My Manga/Anime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ultimate Hulk43
Well, I'm coming up with my own manga which will be named Sacred Power. It'll start out with kids learning to harness their powers & they'll become stronger as time progresses. Then, I'll have it be based on them as adults & they'll travel the universe, ridding it of evil. It'll be somewhat like Dragonball Z.

jake hamoy
MINE IS CALLED TIME CROSS RAIDERS WHICH IS ABOUT YOUNG BOYS WITH SUPERNATURAL POWERS. I KINDA BASED SOME OF THE CHARACTERS FROM RAGNAROK ONLINE, HUNTER X HUNTER ETC. BUT THE STORIES AND CHARACTER DESIGNS AND NAMES ARE U7NIQUE. ANOTHER IS TRINIDAD WHICH IS THE STORY OF TWO EVOLVED HUMAN RACES FIGHTING NAGAINST EACH OTHER FOR THE FATE OF HUMANKIND. ONE OF THE RACES IS CALLED DEFILERS WHICH ARE SIMILAR TO DICLONIUS IN ELFEN LIED BUT MORE POWERFUL. THE OTHER IS CALLED BEHOLDERS WHICH HAS IMMUNITY TO PSYCHIC AND PHYSICAL DAMAGE AND ARE ABLE TO SEE INVISIBLE OBJECTS.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
Well, I'm coming up with my own manga which will be named Sacred Power. It'll start out with kids learning to harness their powers & they'll become stronger as time progresses. Then, I'll have it be based on them as adults & they'll travel the universe, ridding it of evil. It'll be somewhat like Dragonball Z.

What's the twist? What kind of powers? I'm interested in hearing more if you'd be willing. big grin

How long does it take to grow up? (how many issues/episodes)

Psyquis52
Originally posted by jake hamoy
MINE IS CALLED TIME CROSS RAIDERS WHICH IS ABOUT YOUNG BOYS WITH SUPERNATURAL POWERS. I KINDA BASED SOME OF THE CHARACTERS FROM RAGNAROK ONLINE, HUNTER X HUNTER ETC. BUT THE STORIES AND CHARACTER DESIGNS AND NAMES ARE U7NIQUE. ANOTHER IS TRINIDAD WHICH IS THE STORY OF TWO EVOLVED HUMAN RACES FIGHTING NAGAINST EACH OTHER FOR THE FATE OF HUMANKIND. ONE OF THE RACES IS CALLED DEFILERS WHICH ARE SIMILAR TO DICLONIUS IN ELFEN LIED BUT MORE POWERFUL. THE OTHER IS CALLED BEHOLDERS WHICH HAS IMMUNITY TO PSYCHIC AND PHYSICAL DAMAGE AND ARE ABLE TO SEE INVISIBLE OBJECTS. They both sound fascinating but I won't be reading about it much if you write in all caps the whole time.

Ultimate Hulk43
You won't be reading about it at all in this thread because this thread is for MY manga, not for his shitty ass peice of crap.

Symmetric Chaos

Hate to tell you this but that is the most cliche anime storyline of all time.

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by Psyquis52
What's the twist? What kind of powers? I'm interested in hearing more if you'd be willing. big grin

How long does it take to grow up? (how many issues/episodes)

I don't want to reveal the twist but I will say that it will be huge. And if I do reveal the twist, who will buy my issues? big grin stick out tongue As for the powers, they'll be able to somewhat manipulate Ki like the Z Fighters of Dragonball Z but they'll also be very strong. They'll develop more powers & techniques as they become older.

As for how long it takes him to grow up, it'll probably be a good couple of hundred issues before they become adults. But most of the series will focus on them as adults.

Anything else you want to know?

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Hate to tell you this but that is the most cliche anime storyline of all time.

So says the guy that has no ideas at all. I know it'll be a success because people all over the internet people have expressed interest in my ideas.

Ultimate Hulk43
Besides, this idea is somewhat in the early stages. I haven't had time to actually work on it but the more I'm exposed to other manga's, the more ideas I'm liable to come up with. I'm hoping to come up with more ideas & get some character art by the summer. I want to put a lot of work into this because I don't want it to be all about fighting, I want it to have real storylines & I want it to be one of the most well liked manga's in history so I'm hoping all of you or most of you will like it.

Also, I'm going to use power levels. Yeah, I know it's one of DBZ's trademarks but I just can't resist using power levels to express where the character's are in terms of power.

Anything you guys want to know about that I haven't already told you guys?

D_A_R_E

If you ask me, your idea lacks orginality. This type of storyline has been used multiple times in manga and anime history. If you're intending to break free from that sterotypical type of storyline common in Shonen styles, you have got to have one hell of a twist up your sleeve!

Ultimate Hulk43
You can't say my idea lacks originality seeing as I haven't even told anyone what it's all about. There's a lot more to my manga than you all seem to think.

Symmetric Chaos
So says the guy that has no ideas at all. I know it'll be a success because people all over the internet people have expressed interest in my ideas.

Who said I have no ideas?

It could very well be a success. Nonetheless based on the summary youy gave that is a very cliche story line for an anime/manga.

Darth Macabre
Who said I have no ideas?

It could very well be a success. Nonetheless based on the summary youy gave that is a very cliche story line for an anime/manga. yes I won't rip apart your ideas like I did the last kid who wanted to create a manga, but your "plot" is trite.

D_A_R_E
You can't say my idea lacks originality seeing as I haven't even told anyone what it's all about. There's a lot more to my manga than you all seem to think.

No you haven't given the details, but you did give out somewhat of a basic outline to give us all a good idea. lol If there is a whole lot more to it; would you care to enlighten us?

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
yes I won't rip apart your ideas like I did the last kid who wanted to create a manga, but your "plot" is trite.

I'd like to see you rip apart my ideas. smile

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by D_A_R_E
No you haven't given the details, but you did give out somewhat of a basic outline to give us all a good idea. lol If there is a whole lot more to it; would you care to enlighten us?

Well, basically, the main character, Sadiki, is from another planet but as a kid he thinks he's a regular human. So, he & a lot other kids enlist in this special school that will help increase their powers & give them the best martial arts training in the world. As they become older, both the humans & aliens surpass each other but will also learn certain things about their race. Also, there are no golden haired warriors but there will be forms for almost everyone.

Darth Macabre
Well, basically, the main character, Sadiki, is from another planet but as a kid he thinks he's a regular human. Goku, check. Naruto and friends, check. Super Saiyan, check.

Sounds like you got yourself a winner! thumbsup

D_A_R_E
Well, basically, the main character, Sadiki, is from another planet but as a kid he thinks he's a regular human. So, he & a lot other kids enlist in this special school that will help increase their powers & give them the best martial arts training in the world. As they become older, both the humans & aliens surpass each other but will also learn certain things about their race. Also, there are no golden haired warriors but there will be forms for almost everyone.

I like the name of the main character, very original. But the fact that he thinks he's a normal human, but he's actually not is an all too common factor in Shonen manga.

The special school part reminds me of Mai HiME, Mai Otome, Tenge Tenjou, Green Green, etc. That factor is also becoming more and more common in both Shoujo and Shonen manga.

The improvement part is common in way too many manga in both Shonen and Shoujo. It wouldn't be a good choice to center your story on that since a lot of manga do.

I still think it's pretty unorginal. But then again you can change that with your characters' backgrounds, personality, looks, talents, ect.

Ultimate Hulk43
It's not unoriginal. The fact is, if you are raised by humans & have no recollection of where you're from, of course you're going to think you're human. But, I'm going to work on it some more anyway to work out the kinks.

Ultimate Hulk43
Goku, check. Naruto and friends, check. Super Saiyan, check.

Sounds like you got yourself a winner! thumbsup

Nice calls. wink For one, if he were like Goku, he'd be described as stupid, loving, and a competitive person. Is my character like that? No, because he'll be a serious character but won't be arrogant so don't try to say "Vegeta, check.". So you can uncheck that. Also, this is not like Naruto because they are not going there to become something or someone or whatever. It's like a real martial arts school except it's more advanced. Also, by forms I never said they'd get golden auras, green eyes, and golden hair? Also, I never recalled any of the humans getting new foms. In fact, since you want to be a prick, I won't be responding to anything you say from here on since you want to be an idiot.

Darth Macabre
Nice calls. wink For one, if he were like Goku, he'd be described as stupid, loving, and a competitive person. Is my character like that? No, because he'll be a serious character but won't be arrogant so don't try to say "Vegeta, check.". So you can uncheck that. Also, this is not like Naruto because they are not going there to become something or someone or whatever. It's like a real martial arts school except it's more advanced. Also, by forms I never said they'd get golden auras, green eyes, and golden hair? Also, I never recalled any of the humans getting new foms. In fact, since you want to be a prick, I won't be responding to anything you say from here on since you want to be an idiot. A) You put your "idea" out to be criticized...So if you don't want people to tell you the truth and instead want them to lie and say "oh, wow, you got yourself a wonderfully clever idea!" then you should stipulate it in your first post; or, of course, don't post your idea, and allow it to stay in the world we like to call your mind. B) THe main character doesn't know he's an alien and goes around thinking he's human; that's Goku right there. C) Are they going to school to learn how to fight or not? If they are, then it's like Naruto, so yeah... D) You lack the knowledge to understand that all of your ideas are stereotypical concepts that are found in most, if not all, shonen mangas. Face it, your story lacks originality; did I say it would be automatically bad? No, all I said was that it was trite. Simple as that.

Oh, and it would be wise not to call people names when they themselves have done no such thing.

Darth Macabre
Sorry for the double post but I reread what I wrote and saw that it could be taken a different way from what my intentions were...I'm not trying to make you feel stupid, dumb, bad, ignorant, etc. I'm trying to help you; I'm trying to make your writing, your story telling, and over all creativity better. If you don't want my help, fine, I'll leave and not post in your thread again, but I was truly trying to help you.

D_A_R_E
It's not unoriginal. The fact is, if you are raised by humans & have no recollection of where you're from, of course you're going to think you're human. But, I'm going to work on it some more anyway to work out the kinks.

I've seen that sort of think in way too many anime and manga. I can't see it as anything but unoriginal anymore.

Ultimate Hulk43
A) You put your "idea" out to be criticized...So if you don't want people to tell you the truth and instead want them to lie and say "oh, wow, you got yourself a wonderfully clever idea!" then you should stipulate it in your first post; or, of course, don't post your idea, and allow it to stay in the world we like to call your mind. B) THe main character doesn't know he's an alien and goes around thinking he's human; that's Goku right there. C) Are they going to school to learn how to fight or not? If they are, then it's like Naruto, so yeah... D) You lack the knowledge to understand that all of your ideas are stereotypical concepts that are found in most, if not all, shonen mangas. Face it, your story lacks originality; did I say it would be automatically bad? No, all I said was that it was trite. Simple as that.

Oh, and it would be wise not to call people names when they themselves have done no such thing.

A) That's not Goku, there are a lot of characters who wonder what they are so that's not Goku. He'd be Goku if they had the exact same personalities. B) They aren't going to the school to learn how to fight, just to increase their powers so that's not Naruto. C) My story doesn't lack originality & it's not stereotypical concepts that are found in most manga.

Symmetric Chaos

erm

So its DBZ, Naruto, X-Men and a random SuperSentai?

Not exactly original especially when you have to start the bildungsroman aspect to develop the characters.

It could be awsome but it's still a stock story line.

Ultimate Hulk43
I'm getting really annoyed of people calling this a mixtured of DB/Z & Naruto when it clearly isn't. In DB/Z, Goku & crew are trying to find the dragonballs. In my story, is there a mention of any mystical objects that grant wishes? No. In Naruto, Naruto is trying to earn a ranking & become the best in his village. Is my character trying to do that? No. He's trying to enhance the skills he already has so he can be stronger, he's not trying to become the best in his village. Also, Sadiki is nothing like Goku except for the fact that they think they are humans at the beginning of the story. Does Sadiki come from a planet destroying race? No, he doesn't. Is Sadiki uneducated like Goku yet loving & caring? No, he isn't. You all are determined to say it's a mixture of this & that yet you haven't even bothered to question me to actually learn what this is truly about.

Symmetric Chaos
In Naruto, Naruto is trying to earn a ranking & become the best in his village. Is my character trying to do that? No. He's trying to enhance the skills he already has so he can be stronger, he's not trying to become the best in his village.

Still makes him like any Shonen hero.

Also, Sadiki is nothing like Goku except for the fact that they think they are humans at the beginning of the story.

Various forms.

You all are determined to say it's a mixture of this & that yet you haven't even bothered to question me to actually learn what this is truly about.

What is it truly about.

trademark
Originally posted by D_A_R_E

If you ask me, your idea lacks orginality. This type of storyline has been used multiple times in manga and anime history. If you're intending to break free from that sterotypical type of storyline common in Shonen styles, you have got to have one hell of a twist up your sleeve!

boobsmagee
ok yes most of what uve told us sounds like u found all your favorite things in animes and slapped them into one big mess, which usually turns out to be shit, since your idea hasnt been taken to hmm enywhere yet, u have to show us whats different than other animes, alot of times animes take a similar idea as another, but then twist it in a whole new direction, show us how your twisting all these things, what makes them different than any other, and the fact is how can americna people make anime, i never truly understood that, how is it considered anime, but enyways your writing a story line, not drawing correct?..........
right now your ideas sound too much like so many animes that i dont know where your even going to take this, it sounds like yu yu hakasho, and bleach, and dbz, and so many different animes/mangas, that its making my interest rate go to about 0

come up with something original and mind blowing that will make us get into it, maybe the twist will be great, but not just one twist in a story can make it completly different than other mangas, u still need more

Darth Macabre
A) That's not Goku, there are a lot of characters who wonder what they are so that's not Goku. He'd be Goku if they had the exact same personalities. B) They aren't going to the school to learn how to fight, just to increase their powers so that's not Naruto. C) My story doesn't lack originality & it's not stereotypical concepts that are found in most manga. roll eyes (sarcastic) You don't know the difference between the same concepts and the same characterization.

Ultimate Hulk43
Still makes him like any Shonen hero.

Various forms.

What is it truly about.

It's about him learning about who he is which is more like Smallville so to speak. The twist is something that I want to put a lot of work into but he's basically trying to learn about his people & what happened, especially after he learns that there is one other survivor.

Ultimate Hulk43
Ask me specific questions so I can share more information.

Ultimate Hulk43
Okay, how about this, something tragic happens to Sadiki's adopted father & his father tells him of this academy that could train & take care of him. It's like an orphanage of sorts except they keep them & train them until they are in their teens & are able to fully defend themselves. So, this is where our heroes meet up & eventually they just leave the academy. After having a few battles, they decide to stick together but after one big epic battle before they become adults, they break up. Years later, they meet up again to reminisce & have to end up saving the world. Along the way, Sadiki learns that he's not from Earth & that his homeworld has already been destroyed but there is one other survivor than him (who will become a hero as well).

How's that?

Symmetric Chaos
Okay, how about this, something tragic happens to Sadiki's adopted father & his father tells him of this academy that could train & take care of him. It's like an orphanage of sorts except they keep them & train them until they are in their teens & are able to fully defend themselves. So, this is where our heroes meet up & eventually they just leave the academy. After having a few battles, they decide to stick together but after one big epic battle before they become adults, they break up. Years later, they meet up again to reminisce & have to end up saving the world. Along the way, Sadiki learns that he's not from Earth & that his homeworld has already been destroyed but there is one other survivor than him (who will become a hero as well).

How's that?

That could work very well if written properly.

Ultimate Hulk43
See, I'm a natural born writer. wink

Any questions about the characters?

Ultimate Hulk43
I have some ideas I'm going to be working on but they will be kind of close to some things that occured in DBZ.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.