Crazy Teaser Image from DC?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deathstroke
Just wondering if anyone else saw this.

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/WWIII/bigteaserimage.html

marvelprince
No I didn't but its a pretty nice pic. Shows some of the persons who died as a result of Crisis (or 52). Blue Beetle, Max Lord, Question, Jade. Also did nayone else see the Atom's arm sticking up from out the ground

Soljer
You sons of bitches! You blew it up! You blew it all to hell!

Or something like that.

Deathstroke
Yeah, I saw the Atom's arm, and there's also a Legion flight ring on the ground.

xmarksthespot
I don't think Superman's actually sad.. I think he's just trying to cop a feel. ermm

marvelprince
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I don't think Superman's actually sad.. I think he's just trying to cop a feel. ermm

Can u blame the guy?

Badabing
Originally posted by Soljer
You sons of bitches! You blew it up! You blew it all to hell!

Or something like that.
Oh my God. I'm back. I'm home. All the time, it was... We finally really did it. You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!

Deathstroke
A couple weird things:

Flash has blue eyes (Barry?)
Red Robin (isn't he from Kingdome Come?)
Superboy isn't pictured with the other dead characters
and the most obvious...Pirate Batman

Darth Vicious
Even weirder, The Question seems to be cut in half which could mean he doesnt die of cancer but some other way.

Deathstroke
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Even weirder, The Question seems to be cut in half which could mean he doesnt die of cancer but some other way.

Good point.

Also, does Kyle currently have a GL ring as Ion? In the pic he does and I didn't know.

Disappear
what've scott free and barda been doing recently? i know shilo norman, the newer mister miracle, was tied up in seven soldiers, but what of scott?

WrathfulDwarf
Haven't seen it till now. Very interesting....

namhaY (<)
Do you think this will be linked to the Crucial 52 concept or even the return of the Multi-verse ?

By Crom!
Originally posted by namhaY (&ltwink
Do you think this will be linked to the Crucial 52 concept or even the return of the Multi-verse ?

hmmmm, good thinking, perhaps.

smile

Darth Vicious
The Multi-verses are returning?

pr1983
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

who wouldnt?

from what i understand, this is basically part of the world war 3 storyline, supposedly about a war between black adam's country (khandarq i think is the spelling, though im probably wrong),and the rest of the world (i think). its also all to do with the big 52 thing apparently...

Deathstroke
It seems pretty clear that DC is bringing back the multiverse and I wonder if 52 is the number of universes or something.

Beta Ray Howard
So, they're bringing back the multiverse. The point of IC was what now?

Darth Vicious
I dont even know why bother bringing it back, all it creates is freaking confussion!

marvelprince
Yea, its already been confirmed. Some reader from newsarama figured out a secret message Didio had in the DC nation section of of the comics. Apparently he first took every 5th word and got a paragraph and then took every 2nd word and got a message that said that secret of 52 is that the multiverse still exists. Get it, 5th and 2nd, 5-2, 52.

Personally I'm wondering what was the point of IC or if all it accomploshed was killing of Dlister characters. Also it looks like characters from different realities got shuffled as we're seeing Kingdom Come characters in the DCU now and Wally and his family are supposedly in another reality.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
So, they're bringing back the multiverse. The point of IC was what now?

I would say that it was to create a new powerful villain (i.e. Superboy Prime)

Deathstroke
Golden Age Superman and Superboy were also killed in IC. That was kind of a big deal.

willRules
Ok I don't read much DC so please don't rip my head off if Im wrong but has Superboy prime done anything since Infinite Crisis? I think he should have died there............

WrathfulDwarf
He is currently inprison inside a Sun-Eater. There are 50 GL on guard watching him.

But we all know that eventually he'll break out free. When that happens all hell is going to break loose.

Deathstroke
Yeah, I think they're wanting to save Superboy-prime for a special occasion and not just let him bust out of prison right away.

willRules
I think I would have preferred it if he got killed by a worthy foe like.............umm........ Blue Beetle eek! shifty

dominic/wolf
whos the guy with the bird on his chest

Fanboy
Originally posted by dominic/wolf
whos the guy with the bird on his chest

Red Robin future version of Nightwing looking more like Batman.

Fanboy
You blind or something you guys?

Glowing aura around Kyle and Donna what's up with that?

When did Question die?

Melted Statue of Liberty?

Bart Allen? Maybe.

Green Arrow girlfriend problems?

Mr.Miracle sad because he is shorter then his lover? I would be too.

Deathstroke
Bart Allen doesn't have blue eyes, and I assumed since it's a teaser image for WWIII that the statue of liberty being blown up was a result of the war.

namhaY (<)
Originally posted by willRules
Ok I don't read much DC so please don't rip my head off if I'm wrong but has Superboy prime done anything since Infinite Crisis? I think he should have died there............

He's appeared in Geoff Johns Green Lantern series, and is apparently linked to the 52 event (Not the comic, but the event). G.J's has stated that he may give him a Parallax Esq type of redemption. IMO, I'm looking forward to the multi verse returning. Someone posted a thread, and proposed the idea of the existing in different universes, i.e. Superman in a sci-fi one, Batman in a realistic one, and Wonder Woman in a fantasy driven one. I don't think this would work that well, but something on the lines of it would be great. IMO D.C. earth has WAY too many super heroes on it, a multi verse would be a good way of revamping the dead weight without removing it permanently. In other words less, crappy ongoings and more precisely thought out minis by writers who care about the characters, similar to the recent Atom, Captain Marvel, Spectre, Ion and Freedom fighters series.

Deathstroke
Didio provides some answers, if you can call them that, about the picture.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=99665

db_renji
Originally posted by marvelprince
Yea, its already been confirmed. Some reader from newsarama figured out a secret message Didio had in the DC nation section of of the comics. Apparently he first took every 5th word and got a paragraph and then took every 2nd word and got a message that said that secret of 52 is that the multiverse still exists. Get it, 5th and 2nd, 5-2, 52.

Actually you only keep every third word (keep the very first word as well).

Then you keep only the first letter of the remaining words to get the secret message, "The secret of fifty two is that the multiverse still exists."

52...5-2=3 every third word.

Beta Ray Howard
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I would say that it was to create a new powerful villain (i.e. Superboy Prime)

Emo Prime stunk.

Wally West
I really hope Nightwing doesn't become Red Robin.

Deathstroke
I'm excited for some New Gods action.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.