Spiderman War (twist inside)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blair Wind
Ok so say that Bullseye, Taskmaster, and Midnighter all get bit by the same radioactive spider that gave Peter his powers (thus giving them all Spiderman's abilities).

They all get a month to get used to their new enhanced bodies separatly from each other then meet up an abandoned warehouse.

They get all their standard weapons and costumes.

Who wins?

Symmetric Chaos
Taskmaster watches the others while they're training and uses Midnighter's speed to take down Bullseye.

Then he takes on Midnighter and goes down 6/10.

Blair Wind
They do not get to see each other before the battle

SpunkySmurph
Midnighter.

One would think that, with his powers, his month of training would be MUCH more useful then for the others.

MN'er, after a month of prep every second working out a million possibilities, would be intamatley familiar with his own full capabilities, with manuevers and such. It would equate to having a lot more 'expierience' with his powers, as he would have run billions of fighting scenerios through his head, and would know exactly how to use his new powers in most any situation.

Blair Wind
I was thinking about it though, and this is what I thought.

Taskmaster already knows how to use spiderman's moves. Having a body just like his would just make him quicker, and more efficiently be able to use all his OTHER MA styles. He can also go into "double motion" where his whole body doubles in speed, and he can do it for a little bit. In terms of skill I gotta give it to him.

Midnighter as you said would make the most of his training. However, and this is something new that has been recently brought up and it made me think, would be able to run his million scenarios if the other person knew different styles of MA? He would be able to account the fact that the others might be fast and strong, but can he account for pure skill??

and Bullseye......well the damn man almost never misses. The spider sense the others have might be a hindrance, but now that he has one, it will be harder to knock him out while he is throwing things at you.

My opinion? Taskmaster takes it, but I wanted to know if I was wrong and if someone could convince me otherwise. smile

Soljer
I'd have to give it to midnighter. His quantum computer doesn't ONLY have to be combat scenarios against his specific enemies. The fact of the matter is, he could spend the entire month running scenario after scenario, learning EACH little nuance and extent of Spiderman's power.

After the month? He'd be far more experienced than Parker, even.

Hence, taskmaster, using Parker's experience and skill, would be outdone by Midnighter who would have greatly surpassed Parker's.

I'm just wondering if the Taskmaster would be able to jump onto midnighter's skill and experience just as easily.

I mean, if Taskmaster can make all those millions of scenarios worth of experience and training his own.....

Well then, obviously it'd go to Taskmaster.

A note, though; Taskmaster only emulated 'double speed' based off of HUMAN speed. Via watching films in fast forward.

I suppose in that month, Taskmaster could watch Spiderman in fast forward, but it isn't as if his 'double speed' is an innate power. erm.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Blair Wind
They do not get to see each other before the battle

Then midnighter beats both of them without too much trouble.

Blair Wind
Seems plausible Soljer, but what about the fact that Taskmaster also has all the other MA styles too choose from? Captain America, Daredevil, Silver Samurai to name a few? He learned a MA punching techqniue (that had all the force of your whole body in one center point or something like that) that took one man 10 years to learn in ten minutes.

eh I could see either taking it. I was thinking of just how these three would fight together, and wanting to bridge the physical difference gap gave them spidermans powers. erm

Soljer
Seems plausible Soljer, but what about the fact that Taskmaster also has all the other MA styles too choose from? Captain America, Daredevil, Silver Samurai to name a few? He learned a MA punching techqniue (that had all the force of your whole body in one center point or something like that) that took one man 10 years to learn in ten minutes.

eh I could see either taking it. I was thinking of just how these three would fight together, and wanting to bridge the physical difference gap gave them spidermans powers. erm

Meh, he learned Captain America's style, but guess what his record is against Captain America?

I'll give you a hint:

Not winning.

One part of the debate that must be brought up is: How does the spider bite function? Does it multiply your abilities, or raise them to a 'preset' level?

I mean, Midnighter OBVIOUSLY already has the strength/speed advantages. If the Spider bite is multiplicative, then that would make the gap that much larger. erm.

Blair Wind
disgust gotta get technical do we? Just put their brains in three different Peter Paker bodies. erm

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Soljer
Meh, he learned Captain America's style, but guess what his record is against Captain America?

I'll give you a hint:

Not winning.

One part of the debate that must be brought up is: How does the spider bite function? Does it multiply your abilities, or raise them to a 'preset' level?

I mean, Midnighter OBVIOUSLY already has the strength/speed advantages. If the Spider bite is multiplicative, then that would make the gap that much larger. erm.

I would think that the spider bite being multiplicative doesn't make sense. It simply gives you the proportionate abilities of a spider. It's not some miracle steroid that acts based on your physical condition.

Thus, these guys, all being the same level, would be enhanced by the same level.

If you relate it to numbers, it could be like adding +20 to each of them.

Midnighter would STILL have the strength advantage, however, seeing as he was stronger to begin with.

If the other two were at a 3, and then got +25, then Midnighter would be at a 5 or 6 and get +25.
(NOT x25)

It's like the Spiderman/Venom scenerio. The Venom symbiote, having already attached to Spiderman, gave Brock the same strength boost that Spiderman got. However, as Brock was ALREADY at olympic athlete-level strength, he was ultimatley stronger after the boost then Peter Parker.

Blair Wind
disgust gotta get technical do we? Just put their brains in three different Peter Paker bodies. erm

Soljer
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
I would think that the spider bite being multiplicative doesn't make sense. It simply gives you the proportionate abilities of a spider. It's not some miracle steroid that acts based on your physical condition.

Thus, these guys, all being the same level, would be enhanced by the same level.

If you relate it to numbers, it could be like adding +20 to each of them.

Midnighter would STILL have the strength advantage, however, seeing as he was stronger to begin with.

If the other two were at a 3, and then got +25, then Midnighter would be at a 5 or 6 and get +25.
(NOT x25)

It's like the Spiderman/Venom scenerio. The Venom symbiote, having already attached to Spiderman, gave Brock the same strength boost that Spiderman got. However, as Brock was ALREADY at olympic athlete-level strength, he was ultimatley stronger after the boost then Peter Parker.

Well, Blair wind has already clarified, but for the sake of reason:

The problem with your conclusion lies in the fact that the Midnighter would have his 'normal' human strength amplified by the spider bite to the proportional abilities of a spider.

But then, on top of that, he would also have muscular enhancements.

Instead of having spider-strength muscles, he would have micro-fibre-lined-spider-strength muscles.

Would this make enough of a difference to matter? Would it stack at all? Would it be multiplicative? Would it add?

Those are the questions I was getting at.

But, like I began this thread; Blair Wind has already clarified, so it matters little now....erm.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.