Durability Test

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jyppe
So, Galactus wants to pick a new herald. He decides to take one from Marvel earth, but he will only take a herald from the group who passes with the less damage.He then creates tests to measure their durabilities.

(HEALING FACTORS ARE NULLED) But people wont die during the tests. They are healed between the tests.

Test 1.

A Punch from blood lusted Captain America (No vital point attacks or such)

Test 2.

Jump from 50 stories high to pavement.

Test 3.

A Slash from Bone Claw Wolverine

Test 4.

A TNT arrow shot by Hawkeye

Test 5.

A van crashes at the character at 90Mp/h

Test 6.

A normal powered punch from Iron man

Test 7.

Nova attack from Torch

Test 8.

Blood lusted Cyclops shoots a visorless blast.

Test 9.

A laceration/stab from Wolverine's adamantium claws.

Test 10.

A Lightning bolt from Storm (Not RUTG Strom, though big grin)

Participants are: Savage Hulk (Calm/Annoyed), Colossus, Thing, Thor (No hammer), Iron man(No forcefields, no extremis), Current Juggernaut, Rhino (lol), Namor, luke Cage & Giant Man.

The participants have to take the attack to chest/Stomach (Wolverine wont reach, lol) they can't try to avoid or absorb the damage. This is not a gauntlet type, Even if a character fails (Let's say the first test) they can still take part in the other tests

Who takes the less amount of damage?

Utrigita
without healing factor I think it looks pretty bad for them all, but will give these to juggernaut (don't know why)

h1a8
Colosus easy.

qqqqqqq
thing should take this

Jyppe
Ah, sorry. People will get healed between the tests.

qqqqqqq
hmm i was wondering, can you state which part of their body will be attacked?

Utrigita
Originally posted by Jyppe
Ah, sorry. People will get healed between the tests.
Alright would like to change my statement to Thor

Jyppe
Originally posted by Utrigita
Alright would like to change my statement to Thor

Maybe I should have been a bit more specific. "Who takes the less damage combined from the tests"

Like: Participant takes only some bruises from the first, some cuts from the second, is exploded to pieces in the third etc. no finally we'd add all that together and get his overall performance on the tests.

I tried to make the different tests target different things (blunt force trauma, lacerations, heat, current etc)

qqqqqqq
messed ok now state where they will be hit

Jyppe
Originally posted by qqqqqqq
messed ok now state where they will be hit

It's written in the first post: Chest/ Stomach.

qqqqqqq
lol sorry i didn't notice that

h1a8
Colossus easily
This is common sense (for those who read comics)
Current Juggernaut would be close though (Unless he got his classic powers back. Has he yet?)

qqqqqqq
erm a stab from wolvie in the chest?

h1a8
Originally posted by qqqqqqq
erm a stab from wolvie in the chest?

What are you implying?
Wolverine couldn't put a scratch on colossus. Thus rendering any stab attempts useless.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Jyppe
So, Galactus wants to pick a new herald. He decides to take one from Marvel earth, but he will only take a herald from the group who passes with the less damage.He then creates tests to measure their durabilities.

(HEALING FACTORS ARE NULLED) But people wont die during the tests. They are healed between the tests.

Test 1.

A Punch from blood lusted Captain America (No vital point attacks or such)

Test 2.

Jump from 50 stories high to pavement.

Test 3.

A Slash from Bone Claw Wolverine

Test 4.

A TNT arrow shot by Hawkeye

Test 5.

A van crashes at the character at 90Mp/h

Test 6.

A normal powered punch from Iron man

Test 7.

Nova attack from Torch

Test 8.

Blood lusted Cyclops shoots a visorless blast.

Test 9.

A laceration/stab from Wolverine's adamantium claws.

Test 10.

A Lightning bolt from Storm (Not RUTG Strom, though big grin)

Participants are: Savage Hulk (Calm/Annoyed), Colossus, Thing, Thor (No hammer), Iron man(No forcefields, no extremis), Current Juggernaut, Rhino (lol), Namor, luke Cage & Giant Man.

The participants have to take the attack to chest/Stomach (Wolverine wont reach, lol) they can't try to avoid or absorb the damage. This is not a gauntlet type, Even if a character fails (Let's say the first test) they can still take part in the other tests

Who takes the less amount of damage?

I, too, would have to give this to Colossus. He's just got a much greater durability advantage compared to all the others. Even Juggernaut, Hulk (since the healing factor is nulled), Iron Man, Rhino can't compete in this category.

A vast majority of those attacks, even the last few ones, won't even phase him.

outarddwarf
Current Juggernaut is full power. Or at least according to Frank Teire at the end of unredeemed he has the gem back so current is the most durable.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by h1a8
What are you implying?
Wolverine couldn't put a scratch on colossus. Thus rendering any stab attempts useless.

Adamantium > OrganicSteel

LordFear
Giant-Man

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

And yet, Wolverine still can't seem to pierce Colossus... roll eyes (sarcastic)

We all know that Adamantium > Organic steel. That was NEVER argued, my friend. Wolverine, however, does not possess the strength necessary to pierce Colossus.

nwg202
i don't know if anyone on this list can survive a nova attack. Without healing powers i would give this to colossus. Remember that secret wars scene were doom attacks all the heroes? Colossus was the least damaged among all of them. Thing was there, IM, Hulk, Thor...i don't know about juggernaut and his current standing though. How tough is he without his forcefield? If this is a test to find out who has the toughest hide...I'm going with colossus. I see hulk often get slashed, its his healing factor that makes him so tough...does Thor rely on healing too?

Accel
Assuming this is Jobbernaut involved, I'd give this to Hulk. Most of these, he's already taken, ro at least to a much greater extent and didn't even need to heal from them, including Wolverine's slashes in Logan's first appearance.

Colossus has the best argument of being able to withstand an attack from Wolverine without damage, but the only time I know of that Wolverine actually tried t cut him was just a swipe,with no real stabbing motion. Unless there's other moments I'm missing, I'm not completely convinced Wolverine can't cut Colossus.

h1a8
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

True that.
But you fail to realize that it takes also effecient strength in addition to material durability to penetrate OrganicSteel.
Bottom line is
Wolverine has already tried to cut Colossus before with adamantium claws. Not even a scratch.
Now give Hulk those claws and he easily penetrates Colossus.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by h1a8
True that.
But you fail to realize that it takes also effecient strength in addition to material durability to penetrate OrganicSteel.
Bottom line is
Wolverine has already tried to cut Colossus before with adamantium claws. Not even a scratch.
Now give Hulk those claws and he easily penetrates Colossus.

This has already been explained to me. But thank you anyway.

Wolverine isn't cutting up Colossus.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.