkySmurph
Who says I'm not xmeat, dude?

Who says that I'm not you? Maybe we are all, cosmically, spiritually, even physically, intertwined!

We all came from the same nothingness, the same cosmic events. The same elements, the same quarks and leptons.

Who is to say there isn't some deeper connection that all humans have with each other. Or even that all of existence has with the rest of existence?

Come on, man. You're me, and I'm you, and xmeats the dirt under my big toe.

We're all one and the same.

So, is this like your way of coming out of the closet? ermm

Soljer

So, is this like your way of coming out of the closet? ermm

Don't worry, spunk.

I'll take it real slow and easy with you.

I'll be real gentle boy.....and, say....

You sure got a reaaal purty mouth there, son.

SpunkySmurph
Don't worry, spunk.

You can't see my mouth.

You must be looking at Wario.

He's a real babe. ermm

Symmetric Chaos
Don't worry, spunk.

sick

why are you hitting on Mario/SpunkySmurph?

Soljer
sick

why are you hitting on Mario/SpunkySmurph?

Because, you can't take care of all my needs.

We discussed this, Chaos! I have a sex drive, I can't just ignore it. I'm sorry if I'm making you jealous, I'm not trying to...I just...I need more than what you've given me!

I know we had something special - HAVE something special, but unless you can start fulfilling my needs, I don't think it'll be quite enough.

I'm sorry. That's the only conclusion I think we can reach.

Symmetric Chaos
Because, you can't take care of all my needs.

We discussed this, Chaos! I have a sex drive, I can't just ignore it. I'm sorry if I'm making you jealous, I'm not trying to...I just...I need more than what you've given me!

I know we had something special - HAVE something special, but unless you can start fulfilling my needs, I don't think it'll be quite enough.

I'm sorry. That's the only conclusion I think we can reach.

*flees from room in tears*

Soljer
*sighs*

Well, spunk. I guess it's just you and me now.

Bend over.

SpunkySmurph
Xmarks is going to blow a cork when he sees we've filled his thread with Soljer's romantic confessions. ermm

Symmetric Chaos
Xmarks is going to blow a cork when he sees we've filled his thread with Soljer's romantic confessions. ermm

*peaks in carefully*

I wonder what Digi is gonna do.

Soljer

I don't think that's all he's gonna blow.....

shifty

SpunkySmurph
*sighs*

Well, spunk. I guess it's just you and me now.

Bend over.

'Spunk' is not here right now. Please leave a message after the beep and he will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

*BEEP*

ermm

Soljer
Spunk!! I know you're there. Pick up. Stop screening my calls, I just wanna talk to you, baby.

Come on, let's go somewhere, I'll take you out for a nice bite to eat, and then we can grab some wine over at my place, how's that sound, sweetie?

Symmetric Chaos
Don't listen to him Spunk guys like him never change. He'll just use you like before.

SpunkySmurph
*peaks in carefully*

I wonder what Digi is gonna do.

hopefully Probably ban you and Soljer.

ermm

Soljer
hopefully Probably ban you and Soljer.

ermm

Wait, and who is the one that wanted to help derail the thread? I'm taking you down with me, *****!

SpunkySmurph
Spunk!! I know you're there. Pick up. Stop screening my calls, I just wanna talk to you, baby.

Come on, let's go somewhere, I'll take you out for a nice bite to eat, and then we can grab some wine over at my place, how's that sound, sweetie?

Get a signature and maybe I'll consider it.

Stalker.

ermm

SpunkySmurph
I don't think that's all he's gonna blow.....

shifty

Maybe... But I thought Chaos left?

ermm

Soljer
Get a signature and maybe I'll consider it.

Stalker.

ermm

Where is quickshot or Howard Jones when you need them?

SpunkySmurph
Wait, and who is the one that wanted to help derail the thread? I'm taking you down with me, *****!

Digi, I was forced to help.

He held a gun to my head.

*refuses to post the smilie*

Soljer

*refuses to post the smilie*

About time you got over your addiction.

Digi; this entire thing was just a ruse to help get Smurph back on the wagon.

He was WAY over using that emoticon. Something had to be done. This was the ONLY logical course of action.

SpunkySmurph
About time you got over your addiction.

Digi; this entire thing was just a ruse to help get Smurph back on the wagon.

He was WAY over using that emoticon. Something had to be done. This was the ONLY logical course of action.

shrug

I had to use it until I hated it.

Soljer
shrug1

I had to use it until I hated it.

Oh christ, not another one now....

This will take the derailing of another thread to fix.....

Hmmm...where are all those Hulk fanboys congregating these days?

EDIT: Damnit. You HAD another emoticon. Cheater.

SpunkySmurph
Oh christ, not another one now....

This will take the derailing of another thread to fix.....

Hmmm...where are all those Hulk fanboys congregating these days?

EDIT: Damnit. You HAD another emoticon. Cheater.

You'll have to edit that post again. evil face

What happened to SymChaos? shrug

I'm not obsessed with the shrug smilie though... hmm

I'll just have to wait until I find another smilie that's as cool.

Entity
Damn Spunk you just full of .......well.......Spunk aint you?

Soljer
Originally posted by Entity
Damn Spunk you just full of .......well.......Spunk aint you?

Yeah, what can I say....

I got a little carried away with him.

SpunkySmurph
And that's how everyone magically forgot all about Xmarksthespot's silly little comics debate....

shifty

Soljer
Notice that spunky doesn't deny that him being full of spunk results from our little....'escapade' behind the forum curtains just earlier. shifty

And no answer is ALWAYS an implied yes.....

SpunkySmurph
Notice that spunky doesn't deny that him being full of spunk results from our little....'escapade' behind the forum curtains just earlier. shifty

And no answer is ALWAYS an implied yes.....

I didn't go behind any curtains.

But I did see Entity walking back. Says he was fetching something for the tourney...

And then there were these strange moans... confused

evil face

Entity
Hey you promised not to tell.

Soljer
So....

That means that it's ENTITY that's filled with Spunk.

sick sick

Symmetric Chaos

What happened to SymChaos? shrug

My brother stole my computer.

So....

sick sick

Its not Spunk that he's filled with

Entity
So....

sick sick

Entity: WHAT?

Spunky: But we made love!

Entity: psss You sucked my dick. eek!

jk my little spunkman.

Blair Wind
no expression

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Entity
Entity: WHAT?

Spunky: But we made love!

Entity: psss You sucked my dick. eek!

jk my little spunkman.

No, I told you.

I didn't go behind the curtains.

But Soljer did... confused

Does that mean you're filled with little Soljer's?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Blair Wind
no expression

Blair is here everybody act normal . . .

SpunkySmurph
I think Blair just killed our thread... no expression

Well, it wasn't our thread, but you get the idea.

Symmetric Chaos
I think Blair just killed our thread... no expression

unless . . . . . .

Hey Blair Spunky wants to show you something!

Blair Wind
What the f**k? I dont see anything.....must be too small. Anyone got a microscope?

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Blair Wind
What the f**k? I dont see anything.....must be too small. Anyone got a microscope?

That's cause you're looking at Xmarks... don't worry. It's not your eyes. Soljer said the same thing. ermm

(That's right, Soljer. I used it. shifty )

Symmetric Chaos
That's cause you're looking at Xmarks... don't worry. It's not your eyes. Soljer said the same thing. ermm

Where did you get X from?

SpunkySmurph
Where did you get X from?

It's under the assumption he reads this when he comes back online and looks to see if anybody replied to his thread. smile

Soljer
Also, for anyone that doesn't know.

Spunk is more than Spunk's name.

smile.

SpunkySmurph
Also, for anyone that doesn't know.

Spunk is more than Spunk's name.

smile.

laughing

Yeah, I dunno if anybody got that.

Oh, and you have a hater now. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out the Illum. thread, 'cause I'm too lazy to copy the quote again.

Soljer
I just checked it. *laughs*

It's fine by me. One less douche to deal with.

big grin.

SpunkySmurph
For those of you who like to eavsedrop and be nosy over cyberspace (yes, I can see you), you'll have to get the backstory by reading the last few pages of the KMC: Discrimination thread, then read Mr. Master's thread on ignoring trolls.

Though, for a real laugh, read the whole Discrimination thread

xmarksthespot
rolling on floor laughing

I just read the last few pages.

Soljer
rolling on floor laughing

I just read the last few pages.

Uhhhh....

Sorry X. smile.

SpunkySmurph
eek!

No anger!

xmarksthespot
eek!

No anger! There's anger. But only at you. Because you're Canadian. KMC discrimination means I have to.

SpunkySmurph
Well, what about Soljer? He doesn't have a determined nationality. He could be, y'know... French.

Beta Ray Howard
Sage is essentially Batgirl lite.

Two questions:

1. How experienced is she with a scimitar?
2. How does she stack up against experienced combatants.

Soljer
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
Sage is essentially Batgirl lite.

Two questions:

1. How experienced is she with a scimitar?
2. How does she stack up against experienced combatants.

Get back on topic! The questioning of Spunky's sexuality.

Soljer
Well, what about Soljer? He doesn't have a determined nationality. He could be, y'know... French.

French? *spits*

I'm not French, Canadian, American, nor British.

I get to hate all you bastards, stick out tongue.

Beta Ray Howard
Get back on topic! The questioning of Spunky's sexuality.

He's Canadian.

SpunkySmurph
French? *spits*

I'm not French, Canadian, American, nor British.

I get to hate all you bastards, stick out tongue.

So... what are you?

Black? confused

Soljer
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
He's Canadian.

Good point. He lacks sexuality. erm.

xmarksthespot
All my bumping to no avail. sad

Soljer
All my bumping to no avail. sad

Yours?

OUR bumping!

Alfheim
Man...I wanna say that Cap wins this but ou gave her kick as well. The only advantages that Cap has is long range with his shield and he is still physically superior to her.

Damn did you have to give her kick as well? Anyway I think Cap still has the slight majority.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.