Will's sword?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pirate_1987
In the begining of COTBP Will makes a sword for Norrington and in the last part of COTBP Norrington tells Will that he would not want to kill the person who made he sword. In DMC Beckett has Norrington's sword. Ted and Terry said the sword will come back on AWE. DO YOU THINK THEY ARE GOING TO KILL WILL WITH THE SWORD?

PirateDiva
Hmmmm Interesting Concept!!!

IheartPocky
He didn't say anything about not killing Will with his sword, did he? I don't think he did..

No.. I don't think they'll kill will with the sword..

heh that has a nice ring to it. Like Kill Bill, Kill Will big grin

Ericadawn
Awww, that's James' sword, that is! It was made by Will but it was commissioned for James' promotion and even Beckett associates it with James..."And the former owner of this sword, I believe..."

In the complete DMC script on Wordplayer, it reveals that Beckett restores James' sword to him as well as making him Admiral. The sword has quite a role to play. In the budget script, James caught it in his white gloved hands so that the blood on his hands shown quite literally and that was from a confrontation with Elizabeth.

Actually, last I heard, the sword ends up in Davy Jones' possession...so my money's on James' sword being used to stab the heart despite Will's promise to use the dagger, but who knows? If Will were to die...maybe you'd be right...

I'm house-sitting, but I had to log-in to chime in when it comes to James...

Surreal_44
Yeah...that sword is not really Will's sword...not yet anyway. Maybe he ends up with it by the end of the film? Which would be sad, since it belongs to James. sad

jackismyboo
in COTBP James tells Wills i think the maker of this sword did a fine job or something like that i intend he treats elizabeth the same way something close to that lol so he means he wants Will to treat elizabeth the way he treated James sword very fine and repectful. The swrod does have a role in AWE and i think the sword will break and Will probably breaks it fighting and i think it ends with him and elizabeth cuz he broke the sword breaking his fine job and maybe meaning elizabeth isn't his anymore. i don't know really it's a good subject because the sword does have an appearence in AWE.

allofyousuckkk
you win the award for the longest run on sentance ive ever forced myself to read^^^^^

maybe it's just a sword, like, nothin special about it

b/c I really can't see any relevant additions to the plot of AWE from any of the posts I've read here

Ericadawn
It's not just a sword, it has a "destiny"! At least, according to Wordplayer.

And I'll be extremely upset if it's broken...because then James will truly be gone...

sad

Pirates-Orlie
Of course Will wouldn't die! He's one of the leading roles. I really don't believe Will's going to die, and if he does I'm really going to freak out because he is great!!

Ericadawn
Jack died in the second, Barbossa died in the first yet they're both in the third, stop thinking of death being so permanent.

PirateDiva
^^ LMAO!! so TruE!!!

allofyousuckkk
i may be retarded, but who is jameS?

Mistypirate
James Norrigton. smile Dear Norrie

akanai
how can you don't know that :P

maybe norrie will be killed with this sword...

willofthewisp
It's easy to not know Norrington's first name if you've only watched the movies. I think his first name in the actual films is only mentioned once.

fridayN
POTC3 first draft (56 pages, remember?) tells that Norrie will be killed by Bill Bootstrap...

Ericadawn
James' name was first mentioned by Elizabeth in adeleted scene from CotBP...I want to say "Peas in a Pod" but I don't think that's right, I think it was earlier when Norrington has concerns about Elizabeth's sincerity so she calls him James.

Then, in DMC, it is mentioned twice. First, by Beckett: "And I have one here for a mister James Norrington, is he present?"
then, Elizabeth: "James Norrington, what has the world done to you?"

I don't like to think about James' fate but he does NOT die by his own sword.

PirateDiva
Originally posted by fridayN
POTC3 first draft (56 pages, remember?) tells that Norrie will be killed by Bill Bootstrap...

Yes but then the 36 page script (which is a revised version of the 56) and much different came out and that does not happen! so we dont know what happens to Norrie!

Ericadawn
That's because the 36 pager didn't go as far with events as the budget script did, in the 56 pager, he wasn't killed off until page 43.

fridayN
I've heard nothin' about 36 page script... Is there any difference between them (until 43)?

PirateDiva
Yes there are a significant amount of Changes!!!

fridayN
PLZ, would you like to give me a link?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.