Hulk versus Odin in Pure Slugfest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
who wins?

bigbran
Originally posted by masterbruce
who wins? no expression

masterbruce
Originally posted by bigbran
no expression

Odin can't use his special powers. this is a purely physical fight.

I know Odin will trash Hulk in the beginning, but unless Hulk is TKOed, which ain't easy, Hulk will eventually overpower Odin.

xmeat

I know Odin will trash Hulk in the beginning, but unless Hulk is TKOed, which ain't easy, Hulk will eventually overpower Odin. Nuff said

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Da Smurf
Xmeat's a tard

Nuff said

Martian_mind
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Nuff said

laughing

Odin Wins.

xmeat
Nuff said done licking that lolipop ***

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by xmeat
I'm a tard

Hmm, I suppose I can see your side of the argument hmm

---------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and I let Nvr have the lollipop. happy

He seemed very happy

bigbran

I know Odin will trash Hulk in the beginning, but unless Hulk is TKOed, which ain't easy, Hulk will eventually overpower Odin. OK...

Hulk goes down... hard!

xmeat
Hmm, I suppose I can see your side of the argument hmm

---------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and I yeah that lolipop was good i'll get more later.

He seemed very happy

grey fox
done licking that lolipop ***

Reported

SpunkySmurph
I'm supressing my own homosexual tendencies, and compensating by trying to force my personal private fantasies upon others and calling Nvr "pathetic" for openly coming out of the closet

happy

tkitna
Odin knocks him out before he has any time to get pissed.

Odin 10/10

Scoobless
laughing

olympian
Odin.

Top tiers arent that difficult for elite Skyfathers to knock out. Zeus one shot Namor and Odin even weakned one shot Ulik. The guy that gives Thor fits in battle.

In the end if Odin knows about Hulk and what he is capable and its serious about it, the guy gows down easily. If he lets the battle rage on its going to be more difficult but still a win.

hmmm a God vs a Troll ...

Newjak
Just when my Faith in this fourm was being renewed this thread pops up no expression

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Newjak
Just when my Faith in this fourm was being renewed
When did that happen? After the Superman Prime vs Living Tribunal thread? stick out tongue

Newjak
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
When did that happen? After the Superman Prime vs Living Tribunal thread? stick out tongue At least there is some wiggle there with Superman Prime even though he doen't have enough feats but this is come is something else no expression

leonidas
i'm not sure why all the insults. it boils down to 2 things:

can odin 'punch out' hulk almost immediately (when has odin shown THAT level of strength . . ?)

does odin draw from a reserve of power that exceeds hulk's?

a GREAT debate (one of my faves) was had about hulk's strength v the power gem's ability to grant strength.

could odin punch out the wielder of the power gem . . .?

Symmetric Chaos
Can Odin amp his strength with magic?

If so Odin 10/10
If not Odin 10/10

juggernaut66666
At least there is some wiggle there with Superman Prime even though he doen't have enough feats but this is come is something else no expression
Wiggle in Superman Prime Vs LT? roll eyes (sarcastic)

h1a8
If Odin can't use his powers then he loses. Odin is a pure asgardian male and can only lift 90tons max (This is what Marvel says). Thor is stronger because he is a hybrid (His mother is Gaia). Without Odin's powers then I don't see class 90 strength hurting Hulk enough in the beginning to KO him. Thus Hulk gets stronger and wins.

xmeat
Originally posted by grey fox
Reported retarted

Symmetric Chaos
retarted

I would report you but that isn't a word.

Newjak
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Wiggle in Superman Prime Vs LT? roll eyes (sarcastic) Well Prime has done at least something impressive and there could an arguement made somewhat but this is no go.

Honestly there is a very key point that everyone is overlooking no matter how much you want to say and that is no matter what I don't see how Hulk could put down Odin.

Would a punch really be enough to knock out a Skyfather level being for the win I doubt it.

Odin without amping is unkown just how strong he is. Fact is Odin has never been shown without the Odin Power so to say he would significantly weaker then his other showings goes without fact.

Hulk for all his talk of Infinite has been knocked many times before. Titannus did it in three blows. Thanos man handles the Hulk all the times they've met and he didn't amp himself up on panel. To think a Skyfather level being could't KO the Hulk is going against what has been shown before.

h1a8
Well Prime has done at least something impressive and there could an arguement made somewhat but this is no go.

Honestly there is a very key point that everyone is overlooking no matter how much you want to say and that is no matter what I don't see how Hulk could put down Odin.

Would a punch really be enough to knock out a Skyfather level being for the win I doubt it.

Odin without amping is unkown just how strong he is. Fact is Odin has never been shown without the Odin Power so to say he would significantly weaker then his other showings goes without fact.

Hulk for all his talk of Infinite has been knocked many times before. Titannus did it in three blows. Thanos man handles the Hulk all the times they've met and he didn't amp himself up on panel. To think a Skyfather level being could't KO the Hulk is going against what has been shown before.

It is quite known by most Thor fans how strong Odin is without amping up. He is a pure asgardian. Don't you know how strong this race is?
Even marvel themselves has Odin at 90tons strength (which makes him the strongest pure asgardian). Thor is hybrid and thus much stronger.
This fight is like Hulk fighting a skilled somewhat weaker Thing (he is skilled already though).

Newjak
Originally posted by h1a8
It is quite known by most Thor fans how strong Odin is without amping up. He is a pure asgardian. Don't you know how strong this race is?
Even marvel themselves has Odin at 90tons strength (which makes him the strongest pure asgardian). Thor is hybrid and thus much stronger.
This fight is like Hulk fighting a skilled somewhat weaker Thing (he is skilled already though). Correction that is what Odin might be without the Odinpower. He has never been shown without his power so no one truley knows what his strength level is.

Also he still has the Odin Power he just can't use it to amp his strength even more. although we do not know what his base strength is with Odinpower. It could still put him high up in strength at base. No one truely knows.

Although the question remains how is Hulk going to put Odin down with just punches. He still has the Odinpower so it's not like Hulk can KO him.

Unless of course someone wishes to remove the Odinpower from from which Isay we've never truley seen Odin without the Odinpower so true determination can not be made as to how strong he truely is.

erm

h1a8
Correction that is what Odin might be without the Odinpower. He has never been shown without his power so no one truley knows what his strength level is.

Also he still has the Odin Power he just can't use it to amp his strength even more. although we do not know what his base strength is with Odinpower. It could still put him high up in strength at base. No one truely knows.

Although the question remains how is Hulk going to put Odin down with just punches. He still has the Odinpower so it's not like Hulk can KO him.

Unless of course someone wishes to remove the Odinpower from from which Isay we've never truley seen Odin without the Odinpower so true determination can not be made as to how strong he truely is.

erm

Are you saying Marvel (the ones who created him) don't know what his strength level (even after they posted it) is? I guess I just pulled those numbers out of my arse then and Marvel had nothing to do with it.

Your average human male can lift maybe 100-150lbs. over their head. The strongest humans can lift probably around 500lbs. This is a little more than 3times the average. Marvel states that an average asgardian males can press about 30tons. Odin can press 3times this as he's the strongest asgardian.

Newjak
Originally posted by h1a8
Are you saying Marvel (the ones who created him) don't know what his strength level (even after they posted it) is? I guess I just pulled those numbers out of my arse then and Marvel had nothing to do with it.

Your average human male can lift maybe 100-150lbs. over their head. The strongest humans can lift probably around 500lbs. This is a little more than 3times the average. Marvel states that an average asgardian males can press about 30tons. Odin can press 3times this as he's the strongest asgardian. You do know Marvel gets it wrong all the time right. Look at Namor he is only listed a certain strength level but Darkcralwer has shown him consistently getting over that limit by large sums. So yeah handbook strength levels are sometimes off if you ask me. Plus there is no evidence to suggest Odin lower then the class 100 ton category.

Odin w/ Odinpower= Won't be knocked out by Hulk and base level unkown probably higher than Thor's

Odin w/o Odinpower= Unkown everything

So either way Odin wins or we don't have enough information to really gauge the fight erm

boriquaking55
Pure h2h you say?

Most of the people who have posted are wrong - -Technically Odin is only Class 60-75 without amping. That's right, his son is stronger physically than he is.

Hulk takes this if Odin doesn't have his powers

manorastroman
since when do handbooks (ESPECIALLY strength ratings) mean shit on KMC?

odin one shots heralds for fun.

Priest
Odin 10/10

h1a8
You do know Marvel gets it wrong all the time right. Look at Namor he is only listed a certain strength level but Darkcralwer has shown him consistently getting over that limit by large sums. So yeah handbook strength levels are sometimes off if you ask me. Plus there is no evidence to suggest Odin lower then the class 100 ton category.

Odin w/ Odinpower= Won't be knocked out by Hulk and base level unkown probably higher than Thor's

Odin w/o Odinpower= Unkown everything

So either way Odin wins or we don't have enough information to really gauge the fight erm

Fact 1: If Marvel (especially the original writers) says a character has a certain strength and that they haven't ever been shown to lift more in comics. Then it is valid.
Note: The burden of proof is really on you to show that he can lift more than 90tons without the Odin force. This is the scientific method and law of logic. Thus he can't since no pure asgardian has lifted more than 90tons in comic history.

And for the Namor thing. Marvel writers (especially in the past-80s on down) don't know jack about science or what certain things weigh. Nearly every Namor writer (except the original creator) has contributed to the handbook that Namor lifts up to 100tons (in contact with water). For more info, I can give you a link to marvel's website showing you how each handbook is made (Where they go to the actual writers if not the original writers themselves). I will always put him on the strength level of Thing or Colossus (but that's pushing it). Also know that in times of great stress any character (including humans) can lift beyond their said capacities. For example, Spiderman has lifted much more than 20 tons on numerous ocassions (especially when he braced a corner of a thousands of tons multistory building). But people still accept the fact that he is class 20 (use to be 10-15).

leonidas
without power at all, hulk totals odin. if odin is ONLY allowed to amp his strength with his power and do NOTHING else with it, it would be interesting for a long time. nj raises a good point -- it seems unlikely to think that odin would be ko'd physically.

the thing with hulk is: on the forums he is always seen with his 'theoretical' strength. his on-panel showings ARE very contradictory.

the source of hulk's strength is 'supposedly' limitless.
odin draws on a 'supposedly' limitless reserve as well.

if both are looked at with ONLY their theoretical abilities (and odin ONLY amping -- not healing, not blasting or matter manipulating, etc . . .) it's an interesting question.

again, could odin take out by purely physical means the wielder of the power gem?

h1a8
I don't think power amping by Odin is allowed. Just his pure asgardian self. This is like Hulk fighting Doc Samspon without healing powers. Thor who is hybrid and who is many many times stronger and more durable than all asgardians (including Odin) has been beaten by Hulk.

boriquaking55
Originally posted by manorastroman
since when do handbooks (ESPECIALLY strength ratings) mean shit on KMC?

odin one shots heralds for fun.

did you even read the OP? h2h only

manorastroman
Originally posted by boriquaking55
did you even read the OP? h2h only

fascinating. tell me more.

Newjak
Originally posted by leonidas
without power at all, hulk totals odin. if odin is ONLY allowed to amp his strength with his power and do NOTHING else with it, it would be interesting for a long time. nj raises a good point -- it seems unlikely to think that odin would be ko'd physically.

the thing with hulk is: on the forums he is always seen with his 'theoretical' strength. his on-panel showings ARE very contradictory.

the source of hulk's strength is 'supposedly' limitless.
odin draws on a 'supposedly' limitless reserve as well.

if both are looked at with ONLY their theoretical abilities (and odin ONLY amping -- not healing, not blasting or matter manipulating, etc . . .) it's an interesting question.

again, could odin take out by purely physical means the wielder of the power gem? It's hard to say like you and I have said Hulk's on panel showings show that Odin probably even without the power to amp himself with the Odinforce should still be ubeatable by Hulk standards because last time I checked Skyfathers don't go down like that. Plus his base strength with the Odinforce is unkown.

Some would say that his abse power with the Odinforce would be the same if he didn't have it but there is a flaw in that logic. No one has ever seen an actual odinpowerless Odin so besides one Handbook showing no one truely knows what his abse level of strength would be without his "magical power"

The thought is that he would be 90 tons somwhere past a normal Asgardain. Which may have merit but is completely without concrete facts to back it up. I would also like to point out that a fellow Skyfather Zeus without showing any amping actually was holding Mjolnir and Thor was shocked. Zeus is supposed to be equal to Odin. So that would point to the idea that Skyfathers still have great physical strength to go along wit htheir great magical power. Seeing how Hulk can't even lift the Hammer.

Now in a theoritcal match Hulk is supposed to be unlimited but he still grounded to the idea of physical planes. Odin using his full power isn't apprantly. So while the power sources may be comparable the effect and overall showings would say that Odin should be able to out amp Hulk alot faster and probably KO the green giant rather quickly in a match.

HigH ScholaR
Hulk can't lift his Thors hammer because of ODINS SPELL zues was either worthy to lift it or overided the spell temporarliy

Newjak
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
Hulk can't lift his Thors hammer because of ODINS SPELL zues was either worthy to lift it or overided the spell temporarliy Nope Thor just threw it at him and Zeus grabbed it and was holding it. He didn't show any spell. Thor was absolutley shocked. They even made sure to show it as a pure strength feat because then the Hammer flies from Zeus' hand even with Zeus trying to resist it.

Thor makes mention after that moment that even to hold hold the hammer for as long as he did was amazing feat all by itself.

Redatom65
Hulk has a sight chance here. Odin 8.5/10

boriquaking55
Originally posted by manorastroman
fascinating. tell me more.

Well since you don't understand and resort to sarcasm instead, maybe I won't bother roll eyes (sarcastic)

FearOfBlood
Slugfest ? Hulk wins. Like Mike Oeming said, The Hulk should not be beaten by strenght.

Odin goes down.

FearOfBlood
Hulk gets no respect on this board. Probably many of you just don't like the character or don't even know him.

LORDSIDIOUS01
I didn't realize Odin was a fighter. HULK SMASH HULK SMASH

leonidas
Nope Thor just threw it at him and Zeus grabbed it and was holding it. He didn't show any spell. Thor was absolutley shocked. They even made sure to show it as a pure strength feat because then the Hammer flies from Zeus' hand even with Zeus trying to resist it.

Thor makes mention after that moment that even to hold hold the hammer for as long as he did was amazing feat all by itself.

zeus was unique. he IMPEDED the progress. he stopped it (not THAT huge a feat -- count nefaria did the same) but zeus actually held it and was able to prevent it momentarily from returning to thor. that was about zeus's ability to momentarily overcome the enchantments on the hammer. impressive that he stopped a throw, but not THAT impressive. as a skyfather he was able to hinder odin's spell for a bit. he couldn't overcome them though. i think that was a way to say that zeus and odin are pretty much equal.

anyway, hulk's strength feats defy the purely physical. he has literally done impossible things via strength -- kept seperate matter and anti-matter, punched through time, literally struck and harmed ENERGY. the list goes on and on.

i'm not at all convinced that theoretically odin could increase his strength beyond what hulk could do. it also only takes a moment for hulk to increase his strength exponentially, so odin would need to amp (something i've not seen him do) instantly and ko hulk before hulk could react or withstand the blow. if we assume an enraged hulk to start with, this would be tough for odin using (again) ONLY strength. (clearly odin wipes hulk out with less tha a thought if he uses all his powers . . .)

Newjak
Originally posted by leonidas
zeus was unique. he IMPEDED the progress. he stopped it (not THAT huge a feat -- count nefaria did the same) but zeus actually held it and was able to prevent it momentarily from returning to thor. that was about zeus's ability to momentarily overcome the enchantments on the hammer. impressive that he stopped a throw, but not THAT impressive. as a skyfather he was able to hinder odin's spell for a bit. he couldn't overcome them though. i think that was a way to say that zeus and odin are pretty much equal.

anyway, hulk's strength feats defy the purely physical. he has literally done impossible things via strength -- kept seperate matter and anti-matter, punched through time, literally struck and harmed ENERGY. the list goes on and on.

i'm not at all convinced that theoretically odin could increase his strength beyond what hulk could do. it also only takes a moment for hulk to increase his strength exponentially, so odin would need to amp (something i've not seen him do) instantly and ko hulk before hulk could react or withstand the blow. if we assume an enraged hulk to start with, this would be tough for odin using (again) ONLY strength. (clearly odin wipes hulk out with less tha a thought if he uses all his powers . . .) Exactly and how strong is count nefaria again. Pretty strong and it may have been an ode the point is that he didn't show any actual power to his feat. He just held. No Magic or anything through purely physical means he was able to show the ability to temporaly keep it from coming back to Thor.

Hulk's feats are good but nothing that Silver Surfer hasn't done through his energy manipulation yet see how powers fair next to Odin.

Odin beinga Skyfather should always be a step ahead of Hulk. Since Hulk's power output is effected by his rage. Odin has no such thing I'm pretty sure he could use his power that has helped destroy Galaxies and amp his strength up to a level that Hulk would have a hard time reaching without a long hard time.

Tassadar
Nope Thor just threw it at him and Zeus grabbed it and was holding it. He didn't show any spell. Thor was absolutley shocked. They even made sure to show it as a pure strength feat because then the Hammer flies from Zeus' hand even with Zeus trying to resist it.

A feat replicated by classic Ghost Rider.

Hulk wins, Odin in pure h2h has limits well below Hulks.

Newjak
Originally posted by Tassadar
A feat replicated by classic Ghost Rider.

Hulk wins, Odin in pure h2h has limits well below Hulks. Hulk gets beat all the time people can say one thing but that doesn't cahnge the facts.

Hulk get's beat by people far below Skyfather in power. Yes even by purely physical means. Just look at Titanius. Three punches and the Hulk was out. erm

FearOfBlood
Hulk gets beat all the time people can say one thing but that doesn't cahnge the facts.

Hulk get's beat by people far below Skyfather in power. Yes even by purely physical means. Just look at Titanius. Three punches and the Hulk was out. erm

1) First his name is Titannus, not Titanius

2) Hulk lost because "Titanius" used a trick. What ? an armour that could absorb gamma energy.

3) Please read comics before writing inaccurate things.

Newjak
Originally posted by FearOfBlood
1) First his name is Titannus, not Titanius

2) Hulk lost because "Titanius" used a trick. What ? an armour that could absorb gamma energy.

3) Please read comics before writing inaccurate things. So your going to mock me because I put an i instead of an n nice debating.

Secondly if you saw the comic which I guess you did you would havemalso seen that he beat the Hulk in three hits so that must have been some heavet suckage from that armour for him to drain the Hulk that fast.

Secondly it was one example. I could also talk about Iron Man. Namor and Abomination. There is a comic where Hercules stalemates Hulk in a fight for awhile. Thanos took his head in one hand and crashed it into Thing's

I could keep going if you wanted me to. The point is that Hulk isn't invunerable and the fact is many people below Skyfather level have show to physically harm him. Without the power amping these beings have taken it to the Hulk. So no it isn't a stretch to say a Skyfather Level being that far outclasses any of those names I've mentioned could in fact KO the Hulk.

Unless you want to go through and try and discalim all of those fights.
erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.