other favorite actor...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

katelovespirate
So I am curious. I know most people on this site vote Johnny Depp as their fav. actor... if you had to pick another one, who would it be and why?

oh and sorry if i butchered spellings

katelovespirate
two words for my choice: Blood Diamond.

PirateDiva
hehe mine too!!! big grin

Gravitation
This should be over at the 'Movie Stars & Celebrities' forum. no expression

CaptainJacksLuv
i chose other,. coz i like heath ledger toowink on my locker at skool, i put mainly pics of johnnywink

willofthewisp
Gasp! Edward Norton! Someone else knows who he is! I'm also a Christian Bale fan. I still remember him from Little Women and Pocahontas and he grew into a "strappin" (cough, sexy, cough) young man.
My friend fell in love with him while watching Newsies.

Scottie
Edward Norton gets my vote

lovethemtigers
I'm so into Johnny right now, it's hard to imagine another fav...but I'm captainjacksluv...I like Heath Ledger..especially in a Knight's Tale and The Patriot....and 10 Things I Hate About You....that's why I've always said I think he could have been a viable replacement as Will Turner....

also, I like Kevin Bacon...

and I may sound stupid,..but who is Edward Norton?
I like Ben Affleck (in Pearl Harbor)
I don't really care for Leonardo DiCaprio...
I think Jude Law is sexy and the dude that played Anakin in Star Wars (Christopher ???)..he was nice to look at...easy on the eyes....

Scottie
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
I'm so into Johnny right now, it's hard to imagine another fav...but I'm captainjacksluv...I like Heath Ledger..especially in a Knight's Tale and The Patriot....and 10 Things I Hate About You....that's why I've always said I think he could have been a viable replacement as Will Turner....

I think Jude Law is sexy and the dude that played Anakin in Star Wars (Christopher ???)..he was nice to look at...easy on the eyes.... he was in Fight Club and The Italian Job and American History X and some other fantastic movies

the one on the left
http://static.flickr.com/30/51810306_4a94288a70_m.jpg

katelovespirate
sheesh, how did I forget Christian Bale? Bad Kate! lol. And Jude Law too. Wow.

lovethemtigers
oh yeah...i knew there was someone else...I love Keanu Reeves..he's very handsome in "Point Break" and I love him in "The Replacements"....he's probably the sexiest and handsomest man in my book, behind Johnny, of course...But johnny is so far ahead of everyone else....JOhnny is like no. 1 and Keanu is like 20 and the rest fall in behind that...

pyratequeen
Joaquin phoenix is so ****ing hot!!!!!!!!!!! I completely loved him in glaiator, even though he is a little creepy. I also like the guy who palyed dracula in Van Helsing. Anyone know his name?

Hambah
I like Billy Crystal.

IheartPocky

I think Jude Law is sexy and the dude that played Anakin in Star Wars (Christopher ???)..he was nice to look at...easy on the eyes....

(Hayden Christensen) smile

Hmm Cillian Murphy. He is so good at playing the evil guy smile

I like Ewan Mcgregor alot though. I should've picked him. darn. Ewan was my first love love Very cute in The Phantom Menace happy But, He is a good actor too!

I love Jude Law too. For his looks mostly. I don't even know if I've seen one of his movies.. Oh. I did see Sky Captain.. blech.

I've only seen Edward Norton in Fight Club and he was very good.

Oh! Jared Leto. I like him love He's the one in my avatar. I haven't seen many of his movies.. well.. any at all.. but I have seen him in My So Called Life. He's a great actor ( I have seen clips of his movies!).. and he sings really good too smile

Okay. That's the end of my rambling big grin

PirateDiva
John Travolta!!! Love him!!

willofthewisp
Someone mentioned Kevin Bacon. He's good. Watch Stir of Echoes if you don't believe me.

lovethemtigers
I was the one who mentioned Kevin...He is very good at being evil..I always wanted to see him in a romantic lead with a hot love scene...but he never really did that..I like him in "He Said, She Said"...very cute movie and Appolo 13....

lovethemtigers
Kevin Bacon is also really good in Hollow Man and he is awesome in The River Wild with Meryl Streep..and of course one of his first lead roles....Footloose (very young)....

willofthewisp
He is a very loving husband in Stir of Echoes, lovethemtigers. It's a wonderful performance.

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by IheartPocky
(Hayden Christensen) smile

Hmm Cillian Murphy. He is so good at playing the evil guy smile

I like Ewan Mcgregor alot though. I should've picked him. darn. Ewan was my first love love Very cute in The Phantom Menace happy But, He is a good actor too!

I love Jude Law too. For his looks mostly. I don't even know if I've seen one of his movies.. Oh. I did see Sky Captain.. blech.

I've only seen Edward Norton in Fight Club and he was very good.

Oh! Jared Leto. I like him love He's the one in my avatar. I haven't seen many of his movies.. well.. any at all.. but I have seen him in My So Called Life. He's a great actor ( I have seen clips of his movies!).. and he sings really good too smile

Okay. That's the end of my rambling big grin

Me too...I mentioned Jude Law...for his looks..I've never seen him in action....

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by PirateDiva
John Travolta!!! Love him!!

John Travolta..I love him, he is a sentimental favorite of mine...Love him As Danny Zuko in Grease.....

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by pyratequeen
Joaquin phoenix is so ****ing hot!!!!!!!!!!! I completely loved him in glaiator, even though he is a little creepy. I also like the guy who palyed dracula in Van Helsing. Anyone know his name?

I love Joaquin in "Walk the Line"...the Johnny Cash story...he is very sexy....(although Johnny Cash wasn't, really)...but yeah...he's pretty hot and sexy...in a rough around the edges kind of way....

lovethemtigers
Hey...not an actor...but do any of you girls think TOm Brady...the New England Patriots QB is handsome and sexy? I do....I am a sucker for athletes, actually....

lovethemtigers
have any of you seen that Grease Reality show "you're the one that I want?"...anyways I was reading about some of the finalist...and guess what...five of the finalist named Johnny Depp as their favorite actor...only saw Orlando mentioned once...I think Jude Law was mentioned...and some older actors...but Johnny was the one mentioned the most...

willofthewisp
Because Johnny is an actor's actor, if that makes sense. There are "actors" who are just celebrities like Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt and so many others. I'm not a fan of celebrities at all. J-Lo? But Johnny Depp seems to put himself into his roles more and concentrates more on the acting than all the hype.

siriuswriter
I'm an oddball, Cary Grant's my favorite actor... but then I'm an old movie nerd. big grin

tee_pirategirl
I LOVE John Travolto, Jauquin Phoenix(walk the line?) and keifer sutherland(24) but Leo won my vote with blood diamond and the departed. he's right after Johnny on my list but never forget I LOVE johnny LOL! seriousely though i really like leo in the acting department.

fridayN
katelovespirate
If not Johnny Depp... haha... Why there's no any other name from POTC cast in your list? wink

Jack Davenport.
And that's why I vote "other".

-savvychick-
i voted dicaprio...i've got a lil' thing goin for him right now after blood diamond...he made me cry...lol..but johnny's still definately at my top big grin

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by willofthewisp
He is a very loving husband in Stir of Echoes, lovethemtigers. It's a wonderful performance.

Oh...I've never seen that...I'll have to rent it..thanks for the tip...I love him....him and Kyra Sydewick make a beautiful couple...

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by fridayN
katelovespirate
If not Johnny Depp... haha... Why there's no any other name from POTC cast in your list? wink

Jack Davenport.
And that's why I vote "other".

Yeah..I'll vote for Jack Davenport...I really honestly like him.....

lovethemtigers
Because Johnny is an actor's actor, if that makes sense. There are "actors" who are just celebrities like Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt and so many others. I'm not a fan of celebrities at all. J-Lo? But Johnny Depp seems to put himself into his roles more and concentrates more on the acting than all the hype.

I agree with you...I mentioned other actors that I like...but I just enjoy watching their movies...I've never really been a celebrity freak..so to speak...I've never been into buying People magazine...or watching E! to hear about the stars...I don't really watch all those awards show...I've never kept up with their personal lives ...until Johnny.....

He's the first celebrity to really catch my attention and make me want to know everything about him...and go out and get every movie he's ever been in....

yeah...like Brad Pitt, Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Jennifer Ainston, J-Lo, all of them seem to be in every magazine on every shelf every month of the year...but Johnny...you really have to dig and wait to see him...I like that about him...he's emensly loved by his fans and so popular...yet, he's very secluded...and doesn't show off his lifestyle to the Paparazi, etc....the J-Lo - Ben Affleck story drove me crazy....and all this Jessica Simpson and Brittany spears crap...who cares what's going on with them every second of the day anyways....uugghh

Chiki Mina
You should've added Geoffrey Rush!! big grin

katelovespirate
i heart Geoffrey Rush... wink

Chiki Mina
Geoffrey Rush

Christopher Walken

Steve Buscemi

John Travolta

Matt Damon

Tom Hanks

Andy Garcia

Sean Connery

Henry Ford

Will Smith

Denzel Washington

Marc Anthony

Dakota Fanning

Tom Cruise

Bruce Willis

Benicio Del Toro

Jack Black

Omg..so many big grin

ivebeendepped43

I think Jude Law is sexy and the dude that played Anakin in Star Wars (Christopher ???)..he was nice to look at...easy on the eyes.... i cant imagine my next fav actor, cuz Johnny's so important 2 me. i really cant think of one

Rampant ox
Hmmmm despite the fact Christopher Lee takes the top ten places, I would have to say either Peter Cushing (RIP) or Robin Williams. Both icons in their respective genre I feel.

Leggy_n_Merry
Originally posted by pyratequeen

That's Richard Roxburgh. I like him too he's cool. He's not really one of my favourite actors or anything though.

I picked Leonardo DiCaprio. He's amazing in Blood Diamond, The Departed, The Aviator and Catch Me If You Can in particular. All of his main films are in my favourite films; the ones I just mentioned and William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet, Gangs of New York, Titanic and The Man in the Iron Mask. I haven't seen anymore but I had What's Eating Gilbert Grape? for my birthday yay!

I know exactly what you mean. A lot of actors I say I like I don't actually like for their acting skills (e.g. Orlando Bloom). I don't just think he's "hot" though, it's something about just watching him. I can't explain what I mean haha. There's some actors that I might not even think are "hot" that are not amazing at acting but aren't crap or anything that I love, I think it's just their presence I like, if you know what I mean. And yeah Johnny Depp is definitely an actor I like for his acting. Also Leonardo as I said, Christian Bale, Ewan McGregor, Kate Winslet (I know she's female and your poll is only males but whatever lol), Mark Wahlberg, Edward Norton was great in Fight Club but I haven't seen any other of his films. I have American History X on DVD now though. Umm who else? I think Jake Gyllenhaal is quite good too. Oh and Paul Bettany he's great. Oooh and Joaquin Phoenix, I forgot to say him even though he was on the list. And Tom Hanks of course.

Edit: Haha just realised it was quite obvious I was going to vote for Leonardo seeing as he's in my avatar and my signature.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.