The Boondocks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
Anyone watch this show? I've only caught it playing latenight, on a TV in a club I go to. Even silent, it looks funny as hell.

roughrider
Found DVDs to rent.
Riotously funny; up there with the best of South Park and The Simpsons. laughing out loud

ToMacco
Originally posted by roughrider
Found DVDs to rent.
Riotously funny; up there with the best of South Park and The Simpsons. laughing out loud

I don't know about that, man. But that show is really funny.

FistOfThe North
I love "the Boondocks". That theme song's nice, too.

When's season 2 gonna air?

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I love "the Boondocks". That theme song's nice, too.

When's season 2 gonna air? Starts on June 30, or something like that.

roughrider
Some episodes you can find on YouTube. The Episode "A Date With The Health Inspector", where 'W' and Gin Rummy recreate all the politics and conflict about Iraq in a variety store (just so they can get free beer) - genius. laughing out loud

Darth Oblivion
I love the show. Watch it everytime it's on.

roughrider
I see Denys Cowan is a producer on the show. He was a good longtime artist for Marvel and DC comics - Power Man and Iron Fist, Black Panther, Deathlok, Batman, and a very long run on The Question. He also co-founded Milestone Media, with all those new black characters for DC.

roughrider
Bought the DVDs of Season 1 last spring - well worth the money.

Now I see Season 2 is wrapping up on Adult Swim this month. I don't have cable, so I have to wait for the DVDs again. Anyone watching? Still funny?

Blax_Hydralisk
Yeah it's okay, though imo it's not as funny as Season 1.

FistOfThe North
I need to catch up with season 2. I only watched the 1st ep. of it.

I don't like the theme song. It's a remix of seasons 1's theme song.

Impediment
Just bought season 2 dvd set used! Great, great series. Ruckus' Reality Show episode was a riot!

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Yeah it's okay, though imo it's not as funny as Season 1.

That is how a lot of people feel. I like Season 2, but Season 1 was just perfect. I struggled to enjoy the first few episodes of Season 2. I like the fact that Riley and Huey grew up a little bit though.

Dark-Jaxx
Love the series, funny as hell, second only to the likes of South Park in terms of ingenuity IMO.

Also, for a comedy cartoon, the action/fight scenes are quite good. mmm

occultdestroyer
ZOMG I hated this shit.

Kill it... KILL IT!!

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Love the series, funny as hell, second only to the likes of South Park in terms of ingenuity IMO.

Also, for a comedy cartoon, the action/fight scenes are quite good. mmm '

Yeah Huey's dream of the blind samurai, Riley vs Huey and Huey vs Ruckus were a few of my favorites and were very well done.

I think that McGruder is on the right path to making a great show that will last for a long time. He has the right blend of characters to keep the ignorant ones laughing at Riley and Rukus while he also keeps the intellectuals one with the ingenuity of Huey. Now I'm not saying that only ignorant people like Riley, hell he is my favorite character. Both of them are needed to survive. The show wouldn't be funny without the likes of Riley and Rukus, and it wouldn't be as clever and deep without Huey. Some watch only for the humor, others for the message in the episode and others for both.

Well thats my big view on Boondocks and I only got one last thing to say.

What the **** yall looking at?

Dark-Jaxx
The show also taught me the secret to dating.

"I sent that b!tch a smilie face. B!tches love smilie faces."

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
The show also taught me the secret to dating.

"I sent that b!tch a smilie face. B!tches love smilie faces."

Hell yeah, I be texting my ass off!

Quincy
The fights in this show kickass. But the comic strip itself I hear is better.

complexbrother
The one in which BET's CEO was trying to destroy all black men was the funniest by far.

yungz22
when is season 3 come out

Wei Phoenix
Supposedly January or February next year.

illadelph12
Sweet. My favorite episodes from Season 2 were Stinkmeaner Strikes Back and Or Die Trying. The Catcher Freeman episode was hilarious simply for Ruckus's f*cked up version of the story. One of my favorite shows. Soundtrack is dope too. I've got volumes 1 & 2 (Hip Hop Doctrine Mixtapes)

roughrider
I've had Season 2 on DVD for over a year now, and forgot to come on here and give my opinion! Even funnier than the first one, with Thugnificent moving in across the sreet, two episodes good enough to get banned by BET thumb up (shows how good they are). Best title of Season 2 - Attack Of The Killer Kung Fu Wolf B*tch! laughing out loud
Not long now, before Season 3 starts to trickle out...

Nemesis X
Boondocks is horrible and is a piece of crap in my opinion. I automatically either change the channel or turn off the TV when it's on. My God, I sometimes even wanna gouge out my eyes when I see it.

KingD19
Boondocks is one of the best animations and funniest shows ever.

jdea
I can't wait for new eps. Boondocks is awesome, love the animation style

manly man
I like the show, but there's some times when I feel terrible when I laugh at it. Like when(I can't remember a few names) the girl's dad got posessed by thecrazy old man's spirit and Uncle Ruckus convinced them all that they had to whip it out of him... I was, quite literally, rolling on the floor laughing, but I felt as though I was the most racist person on the planet, just because I found it so hilarious.

I always feel so torn over this love/hate relationship.

roughrider
Originally posted by manly man
I like the show, but there's some times when I feel terrible when I laugh at it. Like when(I can't remember a few names) the girl's dad got posessed by thecrazy old man's spirit and Uncle Ruckus convinced them all that they had to whip it out of him... I was, quite literally, rolling on the floor laughing, but I felt as though I was the most racist person on the planet, just because I found it so hilarious.

I always feel so torn over this love/hate relationship.

That's just because of Ruckus and his deluded opinion about black culture - not matter than he is the darkest skinned member of the cast. You laugh because his world view is absurd - bringing over not just a whip for the exorcism, but other "things that strike fear into a heart of a negro" - like a book, and a job application. laughing out loud Other characters just shake their heads at his delusions and tolerate him.

roughrider
I'm watching Season 3 episodes on YouTube right now. They tackle Obama's election right off the bat. Other great ones are the kickball game with the Chinese (The Red Ball), and a parody of that young seven year old in Florida who stole his grandma's SUV and went on a rampage (Smokin' With Cigarettes) laughing out loud

Kaibs
A shame more people don't post on this thread. Boondocks is amazing. To bad Season 3 is the last season. All the episodes have been great though in all the seasons. Although I dislike severely that Busta Rhymes wasn't Flonominal and Snoop wasnt Macktastic anymore.

roughrider
Season 3 DVD set comes out November 9! I'll be at my local store to get it. I can just watch the opening of 'The Hateocracy' over and over again, rolling on the floor in laughter. laughing
(I realized later that old crew out for revenge was based on Red Foxx, Jimmie Walker and Della Reese.)

Kaibs
Lol. Red Foxx is amazing. The Hateocracy was great too. Hilarious episode.

roughrider
Just bought the DVD set of season 3 yesterday; first day it came out.

If this is the final season, and the comic strip is no more, what's next for Aaron McGruder and his crew?

Kaibs
His "crew" are already pretty established actors for the most part so they probably will just continue to act.

Who knows what Aaron will do. Probably pull a Chappelle and go to Africa and smoke ganja.

roughrider
Originally posted by Kaibs
His "crew" are already pretty established actors for the most part so they probably will just continue to act.

Who knows what Aaron will do. Probably pull a Chappelle and go to Africa and smoke ganja.

I was thinking of his creative team behind the scenes, writer-producers like Rodney Barnes, Carl Jones etc. Where could they go from here, if they do another project.

Kaibs
Ahhh probably create another intelligent animated show probably.

maximus395
By far one of the best shows on the planet, just the humor alone is perfect. The whole show is about both sides of the life, the ying and yang thing. The creator of the show tries to make fun of as many stereo types as possible.

Darth Piggott
I love this show. I never knew that Aaron was done with it, that's pretty sad. I love the chinese kickball episode, pretty nice.

Bro SMASH
I really hope this series have a long run like The Simpsons and South Park. A show like this is just what's needed on TV.

roughrider
We may see the next season soon! I think it was John Witherspoon who said they did voice recording for a new season in 2011. The animation is rich and time consuming so, maybe by next spring?

thanos-prime
This show is Hilarious, Favorite characters are Uncle Ruckus, Thugnificent and Gangstalicious.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.