Who's the most populaire superhero ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aqua-pimp
Who of these guys is the most populaire:

Superman

Spiderman

The Hulk

Batman

Wolverine

or Spawn

Discus!!!

cool

Galan007
Probably Superman.

galan_superman

Priest
Currently on KMC, id say hulk

Newjak
Of all time Superman

Tha C-Master
Most popular or well known, there's a difference...

ExtraMision5555
pupular e

invisiblewoman
overall! i would say superman

Symmetric Chaos
Unfortunately Superman

DigiMark007
Er, I think Spidey pulls in more money as far as comics and promortions nowadays.

So sure, more people know Supes. But it really depends on your definition of "popular".

guy222
Originally posted by Aqua-pimp
Who of these guys is the most populaire:

Superman

Spiderman

The Hulk

Batman

Wolverine

or Spawn

Discus!!!

cool

Wolverine and Hulk

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Er, I think Spidey pulls in more money as far as comics and promortions nowadays.

So sure, more people know Supes. But it really depends on your definition of "popular".

There was something on Bravo about this and they said the exact same thing.

batdude123
People would be lying if they didn't say Superman overall.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by batdude123
People would be lying if they didn't say Superman overall.

Have you seen the teen-and-younger crowd though? Supes is a distant 2nd to SM. Superman's the most well-known/popular/etc. But it may change before too long.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Superman's the most well-known/popular/etc. But it may change before too long.

Thank goodness

Magee
I know a few people who don't even read comics but like Superman, can't say the same for spiderman. I think Superman needs to go through some changes to keep the popularity with the newer generation. I mean look at smallville I know loads of people who watch it but they don't know a thing/ care about Supes.

srankmissingnin
Ten to twenty years ago it would have been Superman but I don't see how anyone could even make an argument for Superman being more popular then Spider-man right now. When was the last time you say a kid with a Superman t-shirt/shoes/random merch? Spider-man's face is all over the place and it has been for a while now. I'd even put Batman above Superman's popularity.

Honestly, it really isn't even a contest, Spider-man is hands down the most popular/well known comic character.

Deathstroke
I've got an idea to make Superman more popular with teens. Let's make him blue and electrical......oh wait. Anyway, I still think Supes is the most well known.

Kurash
spider-man is the most popular, i would actually go as far to say batman is number 2. Superman is like the symbol for all superheroes, just like how jerry west is the symbol for the NBA, but is jerry west the most popular player ever? No

xmeat
spidey

Newjak
Spiderman is very popular among alot of youth but if you look into the general public most people know of Superman more. He has been around longer has had more media coverage from Movies, animated shows, and even Reality TV series.

While in comics he may be slipping overall he is still tops in drawing power.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by Kurash
spider-man is the most popular, i would actually go as far to say batman is number 2. Superman is like the symbol for all superheroes, just like how jerry west is the symbol for the NBA, but is jerry west the most popular player ever? No

the discovery channel actually once made a "top ten comic book characters" of all time and listed Batman as numero uno...

my personal choice though would be superman followed by batman and then spidey...

and hell no, jerry west isnt the symbol of the NBA, he isnt also the first that comes to mind when i think about the lakers (definitely not kobe either)...

Newjak
Originally posted by Newjak
Spiderman is very popular among alot of youth but if you look into the general public most people know of Superman more. He has been around longer has had more media coverage from Movies, animated shows, and even Reality TV series.

While in comics he may be slipping overall he is still tops in drawing power.

Kurash
superman returns = 391 million dollars worldwide
superman = 300 million dollards worldwide

Thats 691 million dollars for the top 2 grossing superman movies out of 5. Now lets compare to the only 2 spider-man movies

Spider-man = 821 million
Spider-man 2 = 783 million

Both of the DOUBLE superman returns grosses

Kurash
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
the discovery channel actually once made a "top ten comic book characters" of all time and listed Batman as numero uno...

my personal choice though would be superman followed by batman and then spidey...

and hell no, jerry west isnt the symbol of the NBA, he isnt also the first that comes to mind when i think about the lakers (definitely not kobe either)...

uhh that blue and red symbol with the white figure in the middle, thats jerry west my friend, and since that is considered the symbol of the NBA, then i would say jerry west is the symbol since he is in fact THE symbol

draxx_tOfU

Thats 691 million dollars for the top 2 grossing superman movies out of 5. Now lets compare to the only 2 spider-man movies

Spider-man = 821 million

at least clark has erica durance and kristin kreuk in smallville...

erica or kristin >>>> kirsten dunst

stick out tongue

Newjak

Spider-man = 821 million

Both of the DOUBLE superman returns grosses I think there is a key point there out of 5 and to be fair the one came out very early hasn't been over two decades and the one isn't even a year old yet.

By the way if your inlcuding Superman returns wouldn't that mean 6 instead of 5.

Kurash
what would it not being very old have anything to do with it? its out of theatres

Newjak
what would it not being very old have anything to do with it? its out of theatres For one inflation means that newer movies will automatically appear bigger in dollar vaule. As for Superman Returns are you talking strictly box office numbers or over all earnings because the other two Spidey Films have had enough time to actually make alot more money while Superman Return will probably take another year or two to reach it's optimal selling state.

Dinalfos
Spiderman by A MILE. Superman ain't popular, just well known.

draxx_tOfU
uhh that blue and red symbol with the white figure in the middle, thats jerry west my friend, and since that is considered the symbol of the NBA, then i would say jerry west is the symbol since he is in fact THE symbol

that's because Michael Jordan wasnt in the NBA that time...

Nike jumpman logo >>>> confusing NBA silhouette

Kurash
that's because Michael Jordan wasnt in the NBA that time...

Nike jumpman logo >>>> confusing NBA silhouette

thats the air jordan symbol, not the nike symbol and has nothing to do with the NBA, thank you for proving nothing

Kurash
For one inflation means that newer movies will automatically appear bigger in dollar vaule. As for Superman Returns are you talking strictly box office numbers or over all earnings because the other two Spidey Films have had enough time to actually make alot more money while Superman Return will probably take another year or two to reach it's optimal selling state.

those were strictly box office numbers

Newjak
Originally posted by Dinalfos
Spiderman by A MILE. Superman ain't popular, just well known. If you want to compare actual money numbers I can guarantee that Superman's total earnings in all of media is far superior to Spiderman.

In the end it will probably take another 10 to 20 years for anyone to actually touch superman it know ability

Kurash
thats the air jordan symbol, not the nike symbol and has nothing to do with the NBA, thank you for proving nothing

oops, meant to edit a word, reposted sry

Newjak
those were strictly box office numbers I see well then maybe that but if you want to compare total earnings for the character who do you think will win that battle.

WrathfulDwarf
For my Grandparents to know who or what is Superman its a hint which character is the more popular. I'm in my 30's and I heard of Superman since childhood.

Follow by Batman of course.

So you can throw away Spiderman or Hulk around...none will be better known than Superman.

srankmissingnin
at least clark has erica durance and kristin kreuk in smallville...

erica or kristin >>>> kirsten dunst

stick out tongue

Kristen Kreuk? sick

Usually an actress has to be either talented or incredible attractive, but not possessing either I need to wonder how exactly she became an actress. She must have screwed the right person in Hollywood, that much is for sure. I can't believe anyone finds her attractive... the very sight of her makes my stomach churn. And Erica looks like she is in her 40s. I could have given you Allison Mack being more attractive then Kirsten Dunst, but Erica Durance and Kristin Kreuk... come on, you serious? sad

Kurash
I see well then maybe that but if you want to compare total earnings for the character who do you think will win that battle.

were not talking total earnings, its not an overall money matter, just because superman made more than spidey in the 70s and 80s doesnt prove that hes more popular now. The box office results were to show that in the past few years the number of attendants at the spider-man movies have doubled those at superman

Supreme being
Without a doubt its Superman and with the backing of smallville that generation gap that a lot of people seem to believe is there is getting closed.

Kurash
i would like to point out, well known does not mean popularity, is george bush popular? not right now, but hes well known. Is osama bin laden popular (within the US)? You see the point

Soljer
It's either Superman or Spiderman.

The rest don't compare in popularity.

Supreme being

Spider-man = 821 million

SR didnt make spiderman numbers at the box office because it sucked hard and the marketing of that film was horrible.

Kurash
superman returns is better than the first spider-man

draxx_tOfU

and the air jordan is from what brand again?

right!

and whenever you hear someone say nba you think of.....jerry west?

wrong!

Newjak
were not talking total earnings, its not an overall money matter, just because superman made more than spidey in the 70s and 80s doesnt prove that hes more popular now. The box office results were to show that in the past few years the number of attendants at the spider-man movies have doubled those at superman You also got to think about timing Superman Returns came out after the big Super Hero Explosion of the late 90's ealry 00s. Also think of other movies toit had to compete with. Spiderman was the box office attraction at the time not so with Superman returns.

Also like I said adjusted for inflation the original Superman probably is a lot closer to those movies then you think.

Also in the end Superman has made more even in recent years overall. superman has had a successful TV show going for 6 seasons with another 7th season on the way.

His shows in the 90s and his animated movies in the 90s still were great marketing.

And Movies aren't the total of popularity why because Superman still is the most popular among all generations of people and was also a hero for all ages. You give it another 10 to 20 years this may change but the fact is that overall the Superman name still has the most drawing power for all ages.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

Kristen Kreuk? sick

Usually an actress has to be either talented or incredible attractive, but not possessing either I need to wonder how exactly she became an actress. She must have screwed the right person in Hollywood, that much is for sure. I can't believe anyone finds her attractive... the very sight of her makes my stomach churn. And Erica looks like she is in her 40s. I could have given you Allison Mack being more attractive then Kirsten Dunst, but Erica Durance and Kristin Kreuk... come on, you serious? sad

kristin not lana, and erica not lois...

lana is like, ze b!tch...

but yes, i think both are far prettier than kirsten dunst...

thats just me though, as the cliche goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

WrathfulDwarf

Spider-man = 821 million

That only proves that the Spiderman franchise is more Over Hyped than Popular.

Compare those numbers to the Star Wars films and then tell me which made more money.

Kurash
and the air jordan is from what brand again?

right!

and whenever you hear someone say nba you think of.....jerry west?

wrong!

jerry west is the symbol of the NBA, wanna argue that? Nope cause its 100% fact hes the symbol. Air Jordan is a segment of Nike, is it called Nike Air Jordan? No, its called Air Jordan and it has its own seperate symbol to represent air jordan. The Nike swoosh is Nike's symbol, its that simple accept that your wrong, ill be back after i eat hardee's

Kurash
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
That only proves that the Spiderman franchise is more Over Hyped than Popular.

Compare those numbers to the Star Wars films and then tell me which made more money.

explain to me why star wars is relevant and i will since im a huge star wars fan and know the box office grosses by heart

draxx_tOfU
jerry west is the symbol of the NBA, wanna argue that? Nope cause its 100% fact hes the symbol. Air Jordan is a segment of Nike, is it called Nike Air Jordan? No, its called Air Jordan and it has its own seperate symbol to represent air jordan. The Nike swoosh is Nike's symbol, its that simple accept that your wrong, ill be back after i eat hardee's

yes and no.

draxx_tOfU
explain to me why star wars is relevant and i will since im a huge star wars fan and know the box office grosses by heart

meh...

gone with the wind >>> all movies

WrathfulDwarf

I don't think you understand. See, you were trying to imply that Spiderman is more popular than Superman base on movie ticket sales. Which is really not a very good base for an argument. Star Wars is relevant because as you know it sales well in the box office. So by that definition. Star Wars IS more popular than Spiderman.

draxx_tOfU
E.T. >>> star wars

*** runs for cover ***

spidey-dude
hes not one of my favs but everyone around the world knows his name so i say superman is the most popular. then spidey

Soljer
http://comicbooks.about.com/od/characters/tp/topsuperhero.htm

The top Four, at least, seem about right.

After that, meh. I dunno.

LordFear
most popular now Spiderman
most widely known, Superman

capt it up
spiderman easily

capt it up
Even on the forum were popular characters are hated spiderman is still very liked

ctu_stylez
spider-man hands down, look at the mother****ing boxoffice numbers....

celestialdemon
Superman by far is the most popular superhero out there.

playa1258
Most populer are Superman,Spider-man,Batman,Hulk,Wolverine in that order. Maybe you could switch Wolverine and Hulk. Just Maybe

dvampire
The most popular in the real world is probably Superman or Spiderman.

But Silver Surfer is the most popular on the internet.

Soljer
Originally posted by dvampire
The most popular in the real world is probably Superman or Spiderman.

But Silver Surfer is the most popular on the internet.

I know what you mean, man. Like those eight hundred page debates about him...

Oh wait, that's Wolverine and Spiderman.

Well, he has all those ignorant fanboys. Oh wait, thats the Hulk....

Well.....uhhhmm...

You reached this conclusion, how?

spetznaz
Most Popular: I'd have to say Spiderman, primarily because of the younger crowd (eg many kids grew up with Spiderman being their 'Superman').

Most well known: Easily Superman, anywhere in the globe. The 'S' symbol is one of the most identifiable things on earth.

Currently on KMC: Easily the Hulk, primarily due to the extreme leeching (a leech is the next de-evolutionary stage from fanboy ....it is what happens when a fanboy goes to hell) of XMeat.

Past contenders for most popular: Before Spiderman captured the market, Batman, Wolverine and Superman all vied for the title (with Superman keeping it for decades). However Spiderman currently has this locked in the bag.

Spawn once came close ...very close ....actually for a while capturing the title, when Todd first created the character. Since then he has fallen off.

roughrider
At the moment, it's Spider Man.

In overall comics history and worldwide fame, it's between Superman and Batman.

On the comics page right now, it's Wolverine.

Ptr_Grifin
Spider-man is definitely the most popular. But Superman is more well known.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.