Storm vs Top Tier Characters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beta Ray Howard
Time for another gauntlet a la Beta Ray Howard. This one's inspired by Rutgog's claim of Storm being a top tier character. So, let's see how she does.

Captain Atom
Hyperion (exiles)
Namor
Beta Ray Bill
Silver Surfer

Symmetric Chaos
If we didn't have Rutog around this would be spite.

Stops at 0.

boriquaking55
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

Stops at 0.

why would Rutog make a difference confused

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by boriquaking55
why would Rutog make a difference confused

Becase having him means someone will argue vehemently for Storm and seem to make it even out.

Redatom65
Captain Atom annhilstes her.

bigbran

Stops at 0. It is still spite.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by bigbran
It is still spite.

But not at quite the same level. (this way it becomes funny)

bigbran
But not at quite the same level. (this way it becomes funny) Spite is spite. It doesn't have to be funny.

"Rutgog has no idea what he's talking about. 3 60.00% "

Anyway, since this is going to get closed, this Rutgog sounds like a douchebag.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
Time for another gauntlet a la Beta Ray Howard. This one's inspired by Rutgog's claim of Storm being a top tier character. So, let's see how she does.

Captain Atom
Hyperion (exiles)
Namor
Beta Ray Bill
Silver Surfer

Namor is by far the weakest on that list and even he would take her 8/10

Rutog98
Spite is spite. It doesn't have to be funny.

"Rutgog has no idea what he's talking about. 3 60.00% "

Anyway, since this is going to get closed, this Rutgog sounds like a douchebag.

And you can make a comment like this without knowing me how?

What I claim with Storm is in canon. What I post and what I state is within the forum rules. I can't help it if you guys are close-minded. The way I see it, when I post in threads where there are say...200 responses yet I see that it has been viewed many times that, it tells me that you have people who are not partaking in the discussion actively, but who are reading it and thinking for themselves. I think I have won some of them over and enlightened to things about the character that they were not aware of previously. If you have loud dissenters who want to be obnoxious, oh well. I will continue to beat people over the head with canon. wink

That said, I don't know any of those characters save Namor and Storm beats him badly.

bigbran
Originally posted by Rutog98
And you can make a comment like this without knowing me how? Because, I said you sounded like one? I really don't care if you know or not, I don't know you, and I'm making an observation.

What I claim with Storm is in canon. What I post and what I state is within the forum rules. I can't help it if you guys are close-minded. The way I see it, when I post in threads where there are say...200 responses yet I see that it has been viewed many times that, it tells me that you have people who are not partaking in the discussion actively, but who are reading it and thinking for themselves. I think I have won some of them over and enlightened to things about the character that they were not aware of previously. If you have loud dissenters who want to be obnoxious, oh well. I will continue to beat people over the head with canon. wink Ya... I don't go into Storm threads. All I know, is that she isn't anywhere near Superman, Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Frank Richards (omega), etc.

That said, I don't know any of those characters save Namor and Storm beats him badly. You do know that Namor calls on some form of lightning himself? That I'm almost certain has put down Thing. What has Storm done?
Pis out Surfer? Ya, don't use it, and if you do use it, it proves you know NOTHING of Surfer.
Oh, why doesn't she call on a rain storm?
Or put some wind in their?

Ya... she loses to Namor, and she loses bad.

When did Storm get so overated? Hudlin isn't an example either.
He completely ruined Black Panther, and you don't think he overpowered Storm (nipping it in the bud)?
Don't bring up, no possible Omega bullshit either (I remember that, from the last time I went in a Storm worship thread).
Iron Man... nuff said. Or, Iron Man knows nothing of mutants, so how can you take that seriously?

What If...
Storm is overated to just 1 guy on these forums who is obviously doing this to get attention threads just like this

Let it go kids, let it go.

TricksterPriest
This is a joke right? When did Storm even get considered as a high tier, let alone top? This is all Hudlin's fault. mad She gets spanked and runs crying back to Wakanda.

RisingStorm
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
This is a joke right? When did Storm even get considered as a high tier, let alone top? This is all Hudlin's fault. mad She gets spanked and runs crying back to Wakanda.

The thread maker is just an attention-getter.

By Crom!
Originally posted by RisingStorm

I agree, pointless thread!

Rutog98
Because, I said you sounded like one? I really don't care if you know or not, I don't know you, and I'm making an observation.

Ya... I don't go into Storm threads. All I know, is that she isn't anywhere near Superman, Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Frank Richards (omega), etc.

You do know that Namor calls on some form of lightning himself? That I'm almost certain has put down Thing. What has Storm done?
Pis out Surfer? Ya, don't use it, and if you do use it, it proves you know NOTHING of Surfer.
Oh, why doesn't she call on a rain storm?
Or put some wind in their?

Ya... she loses to Namor, and she loses bad.

When did Storm get so overated? Hudlin isn't an example either.
He completely ruined Black Panther, and you don't think he overpowered Storm (nipping it in the bud)?
Don't bring up, no possible Omega bullshit either (I remember that, from the last time I went in a Storm worship thread).
Iron Man... nuff said. Or, Iron Man knows nothing of mutants, so how can you take that seriously?

Namor's electrical abilities are nothing to Storm's and Ororo is would be immune to them. Her winds are the reason she beats Namor in a fight. She summoned winds strong enough to redirect Sienna Blazes full power. This is a lady who casually tosses a blast with enough power to sink half of Scottland Mainland, Muir Island and frying Nightcralwer to a crisp. She's can generate winds strong enough to level mountains and winds that can carry her from New Orleans to New York in a matter of minutes as well as from Austrailia to the Savage Land in Antarctica in no time flat. So she's generating winds thousands of miles per hour. Her winds are hundreds of times more forceful than real life hurricanes or tornadoes. These are all facts that cannot be refuted.

Now, if an extreme class 100 strength character were to punch Namor over and over, he will pass out eventually. Storm's winds hit harder than most of the extreme class 100 strength characters and they hit continually and they blanket the entire area which makes them unavoidable. Namor has no real way to block the winds. She can also use heat to weaken him and dry him out. I don't see what Namor can do against those winds of hers. He's defenseless.

As far as Storm being Omega, I've always felt that she was prior to Hudlin's comment. There are plenty of stories that substantiate this. She has summoned the full power of millions of stars. Claremont stated in an interview that Storm's powers were equal to that of the Phoenix of the 80s (so it would be the actual force since at that time, it was a possession when the interview was written). Her potnetial has been compared to that of Dark Phoenix. Storm has the potential to evolve and wield ultimate, infinitie power like Dark Phoenix. She is a mortal with the power of a goddess. This is stated in canon as well as by CC. There is no way Iceman can be considered omega and not Storm. To me its really silly how people can complain about Storm, but not Iceman being omega. Ororo has a unity with life itself. She's able to assimilate the life energies of stars and planets. She can perceive the entire universe as patters of energy and forces and bend them to her will. This includes stars, planets, empty space, matter, energy, etc. Uncanny 165-166 and 145-147 really gets into all of this. She can control every elemental force. I can remember a story arc even where she kidnapped to another dimension. There she faced 3 elemental god-beings called the Trion. These beings were the personification of the elemental forces that compsed the dimension. The Trion was the sum of everything the dimension had been in the past, was at the present and will be in the future. She single-handedly overpowered them in combat and effectively defeated them. Remember how Uncanny 166 said that she can bed empty space to her will? Guess what, in this Trion arc, there was a tear between two realities. They threatened to smash into each other to their mutual destruction. She single-handedly mended the tear.

Storm's powers is limited by the force of her will and the strength of her body. Canon. However, her body limits her only because she allows it to. She places mental blocks/limits/restraint on herself and forces herself to work within boundaries. This taxes her body. When she does not exercise restraint, she evolves as we saw in Uncanny 147.

Rutog98
What really throws off your list is Namor. If he is a top tier character, then so is Storm easily. She's vastly more powerful than he.

And by the way, when Hudlin explores Storm's omega potential, they are usable in this debate as it will be canon. I will keep you updated as the issues come out as you can bet your bottom dollar I will use every major stunt she pulls in these versus threads. It seems to me you people are just sour grapes because the character is an omega mutant and it takes her out of the box that you put her in. What you don't see is she's always been omega and she's always been out of that box/category you are trying to regulate her to. Anywhoo, I'm going to read about powerful Storm, Mistress of the Elements. big grin

Metalmanx
Namor's electrical abilities are nothing to Storm's and Ororo is would be immune to them.

Now, if an extreme class 100 strength character were to punch Namor over and over, he will pass out eventually. Storm's winds hit harder than most of the extreme class 100 strength characters and they hit continually and they blanket the entire area which makes them unavoidable.

I seem to recall a time when Magneto redirected Storm's OWN ligntning back at her and it hurt her considerably.

And Storm's winds punch harder than the Hulk? Than Classic Juggernaut? When did this ever happen? There's not a chance in hell that her winds could punch harder than ANY class 100 character. It's just pure bull unless you can back it up with comic evidence (and not a metaphor or exaggeration, but clear proof that her winds hit harder than a class 100).

Metalmanx
What really throws off your list is Namor. If he is a top tier character, then so is Storm easily. She's vastly more powerful than he.

Namor has done this consistenly more powerful than Storm ever could. If you haven't already checked out the Respect thread, I recommend you head back there again.

Storm is JUST below Top Tier. Namor IS Top Tier.

Quick note: Since Cyclops can take out Storm, does that make him Top Tier?

Blair Wind
There is no way Iceman can be considered omega and not Storm. To me its really silly how people can complain about Storm, but not Iceman being omega.

Do not go there. Just don't no expression

Unlike Storm, Iceman has been stated to have great potential since his birth as a character. He has been making advancements in power while Storm has basically been the same day in and day out. It is not about power level, but about power LIMITS. This is of course meaning nothing to you right? Iceman has no limit, so in time his power LEVEL will increase beyond anything even I can imagine. I mean he did beat Oblivion and the Stranger. He can connect to "everything" and be everywhere at once. Please do not breath Iceman's name in the same sentence as Storm to try and prove that Storm should be omega, when obviously the guys up in Marvel? They do not care enough for her to make her one.

Plus no one complains for one very simple reason. Iceman has been stated to be omega. Storm has not. Innocent till proven guilty. Or non omega till proven otherwise.

Also I would be one of those guys that "lurk" the storm threads because I find them interesting. Not in a good way though. More like a train wreck you cannot look away from. While some of the guys might be a little overboard with the comments, none of your comments have made any real sense, and you have not "enlightened" anyone with your repeated words based on a handfull of comics that you claim make her "dark pheonix level" Cosmic entity
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Mutant that controls weather. Wonder why she gets knocked out so many times erm

So please. Do me a favor. Until you find a panel that states in cannon that Storm is actually, officially, and confirmed an Omega level mutant do not bring it up again. And do not presume to have given anyone knowledge until you open your own myopic view of who and what Storm really is. A mutant. Yes. Powerful? Sure. Able to beat almost everyone you think she can? Hell no.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Blair Wind

Unlike Storm, Iceman has been stated to have great potential since his birth as a character. He has been making advancements in power while Storm has basically been the same day in and day out. It is not about power level, but about power LIMITS. This is of course meaning nothing to you right? Iceman has no limit, so in time his power LEVEL will increase beyond anything even I can imagine. I mean he did beat Oblivion and the Stranger. He can connect to "everything" and be everywhere at once. Please do not breath Iceman's name in the same sentence as Storm to try and prove that Storm should be omega, when obviously the guys up in Marvel? They do not care enough for her to make her one.

Plus no one complains for one very simple reason. Iceman has been stated to be omega. Storm has not. Innocent till proven guilty. Or non omega till proven otherwise.

Also I would be one of those guys that "lurk" the storm threads because I find them interesting. Not in a good way though. More like a train wreck you cannot look away from. While some of the guys might be a little overboard with the comments, none of your comments have made any real sense, and you have not "enlightened" anyone with your repeated words based on a handfull of comics that you claim make her "dark pheonix level" Cosmic entity

So please. Do me a favor. Until you find a panel that states in cannon that Storm is actually, officially, and confirmed an Omega level mutant do not bring it up again. And do not presume to have given anyone knowledge until you open your own myopic view of who and what Storm really is. A mutant. Yes. Powerful? Sure. Able to beat almost everyone you think she can? Hell no.

Preach it, brotha! clap

Rutog98
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I seem to recall a time when Magneto redirected Storm's OWN ligntning back at her and it hurt her considerably.

And Storm's winds punch harder than the Hulk? Than Classic Juggernaut? When did this ever happen? There's not a chance in hell that her winds could punch harder than ANY class 100 character. It's just pure bull unless you can back it up with comic evidence (and not a metaphor or exaggeration, but clear proof that her winds hit harder than a class 100).

True, it did hurt her when Magneto did that, but it was PIS. ITs stated in other issues that Storm cannot be directly harmed by any of the weather's manifestations. Further more, she has absorbed and channelled HUGE amounts of electricity through her body a number of times it had no affect on her. Magneto has never taken control of lightning from Storm either. As a matter of fact, even when severely weakened, she was able to challenge his control over electricity. Magneto is no Electro or Blitzkrieg with his control over electricity and Storm easily defeated Blitzkrieg.

As for Storm's winds hitting that hard, she's lifted a skyscraper with her winds. That's tens of thousands of tons if not hundreds of thousands of tons. In the same panel, it was stated that her winds can not only do this to buildings, but level mountains as well. She redirected Siena Blaze's full power with an electrically charged wind tunnel. That puts her winds FAR beyond Namro's strength and even levelling mountains would pale in comparison to this stunt. She's been able to smash through Magneto's force field with her winds and place a huge strain on his powers for him to anchor himself against her winds. She can generate winds that travel thousands of miles per hour. Just so you know how much strength that is, a 200 mph tornado or hurricane has 4 times the force of a 100 mph tornado or hurricane. A 300 mph tornado or hurricane has 9 times the force of a 100 mph tornado or hurricane. a 1000 mph tornado or hurricane has 100 times the force of a 100 mph hurricane or tornado. Storm would have to be able to do a couple of thousand mph to be able to fly those distances I mentioned in my earlier post in the time she flew there. So she's generating winds a couple of thousand miles per hour. She's been able to generate fields of pressure on Earth greater than the pressures found on the surface of Jupiter. She's summoned winds strong enough to punch her pressure dome through an iceberg, etc.

Rutog98
Namor has done this consistenly more powerful than Storm ever could. If you haven't already checked out the Respect thread, I recommend you head back there again.

Storm is JUST below Top Tier. Namor IS Top Tier.

Quick note: Since Cyclops can take out Storm, does that make him Top Tier?

This has nothing to do with who can beat whom. I thought top tier depended on power levels. As for your Scott/ Ororo thing, can he beat Storm? Yes. Can STorm beat him? Yes. Which is more likely? Storm beatins Scott. She's vastly more powerful and more maneuverable.

Going by your logic, Jubliee can beat Xavier with powers. Its true. Xavier an also beat her, but which is more likely? Xaver taking it is more likely.

Metalmanx
True, it did hurt her when Magneto did that, but it was PIS. ITs stated in other issues that Storm cannot be directly harmed by any of the weather's manifestations. Further more, she has absorbed and channelled HUGE amounts of electricity through her body a number of times it had no affect on her. Magneto has never taken control of lightning from Storm either. As a matter of fact, even when severely weakened, she was able to challenge his control over electricity. Magneto is no Electro or Blitzkrieg with his control over electricity and Storm easily defeated Blitzkrieg.

As for Storm's winds hitting that hard, she's lifted a skyscraper with her winds. That's tens of thousands of tons if not hundreds of thousands of tons. In the same panel, it was stated that her winds can not only do this to buildings, but level mountains as well. She redirected Siena Blaze's full power with an electrically charged wind tunnel. That puts her winds FAR beyond Namro's strength and even levelling mountains would pale in comparison to this stunt. She's been able to smash through Magneto's force field with her winds and place a huge strain on his powers for him to anchor himself against her winds. She can generate winds that travel thousands of miles per hour. Just so you know how much strength that is, a 200 mph tornado or hurricane has 4 times the force of a 100 mph tornado or hurricane. A 300 mph tornado or hurricane has 9 times the force of a 100 mph tornado or hurricane. a 1000 mph tornado or hurricane has 100 times the force of a 100 mph hurricane or tornado. Storm would have to be able to do a couple of thousand mph to be able to fly those distances I mentioned in my earlier post in the time she flew there. So she's generating winds a couple of thousand miles per hour. She's been able to generate fields of pressure on Earth greater than the pressures found on the surface of Jupiter. She's summoned winds strong enough to punch her pressure dome through an iceberg, etc.

doh

Perhaps it's when Storm doesn't have control over said lightning is when it hurts her. Because, well, Magneto did hurt her with redirected lightning. And yes, I know that she's channelled lightning through her a few other times as well. I also know that Magneto is no Electro, but he doesn't need to be. He controls the damn Magnetic Spectrum for God's sake.

Can you post a scan of Storm lifting up a skyscraper? Did she really LIFT it up off the ground or just support it? Because that would pretty much be impossible for her to do with her power-set. You see, lifting up a skyscraper with her powers, the building would crumble under its own weight.

In addition, being able to lift up a skyscraper and creating fast winds (thousands of mph, my ass) does NOT mean her winds hit harder than a class 100.

So. Proof please?

P.S.--God, why are we arguing this? Namor would destroy her before she could attack him. HE IS FASTER THAN HER. AND HAS FAAAAAAAAAAAR BETTER REACTION SPEED.

Beta Ray Howard
Top Tier is an averaging, not just power output.

You can't say someone with shit durability is top tier, thus Storm is not. Not just that, but her powers are weak compared to those of Top Tier characters.

She's not there. Upper mid tier at best.

Originally posted by RisingStorm

The Thread Maker would appreciate you not assuming his reasoning since you're not in my brain, kiddo.

There's reasoning for this thread, as stated. Here they are repeated:

1. Storm - Top Tier or No. Judging by the polls, no.
2. How would she fare against the top tier characters that I posted? Judging by response, she'd lose to all of them.

Another thing to consider is what Rutgog claimed, that Storm is upper top tier, which would put her in the league of Herald level beings. She's not even close to that either.

Metalmanx
This has nothing to do with who can beat whom. I thought top tier depended on power levels. As for your Scott/ Ororo thing, can he beat Storm? Yes. Can STorm beat him? Yes. Which is more likely? Storm beatins Scott. She's vastly more powerful and more maneuverable.

Going by your logic, Jubliee can beat Xavier with powers. Its true. Xavier an also beat her, but which is more likely? Xaver taking it is more likely.

That's some faulty logic.

Cyclops wins the majority due to the quick-draw. His attack is faster and more accurate than Storm's. And if you disagree, then you're just wrong, because it's obvious given their abilities. And more powerful as well. I don't recall Storm ever cracking Onslaught's armor with her lightning. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And that's a poor comparison. Anyone could defeat anyone if they were sleeping/not paying attention/powerless.

I could have Leech killing the Hulk if the Hulk was asleep/not paying attention.

Point is, that doesn't work.

Rutog98

I will go there, yes. This is why I don't give an inch here. On another thread (maybe this one), some guy posted that Hudlin is overpowering Storm and if he makes her omega, she's not or something to that affect. In other words, people are placing limits on the character despite what canon says. This tells me that no matter what is written in canon, people will never give her more than a certain amount of power on this board. You may play that game, I will not. You call yourself trying to say something profound here yet why don't you open your mouth when you see these instances? If you have been readint the threads, why have you never commented when other posters tried to state Storm's strongest winds being only at 300 mph despite the numerous instances where she has far exceeded that? Its stated in canon that Storm had near-infinite power with ultimate power (like Dark Phoenix) in her grasp. This is canon. Yet when people tried to deny it, where were you then? Where were you when posters tried to say that Ororo did not have the power of a goddess even after I posted the interview with Claremont that said she did have that kind of power and also when I posted in Life Death where she told Forge that she had the power of a goddess? When posters said that Storm did not summon the full power of the galactic core (millions of stars), where were you then when I posted what the issue said, "She summoned the full power of the core,"? The issue stated she did yet people wanted to take it away. Where were you when people were trying to state Magneto could use his power on a global scale unaided when he has always required a machine to do this or the EM fields being tampered with by a machine yet they tried to detract from the Storm character feats she's actually done? If you have been following these Storm threads, why didn't you ever say anything in these instances?

Hudlin wrote in an issue that Storm is a possible Omega Mutant and posters get upset about it and already have set in their mind that she will never be omega no matter what is printed. You are no better than a hypocrite. You have not put anyone in their place with this post but just made a fool out of yourself though since many will go along with your POV because its against Storm, many won't admit it.

Beta Ray Howard
I will go there, yes. This is why I don't give an inch here. On another thread (maybe this one), some guy posted that Hudlin is overpowering Storm and if he makes her omega, she's not or something to that affect.

Stop right there kiddo. I posted that because Hudlin decided not to research the character, and it's obvious. His comics are racially charged, so don't get me started on his butchering. I may even request that Darkcrawler bring over his "Why Hudlin's Black Panther is the epitome of bad writing" thread, because he lifts the blinders quite well.

Storm is getting a predicted powerup because she's a black female that's married to a powerful black man. I don't know if he'll do it, but if he does it's not valid because of two things:

1. Lack of research
2. Continuity contradictions

Not a year prior Storm was stated to be an Alpha Level mutant.

Rutog98
That's some faulty logic.

Cyclops wins the majority due to the quick-draw. His attack is faster and more accurate than Storm's. And if you disagree, then you're just wrong, because it's obvious given their abilities. And more powerful as well. I don't recall Storm ever cracking Onslaught's armor with her lightning. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And that's a poor comparison. Anyone could defeat anyone if they were sleeping/not paying attention/powerless.

I could have Leech killing the Hulk if the Hulk was asleep/not paying attention.

Point is, that doesn't work.

And I don't recall Cyclops ever having the power to devistate a planet. Storm does. Scott cracked Onslaughts armor. Means to me Storm can do it to. She has much more powerful power showings than Scott does. In this instance, they just chose to give it to Cyclops. I can remember in Uncanny 150 where Storm taxed Magneto's powers with her winds while Magneto effortlessly withstood the combined powers of Scott, Colossus and Logan. This difinitively puts her above Scott. Your instance does not.

BTW, Storm dodges Scott's blast while instantly freezing him, or striking him with lightning or smashing him against a wall with her winds or any number of things.

My comparison is a good one as the only way Scott can beat Ororo is by catching her by surprise unless she's injured or there are extenuating circumstances that work against her while not affecting him that have nothing at all to do with his abilities.

Metalmanx
BTW, Storm dodges Scott's blast while instantly freezing him, or striking him with lightning or smashing him against a wall with her winds or any number of things.

My comparison is a good one as the only way Scott can beat Ororo is by catching her by surprise unless she's injured or there are extenuating circumstances that work against her while not affecting him that have nothing at all to do with his abilities.

When did Storm gain a spider-sense, superhuman reaction times, and Flash-like speed? confused

I wasn't aware Storm could dodge a light-speed projectile from a near-perfect-accuracy wielder.

Rutog98
doh

Perhaps it's when Storm doesn't have control over said lightning is when it hurts her. Because, well, Magneto did hurt her with redirected lightning. And yes, I know that she's channelled lightning through her a few other times as well. I also know that Magneto is no Electro, but he doesn't need to be. He controls the damn Magnetic Spectrum for God's sake.

Can you post a scan of Storm lifting up a skyscraper? Did she really LIFT it up off the ground or just support it? Because that would pretty much be impossible for her to do with her power-set. You see, lifting up a skyscraper with her powers, the building would crumble under its own weight.

In addition, being able to lift up a skyscraper and creating fast winds (thousands of mph, my ass) does NOT mean her winds hit harder than a class 100.

So. Proof please?

P.S.--God, why are we arguing this? Namor would destroy her before she could attack him. HE IS FASTER THAN HER. AND HAS FAAAAAAAAAAAR BETTER REACTION SPEED.

Blitzkrieg hit Storm with lightning and it did not hurt her at all. That instance with Magneto is PIS, plain and simple. I really wish people would stop talking about Magneto and the EM spectrum like its really something. His primary power is magnetism. He has very limited power over related forces. What has he done with gamma rays? What has he done that's impressive with electricity? Light? Infared? He's a joke in these other areas. In Uncanny 150, MAgneto was only able to hurt Storm with the lightning because he caught her off guard so her body did not compensate. She was trying to talk to him to get him to surrender since she had him on the ground and was using her control over pressure to suffocate the life out of him. Even still, this does not work. The lady is immune to electrcity. She has to be in order to do what she does. None of the weather's manifestations can directly harm her. That's what canon says. You cannot put stipulations on it (that have been contradicted) just because it makes the character more powerful than you like.

You're going to have to prove that Namor is faster than Ororo. As far as reaction speed, what has Namor done that is so outstanding here?

Blair Wind
Snipped because stupidity hurts my eyes.

Hold your horses bucko. Where the hell was I? I was reading and laughing my ass off at the shit you call a post. Like this one. You post interviews as source material? I do not need to even get into the stupidity of that. OOOOhhhh WOOOOOW Storm said she had the power of a Godess. I say I have the power of a million suns. Who cares what people say? It is all about actions.

DO NOT try and say because I did not comment in your stupidity or try and defend you that I am a hypocrite. Hell can you even define the word? Nothing in your post made it seem like I was one. I did nothing that betrayed what I said. Go read a dictionary and come back to me.

To make my post crystal clear, Storm IS NOT an Omega mutant. Possible in front of the damn word should tell you that. Again give me one scan that says she is officially an omega level mutant. Please. I dare you. Cannot do it? Did not think so.

Power levels and Power limits are two different things. Iceman has no limit therefore his power level will continue to increase. Storm has a limit, and therefore her power level has already been determined.

I would also like to point out, why is it that you consider anything done to her PIS? Yet when she shows random powers it is perfectly acceptable?

As howard loves to say: You failed. Here's quarter, try again.

Beta Ray Howard
When did Storm gain a spider-sense, superhuman reaction times, and Flash-like speed? confused

Rutgog is a writer for Mider's napkin drawn adventures. Storm is a new character in those series. Next month she takes out Thor and Beta Ray Bill at the same time.

Beta Ray Howard

Thanks for the nod. big grin

Rutog98

I wasn't aware Storm could dodge a light-speed projectile from a near-perfect-accuracy wielder.

Actually it was explained in X-Treme. Storm's ability to perceive the universe as patterns of energy and forces includes people. She can perceive the electron impulses that run through their nervous system which gives her an advantage in any fight, as the issue said. Scott has think and his brain has to send the command for his visor to open. Obviously, Storm sense this and react accordingly. In X-Men issue 60, Scott, under Candra's mind control, assaulted Storm in machine gun fashion at very close range and Storm dodged every blast and beat him.

Beta Ray Howard
Scott, under Candra's mind control, assaulted Storm in machine gun fashion at very close range and Storm dodged every blast and beat him.

Sometimes I wonder if you know what you're typing half the time. Under mind control = not to the best of one's ability. That's like saying Deadpool rochameuing Captain America while mind controlled means Deadpool would beat Captain America in a dojo fight.

ExtraMision5555

Just so you know how much strength that is, a 200 mph tornado or hurricane has 4 times the force of a 100 mph tornado or hurricane. A 300 mph tornado or hurricane has 9 times the force of a 100 mph tornado or hurricane. a 1000 mph tornado or hurricane has 100 times the force of a 100 mph hurricane or tornado. Storm would have to be able to do a couple of thousand mph to be able to fly those distances I mentioned in my earlier post in the time she flew there. So she's generating winds a couple of thousand miles per hour. She's been able to generate fields of pressure on Earth greater than the pressures found on the surface of Jupiter. She's summoned winds strong enough to punch her pressure dome through an iceberg, etc.

Ok, i have a question. Now either thiers a hidden variable when regarding force that i am not aware of (which may be the case, so anyone feel free to enlighten me if i am wrong), or this is blatantly incorrect math.

Speciffically when you said, a 1,000 MPH tornado or hurricane has 100 times the force of a 100 mph hurricane or tornado

Logically, and perhaps in my mathmatically "normal" mind, Thiers 100x10=1,000
leading me to believe that it would only multiply the force tenfold.

Earlier you stated she can literally generate winds hundred(s) of times more forceful than that of real life hurricanes/tornados

So, to be generous, lets take the bare minimum Multiplicity of force (200)

The strongest hurricanes travel at about 170 Miles per hour

So, with that in mind

Storm can generate winds of up to 34,000 Miles per hour

??????

Now, im going to have to see some on panel showings (not allegations, which often is merely hyperbole)

Of buildings literally being atomized by storms winds, mass destruction and cosmic beings being awoken by storms winds

Obviously theirs no speed checker in comics, but i think we can all grasp if storms winds are traveling tremendoulsly and rediculously fast

Im not coming at you with aggression or anything, but from reading this thread (and other storm threads in the past) It seems like storms abilities are being stretched and warped simply becuase of allegations on panel, without actual showings to back them up.

Metalmanx
Rutgog is a writer for Mider's napkin drawn adventures. Storm is a new character in those series. Next month she takes out Thor and Beta Ray Bill at the same time.

Damn! I gotta pick up that issue! I hear in the summer she actually pimp-slaps Thanos and knocks him across the galaxy. For real, no fooling. Pimp-slaps him.

Beta Ray Howard
Damn! I gotta pick up that issue! I hear in the summer she actually pimp-slaps Thanos and knocks him across the galaxy. For real, no fooling. Pimp-slaps him.

Oh damn! Bet that BET is doing the broadcast, like they did for Panther's wedding.

Which is possibly the most shameful plug and most stereotypical thing I've seen in my entire lifetime.

Metalmanx
Actually it was explained in X-Treme. Storm's ability to perceive the universe as patterns of energy and forces includes people. She can perceive the electron impulses that run through their nervous system which gives her an advantage in any fight, as the issue said. Scott has think and his brain has to send the command for his visor to open. Obviously, Storm sense this and react accordingly. In X-Men issue 60, Scott, under Candra's mind control, assaulted Storm in machine gun fashion at very close range and Storm dodged every blast and beat him.

I think you just proved my point for me.

"In X-Men issue 60, Scott, under Candra's mind control".

Scott's visor moves at the speed of thought. He's trained himself so it reacts psionically. One (incredibly fast) motion = Storm's death.

Rutog98
Hold your horses bucko. Where the hell was I? I was reading and laughing my ass off at the shit you call a post. Like this one. You post interviews as source material? I do not need to even get into the stupidity of that. OOOOhhhh WOOOOOW Storm said she had the power of a Godess. I say I have the power of a million suns. Who cares what people say? It is all about actions.

DO NOT try and say because I did not comment in your stupidity or try and defend you that I am a hypocrite. Hell can you even define the word? Nothing in your post made it seem like I was one. I did nothing that betrayed what I said. Go read a dictionary and come back to me.

To make my post crystal clear, Storm IS NOT an Omega mutant. Possible in front of the damn word should tell you that. Again give me one scan that says she is officially an omega level mutant. Please. I dare you. Cannot do it? Did not think so.

Power levels and Power limits are two different things. Iceman has no limit therefore his power level will continue to increase. Storm has a limit, and therefore her power level has already been determined.

I would also like to point out, why is it that you consider anything done to her PIS? Yet when she shows random powers it is perfectly acceptable?

Are you trying to misunderstand what I am saying? I never brought up the omega thing until some other poster brought it up recently. Do I think she is omega? Yes. I definately think she is. However, since it has not been stated in canon definately, I have found other avenues to prove her power levels without using that word.

And for your information, Storm summoned the power of millions of stars in Uncanny 165. This is now in the official handbook for Storm as well. You don't like it, deal with it.

I don't need you to defend me. I can do that very well myself and doing a very good job of it regardless of whether or not posters want to accept the facts.

Storm's limits have already been defined as her body and will. Guess what? She has the potential to evolve and has even evolved before. Therefore, she can very well be an omega mutant as this nullifies your comment. Since we know specifically what limits her, all I have to prove is that she can transcend those limitations. She's done so in canon and its been stated she can as well. Iceman has ran out of power and collapsed doing things far less impressive than Storm. Your argument does not hold water. The only thing you can claim is Storm has never been officially called omega. However, I can claim that she can poteltially wield unlimited power and canon backs me.

ExtraMision5555
Oh damn! Bet that BET is doing the broadcast, like they did for Panther's wedding.

Which is possibly the most shameful plug and most stereotypical thing I've seen in my entire lifetime.

HAHAHAHAH
ARE YOU SEIROUS???

that really happend???

rofl

as of right now i vow to replace hudlin on the marvel staff to right the wrongs done to our dear african american characters

thats just fuggin goofy

Beta Ray Howard
I really hope he doesn't get a hold of Rhodey again. I was gonna kill him for making Rhodes look like Iron Man's whipping boy.

Blair Wind
Are you trying to misunderstand what I am saying? I never brought up the omega thing until some other poster brought it up recently. Do I think she is omega? Yes. I definately think she is. However, since it has not been stated in canon definately, I have found other avenues to prove her power levels without using that word.

You do not honestly understand do you? Some people are really powerful. I give storm that, however that does not make them Omega level. AT ALL.

I was quoting sentry. Still sounds like PIS to me when she can control EARTHS WEATHER. no expression

And if you cry no its not pis, then its not pis when magneto electrified her. Its either or man.

or maybe they see the facts and are not biased about it. Something to ponder?

So wait, anyone that can turn into energy is now omega? Man that must be ALOT of omegas running around. Pish Posh. Show me one time Storm has been blown up in human form, turned into nothing, and then came back? Iceman ran out of power because he was still in human form with an ice coating. He did not understand his powers. Nowadays? If he does that someone did not research his character. Simple enough.

Storm's power is nothing more than an amplified rain dance. Get over it.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
Ok, i have a question. Now either thiers a hidden variable when regarding force that i am not aware of (which may be the case, so anyone feel free to enlighten me if i am wrong), or this is blatantly incorrect math.

Speciffically when you said, a 1,000 MPH tornado or hurricane has 100 times the force of a 100 mph hurricane or tornado

Earlier you stated she can literally generate winds hundred(s) of times more forceful than that of real life hurricanes/tornados

So, with that in mind

??????

Now, im going to have to see some on panel showings (not allegations, which often is merely hyperbole)

Of buildings literally being atomized by storms winds, mass destruction and cosmic beings being awoken by storms winds

Obviously theirs no speed checker in comics, but i think we can all grasp if storms winds are traveling tremendoulsly and rediculously fast

Im not coming at you with aggression or anything, but from reading this thread (and other storm threads in the past) It seems like storms abilities are being stretched and warped simply becuase of allegations on panel, without actual showings to back them up.

as my post sits unattended

batdude123

Captain Atom
Hyperion (exiles)
Namor
Beta Ray Bill
Silver Surfer

Why the hell is Captain Atom first? miffed

Anyway, she'd die at anyone of these characters. She simply can't compete.

/thread

Beta Ray Howard
Originally posted by batdude123

Because you're from Indiana.

IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT, BATDUDE!

stick out tongue

Go Bears.

batdude123
Because you're from Indiana.

IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT, BATDUDE!

stick out tongue

Go Bears.

GROSSman sucks!!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance

Badabing
Originally posted by batdude123

Because he's overrated and under powered. no expression

stick out tongue laughing

batdude123
Originally posted by Badabing
Because he's overrated and under powered. no expression

stick out tongue laughing

Quite the opposite you bastich. stick out tongue

Rutog98
You do not honestly understand do you? Some people are really powerful. I give storm that, however that does not make them Omega level. AT ALL.

I was quoting sentry. Still sounds like PIS to me when she can control EARTHS WEATHER. no expression

And if you cry no its not pis, then its not pis when magneto electrified her. Its either or man.

or maybe they see the facts and are not biased about it. Something to ponder?

So wait, anyone that can turn into energy is now omega? Man that must be ALOT of omegas running around. Pish Posh. Show me one time Storm has been blown up in human form, turned into nothing, and then came back? Iceman ran out of power because he was still in human form with an ice coating. He did not understand his powers. Nowadays? If he does that someone did not research his character. Simple enough.

Storm's power is nothing more than an amplified rain dance. Get over it.

Here is what you don't see: Storm's powers are limited by the force of her will and strength of her body. This is canon as its in the Official Handbook as well. Storm has the potential to transcend humanity and evolve. This means that the body limitation is temporary and then her power will be limited by imagination only. What you are saying about Iceman passing out because he was in human form and no ice form is something to be said for Storm as well.

In regards to Storm controlling weather, stars, etc, I think you are missing the boat about her powers. She has a unity with life itself. She's able to sense the life force within plants, living beings, stars, planets, etc. She can then draw on this lifeforce and use it to control the elements. Stars are huge concentrations of these life energies that she can draw upon and command. Read Uncanny 165. She can also control more than weather as Uncanny 147 stated she can control every elemental force on the planet. She's been able to control earthquakes, ocean currents, EM fields and even manifest clothing out of thin air.

She can control stars and she is immune to electricity. Both are in canon so she has both. It is not an either or thing with Magneto since it has NOTHING at all to do with his limited power to harness electricity. All he can do is project it at Storm. The question is is Ororo immune to electricity or not. The answer is yes. She is immune to it as it has been stated in canon and shown numerous times not only when she calls down lightning upon herself or channels lightning, but even against other electricity manipulators like Blitzkrieg who is MUCH stronger with electricity than Magneto. According to forum rules, she has both.

Rutog98

So, with that in mind

??????

The force of tornadoes and hurricanes increase in force geometrically to their wind velocities. That's why it works out the way I said.

That said, what you said about the fact checker thing does not work. Wind speeds are dependant on heat and pressure differences primarily. The greater the pressure differences between to fronts, the greater the wind. When you have a character like Storm who can generate pressure fields greater than the surface of Jupiter and pressure fields low enough to suffocate people, you are really getting some bad stuff. The fact is given the way Ororo's powers work and the range she has, she can take the planet's resources and proportion them in ways to get the worst case scenerio. Thus, she can very logically generate storms much stronger than any real life hurricane or tornado and she has done this in the comics. Now, I am just offering an explanation for how she is doing these things. Even if you disagree, it does not take away from the fact that she does indeed have these feats.

Rutog98

So, with that in mind

??????

Symmetric Chaos
In regards to Storm controlling weather, stars, etc, I think you are missing the boat about her powers. She has a unity with life itself. She's able to sense the life force within plants, living beings, stars, planets, etc. She can then draw on this lifeforce and use it to control the elements. Stars are huge concentrations of these life energies that she can draw upon and command. Read Uncanny 165. She can also control more than weather as Uncanny 147 stated she can control every elemental force on the planet. She's been able to control earthquakes, ocean currents, EM fields and even manifest clothing out of thin air.

You really are off your rocker.

Rutog98
You really are off your rocker.

Everything there was taken right out of canon. What do you think I am inaccurate about? Can you back this claim?

Symmetric Chaos
Everything there was taken right out of canon. What do you think I am inaccurate about? Can you back this claim?

Mostly the fact that you talk about things that she does very infrequently like overpowering Magneto in terms of EM control, generating eathquakes, lifting buildings and creating matter out of nothing.

Rutog98
Mostly the fact that you talk about things that she does very infrequently like overpowering Magneto in terms of EM control, generating eathquakes, lifting buildings and creating matter out of nothing.

She's done impressive wind stunts many times.

Look, Storm was in a title where she was more powerful than the villains. She's not going to be written this powerful all the time as she could beat just about any of the x-villains by her lonesome save for the occassional Dark Phoenix or something like that where she would have to evolve in order to fight.

Bentley
Storm bites it against every guy in this thread.

That said... I think that Magneto could've hurt her by changing the electricity into something else Ororo is not protected against. Unlikely but posible, that would pit two conflicted definitions in one same universe. There is a lot of bad writting involved, but I dont think anyone argues that.

Symmetric Chaos
She's done impressive wind stunts many times.

Look, Storm was in a title where she was more powerful than the villains. She's not going to be written this powerful all the time as she could beat just about any of the x-villains by her lonesome save for the occassional Dark Phoenix or something like that where she would have to evolve in order to fight.

Who is she Darwin?

You keep pointing out how she has all this limitless power that is only restrained by her body. What you seem to be ignoring is that SHE STILL HAS HER BODY.

Rutog98
Who is she Darwin?

You keep pointing out how she has all this limitless power that is only restrained by her body. What you seem to be ignoring is that SHE STILL HAS HER BODY.

True. Very true and she allows this to limit her. Its her morality that holds her power in check. In Uncanny 147, she evolved because she was in circumstances that motivated her to lose all restraint and throw caution and consequences to the wind.

That said, eventhough she still has a flesh and blood body, she has still done things like redirect Siena Blaze, over power Magneto, create winds strong enough to smash his force-field and tax his powers to great extremes, fly thousands of miles in a matter of minutes, lift tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of tons, redirect Siena Blaze's full power (which is actually the most impressive thing on the list), etc.

ExtraMision5555
The force of tornadoes and hurricanes increase in force geometrically to their wind velocities. That's why it works out the way I said.

That said, what you said about the fact checker thing does not work. Wind speeds are dependant on heat and pressure differences primarily. The greater the pressure differences between to fronts, the greater the wind. When you have a character like Storm who can generate pressure fields greater than the surface of Jupiter and pressure fields low enough to suffocate people, you are really getting some bad stuff. The fact is given the way Ororo's powers work and the range she has, she can take the planet's resources and proportion them in ways to get the worst case scenerio. Thus, she can very logically generate storms much stronger than any real life hurricane or tornado and she has done this in the comics. Now, I am just offering an explanation for how she is doing these things. Even if you disagree, it does not take away from the fact that she does indeed have these feats.

thankyou for responding, essentialy that was a math quesiton adn i soemwhat understanda litt le better right now
sorry for thet ypos
im really cold righ now

Rutog98
thankyou for responding, essentialy that was a math quesiton adn i soemwhat understanda litt le better right now
sorry for thet ypos
im really cold righ now

Ah, don't worry about the typos. wink I have my share of them too especially when I am in a rush before class. lol What you said was perfectly readable.

Rutog98
Guys, in regards to Hudlin writing Storm, there is more than enough to back Storm being considered an omega mutant. In fact, given all she has done, any writer could very easily take the character and do something massive with her on a cosmic scale.

However, in Hudlin's defense, even if these issues did not exist, he would still has the right as a writer to make Storm an omega mutant if he chose. This is no different from what was done with somebody like Iceman. A writer decided to make him an omega mutant though there really wasn't anything in his past to put him there. The writer just did it on a whim.

I brought this up in Hudlin's and Storm's defense since there are a body of posters here who try to detract from Storm and hit at Hudlin despite the foundation for Storm having such power was written by previous writers of the character. This is an aspect of the character that is not touched up on often enough and I am hoping that we can see more of it.

pr1983

Captain Atom
Hyperion (exiles)
Namor
Beta Ray Bill
Silver Surfer

She isn't a top tier character... everyone of those guys would stomp her, even namor (arguably the weakest of the group)

if only claremont wasn't ******* all over the page... sad

Metalmanx
She can control stars and she is immune to electricity.

What the f**k?

...She can...control...stars...?

What the f**k?

Symmetric Chaos
What the f**k?

What the f**k?

She's also a God . . . . . . . .

Badabing
Storm has been shown to have the power and ability to collapse the Universe into a singularity.

Symmetric Chaos
Storm has been shown to have the power and ability to collapse the Universe into a singularity.

The LT cowers before her might

Rutog98
What the f**k?

What the f**k?

From the very beginning, Storm was able to control cosmic forces. Her first Uncanny issue was 94. In 99, we see her out in space and she's controlling the cosmic winds. Fast forward to the Brood Saga (Uncanny 162-167) and we see her in space again. In Uncanny 165, she summons the full power of millions of stars. These feats are also in the current Official Handbook that came out this past Wednesday in Storm's entry.

Scott Lobdell even wrote that Storm was Mistress of the Storm be it tropical, cosmic or arctic.

Metalmanx
I again ask the same question:

She can control stars? I've never once seen her move/create/destroy/manipulate a star, let alone many stars.

Proof of such a feat please?

Brian Oswald
oh he's got the scan and is not scared to use it eek!

TricksterPriest
Ah, the sweet, sweet, smell of fanboys being owned. hystericalhystericalhysterical God bless this forum.

Badabing

She can control stars? I've never once seen her move/create/destroy/manipulate a star, let alone many stars.

It's really an easy conclusion to reach. Lightning is energy. Stars emit energy. Since she can manipulate energy and matter is interchangeable with energy then she can control matter. Thoughts, in essence, are biochemical energy. Since she can control energy, she can control minds. Since energy and matter effect gravity and gravity warps space and space and time are interrelated then Storm has control over gravity, space and time. Get it now!

King_Mungi
It's really an easy conclusion to reach. Lightning is energy. Stars emit energy. Since she can manipulate energy and matter is interchangeable with energy then she can control matter. Thoughts, in essence, are biochemical energy. Since she can control energy, she can control minds. Since energy and matter effect gravity and gravity warps space and space and time are interrelated then Storm has control over gravity, space and time. Get it now!

My tummy is sore now sad

Metalmanx

...Oooooooooooooooooooooooh!

Why didn't anyone just say it like this before?! I get it now! It's so damn simple!

laughing

Badabing
...Oooooooooooooooooooooooh!

Why didn't anyone just say it like this before?! I get it now! It's so damn simple!

laughing
I'm here to help. angel

laughing

inamilist
Rutog:

lol, aside from all the baiting and what have you, I propose a challenge.

You know what people don't agree with you about with regards to storm, so, in one or two posts, why not outline the best argument you have for why she is really as powerful as you say. Post feats, as many as you can, raid a respect thread somewhere. A lot of what you say is kind of all over the place, it would be way more sense if you put it into something coherent and linear, with as much on panel support as you can provide.

Also: Do you think Storm could put down Man-Thing shifty

RisingStorm
Yeeeaaaaaaaahhhhh riiiiiiiiiight. roll eyes (sarcastic) I'd say your brain's had a day off since you actually need responses for this stupid question.roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hey, there's a search function. Each of those matches have been said and done already.

And all this time you people say Rutog is crap and an idiot BUT you actually need approval of what he's saying? I thought he's an idiot. And you don't believe idiots. Someone has to be either brain dead or don't know how to use the search function when starting a thread like this. And besides, you already contradicted yourself in your last statement.

Oh, and before I forget.

Attention-getter.

P.S. Search Function
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5886/searcrh4.jpg

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by inamilist

Aren't you the one who says ManThing is at a cosmic level? To answer your question see Badabing's post on how Storm's powers work.

Rutog98

Galactic Core
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/6445/stormandthegalaticcore15zq.th.jpg

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/9628/stormandthegalaticcore29bc.th.jpg

Hope this helps...

For clarification purposes, Storm can only survive in space for 2 minutes unaided before she expires. This was established earlier in this arc. My interpretation of this has been that the process nearly killed her since it left her out in deep space unaided. She ends up surviving because an Acanti finds her before she actually dies and heals her body. The Official Handbook agrees with me.

Rutog98
And just because... wink

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3334/uxm99pg105cc.th.jpg

Rutog98
Originally posted by inamilist
Rutog:

lol, aside from all the baiting and what have you, I propose a challenge.

You know what people don't agree with you about with regards to storm, so, in one or two posts, why not outline the best argument you have for why she is really as powerful as you say. Post feats, as many as you can, raid a respect thread somewhere. A lot of what you say is kind of all over the place, it would be way more sense if you put it into something coherent and linear, with as much on panel support as you can provide.

lol! I know an awful lot about Storm. I usually cleain to know about every inch of her history. What you propose will actually take some time as I have a lot of information and I am a student. I'll try to do this this week or by this weekend if possible.

As for Storm vs. Man-Thing, I don't know didly squat about him and would not feel comfortable at all debating this one.

DarkCrawler
Hey Rutog? You know you said that Storm redirected Siena Blaze's power?

You ARE aware that she could not have done it without Cyclops, RIGHT?

Oh, and if you want to go that way...

Namor has taken full punch from Hulk.

Hulk has destroyed asteroid twice the size of Earth among other things.

Twice the size of Earth >>>>> Blast that can destroy half of mainland Scotland

Hulk >>>>> Siena Blaze

Siena Blaze's power >>>>>>>> Storm's power (as she could not contain the power herself)

Namor's durability >>>>> Storm's winds.

Namor wins. I am just using your logic.

Anyway, Namor will just fly at her before she can react and tear her head off. He has reflexes that are hundreds of times faster then hers and faster flight speed. There.

Rutog98
Dark Crawler, you need to reread the Siena Blaze issue. Storm did indeed redirect Sienna's full power. Scott merely shot his blast as a precaution to protect himself, Ororo and Xavier in case any energy escaped Storm's winds.

Hulk's power is not one that is set. Its a moveable power level since it rises and falls based on rage. Namor taking a full punch from Hulk does not mean he can take Storm's winds as you will have to prove that Hulk had that kind of strength to destroy an astroid twice the size of Earth in that fight with Namor.

I say that Storm's winds will beat out Namor as they will be continually smashing up against him and dashing him against mountain sides and the ground. Plus, at the same time, she can make projectiles hurling them with extreme force out of everything from sand to boulders with those winds and continually batter him till he's unconscious. If a hurricane can send straw through trees, imagine what Storm's winds can do!

Also, I don't believe Namor flies faster than Ororo and he certainly does not fly faster than she can will something to happen. Namor has to physically get to Ororo to punch her. Storm can hit him from a distance and keep him at bay.

Metalmanx
Galactic Core
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/6445/stormandthegalaticcore15zq.th.jpg

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/9628/stormandthegalaticcore29bc.th.jpg

Hope this helps...

For clarification purposes, Storm can only survive in space for 2 minutes unaided before she expires. This was established earlier in this arc. My interpretation of this has been that the process nearly killed her since it left her out in deep space unaided. She ends up surviving because an Acanti finds her before she actually dies and heals her body. The Official Handbook agrees with me.

Hm. I don't see a manipulation of the stars.

Thanks though.

Badabing
Is Storm top tier?

Yes 23.33%
No 16.67%
Very No 13.33%
Rutgog has no idea what he's talking about. 46.67%

I guess numbers don't lie.

ExtraMision5555
Thier are alot of categories i feel (and i think alot of you agree) a character needs to be top tier (and in this case, i am talking about beyond alpha mutant top tier)

A few basics would be:
Very high energy output (be it physical or otherwise)
A very high level of speed or reaction time
Very good durability or resistance to physical damage

IMO, storm is severely lacking in the last department, and has questionable reaction time, when stacked up against true top tier characters

and in my very humble opinion, i believe that alone is enough to DQ storm from ever achieveing anything beyond high level mutant. Certianly not omega. The way i see it, put her against some of the top tier mutants (Vulcan, Cable W/out TO, to name a few) and you can see why she is lacking in key areas. While she may have the potential upwards of VERY high energy output, not only does this take a bit more time than "top tier" characters, her durability is extremely low when stacked up to almost everyone top tier, and she is extremely vulnerable to most of the types of things high level characters bring to the table.

Storm is POTENTIALLY high level mutant, but her shortcomings imo can be ovecome by "regular" mutants with the right powerset

Ouallada
This thread makes me stupider. Storm takes 0/10 against all except Namor, who she takes 1/10 against.

SpunkySmurph
Is Storm top tier?

Yes 23.33%
No 16.67%
Very No 13.33%
Rutgog has no idea what he's talking about. 46.67%

I guess numbers don't lie.

Those numbers depressed me. sad

I had to bump it up to over 50% for "Rutgog's a douche" wink

RisingStorm
Thier are alot of categories i feel (and i think alot of you agree) a character needs to be top tier (and in this case, i am talking about beyond alpha mutant top tier)

A few basics would be:
Very high energy output (be it physical or otherwise)
A very high level of speed or reaction time
Very good durability or resistance to physical damage

IMO, storm is severely lacking in the last department, and has questionable reaction time, when stacked up against true top tier characters

and in my very humble opinion, i believe that alone is enough to DQ storm from ever achieveing anything beyond high level mutant. Certianly not omega. The way i see it, put her against some of the top tier mutants (Vulcan, Cable W/out TO, to name a few) and you can see why she is lacking in key areas. While she may have the potential upwards of VERY high energy output, not only does this take a bit more time than "top tier" characters, her durability is extremely low when stacked up to almost everyone top tier, and she is extremely vulnerable to most of the types of things high level characters bring to the table.

Storm is POTENTIALLY high level mutant, but her shortcomings imo can be ovecome by "regular" mutants with the right powerset

I agree. Storm severely lacks defensive techniques. She may dodge bullets (yes it's trueroll eyes (sarcastic) ), but she doesn't have the right defensive powers against powerful energy frontal attacks. I get what you're saying. If she's ever going to evolve into the same thing she did in another timeline (becoming an elemental being | or just turn into mist (bloodstorm)), that is enough IMO.

But one thing still I won't agree and NO ONE HAS PROVEN OR DARED ANSWERED from the ORIGINAL Storm vs. Namor thread (someone is so stupid not to use the SEARCH function roll eyes (sarcastic) ) is that he is faster than Storm in aerodynamic sense. In MarvelDatabase.com, it is officially stated that he can reach up to 60 miles per hour. BUT Storm can reach up to 300 miles per hour with her winds (and can go faster). How can he practically speedblitz her is just not entering my mind. So the speedblitz theory is just unapplicable. Unless someone can explain it to me...DarkCrawler?

Metalmanx
Be prepared for an ass-load of scans showing off Namor's speed. messed

And it's true, you'll get the proof you need. Namor's speed is greater than Storm's.

RisingStorm
I don't like reading scans, just explain it to me by post. I need some enlightenment. I'm not debating or anything...just give me the exact speed he can reach. That is all.

Metalmanx
That's just it. Don't know the upper limits of his speed. I know he was able to fly from one part of the world to another in a VERY short amount of time (can't remember the locations, but Dark Crawler will help you out there).

I believe he also reached space/stratosphere very quickly while carrying something very heavy.

Again, DC can help you a lot more than I can.

DigiMark007
erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.