Did God create Nature or Did Nature create God

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Who created Who

Symmetric Chaos
Nature created Man.

IMO Man created God.

Therefore Nature created God.

Atlantis001
If by nature you mean the manifested reality(the empirical world), then God created Nature.

If by nature you mean everything... then nature and God are the same thing.

Storm
The term God may not carry the same meaning to all of us engaged in the debate. Everyone seems to have their own definitions. Imo, debating is pointless unless we take the time to define what we or you, golem370, mean by God.

golem370
Well I believe Nature made components for life all animals including man and then man couldn't deal with being alone so they created somebody in their image aka God so they have an answer for where they came from.I mean they do it over and over agains with animals in movies they give them a human face the ability to speak and think outside their natural instincts so people can identify with them.

golem370
Well the answer is different by what you believe. There is as many gods out there as there are automobiles on the road. Who ever you believe in or have faith in

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by golem370
Well the answer is different by what you believe. There is as many gods out there as there are automobiles on the road. Who ever you believe in or have faith in

That doesn't really help.

I believe that God is just a word that people use for truth or meaning while others believe God is a literal entity.

golem370
Well not truth but faith

golem370
People answer by what they believe or your point of veiw.

golem370
Nature=Man=God so Nature=God. Man naturally came up with the concept of God

Atlantis001
Man also came up with the concept of nature.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Atlantis001
Man also came up with the concept of nature.

no expression

golem370
ditto

The Black Ghost
El confusee...

Why not just make the title "do you beleive in God or not?" thats the real question here.

Silverstein
i believe God created Nature. nature relating to elements of the earth.etc.

The earth came from the big bang, and the big bang had to be started by "the first mover". So if you trace it back to the source, God has to be there

there has to be something magical left in the world...

Shakyamunison
Who created Who

In the beginning man created god in his own image. cool

Atlantis001
Originally posted by Shakyamunison

and then, they said it was God who did it....

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Shakyamunison

Thats my line!

Humans are not particularly intelligent as species.

Mindship
God created nature via involution.

"According to integral theorists, the process by which the Divine manifests the cosmos is called involution. The process by which that which was created rises to higher states and states of consciousness is evolution. Involution is essentially up to the point of the Big Bang; evolution is from that point forward."
Involution is also happening instant to instant, far outside our threshold of perception.

And now back to our regularly scheduled program...
smokin'

Symmetric Chaos
Doesn't that just say that God did the really flashy part and then became so impotent that he had to let nature take over?

Mindship
I think the metaphor is that Nature is that part of God which is now fully asleep as to its true nature, whereas Man is half-awake.

Shakyamunison

Of course they did. No one would believe a man, so it had to be a god that said that. wink

golem370
Nature is everything including god. The Universe was doing quite well before Man and God came into existence

Regret
Nature created God in the sense that existence is. Thus God is in, a part of, nature if exists. Nature cannot be created, it just is.

Adam_PoE
Nature created people, and people created God, therefore nature created God.

TRH
Who created Who Man created god

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by TRH
Man created god

Good Answer.

Lord Urizen
Neither created the other

The concept of God is artificial, and does not exist in nature. God is man-made, not nature made.

Regret
Originally posted by Lord Urizen

The concept of God is artificial, and does not exist in nature. God is man-made, not nature made. laughing Man is a part of nature, he isn't unnatural.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Regret
laughing Man is a part of nature, he isn't unnatural.

God does not exist in nature was my point....God is a man-made concept. I am sure the idea of God has been influenced by nature, mythology proves this time and time again, but the idea of an all powerful, all ruling God is not a natural concept, because nothing in nature supports this.

Mythology is simply man's projections on nature, and not a part of nature itself.

lil bitchiness
If Nature created God, then Nature would be God.

But if there is a God, I believe its everything, including nature. So in a sense nature is God.

Lord Urizen
The difficult part is that Nature seems to have its own set of rules and exceptions. It is a mix of chaos and order. Did nature make its own rules, or does Nature have a designer ?

If Nature has a designer, than that designer is God.

Unless Nature has no real rules, and it is simply the human race who imposes our concept of rules on a natural course of patterns.

golem370
Originally posted by Lord Urizen

The concept of God is artificial, and does not exist in nature. God is man-made, not nature made.

God is a concept man came up with to make sense of life. I quote "I am like God, and God like me. I am as large as God, He is as small as I. He cannot above me, nor I beneath Him be. Selatius, 17th Century."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.