Rachel McAdams in Dark Knight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordofwar
The super-sexy Wedding Crashers star will replace Katie Holmes.

Rachel McAdams (Mean Girls, Red Eye, Wedding Crashers) has reportedly replaced Katie Holmes in The Dark Knight, Chris Nolan's sequel to Batman Begins.

McAdams will take over the role of Assistant D.A. Rachel Dawes. She reportedly turned down the role of Pepper Potts in Iron Man. That job went to Gwyneth Paltrow.

nimbus006
NIIICE!! Rachel McAdams is much finer and a much better actress than Katie Holmes. Good call! The only thing is why is she taking over the same character. Kinda weird having a different actress playing the same role.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by lordofwar
The super-sexy Wedding Crashers star will replace Katie Holmes.

Rachel McAdams (Mean Girls, Red Eye, Wedding Crashers) has reportedly replaced Katie Holmes in The Dark Knight, Chris Nolan's sequel to Batman Begins.

McAdams will take over the role of Assistant D.A. Rachel Dawes. She reportedly turned down the role of Pepper Potts in Iron Man. That job went to Gwyneth Paltrow.

source?

Link?

I haven't seen that story anywhere else but here.

Superguy
THis had better not be one of those random made up thingys... so, got a link?

smiley8
Originally posted by nimbus006
Kinda weird having a different actress playing the same role.

Hmm......different actors playing the same role........keaton, kilmer & bale......that was REALLY weird!!!! stick out tongue

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by nimbus006
NIIICE!! Rachel McAdams is much finer and a much better actress than Katie Holmes. Good call! The only thing is why is she taking over the same character. Kinda weird having a different actress playing the same role.

Kateie Holmes was fired. Pure and simple. Rachel McAdams is hot and can act. Don't know hoe to get a link. Someone show me how?

guy222
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Kateie Holmes was fired. Pure and simple. Rachel McAdams is hot and can act. Don't know hoe to get a link. Someone show me how?

Preach. Listen to the lord. Katie is an idiot. She is mind controlled by a man who can't have kids laughing out loud

Altar[1stONE]
Is that the same chick from the note book? Man if it is, i cant stand her, shes not hot. Shes sorta dorky in a kristin dunst way, and has a horse face like hillary skank or the main dame from sex and the city. I personally prefer multi slaps katie holmes.

LORDSIDIOUS01
She is hot

NoFate007
I don't see the point in bringing Rachel Dawes back unless she gets killed by The Joker.

sithsaber408
And she will.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by NoFate007
I don't see the point in bringing Rachel Dawes back unless she gets killed by The Joker.

Can't wait until the character dies on film.

Silverstein
Rachel McAdams is NOT replacing her.

Rachel McAdams as Rachel Dawes has not been confirmed, the idea of her playing Dawes is from SuperHeroHype - a poll saying:

"Now that Katie Holmes is out, who should play Rachel Dawes in "The Dark Knight"?
Alexis Bledel
Bridget Moynahan
Emily Blunt
Jennifer Connelly
Julia Stiles
Maggie Gyllenhaal
Natalie Portman
Rachel McAdams
Rose Byrne
Sarah Michelle Gellar
Scarlett Johansson
Zooey Deschanel

and apparently most people that go to ssh voted for rachel mcadams

and i definately do not want to see ms. 'receeding hairline' mcadams in dark night.

nimbus006
Originally posted by smiley8
Hmm......different actors playing the same role........keaton, kilmer & bale......that was REALLY weird!!!! stick out tongue

They were all different installments of the character though. None of them were sequals of each other. Except maybe Batman Forever and Batman and Robin, which i think we can agree was a terrible idea. This a continuos story with same characters. Kind of like Sonya being played by a completely different woman in MK Annihilation. I thought that was weird. You see what im tryng to say?

darktim1
If that's true then she'll be great for the role. Can't wait to see what she going to bring to the table.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Emily Blunt has been rumored to replace Katie Holmes.

lorddreamer
I say she has one scene, in which she gets killed, giving Bats a really good reason to want to kill Joker. That would lead to him deciding wether or not to kill... That wasnt explored so much last time. She was a huge waste of time in Begins. They could have gotten a freind to do everything she did. That would even create the possibility for a nice segway later.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by lorddreamer
I say she has one scene, in which she gets killed, giving Bats a really good reason to want to kill Joker. That would lead to him deciding wether or not to kill... That wasnt explored so much last time. She was a huge waste of time in Begins. They could have gotten a freind to do everything she did. That would even create the possibility for a nice segway later.

Doesn't even make sense to someone portray this character. I think what they should do is have her killed offscreen.

Superguy
If they TOTALLY ignore the character in TDK, I will be pissed... if you bring in a key character, don't just toss them aside and ignore them for the sequel. It's bloody idiotic...

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Superguy
If they TOTALLY ignore the character in TDK, I will be pissed... if you bring in a key character, don't just toss them aside and ignore them for the sequel. It's bloody idiotic...

Not really, it has been done before in other films. Besides why even have the character of Rachel Dawes in the film.?

Silverstein
^idiot

guy222
Originally posted by Silverstein
^idiot

Sidious makes a valid point. With the new rules, don't name call.

WrathfulDwarf
No name calling.

Anywhoo...I wish Rachel Weisz would look good in the sequel.

Darth Jello
rachel dawes' story should end with batman begins. Better idea for this replacement character-Andrea Beaumont. Even tho she is a ripoff of Mr. Fear, can you imagine how awesome the third batman movie/trial of the joker will be if the Phantasm is involved? Btw, Heather Graham or Sarah Silverman would both make cool Harley Quinns.

EOWYN3
IMDB has Maggie Gyllenhaal listed as a "rumored" Rachel Dawes:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0468569/

atharpina
I kinda really wish that if they have rachel dawes back that the scarecrow is the one who gets to kill her. it would be so cool if rachel mcadams did end up playing her and they had cillian murphy as the scarecrow killing her.

finally "finishing the job"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.