Nihilus vs shimrra jamaane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kadesh
ok.. Nihilus force drain would not work on shimrra due to him not being connected to the force, all nihilus has is his saber and his force attacks, who will win?

jollyjim311
Are you kidding me? Shimrra gives him a beat down.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by jollyjim311
How?

((The_Anomaly))

Lightsnake
Nihilus can't drain Shimrra through the force...Nihilus's advantage is gone...and Shimrra's a monster in combat

Allankles
Aren't the vong connected to the living force, but on a different frequency? I remember a character perhaps Vegerre (sp) mentioning that just because the Jedi couldn't reach the Vong through the force doesn't mean that the Vong aren't a part of the force.

Point is, even though the Jedi couldn't feel the Vong through the force doesn't change the fact that the Vong were still very much a part of the force (otherwise how would they exist?).

If this is the case, Nihilus unusual perceptions might allow him to affect the Vong through the force, failing that Nihilus can still affect his own body with the force accelarating his body to make use of his lightsaber against Shimrra, assuming of course they are fighting on a level playing field (we all know about the unfair advantage Shimrra had against Luke in the NJO finale).

jollyjim311
"Their presences do not register in the ubiquitous energy field, and they are immune to Force attacks."

-Databank

allfg
Nihilus' power in the force is too damn strong for him to lose this imo, though it could happen.

Tortoise Herder
Ok than, Just to put things in perspective, the only time we see Nihllie in fair combat is AFTER he shoot himself in the chest and pretty much crippled himself by trying to drain the Exile. The question is if he will try to do so again. If so, I would give this to Shimrra, though not easily by any means of the word. If not I would give this to Nihilus, though again it is going to be close.

darthsith19
Nihilus unleashes his Force Lightning on Shimrra. End of fight.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by darthsith19
Nihilus unleashes his Force Lightning on Shimrra (to no effect then gets cut in half). End of fight.

darthsith19
Sorry, I didn't know Shimrra was immune to Force attacks. In that case, he wins.

Allankles
"Their presences do not register in the ubiquitous energy field, and they are immune to Force attacks."

-Databank

Do not register, but it doesn't mean they don't have a signature within this ubiquitous energy field. The vong were poorly drawn up (by the authors; no concrete explanation for their condition), they were still a part of the force even though the Jedi were unable to affect them. As I said, Zonama Sekot seems to have changed their frequency within this ubiquitous energy field preventing the Jedi to affect them with the force with their limited perceptions.

If the Vong are completely not a part of the force, then they wouldn't exist in the Star Wars universe.

Even if Nihilus can't drain Shimrra, I still think he's too powerful to fall to Shimrra in a fair fight, he still can affect his body with the force allowing him to move faster than Shimrra.

allfg
Agreed, or just chuck stuff at him with the force.

Lightsnake
Please....do you know much about Shimrra? Shimrra's faster and tougher than a race of warriors...an average Vong is capable of:
Deflecting a knife from a noghri, one of the best assassins inthe galaxy
Kill the Noghri
Take on two Jedi
Defeat one of them...

Before the knife hits the ground.

Shimrra matches a-an albeit tired- Luke and dances around his attacks....he's over seven feet tall, muscled like a monster and deflects a saber throw with his hand without even looking...he also knocks JACEN unconcious with a dismissive slap

Allankles
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Please....do you know much about Shimrra? Shimrra's faster and tougher than a race of warriors...an average Vong is capable of:
Deflecting a knife from a noghri, one of the best assassins inthe galaxy
Kill the Noghri
Take on two Jedi
Defeat one of them...

Before the knife hits the ground.

Shimrra matches a-an albeit tired- Luke and dances around his attacks....he's over seven feet tall, muscled like a monster and deflects a saber throw with his hand without even looking...he also knocks JACEN unconcious with a dismissive slap

But that wasn't a fair fight. He first had the Jedi weakened by forcing them to fight his elite guard the slayers, then on top of all that he had them fighting on a platform whose gravity he controlled (weakening them further). In a fair fight, I 'd favour an above average Jedi over shimrra. Nihilus with a lightsaber kills him IMO.

Lightsnake
It doesn't matter: Luke's power is still far and above everyone else in the SW universe and tired or not, he was an incredible fighter.

Nihilus has demonstrated more skill and speed Nihilus has by far

((The_Anomaly))
Nihilus has shown absolutely nothing of skill and power, other then his drain ability, which would have zero effect on Shimrra. Honestly, Shimrra utterly slaughters Nihilus.

Tangible God
The Freak took on NJO Luke in combat, and Luke is Star Wars' Jesus.

Nihilus has show what in terms of physical combat that could compete with Shimrra?

Captain REX
I don't think Nihilus can take him...

LORDSIDIOUS01
Shimrra

Faunus
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Please....do you know much about Shimrra? Shimrra's faster and tougher than a race of warriors...Tougher? Stronger? More skilled? Sure. But faster? Doubtful. He was described as moving "stiffly", using his scepter as a walking stick.

Do you have a passage for this? If you remember the book, it's on swtimeline for you to reference.

I don't think that's what happened at all, but I may have misread the passage. It appeared to me, that Shimrra caged Luke in with his 10-foot amphistaff, then lunged in and ensnared him.

The saber throw came from a stunned JACEN who was lying on the ground after being *****slapped.

Lightsnake
Originally posted by Faunus
Tougher? Stronger? More skilled? Sure. But faster? Doubtful. He was described as moving "stiffly", using his scepter as a walking stick.
He's also described as having mastered Vergere's lessons well on never being in the same plac eattacked
And Onimi admits he lost some control of him in the fight. Prior to the fight starting, Shimrra was still a puppet

It's in Dark Tide 2, when Krag Val fights the Noghri, Ganner and Jacen...unfotunately, the book's formatting is ****ed up entirely- can people transcribing learn of 'paragraphs?'

"The master of defense is never in the place that is attacked. Shimrra had learned this lesson well."

Jacen observing the fight

I know that. however, Jacen is one of the most powerful Jedi around-even then....and it was Shimrra who smacked him to the floor...plus, Jacen had recovered by the time he chucked the saber

Darth_Glentract
Well, as I was saying at...what forum was it? There are too many. The one DS19 is in charge of, Nihilus might actually have a chance in this fight if he focuses on the fact that he can still use the Force to hit Shimrra with things even if he cannot outright hit Shimrra with the Force itself. Nihilus' powers were great enough to tear his fleat from the mass shadows of Malachor and hold it together as he flew around the galaxy. That's some serious power right there.

Lightsnake
If nihilus can grab something that Shimrra won't just dodge or deflect...

Tangible God
You know, like an elephant or something.

Nikkolas
Nihilus does what Tahiri did when she was captured and tortured.

Make a vacuum around the head of The Vong (Shimrra). Shimrra needs to breathe and he has zero counter to the attack.

I would dare say that if a desperate and weakened Tahiri can pull it off...anyone could.

jollyjim311
Okay. Shimrra realizes that he can't breathe, then throws a thud bug through Nihilus.

Nikkolas
Apparently Nihilus lacks any sort of speed or agility....

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by darthsith19
Sorry, I didn't know Shimrra was immune to Force attacks. In that case, he wins.

co-signed

Nikkolas
Yes.

The Vong are immune to the Force.

That's why a Force technique worked on them.

That's why Anakin sensed them in the Force before he died.
=

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Yes.

The Vong are immune to the Force.

That's why a Force technique worked on them.

That's why Anakin sensed them in the Force before he died.
=

true

Allankles
Nihilus is favourite in this. He has so much more going for him as a powerful force user. Shimrra on the other hand can only fall on his weapons and physical attributes. Plus his fight with NJO Luke wasn't even close to being fair, yet he could only get his head chopped off after a brief engagement with a very tired Luke.

Shimrra is no CW Grievous, Nihilus takes this 7/10.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.