Kazuya Mishima vs. Terry Bogard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cloud_VII
Kazuya Mishima from Tekken, versus Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury

Discuss

TricksterPriest
Terry "POWAAAA GAY-ZER!"'s Kazuya to the moon. Even Devil isn't taking out the Lonely Wolf.

Remulous
Terry.B. Although Kazuya is still VERY Badass.

TricksterPriest
Agreed. He's the most badass character in Tekken. But he's not taking down Terry.

Cloud_VII
He can.

TricksterPriest
.........no way.

Remulous
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Agreed. He's the most badass character in Tekken. But he's not taking down Terry. Actually as far as bad as goes Kazuya is leagues above his Tekken peers. Kazuya is definitely in my top 10. But you are right, he wont be able to beat Terry.

Sado22
No....damn you cRoudO! making me choose between two of my MOST favorite characters in the world!sad

Kazuya's got the power people. Lets be clear about that. he also has the advantage of experience and a really badass moveset. he's also got a decent speed and good, nasty throws. with punches that can tear down 8foot robots with bulletproof armor into pieces, and then pick up one smack it into 5 other robots, break them, and then toss it at least 30 feet away into a giant buddha statue and shatter BOTH of them.....Kazuya really has the edge in the power department. Kazuya's been fighting since he was tossed off that cliff and by now he's 49 years old. Terry has 25 years of experience (assuming this is MOTW Terry versus T5 Kazy). Terry's got the speed, and the advantage of stamina having been able to outlast high and godtiers. experience is more or less equal experience between these two. Terry also has projectiles but like i've said over and over again, that means squat infront of people who take on and defeat firebreathing Ogres and lazer beam shooting demons with their BARE HANDS.
honestly this fight can go either way. Kazuya will definitely pound Terry around the whole place since he has some nasty power behind every punch and bad intentions too. if this fight is a timed, then i'll give it to Kazuya. but if one to the finish then it could go either way, as though Kazy edges cuz of power, moves and bad intentions, Terry's stamina has always done good for him against even worse competition.
For that sake, i'd say Terry CAN outlast Kazuya like he has outlasted Krauser, Geese, Grant etc. but i WILL NOT BE EASY.

~The Invincible Sado-sama

Major Snafu
Terry's gonna have to work for this win. Kazuya will make Terry wish he was fighting Geese Howard.

To make this battle more interesting, see how Terry would fare should his projectile attacks are banned.

Sado22
No. I told you projectiles don't mean much against people from Tekken.

~The Invincible Sado-sama

Cloud_VII
It's funny how TP and Remulous think Kazuya doesn't stand a chance..

Sado22
lota things funny around here. i hate how non SF or nonKoF people are bashed or underestimated. I'd like to see Ryu, Ken, Kyo, Iori etc do what Hachi and Kaz were doing to the jacks in T5 entry.

~The King oF Iron Fists Sado-sama

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Sado22
The King oF Iron Fists Sado-sama
Maybe that's why they can break through Jacks! blink

Remulous
WTF! I never said Kazuya would get beat to pulp with Terry having 1 hand tied behind his back. It would be a decent fight.

It's funny how Tekken and DOA fans assume just becuase a SF/KOF fan backs a SF/KOF character they automaticly assume the fan believes it's a one sided fight.

Geez, do I have to say it would be a good fight for you guys to know it's a good fight?

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Remulous
WTF! I never said Kazuya would get beat to pulp with Terry having 1 hand tied behind his back. It would be a decent fight.

It's funny how Tekken and DOA fans assume just becuase a SF/KOF fan backs a SF/KOF character they automaticly assume the fan believes it's a one sided fight.

Geez, do I have to say it would be a good fight for you guys to know it's a good fight? Originally posted by Remulous
Actually as far as bad as goes Kazuya is leagues above his Tekken peers. Kazuya is definitely in my top 10. But you are right, he wont be able to beat Terry.

TricksterPriest
Kaz will put up a decent fight, especially with projectiles banned. But in the end, he's just outclassed. It's a fact that DOA/Tekken is inferior to SF/KOF.

Remulous
I was agreeing to the fact that Terry would win not that Terry would send Kaz to the moon. So chillax.

Cloud_VII
Kaz will put up a decent fight, especially with projectiles banned. But in the end, he's just outclassed. It's a fact that DOA/Tekken is inferior to SF/KOF.
We're not comparing the entire SF and KOF cast to the Tekken cast now are we? No. Terry is a great fighter, and can definitely win this match, but I don't think he outclasses a person who can peirce metallic armor with a hand and send people back just by looking at them.

P-Geyser
I agree with the majority. Terry will mostly likely win, but he sure AS HELL will have his work cut out for him.

beta ray bob
horray! kazuya almost wins!! =D

Sado22
rubbish. Kaz can match any of the non-godtier characters of SF or KoF pound for pound. name one character from SF/KoF who can do what Kazy does...........heck name one person from SF/KoF who can tear off the top of a tank and toss it 30 feet away into people (notice how the person who does this in Tekken series is ONLY MID TIER).

dude, that so applies to all of us here. am i the only person who notices a steady bias against 3D fighters? TP says they are outclassed. did Cloud or me or any of the other 3D people say something like that...not to mention how TP conveniently avoids doing this debate with me. I've asked him and argued with him regarding this issue before but he always does an "ashura senpuu or whatever" and disappears.
I ask YOU? how and why are 3D fighters always conveniently outclassed?
you call me Ryu hater, but everytime at least i say why and go into detail. i didn't come out here syaing Terry pwns Kazuya without giving any reason and just claiming that 3D fighters are just pwned and outlcassed...*cough*TP*cough*

~The anti-3D discrimination Sado-sama

TricksterPriest
Minus ki, you'd be right. But the fact that Terry CAN make projectile blasts, speed forward on burn knuckle, etc, means that he is far stronger than Kazuya. Or didn't you figure out that an large outward display of ki means a person is stronger? Ki takes time, skill and ability to learn to use. And if a person can manifest that kind of outward and visible manifestation of ki, it means they are obviously stronger than a person who can't. Ki is LIFE ENERGY, meaning, it's an indicator of how much personal power a person has.

And Sado? The reason I've been avoiding the issue because about a month ago, a couple of guys did the same thing you and others are doing. Having fights with Tekken vs. SF. Except, like you guys, they failed to reckon that the two are in different weight classes, power-wise. I was one of a couple of people who argued in that debate, and then as now, I sided with SF.

and the word is Ashura Senkuu. stick out tongue

Sado22
well Kazuya and the gang in Tekken can also use Ki based moves, techinically speaking since we have the electricity thing going. Also lets talk of their physcial feets. you're saying 2D fighters are stronger cuz they can perform ki moves, and you may very well be right, however, the fact of the matter remains that when it comes to physical strength and feets the peeople of Tekken have done and shown better. Aside from Ryu picking up that rock in SF33rdstrike (which was curtosy Oro) no one (in the non-godtier list) has peformed feets like the people of Tekken. also Devil Jin, Ogre, Devil etc. peform ki moves and those moves have shown MUCH destructive power than the SF or KoF gang. Devil Jin who only had a part of Devil in him was able to wreck a whole forest. however, they were all beaten by human beings. People like Heihachi can beat things like Devil, Jin beat Ogre whose light punch blew up a helicopter, and possibly Kazuya beat Jinpachi who literally is capable of destroying the world. not one character of SF or KoF can do all that. heck i don't know any character who can jump off a sky scraper with a bike. Xiao is a little girl but she held her own against people with guns and is capable of kicking people really high in the air or blasting them far......and she's only low or midtier. these are really inhuman feets you know. you are right that ki does mean something but it doesn't mean a match shifter nor does it mean they are stronger. the fact that Tekken characters can do literally inhuman feet tips the scale in their favor. When was the last time a body blow from the regular KoF or SF cast sent people flying or rolling 20 feet away? when was the last time the regular cast of Kof or SF could shatter a humansized boulder to bits? never.

shoosh! mad
big grin

~The Supreme Master of Spamming Sado-sama

Cloud_VII
Marduk can rip apart wrestling ring ropes with his bare hands...

Remulous

you call me Ryu hater, Are you suggesting that you are not? You get so hostile as if I insulted you. There is nothing wrong with that. You just hate Ryu, I hate Nintendo and Ryo. When I call you a Ryu hater you should be like "Sure am".Originally posted by Sado22
dude, that so applies to all of us here. am i the only person who notices a steady bias against 3D fighters? TP says they are outclassed. did Cloud or me or any of the other 3D people say something like that...not to mention how TP conveniently avoids doing this debate with me. I've asked him and argued with him regarding this issue before but he always does an "ashura senpuu or whatever" and disappears.
I ask YOU? how and why are 3D fighters always conveniently outclassed? everytime at least i say why and go into detail. i didn't come out here syaing Terry pwns Kazuya without giving any reason and just claiming that 3D fighters are just pwned and outlcassed...*cough*TP*cough*

~The anti-3D discrimination Sado-sama

You 3d lovers are always hostile. And ready to argue over the tiniest things instead of debating over what counts. For instence, A thread can be made with a 2d fighter vs a 3d fighter, If I were to say I think the 2d fighter would win, you guys automaticly think that I think it's a curbstomp. I say Terry would win beause even though Kaz took the roof of a tank, Terry took off the roof of a buiding. Has anyone ever seen the Power Stream attack? Even though Terry can't use chi in this match the power he weilds with the chi attacks is still in him. Kazuya got beat by Hach, Hach can't beat Geese, yet Terry beat Geese. That is my beleif.

Do I really need to go into why Geese will beat Hach especialy if he has the Jin Scrolls? Being knowledgable of both Tekken and Fatal Fury, you should already know why Geese will win.

Superboy Prime
Kazuya can easily low parry Terry's pathetic projectile blasts.

Kazuya has enough force to seriously hurt Terry.

Burn Knuckles doesn't mean Terry's stronger than Kazuya. What made you come up with that?

Kazuya has lots of endurance, and it will take a beating of hellish proportions to take him out.

I am undecided though, but I have to comment that Kazuya is a nice match for Terry. That is of course if Kazuya isn't jobbing like he usually does.

StyleTime
I don't think it's impossible for Kazuya to win. He probably won't take a majority though.

Sado22
dude how can i "hate" ryu when he's on number 10 on my top ten list? what's wrong with you?sad
and whose hostile here, dude? me? come on...get serious (no terry puns intended). i just don't put him above certain characters that is all.

no one's hostile mang. i didn't even blame you for saying terry would curbstomp terry. that was cRoudO. also Kazy didn't take the roof off a building it was bryan fury. and terry ddin't take the top off the building either unless you're considering a non-canon anime. also if you wanna talk about chi...the way i see it, the people in tekken can blast people away with even some basic punches. kazuya sends people literally flying with just a right uppercut. that's some power. when was the last time ryu, terry, kyo or anyone sent people flying with a basic uppercut anyway?

do i need to tell you that Hachi beat a demon that shoots lazer beams that even in a weaker version (Devil Jin) can literally turn a lush green forest into a wasteland? Hachi beat him with his barehands! Not to mention how Devil can even fly. Geese can't fly the last time i checked...unless his huge pajamas can act as a parachute big grin

Sado: SHORYA!!!!

~The King of Iron Fists Sado-sama

beta ray bob
HORAYYYY!! KAZUYA BEATS ANOTHER!!(possibly)

Cloud_VII
Geese can't fly the last time i checked...unless his huge pajamas can act as a parachute big grin
LMAO

Ignore TricksterPriest he's just biased against 3-D fighters.

beta ray bob
3-d fighters kick the ass!!, i hated king of fighters,until king of fighters 2006.

Remulous

no one's hostile mang. i didn't even blame you for saying terry would curbstomp terry. that was cRoudO. also Kazy didn't take the roof off a building it was bryan fury. and terry ddin't take the top off the building either unless you're considering a non-canon anime. also if you wanna talk about chi...the way i see it, the people in tekken can blast people away with even some basic punches. kazuya sends people literally flying with just a right uppercut. that's some power. when was the last time ryu, terry, kyo or anyone sent people flying with a basic uppercut anyway? The movies may be none canon but it shows how they fight and howstrong they are outside of the video games. Terry and the 2d gang send people flying al the time. Also, you have to ask your self, how often do Terry and the gang fight flunkies and not the main enemy, unlike tekken who makes the character fight a gang of nobodies like it's Final Fight or something. Also Ryu, Terry, Kyo don't just send people flying, they usually mutilate or completely obliterate them.

do i need to tell you that Hachi beat a demon that shoots lazer beams that even in a weaker version (Devil Jin) can literally turn a lush green forest into a wasteland? Hachi beat him with his barehands! Not to mention how Devil can even fly. Geese can't fly the last time i checked Devil may shoot out lasers but Geese fires Reppukens and Raiging Storms. For 1 thing that "lush green forest" wasn't even that big. And flying isn't every thing, Bison can fly and he got murdered by a guy who couldn't fly.Originally posted by Sado22
unless his huge pajamas can act as a parachute big grin laughing

GO BEARS!!!

beta ray bob
*kazuya punches the metal plate on terry's hat and breaks a finger*

P-Geyser
Originally posted by beta ray bob
*kazuya punches the metal plate on terry's hat and breaks a finger*

laughing laughing

Sado22
laughing
but i'm kinda worried about what's left of Terry's head? sad

~The Iron Fist Sado-sama

TricksterPriest
Nah, here's what'll happen. And this scene happened twice in the Fatal Fury movies. Which isn't canon, but it's exactly what Terry would do IMO. Terry took a sock to the jaw. stands there and takes the punch. doesn't turn away from it. He then turns and looks at the person, grins, and then decks them. That's what'll happen to Kazuya. That one punch will seriously unnerve Kazuya. Terry's jaw may hurt abit, but the psychological warfare of doing that will psyche Kazuya out a little. It'll be a a decent fight, but more for Kaz putting up a good fight against ludicrous odds.

This thread is a joke. Superboy Prime, Sado and Cloud are proving their lack of logical facilities and their wanking of Tekken is getting rediculous. It's not prejudice against 3D, it's recoqnizing that most 3D fighters are weaker than their 2D counterparts, simply because of the use of ki. Very few 3D games use outward displays of ki or have the outrageous power of 2D games. This is an established pattern. To say otherwise is to ignore the facts.

I'm pming Darkstorm, this is his area of arguing.

Cloud_VII
So you're basically saying that since Superman doesn't have ki attacks...someone like Akuma is stronger than him? laughing

TricksterPriest
What are you, ignorant? Superman's entire body is loaded with solar energy. Think about it. He absorbs solar energy, it manifests as an invisible field around his body. Some versions could actually manifest it as visible, like the Eradicator.

So in essence, Superman is a living solar battery, or rather a solar ki battery. stick out tongue

brainchild81
As much as I like Kazuya & as much as I'd like for Kazuya to beat the living sh*t outta Terry, Terry still wins IMO sad

Cloud_VII
What are you, ignorant? Superman's entire body is loaded with solar energy. Think about it. He absorbs solar energy, it manifests as an invisible field around his body. Some versions could actually manifest it as visible, like the Eradicator.

So in essence, Superman is a living solar battery, or rather a solar ki battery. stick out tongue
It looks like you're the one who's ignorant, since Kazuya and even the entire Mishima family have energy flowing through them. You were saying that characters who don't have ki attacks are weaker than the ones who do. In Tekken, when any of the Mishimas are doing their special moves, their bodies are covered with electricity. Not only that, Heihachi can block a sword with his hand, and can take a massive explosion and still be intact afterwards. Also, Kazuya's power is Devil's power. In his Devil form, he can shoot beams. Bottom line is, characters who use ki attacks aren't neccessarily stronger that the ones who don't.

Cloud doesn't have ki attacks...but I know someone like Ryu isn't capable of beating him.

TricksterPriest
........I'm not dignifying that post with a response.

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Cloud_VII
Bottom line is, characters who use ki attacks aren't neccessarily stronger that the ones who don't.

Sado22
watching the 2D fan wankfest got disgusting ages ago. logical arguments...a certain someone comes around here and tells you that since they don't have ki they are weaker is logical? okay it may mean something but like i said before when was the last time 2D fighters did in game with basic moves what 3D fighters do? when was the last time a straight of hook by Terry or ryu had someone spinning in the air? when was the last time a sweep flipped the person 450 degrees? when was the last time a gut punch sent the guy skidding 20 to 30 feet away?
oh wait...that's not making any sense right? roll eyes (sarcastic)
A little girl like Asuka who is only 17 smacked Jin at least 20 feet away and exploded the rock behind him when he hit it with a straight. Heck Ryu couldn't do that in any of the crap ass second rate SF alpha anime nor could sakura do it.
that's a hellova feet for a 17 yo girl you know...unless anyone of you 2D fans have girl friends or sisters who can smack your asses that far once you ditch them or make fun of them....or land on their buststick out tongue
when was the last time sakura or karin "cuntzuki" could do that?
also when did you start deciding "estbalished patterns" here tp?

bring in donny darko....i like our little post wars and i respect his respectfullness. though we never agree, i do respect him.

~The bring it on Sado-sama

Cloud_VII
His initial argument was characters who don't have ki attacks are weaker than the ones who do, then I stated Akuma isn't anywhere as strong as Superman, even though Akuma has ki attacks and Superman doesn't. Then, he says the obvious which is Superman obtains solar energy...but what does that have to do with ki? Now, he's arguing that 3D fighters don't have inner energy, thus they are weaker...then I corrected him saying Kazuya as well as the entire Mishima family hold great amounts of energy within. Not to mention two of the Mishimas have Devil's power...

Remulous
2d fighters are greater. Does any 3d fighter have a guy that eats planets ?

F**K REX GROSSMEN!!!

Remulous
Bad post

Remulous
Another bad post. ( f**king computer.)

F**K REX GROSSMEN!!!

Sado22
no but 3D games don't have bad posting fans! wink

~Sado-sama

Remulous
no but 3D games don't have bad posting fans! wink

~Sado-sama Oh yeah they do. 3d fighters lose, it's simple to see.

Darkstorm Zero

I'm not taking any sides with the 2d vs 3d argument... thats a waste of time, it never matters, since the characters 'SHOULD be judged on their own individual merits alone, not on the format they are created on.

As for the debate at hand, I think I'll side with Terry, Don't get me wrong, Kazuya is one of the most badass designs ever to cross the fighting game genre. he is fast, powerful, durable, and looks like he wants to kill you. but Terry does posess greater speed, range, and attack techniques that surpass Kazuya's moves by a few margins, IMO

Remulous
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero

I'm not taking any sides with the 2d vs 3d argument... thats a waste of time, it never matters, since the characters 'SHOULD be judged on their own individual merits alone, not on the format they are created on. I think so as well. It just so happens that the stronger fighters are from 2d games is all. Put all the 2d characters and 3d characters on a their teams and as their own characters and not their formats and the 2d team will win. It's not that because of their 2d-ness that makes them more powerful, they just are.

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
As for the debate at hand, I think I'll side with Terry, Don't get me wrong, Kazuya is one of the most badass designs ever to cross the fighting game genre. he is fast, powerful, durable, and looks like he wants to kill you. but Terry does posess greater speed, range, and attack techniques that surpass Kazuya's moves by a few margins, IMO Exactly, dude!

Sado22
and this is why i respect DSZsmile

~Sado-sama

Darkstorm Zero
*Takes a bow, and ends up falliung face first off the stage...*

Don't look, my best sides just planted itself into the floor!

Superboy Prime
Nah, here's what'll happen. And this scene happened twice in the Fatal Fury movies. Which isn't canon, but it's exactly what Terry would do IMO. Terry took a sock to the jaw. stands there and takes the punch. doesn't turn away from it. He then turns and looks at the person, grins, and then decks them. That's what'll happen to Kazuya. That one punch will seriously unnerve Kazuya. Terry's jaw may hurt abit, but the psychological warfare of doing that will psyche Kazuya out a little. It'll be a a decent fight, but more for Kaz putting up a good fight against ludicrous odds.

This thread is a joke. Superboy Prime, Sado and Cloud are proving their lack of logical facilities and their wanking of Tekken is getting rediculous. It's not prejudice against 3D, it's recoqnizing that most 3D fighters are weaker than their 2D counterparts, simply because of the use of ki. Very few 3D games use outward displays of ki or have the outrageous power of 2D games. This is an established pattern. To say otherwise is to ignore the facts.

I'm pming Darkstorm, this is his area of arguing.

You're just so biased you think Dan could beat Jin/Kazuya/Ryu hayabusa/Heihachi/Nightmare while taunting them and taking a crap.

Now on your first paragraph all I can say is that Terry will not want to get hit by Kazuya, not even once. Terry will most likely win, since it is not in his character to underestimate opponents, but if he does for some stupid trickster inspired reason he will be in a lot of pain.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Cloud_VII
His initial argument was characters who don't have ki attacks are weaker than the ones who do, then I stated Akuma isn't anywhere as strong as Superman, even though Akuma has ki attacks and Superman doesn't. Then, he says the obvious which is Superman obtains solar energy...but what does that have to do with ki? Now, he's arguing that 3D fighters don't have inner energy, thus they are weaker...then I corrected him saying Kazuya as well as the entire Mishima family hold great amounts of energy within. Not to mention two of the Mishimas have Devil's power...

I agree. He's bullshitting all around the world. So now Chi/Ki is not the inner strength every individual has, but the solar reserves we all have. I'll be damned I've been fooled all this time. Saiya-Jins are just Kryptonians with monkey tales, bad hairdos and enormous apetites.

On the 2d vs 3D debate? Who gives a ****? I love both styles the way they are. I enjoy DOA/Tekken the way they are and there's no need to add fireballs to the roster...heck Street Fighter Ex Plus Alpha for PSX was supposedly a 3d fighter...it was just 2d with polygons...and yeah it sucked lots of ass.

Darkstorm Zero
I certainly don't agree with that.... Dan may be slightly stronger than your average person, but he is NOWHERE in the fighting game league, 2D or 3D...

Exemptions to this are SVC and the Marvel vs series, but his default configurations in Alpha are atrocious.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.