There is something terribly wrong with this country

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deano
An edit of the movie V For Vendetta to reflect events today

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article14615.htm

http://www.davidicke.com/images/stories/Jan%202006/blooddees.jpg

Alliance
Almost 1 week to the SUPERBOWL! Happy Dance

§uffer§noopy
Interesting video, but not enough for me to remain on topic.

Colts lose.

Bardock42
Also a conspiracy theory.

Lana

Captain REX
firefirefireph

By Crom!
Originally posted by Captain REX
firefirefireph

Best Smiley Ever?

Captain REX
**** yeah.

You know what watching that video made me think?

I made me imagine Deano dressed up as V and trying to overthrow the U.S. government. w00t

FeceMan
And it is evidenced by the fact that you are allowed to pollute KMC with this garbage.

Alliance
V for Vendetta is dumb...at least the movie...never read the graphic novel.

Fishy
Originally posted by Alliance

Stop lying. That movie freaking rocked

Bardock42
V for Vendetta is dumb...at least the movie...never read the graphic novel. Originally posted by Fishy
Stop lying. That movie freaking rocked

Alliance
No. It sucked. It was just incredibly lame and whiny.

Bardock42
No. It sucked. It was just incredibly lame and whiny.

No, really, you are wrong. It was great.

Alliance
Great like the a dung heap compared to a turd.

Its blatant overzelous propoganda, the kind that has been popping up ever since industrialism. Its a constant whine with pathetic dialogue, shallow characters, and an even shallower plot.

Bardock42

Its blatant overzelous propoganda, the kind that has been popping up ever since industrialism. Its a constant whine with pathetic dialogue, shallow characters, and an even shallower plot.

...it is about freedom. And the tendency of governments to take freedoms away. About fascism an. It has quite a few themes.

Though there is some more cheesyness in it than in the GN it is not bad generally. How did you find the plot shallow anyways? It is politically intelligent.

Quick question, do you hate 1984, too?

Oncewhite
People are very creative, esp. when they have a bone to pick with someone in power, I've seen some creative gossip about the Clintons and the Bushs. You do have to take these things with a grain of salt, yeah, "we" are the government, "we" are responsible, and "we" are the people that elect the folks in power. So, "we" ought to be more pro-active and work hard to fix the problems in this country, it's not perfect, yet it's a great country.

Grimm22

The graphic novel was superb.

The movie pretty much bastardized the original story by trying to make it more modern

grey fox
Originally posted by Grimm22
The graphic novel was superb.

The movie pretty much bastardized the original story by trying to make it more modern

Yup and then most peopel ***** at you when you try to explain how the book pwns the move.

Grimm22
Originally posted by grey fox
Yup and then most peopel ***** at you when you try to explain how the book pwns the move.

Yep, mainly because the book is "boring" compared the movie, which shows V as some awkward Knife throwing warrior, where in the novel he was a trickster not a freaking' ninja

Seth Wynd
Originally posted by Oncewhite
People are very creative, esp. when they have a bone to pick with someone in power, I've seen some creative gossip about the Clintons and the Bushs. You do have to take these things with a grain of salt, yeah, "we" are the government, "we" are responsible, and "we" are the people that elect the folks in power. So, "we" ought to be more pro-active and work hard to fix the problems in this country, it's not perfect, yet it's a great country.

Best conspiracy claims I've heard against Bush?

There's actually a group that claims HE assassinated JFK. Not ordered him killed mind you, but actually took up a rifle and shot the man himself. And that they have pictures to prove it.

I'm halfway tempted to go ahead and buy the photos from them (they refuse to send you any copies unless you buy them), JUST to see it.

Oncewhite
Originally posted by Seth Wynd
Best conspiracy claims I've heard against Bush?

There's actually a group that claims HE assassinated JFK. Not ordered him killed mind you, but actually took up a rifle and shot the man himself. And that they have pictures to prove it.

I'm halfway tempted to go ahead and buy the photos from them (they refuse to send you any copies unless you buy them), JUST to see it.

Yeah, there was one about Bush having AIDS and an alein shape shifter, and that both Bush and Clinton fathered a love child by a black female, not the same one female though.

I read that Clinton was the anti-christ, but when I blogged back that the anti-christ hates women and would have no sexual desire for one, i seen less arguments about it, lol.

Seth Wynd
Think the best one against Clinton to date was the lawsuit filed (and promptly dismissed) by a "Teri Smith Tyler"

Or rather, the lawsuit against: James Carter, William Clinton, Ross Perot, American Cyanamid, Iron Mountain Security Corporation, Defense Intelligence Agency, IBM, David Rockefeller, Rockefeller Fund, BCCI, and NASA

It ah...it was bizarre. And involved her claiming Bill Clinton was Jimmy Carter's biological father, among other wierd things. I can PM it to you if you'd like.

Oncewhite
Originally posted by Seth Wynd
Think the best one against Clinton to date was the lawsuit filed (and promptly dismissed) by a "Teri Smith Tyler"

Or rather, the lawsuit against: James Carter, William Clinton, Ross Perot, American Cyanamid, Iron Mountain Security Corporation, Defense Intelligence Agency, IBM, David Rockefeller, Rockefeller Fund, BCCI, and NASA

It ah...it was bizarre. And involved her claiming Bill Clinton was Jimmy Carter's biological father, among other wierd things. I can PM it to you if you'd like.

yeah, PM me, I gotta hear about it.

§uffer§noopy
V for Vendetta was fantastic.

Oncewhite
i just looked it up, it's bazaar alright. i've heard some strange tales before...the only good thing i can get out of it is that i supose it's to get people interested in politics, otherwise, i feel that her family members should have stopped her or something

if she did want to better our society, it's too bad it was all about race...and not about americans in general.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Deano
An edit of the movie V For Vendetta to reflect events today

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article14615.htm

http://www.davidicke.com/images/stories/Jan%202006/blooddees.jpg Your inane drivel bores me

Rogue Jedi

Lord Urizen
V for Vendetta was a great fkn movie....Alliance you suck stick out tongue

Grimm22
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
V for Vendetta was a great fkn movie....Alliance you suck stick out tongue

Good movie, aside from the whole love relationship between Evey and V

In the novel, V was a father figure to her, in the movie they changed it to a love interest. Then again at the end of the novel, Evey takes over as V's mission after he dies where in the movie, the evil government is overthrown

Bardock42
Originally posted by Grimm22
Good movie, aside from the whole love relationship between Evey and V

In the novel, V was a father figure to her, in the movie they changed it to a love interest. Then again at the end of the novel, Evey takes over as V's mission after he dies where in the movie, the evil government is overthrown

Yes, I agree. But it wasn't a shit movie.

snowultra
sorry to say the goverment can take anything from you. without you even noticeing. the thought of anyone over throwing the goverment is a really sad joke. the age of freedom has long past those in the usa.

Ushgarak
Not that this is movie disucssion... and that that I have seen the movie yet... but even the graphic novel is somewhat whiny. It's a very well put across message, but the message itself is somewhat juvenile, and the things Moore based it on turned out to be rather untrue; you only have to read the hysterical tone of his comments about it at the time to see how out of whack from reality it was.

So I guess it suits Deano well.

Alpha Centauri
He wrote Watchmen, so it's fair that we completely ignore any out of whack things he says.

Deano didn't write Watchmen, he just likes to watch men. Hahaha.

Just joshing, Deano.

-AC

xmarksthespot
I liked V for Vendetta.

As for the rest of the thread firefirefireph will suffice.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Strangelove
Your inane drivel bores me

But look at the blood on their hands. THE BLOOD ON THEIR HANDS!!!

(Snort, snicker.)

I didn't think it was to bad (any thing with Stephan Fry has to be good), but I don't know if I'd go so far as to say "a great fkn movie" - personally I liked Children of Men far more (but then again they are two very different kinds of movies) as far as dystopian visions of near futures go.

You mean there was once a time when the people could overthrow the government but that time has passed? Well I never.

Ushgarak
Watchmen was much better, I thought...

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
(Snort, snicker.) You forgot to chortle and guffaw. I, for one, am appalled.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Watchmen was much better, I thought...

I concur.

Nah, guffaws for me are kind of minor belly laughs. Bright red photo shopped blood is funny, but not belly laugh funny. Maybe if they had it smeared all over their faces as the result of some sort of powerful orgasmic bloodletting, then I would guffaw.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Nah, guffaws for me are kind of minor belly laughs. Bright red photo shopped blood is funny, but not belly laugh funny. Maybe if they had it smeared all over their faces as the result of some sort of powerful orgasmic bloodletting, then I would guffaw. True, true. Though initially I thought the snort and snicker were pertaining to the inanity of the thread as a whole.

lil bitchiness
The conspiracy theory is not really convincing. To me at least.

Deano
wakey wakey time!

Alliance
Yes. Its time for you to wake up.

Deano
heheheehe

obama 08!

no chance. unless he has the reqiured bloodline

xmarksthespot
Lizard blood?

Deano
depends on who you talk tosmile

Alliance
Originally posted by Deano
heheheehe

obama 08!

no chance. unless he has the reqiured bloodline

Well, if he wins..he'll certianly prove your psychotic conjectures wrong.

I'm sure you'll come up with something.

Deano
he could win it. i dont know what they are plotting. but imo i dont think he will be chosen by the elite

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
The conspiracy theory is not really convincing. To me at least.

I'm pretty sure it is the same for everybody (change "not really" to "not at all"wink.

Why do the people with the required bloodline let those with your... knowledge go around unhindered?

So it doesn't matter if he wins or loses - one can still say "the secret world overlords work in mysterious ways."?

Robtard

You know, I didn't hate the movie but I also didn't like it, the thing though, I couldn't say exactly why I didn't like it. Reading what you wrote, I have to say you summed it up nicely. Hats off to you.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Lana
I'll co-sign this on both counts.
the colts WON. smile

KharmaDog
It looks like this thread got the respect it deserved.

Deano
doesnt matter if people dont like it does it? no

its there for people who might want to see it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.