Batdude's Tourney Match #6

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123

batdude123
DG/BB opening post:

batdude123
... Continued (this will use up one of dg's posts)

batdude123
Digi/Scoob's post:

batdude123
... Continued

Blair Wind
Good Luck both teams.
Bumping so it stays on top

DigiMark007

darthgoober

DigiMark007

Scoobless

bigbran

DigiMark007

Scoobless

darthgoober

DigiMark007

DigiMark007
Digi Post #5

So since I have some posts to play around with, I'll make a brief statement that summarizes my thoughts on the battle so far.

A. Offensive firepower
Thor at base levels, and Warlock with Surfer's power, can both simply transmute EXAM out of the fight by turning him into a harmless substance. See my 1st post for scans. Our anti-metal-covered boards will tear up his suit of armor, as well as tear up EXAM himself since they've been doing metal-related stuff with him.

B. If you believe the nonsense about EXAM becoming the potion that made him (you shouldn;t...they have no proof beyond Loki's speculation of what he's capable of...EXAM has never displayed such powers) we can still simply transmute whoever they give AM's powers to.

C. Questions
Scoob has proven the SP stuff with concrete evidence. I have proven Warlock's capabilities with logic and scans. Feel free to peruse the MANY times they tried to question me if you need further justification. They don't have a solid strategy in this fight, so they had to attack ours. It's their only option, and it's not working.

D. EXAM will be boned by Sentry even without all the other stuff I mentioned. He's simply beyond AM's ability to absorb.

E. Adaptoid's the weakest person here. He gets out-fought by Cap on several occasions, can only use 1 power at a time, and isn't nearly as good as bran/goober would have you believe.

F. Who's thinking of that?
We have Adam Warlock, the best strategic mind in Marvel, and with full knowledge of our team due to the soul link, leading us. Who exactly on their team is supposed to be thinking up this insane (and not doable) strategy? Adaptoid? The man who gets punked by Cap all the time. Despero? A smart enough guy, but more about punching things than out-thinking opponents. Creel? Our plan is doable, because we have a believable means by which our team will think of this strategy. But there's no way in a thousand years that if you threw together bran/goober's team that they'd think up that nonsense.

To me, it's about looking at what WILL happen, not what could happen. We have them beaten regardless of what they do, but they're standing on tenuous ground to begin with, and a far-fetched plan, or a lack of a plan (as evidenced by their single-minded devotion to attacking our plan) isn't the way they're going to win.

Scoobless
Post #3 - Space Phantom/Thor

Our guys punch your guys hard .... wicked hard! ... IN THE FACE!!!

http://img459.imageshack.us/my.php?image=punch2qt1.jpg

your guys start crying and run home to tell their mommas.

http://img400.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crybabyss1.jpg

stick out tongue

Well, if they don't post, then we have nothing to respond to.

no expression

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Scoobless

laughing out loud

But yeah, they haven't posted in a few days, and have gotten about 5 votes in the poll during that time.

confused

...in the future I'd vote for just 5 judges. I have no problem with losing if they legitimately beat us, but when it seems like not posting = votes, I start getting a bit upset. I'm not blaming bran/goober....they've been good opponents, and I'm sure they have their reasons for not being around as much. But judges who are going to read through everything are in my opinion perferable.

darthgoober
Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been on in a while but my mom had to go to the hospital the other day so I've been spending time with her there. But she's checking out tomorrow(which is why I'm back on now), and I'm working on my next post right now. So if it's possible, I'd appreciate it if the judges would be good enough to refrain from voting until tomorrow evening, that way it gives bigbran and I time to make our case(I don't really know where bigbran's been cause I haven't talked to him in a couple of days, but he probably has a good reason too). I'll understand if the judges would rather just go ahead and vote at midnight(after all, we DID agree to the timetable), I just thought I'd ask.

DigiMark007
My best wishes to your mom goober, and I'd extend the same request to the judges to hold off until the end (if we have judges yet, that is).

darthgoober
Originally posted by DigiMark007
My best wishes to your mom goober, and I'd extend the same request to the judges to hold off until the end (if we have judges yet, that is).
Cool, thanks Digi. smile I'm working on my post right now, and I plan on putting it up before I go to bed. I might even make 2 or 3 post(if I can't sleep tonight that is), cause that hospital was boring as Hell when my mom was asleep and I had nothing better to do than to go over our match.

Back to work....

Scoobless
Post #4 - Space Phantom/Thor

Basically just a recap.

Soul link = shared experience.

Power cosmic transfer = Warlock/Surfer & Thor/Firelord combined powersets.

Space Phantom becomes Sentry.

Anti-metal covered surfboards for everyone = any metallic people on their team (and there are at least 2) being pwned

Sentry >> Absorbing Man:

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1267/sentry17yt.th.jpg http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5696/sentry25sy.th.jpg

Thor/Firelord >> Despero:

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/8844/burning1ob6.th.jpg http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/944/burning2yc9.th.jpg

Sentry could probably produce enough heat to fry Despero as well.

Super Adaptoid = owned by anti-metal.

_________

That covers pretty much everything.

erm

There's really no way for our team to lose to these guys.

http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/8240/punch2qt1.th.jpg

darthgoober

darthgoober

DigiMark007

Scoobless

Scoobless
Post #6 - Space Phantom/Thor (Final Post)

Well, Digi and I have backed up every aspect of our prep/battle plan with some pretty decent scannage.

Bran/Goober's prep had half their team becoming metallic while our guys armed themselves with metal dissolving weapons.

We enhanced our strengths, patched over our flaws and exploited our enemies weaknesses.

Nothing left to say except good luck to everyone involved and to say thanks to the judges as I'm sure they have carefully read through every single post made here.

big grin

your guys start crying and run home to tell their mommas.

http://img400.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crybabyss1.jpg

stick out tongue

Had to be reposted.

evil face

DigiMark007
Digi Post #7

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/9453/warlockbadag2.th.jpg

By my watch, the match ends in a few minutes.

So.

Nice match guys, regardless of how it turns out.

darthgoober
Digi Post #6

Characters: Warlock and Thor

We never argued that he couldn't "hold" more than 1 at a time. It's the use of them. And if you're only using one power a at a time, Adaptoid's screwed. Hell, we wouldn't even need our power sharing....even though we have it ( wink ).

So yeah, you'll need lots of simultaneous powers to hang with us. And he can't.

Oh, and he's still doing stuff with metal (and is he made of metal parts?). Either way, anti-metal boards = a quick death for Adaptoid.

My point exactly. He's only using 1....it doesn't matter how many he can hold if you can't use them in conjunction with one another.Digi I'm sorry but I think you have things mixed up about the Super Adaptoid's powers. He's limited by his number of characters not his number of powers.

Here he is using Spiderman's agility, jumping, AND webs simaltaniously.
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/791/twopowersuq2.jpg

Here he is using simaltanious flight AND energy blast(from Ironman I'm assuming).
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2752/2powersxk1.jpg

Once again, all you have is Loki's explanation. All of Asgard didn't understand when Loki tried to tell them the same thing. So why would Creel?

Also, there's never a fight where Creel displays this supposed power. You have no proof that he'll have any idea what he's doing.]
Yes there was, he assumed the properties of a math equation that was able to negate the powers of the Scarlet Witch. How do you figure he was able to actually touch a math equation in order to take on it's properties?
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/6308/sprobabilitykb1.jpg

...because? We've shown his weakness, and we have Firelord's power exploting that weakness..
Despero didn't have that weakness when he recreated the Flame on Earth. And I think your forgetting that this particular Despero's power is also in possession of his own set of Nega Bands.
http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/...marvelgnet7.jpg

Two things:
1. Anti-metal will deal with EXAM (or Sentry, but that's Scoob's territory).
2. And no, it's not banned, given the nature of AM's powers it's completely acceptable. Matter transmutation is his power...it's simply all internally based. Just think of it as us turning his power against him. Besides, I already ran it by BD...it's not viable for anyone else, but it is for EXAM because of this
Oh ok(though I do feel that I should have been told if there was going to be a rule change for my character).
Anyway, so what examples do you have of of one of your characters using someone's power against them like that, since thats what it is? Regualar transmutation shouldn't work, because he retains his consciousness no matter what his form, and he would be able to turn back at will.

No offense taken. smile

But are we really doing this again? What I don't get to here, I'm sure I answered on page 1...judges, please refer to that as well.
Tell you what, since we've both made our arguments clear regarding our stances on the soul link, Warlock's being"Undetectable and so forth, I'll just leave it to the judges to determine who's assessment seems more accurate(I'm running out of time anyway).

Invisibility/Undetectible:
- Goober cites Magus and Goddess, but even though they were a part of Warlock, they're seperate entities....it's using someone else's showings to debate against another. It doesn't make sense.
But the fact is that Order and Chaos confirm that they both share that status with him.
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/3383/goddesswarlockre7.jpg

Once again, I showed the scans, and provided examples. All they have is speculation and vague showings that are, at best, loosely related to my point.
Well this is something that we'll have to let the judges decide, because I feel that Cosmic Awareness working against the Magus, Mar-Vell being able to actually sense Warlock with his own cosmic awareness, etc. all fall under the heading of valuable evidence.

Post #5 - Space Phantom/Thor

Adaptoid never once showed any level of competence with the Nega bands .... in fact he only copied them for 2 or 3 panels before he was pwned and he's never used them since.
It pretty been established that Adaptoid gets the full range of abilities of the duplicated person. He picks up powers, attributes, skills, etc.

Post #5 - Space Phantom/Thor

Regardless of his form/powers, he is still a robot .... The Nega bands do not stop every form of energy from getting through to the wearer or else every wearer of them would be blind, deaf and frozen.
The Nega Bands stopped everything that Reed and Strange tried, maybe they just smart enough to let sunlight in.

In regards to the rest...

Despero has been amped up to an unbelievable level(and has an abundance of energy manipulation/absorbtion powers), and is not going to go down to Thor(who if you want to talk about low showings, has a hard time with Mongoose, and knocked out by a bullet).

Super Adaptoid will be copying the powers of the ENHACED Despero. That means that he'll also begetting the powers of the Nega Bands, EX AM, etc. But since it's still only a singe powerful form, he won't short circut.

Again, him copying an evolved cosmic cube...
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/6651/cubewz4.jpg

Warlock has retained almost none of the knowldge he possessed when he had the IG, and assuming that he'll remember Stardust is absurd.

And I have a question regarding Sentry/Thor. Wasn't Thor under the effects of some kind of mental effect that blocked Sentry from his memory when he was last seen at a level that was below Skyfather(I thought I had heard that somewhere, but I may be mistaken)? Cause if so, that means that Sentry wouldn't even be present and Super Adaptoid would just be fighting Space Phantom which=death to Phantom.

And ANY of our characters can assume any nuber of forms to deal with the Anti Metal.

Thanks everyone for a good match.

DigiMark007
Well, in lieu of BD, I'm going to say "match over". Anything after this that pertains to the battle, I'll edit out...because I have a few minutes after midnight right now.

Good match boys. And good luck to the judges...it was slower-paced than our match last week, so at least there isn't as much to read through.

smile

Scoobless
Did you deliberately wait until the last second to post that so that we wouldn't be able to respond in time? ... seems pretty cheap.

erm

DigiMark007
Did you deliberately wait until the last second to post that so that we wouldn't be able to respond in time? ... seems pretty cheap.

erm

...meh. It's a viable tactic, given the rules of the battle. I don't remember anyone doing it in a match, but they've done it with last-second draft pick changes and such. Just browsing over it, it doesn't look like there's much we didn't respond to at some point anyway....so regardless of who gets the last post, I think the judges will be able to see our thoughts on everything.

darthgoober

erm
Dude I honestly didn't. I'm alone with my son and I was trying to put him to bed until about a half an hour ago. I was having to type my ass off just to finish responding in time. Sorry if it seems like I was trying to pull a cheap trick or something like that, but I honestly wasn't.(And if someone would like to clarify the question of the Thor/Sentry connection I certainly wouldn't mind. I honestly don't remember if that's was exactly what I heard, and I don't want any judges that may be unfamiliar with Sentry to vote against you guys just for that one piece of information.

Scoobless
You have a son? ... no expression

Does he have any idea who the Absorbing Man is?

smile

darthgoober
You have a son? ... no expression

Does he have any idea who the Absorbing Man is?

smile
laughing I don't think so(he's three).

Scoobless
Never too young to get him hooked on comics.

big grin

darthgoober
Never too young to get him hooked on comics.

big grin
Hey if you want to let him take a look at YOUR comics thats fine with me. But that boy spends to much time with his hands covered in candy residue for me to want to risk it. big grin

ExtraMision5555
Its gona take a while for me to compute.
One thing though, I belive Digi was correct in assumeing that Adam Warlock could successfully step outside of reality

one thing ide like to bring up

This would make sense except for the fact that she was using the powers of the C.C

to make an analigy (which im horrible at)

if we lived in a more mythical society

it would be akin to someone being completely invisible, but holdeing a weapon (which would share no properties of invisibility with them, or at the minimum, the effect of fireing the gun would not share invisibility)

clearly, you are going to see a gun floating in mid air that someone is anonymously fireing

if that makes any sense.

Alone, she should have been able to do without paradise, but she was useing the cube, and thats quite a noisy instrument

DigiMark007
Thanks for the input Extra, and I'd agree, though I'd ask future comments to be kept to a minimum....only because I want to be fair to bran/goober.

smile

(unless you're a judge. You're not though, right?)

ExtraMision5555
Thanks for the input Extra, and I'd agree, though I'd ask future comments to be kept to a minimum....only because I want to be fair to bran/goober.

smile

Oh okay, bat told me to post my conclusion jhere? im still not completely sure where he wanted me to cast my vote since the poll is closed? but im ready to vote, anyways, ill clear it up with him. BTW its over right?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
Oh okay, bat told me to post my conclusion jhere? im still not completely sure where he wanted me to cast my vote since the poll is closed? but im ready to vote, anyways, ill clear it up with him. BTW its over right?

Yeah. And so are you a judge? Because ignore what I said if you are one...judges are free to post their comments/analyses/etc.

ExtraMision5555
Yeah. And so are you a judge? Because ignore what I said if you are one...judges are free to post their comments/analyses/etc.

Oh okay, yes, i am a judge
so its cool then? okay smile

ill post my opinion on the outcome when i formulate it
alot of info to digest

ExtraMision5555
allright
im going to have to go with digi and scoob

thier overall offense was a bit more explained in response to the other teams defense, which i dont feel was explaiend enough. alot of questionmarks were still in my mind.
(sorry for the short post, severe multitasking)

batdude123
Cool, and also LF pmed me her vote, and she decided to go with Digi and Scoobs as well.

DigiMark007
PM? Ok, cool. I'd love to hear her general thoughts about the fight as well...but either way's fine.

So:

Poll - Bran/Goober
ExtraMission - Digi/Scoob
Lethal - Scoob/Digi

LethalFemme
PM? Ok, cool. I'd love to hear her general thoughts about the fight as well...but either way's fine.

So:

Poll - Bran/Goober
ExtraMission - Digi/Scoob
Lethal - Scoob/Digi

Oh I just explained that I wasn't fully convinced of some of the others teams plans and with you guys collaboration of adding you characters together it kinda just blew the others out of the water.tongue12

xmarksthespot
I'm going to read over everything again and then give a vote. Sorry for the delay.

DigiMark007
No worries X. We're in no hurry.

smile

xmarksthespot
Okay. I read over the posts again (a while ago but I had stuff to do) and have deliberated.

First off, I'll say that I think both teams were very creative and persuasive in their initial write-ups. I liked bran/goober's plan - it made good use of the characters at their disposal in imaginative ways. However it seemed like Scoobs/Digi had basically prepared a stratagem tailor-made for countering anything in bran/goober's plans. Incredible foresight or dumb luck? Either way the manner in which their opening strategy shattered bran/goober's put their team in an unenviable position of being on the defensive from the get-go.

However it did seem the defense was largely based around trying to discredit the abilities. I would have liked to see them at least try and counter based on what was put forward, but it's understandable considering the opening posts. I feel that Digi/Scoobs did defend the reasoning behind their strategy well. And as both teams did rely on a degree of supposition, I allowed a bit of leeway on either side.

So overall I have to say I think Digi/Scoobs came out on top in this match and have to give my vote to them.

N.B. the fact that darthgoober had to do most all of the debate himself also probably didn't help - and I'd commend him on debating very well alone against two as versed as Scoobs and Digi.

LethalFemme
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
N.B. the fact that darthgoober had to do most all of the debate himself also probably didn't help - and I'd commend him on debating very well alone against two as versed as Scoobs and Digi.

Yeah I noticed that too.erm

ExtraMision5555
Okay. I read over the posts again (a while ago but I had stuff to do) and have deliberated.

First off, I'll say that I think both teams were very creative and persuasive in their initial write-ups. I liked bran/goober's plan - it made good use of the characters at their disposal in imaginative ways. However it seemed like Scoobs/Digi had basically prepared a stratagem tailor-made for countering anything in bran/goober's plans. Incredible foresight or dumb luck? Either way the manner in which their opening strategy shattered bran/goober's put their team in an unenviable position of being on the defensive from the get-go.

However it did seem the defense was largely based around trying to discredit the abilities. I would have liked to see them at least try and counter based on what was put forward, but it's understandable considering the opening posts. I feel that Digi/Scoobs did defend the reasoning behind their strategy well. And as both teams did rely on a degree of supposition, I allowed a bit of leeway on either side.

So overall I have to say I think Digi/Scoobs came out on top in this match and have to give my vote to them.

You shuold be my speaker or something
Lol

This is essentially what i was thinking, and ide say the ultimate decideing factor of this thread was:

I did the same, and with that said, Digi and scoob defended thier strategy very soundly, and perhaps protheticly it was indeed almost tailored for thier offense.

Thats basicly a better version than my vauge post above. And why i voted how i did.

Thankyou xmarks smile

DigiMark007
Thanks to all the judges. It's appreciated greatly guys....not just voting for us, but reading through everything and taking the time to make a reasoned opinion. thumb up

And good match to bran/goober. In my mind, you could have easily won this tourney. We prepped for you guys for an uber-long time, simply because your team is one of the hardest to plan for, and also among the most powerful.

Kudos on a good tourney showing.

SpunkySmurph
Bigbran made 1 post... no expression

bigbran
N.B. the fact that darthgoober had to do most all of the debate himself also probably didn't help - and I'd commend him on debating very well alone against two as versed as Scoobs and Digi. Ya, I know. Darth did well though...

I have had some problems, or I would have posted my retort.
I was actually going to take about a month or so off... but I came to congradualate Digi/Scoobs.

Also, sorry Darth about not posting more than once (wow???). I know you wanted to win, and I let you down.
I'll try to do better in my next tourney.
Well... I did shitty on this one (let myself down as well)...

Anyway, good luck in the final Digi and Scoobs. Hope you win this b*tch.

Badabing
I hope everything's okay Bran.

DigiMark007
Yeah, no hard feelings to bran. Hope everything turns out well.

...but yeah, goober did a great job, and my conversations with him in PMs only made me more impressed.

Martian_mind
Good Job Goober and Bran ...you were the third best team in the tourney...

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Good Job Goober...you were the third best team in the tourney...

lol. What happened to you guys being #2?

Martian_mind
we are number two...thats why i said they were the third best.....

bigbran
Originally posted by Badabing
I hope everything's okay Bran. Originally posted by DigiMark007
Yeah, no hard feelings to bran. Hope everything turns out well.

...but yeah, goober did a great job, and my conversations with him in PMs only made me more impressed. I'm a big boy... I'll be OK... just won't be on as much.
Love/family/personal... stuff like that.

Anyway, I personally think Darth is the best debator in this thing (no offense, or anything). He is certainly impressive, and he came up with the prep and battle plans. Who do you think picked our characters? I knew really nothing about AM/UX (just have the comics) to be honest... and I still have no god damn clue who SA is.
I would have went for Surfer...

Anyway, sorry to Darth, and good job to Digi/Scoobs again.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Martian_mind
we are number two...thats why i said they were the third best.....

As long as Scoob and I are #1.

wink

Originally posted by bigbran
Anyway, I personally think Darth is the best debator in this thing (no offense, or anything). He is certainly impressive, and he came up with the prep and battle plans. Who do you think picked our characters? I knew really nothing about AM/UX (just have the comics) to be honest... and I still have no god damn clue who SA is.
I would have went for Surfer...

Anyway, sorry to Darth, and good job to Digi/Scoobs again.

No offense taken. I won't openly refute the debating thing, because it probably depends on the circumstance. History is probably on Scoob's side, if anyone, just because of his past tourney wins. I like to think I'm just along for the ride. But I'd agree DG showed himself to be among the best so far.

darthgoober
First off let me say congratulation's to Digi and Scoobs. You guys are doing a Hell of a job, despite having a team that was initially considered to be one of least powerful in the tourney. That alone proves each of your skill as debaters. So thanks for the chance to test my mettle against you, and I'm hoping to go up against each of you again sometime in the future.

And bigbran don't sweat it. A bunch of crap was going on over here at my house to keep me away for most of the week(which is why I couldn't post much until the last day), so it's not like I can fault you for having to take care of it. And don't sell yourself short on what you contributed to our team either. I may have been the idea man for a lot of our stuff, but your input was invaluable in figuring out the details and deciding between two possible courses of action. So I'm still glad to have called you my partner and look forward to doing so again sometime.

Scoobless
Can you feel the love people?

smile

xmarksthespot
Can you feel the love people?

smile Feel it? Why you can almost taste it in the air.

Or so I'm told.

dodgy

Good luck to you guys in the finals. Remember, unmarked non-sequential small bills.

ExtraMision5555
Feel it? Why you can almost taste it in the air.

laughing laughing

very funny

and batdude, if you need me to judge in the future
time willing (and it usually is) i will happily make time to

Badabing
laughing laughing

very funny

and batdude, if you need me to judge in the future
time willing (and it usually is) i will happily make time to
What? You want to be The Judge? blink

stick out tongue

ExtraMision5555
What? You want to be The Judge? blink

stick out tongue

rofl

The Judge

the ultimate kmc member

"V"
rofl

The Judge

the ultimate kmc member

Stop. The judge does not understand sarcasm. Hilarity will ensue if you continue.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by "V"
Stop. The judge does not understand sarcasm. Hilarity will ensue if you continue.

laughing out loud

That's my cue to unpin this. Nice match guys.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by "V"

who said iw as kidding ? smile

how do you knwo i dont genuinely mean that?

darthgoober
Adaptoid never once showed any level of competence with the Nega bands .... in fact he only copied them for 2 or 3 panels before he was pwned and he's never used them since.

I don't really know why I felt the need to address this now, but I just thought I'd point something out...
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/7023/m2n107531cq5.th.jpg

Scoobless
hehehehehe ..... stick out tongue

leonidas
hehehehehe ..... stick out tongue

bastard . . .

stick out tongue

DigiMark007
Hey, the same freaking thing happened to us, with finding out about Space Phantom becoming Herc.

So I feel your pain and sympathize goober....but not too much.

stick out tongue

Badabing
Can we please let this topic die?
durfist

SpunkySmurph
durfist Maybe you shouldn't have bumped it 21 minutes later... ermmnone

Badabing
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Maybe you shouldn't have bumped it 21 minutes later... ermmnone Keep your flapping head out of this! durfist

Symmetric Chaos
durfist

Never!

Scoobless
Not a bump .... honest ..... whistling

SpunkySmurph
Keep your flapping head out of this! durfist Not after that insult. miffed

Badabing
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Never! Originally posted by Scoobless
Not a bump .... honest ..... whistling
I hate you guys. stick out tongue laughing
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Not after that insult. miffed Sorry. sad embarrasment cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.