question about buying comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
1. for those of you buying comics, how many comics do you regularly buy? (there just seems to be too many)

2. if I want to follow the big events in Marvel and only want ONE comic, which one should i get?

3. do you guys get comics online or from store or other source?

capt it up
I get Wolverine ( all his titles), X-men ( all there tiles). Any speacil apearence of wolverine in another comic line, I get all spiderman titles, I get most all fo marvel team up, I get civil war, civil war wolverine, new avengers, civil war new avengers, avenger advantures, some times get fantastic four, I get forgotten realm's comic's ones with Drizzt and Bruenor, ninja turtles's every month, I get some street fighter, I get some Captain America, I get hero for Hire civil war when I have the money, I get X-Men civil war, I get Wolverien civil war tie in's That's about it maybe a few more. I also look through old wolverien and x-men comic's to see if there may be ones I don't have. Oh I also get Dead Pool Cable Civil War.

I get these at my comic book store.

I am not sure what comic you should get maybe wait till the graphic noval for civil war comes out

bigbran
Originally posted by masterbruce
1. for those of you buying comics, how many comics do you regularly buy? (there just seems to be too many)

2. if I want to follow the big events in Marvel and only want ONE comic, which one should i get?

3. do you guys get comics online or from store or other source? Annihilation.

masterbruce
Originally posted by capt it up
I get Wolverine ( all his titles), X-men ( all there tiles). Any speacil apearence of wolverine in another comic line, I get all spiderman titles, I get most all fo marvel team up, I get civil war, civil war wolverine, new avengers, civil war new avengers, avenger advantures, some times get fantastic four, I get forgotten realm's comic's ones with Drizzt and Bruenor, ninja turtles's every month, I get some street fighter, I get some Captain America, I get hero for Hire civil war when I have the money, I get X-Men civil war, I get Wolverien civil war tie in's That's about it maybe a few more. I also look through old wolverien and x-men comic's to see if there may be ones I don't have. Oh I also get Dead Pool Cable Civil War.

I get these at my comic book store.

I am not sure what comic you should get maybe wait till the graphic noval for civil war comes out

wow, that's a lot of comics. impressive. how much do you spend a month?

Scoobless
I get Wolverine ( all his titles), X-men ( all there tiles). Any speacil apearence of wolverine in another comic

So basically ... every single Marvel comic from last year.

no expression

guy222

3. do you guys get comics online or from store or other source?

I buy alot. Basically stick w/Marvel. Eternals and Xmen really good now

Darth Vicious
1- 90% of my collection is from Marvel. zi buy pretty much every X-title out there, Avengers, Ultimate Xmen/Avengers/Spidey, Amazing Spidey, Ms.Marvel plus a lot more. Non Marvel titles that I read, Girls and Y-the last man. DC titles, Im reading 52 and JLA, mostly because of Ed Benes art.

2- For this question I guess ifu want just one comic then go with "Annihilation" because everything happen in that title. Civil War has toooo many tie-ins!

ThePittman
X-Men and subtitles, Exiles, Tarot, Fables, Majestic, New Excalibur, Conan, Teen Titans, Squadron Supreme and what ever else peaks my interest.

nimbus006
This is my subscription list. I get my comcis at a local store here in Miami.

List of Comics

On-going Issues

1) New Avengers
2) Wolverine: Marvel Knight
3) The Amazing Spider-man
4) Astonishing X-Men
5) Fantastic 4
6) Black Panther
7) JLA
8) The Hulk
9) Cable and Deadpool
10) Iron Man
11) New Excalibur
12) Ghost Rider
13) Mighty Avengers
14) Thunderbolts
15) Superman

Mini series

1) Civil War (1-7)
2) Annihilation # 1-7
3) Civil War: The Return
4) Silent War
5) X-23
6) Iron Man: Hypervelocity
7) New Avengers: Illuminati
8) Annihilation: Heralds of Galactus
9) Civil War: The Initiative
10) Civil War: Battle Damage
11) Omega Flight
12) Civil War: Fallen Son

I don't think i follow your 2nd question very well. But if you want to read one big event personally I would with Annihilation. Of course, it depends on who your favorite characters are.

The Pict
Astonishing X-Men
New Excalibur
Ultimate X-Men (only in the Volumes though)
Ultimate Spiderman
Civil War Spiderman
Civil War X-Men
X-23

I don't really have the money to buy much more than that, getting paid monthly sucks.

I would have recommended Astonishing X-Men but that'll will be changing soon.
I buy my comics from a store called Lamp Head Comics.

Edit: I also buy quite a few handbooks.

Sparkz
I only buy the graphic novels (which is usualy ok seeing as all the new comics get there eventualy or a couple of months after being published)

Anyway I don't really collect any specific comic tho i tend to go for ones including Spidey Wolvy iron man cap thor Hulk etc.

In other words i just get the newest graphic novels, and generaly any big crossovers.

Rick/Genis
how do you guys have the money for all these comics!?

Oh wait... I don't have the money because I go to school sad

Mider999
i spend 200 bucks a month on comics sometimes more i buy them from various online stores i do usually only get big name mini series like annihilation, or infinite crisis or day of judgement, but i like the smaller mini series, i scan the story arcs to see which intrest me.

I own all the swamp thing series sept roots of swamp thing 1. i have almost all the sandman comics well i kinda did till crossing midnight came out. i got alot of the new horror comics and the old ones too, freddy, jason, micheal myers, chucky, puppet master, jason vs leatherface, leatherface, jason x. dogwitch is cool, lobo comics alot of them, the mask omgosh that comic ROCKS, hellraiser comics another uber comic but not for you people who dont have the stomach for alot of gore same goes for the mask. I got alot of other stuff too all the books of magic and names of magic, age of magic comics, got alot of if not all the crossgen titles.

HigH ScholaR
Okay get daredevil in TBP very good

Annihilation and civil war there good get them as graphiv novels

the ultimates and supreme power

capt it up
wow, that's a lot of comics. impressive. how much do you spend a month?

a lot like hmmm close to a 100

capt it up
Originally posted by Scoobless
So basically ... every single Marvel comic from last year.

no expression

Yes, but that's due to spiderman

Martian_mind
I get

Ongoing:
Cable and Deadpool
JSA
Nghtwing
Outsiders
Anything with Red Hood that comes out.

Mini:
Martian Manhunter
Civil War
Annihilation
Illuminati

spidey-dude

3. do you guys get comics online or from store or other source? i get them at a store. i keep up with mostly spiderman and new avengers.

willRules
I buy the British versions of Spidey as it's better value for money and is only a couple of years behind the latest issues.

I buy Civil War
Captain America (Bruabaker's writing is superb, can't wait for issue 25)
Sometimes Cable and Deadpool
I get New Avengers in trade paperback
Ultimate X-men in trade
Ultimates 2
Astonishing X-men (Although I'm behind by about 2 or 3 issues)

I also get some DC stuff in trade paperback, and I have read tons of GA, JLA, Nightwing and also Outsiders recently. Oh and some Batman in trade paperback yes

Big Sexy
mostly
Action comics
Spawn
Civil War
Annihilation
GL
cable/deadpool

occasionally
JLA
JSA
A nightmare on elm street
Friday the 13th
X-men
spiderman

capt it up

Devil Lance
Books I get
Blue Beetle
Manhunter (Kate Spencer)
The All New Atom
Birds Of Prey
Teen Titans
All Star Superman
JSA
JLA
Runaways
Welcome to Tranquility
Detective comics

and I sporadically buy 52 as well
will be getting when they come out
Suicide Squad
The four World war 3 issues
Countdown
Dr. Fate

NiņoAraņa
wow ima chump compared to some of you guys....

Amazing Spider-Man
Amazing Spider-Girl
Civil War
Spectacular Spider-man
Spider-Man: Riegn

no expression i DON'T HAVE A SPIDER FETISH!!!!!

and i might start picking up Ultimate Spider-man ( stick out tongue ) and the Ultimates.....

i also read alot of other comics while in my comic store......mostly Marvel

capt it up

NiņoAraņa
dam you jsut remined me I also get

spectacular Spiderman-man

and

Spider-Man: Riegn dude, do you know when the next Riegn comes out? confused and i think i meant Sensational stick out tongue

Devil Lance

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Devil Lance
who cares about Spiderman Riegn buy Manhunter instead mad you just told a spider-man fanboy NOT to buy a spider-man book

*heart attack*

i don't wander off into the DC section of my comic book store, that's a sin to me stick out tongue

Devil Lance

Mider999
ok id like to know exactly what crossing midnight has to do with sandman if anything cause ive read a review that it had no connection save mike carey can anyone enlighten me on this subject

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Devil Lance
roll eyes (sarcastic)
Its basically a "what if tale" that has no effect on the current spidey continuity what so ever You can live without it no expression

Manhunter on is a crtically acclaimed book that needs to have more people buy it. So maybe it can get a second repreive from cancelation.

sad

look at it this way if you don't buy SR it won't be affected at all it will still sel at leats probably around 50 to 60,000 copies just becaus eit has the name spiderman

If more people don't buy Manhunter it will still only sell around the 18 to 20,000 copy range and will not get a repreive from its cancelation .

Which is a shame since its one of DC's best books as of right now sad sad sad sad problem is, i don't like manhunter......because like most DC heroes he is overpowered.....

and Reign is actually a good story, i don't buy it just cus it has the name spider-man on it, that was a joke..

Dinalfos
I'm not currently buying any on-going series, except for the occasional TPB collections. Instead, I bend over backwards to obtain the back catalagues of several characters. Preferably from the 70's and 80's.

"V"
Listen people, this will prove highly educational.

Jonah Hex
Immortal Iron Fist
Punisher: War Journal
Daredevil
Captain America
X factor
Astonishing X-men
Runaways
Moon Knight
Ms Marvel
Iron Man
Checkmate
Invincible

Limited Series: Criminal, Dr Strange the Oath, Helmet of Fate.

Quality or what?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.