Enraged Hulk Vs Odin: Slugfest!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
the hell . . .?

why was that thread closed?? What the f**k?

it was actually turning into a good discussion. i'd just written up a *&^%$ reply and as i was posting, it was closed!

no, it was NOT the mismatch it first appeared, so please leave this one open for a while to see if anyone will raise logical points.

i'll add one extra bit: in THIS fight hulk is ALREADY in an enraged state that puts him WELL above his base level . . .

the rest stays the same: odin can ONLY use strength, though he CAN use the the odinpower to amp his strength. no outside powers, weapons, etc. pure h2h.

anyway, picking up from where we left off . . .

newjak said:

i'm still not clear on how you see what zeus did with the hammer as a strength feat. he stopped it in flight (sure he needs to be strong to do that, but that's not all that impressive) -- what he REALLY did was overcome the enchantment that has it return to thor. he impeded it. not by being 'strong', but by simply being a skyfather. why would he need to use a spell? he IS a skyfather, so he overcame the enchantment, briefly. i'd like to have seen him try and pick it up -- i'm guessing he COULD pick it up, he's both a skyfather AND likely worthy. but THAT wouldn't be a strength feat either . . .

anyway. for odin to beat hulk he would need to:

(A) amp almost instantly (something i've NEVER seen him do)
(B) ko a savage hulk with JUST strength

the latter has almost NEVER been done in the 40+ years of the character's history. the titannus incident has been explained away as gamma stealing PIS. you also need to watch WHICH incarnation you're dealing with.

savage hulk, in pure slugfest is almost NEVER beaten. stalemated? sure, at times, but generally he almost NEVER loses. (he DID put a bad beating on thor when thor was without his hammer). i'd be impressed if you could name a time where savge hulk is ko'd in a straight slugfest where ONLY strength is involved. it HAS happened, but it is VERY rare . . . that's something hulk-bashers don't always realize . . .

you compared what hulk did with STRENGTH to what ss did with . . . PC . . .? not sure i get the comparison. ss can do WAAAYYYYY more than hulk can, but . . . not using just strength. i only brought up the points to say that hulk's strength can and HAS broken 'physical' laws. in that way, hulk's strength is almost as unnatural as odin's power.

and about your point regarding immortal herc stalemating hulk. you're right, but who knows how that fight would have ended. oh, and herc has done this as well . . .

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/1299/zeus1ob0.th.jpg

http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/5338/zeus2og2.th.jpg

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9031/zeus3ko2.th.jpg

so much for not being able to put a skyfather down via purely physical force. big grin

ps--herc friggin' ROCKSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! eek!

Redatom65
I wonder if opening closed threads is allowed confused

boriquaking55
It was turning into a flame battle I guess.

draxx_tOfU
physically, isnt it said that the Olympians are "individually" stronger than the Asgardians?

anyway, through physical means only, and no amping, i give the contest to hulk...

roughrider
Coming next week - Enraged Hulk vs. Doctor Strange; h2h fight only!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

My commentary for the day. Enjoy the thread, such as it is.

DigiMark007
Meh, it had some reports. My apologies.

I can re-open the old one if it was legit though.

guy222
Originally posted by leonidas
the hell . . .?

why was that thread closed?? What the f**k?

it was actually turning into a good discussion. i'd just written up a *&^%$ reply and as i was posting, it was closed!

no, it was NOT the mismatch it first appeared, so please leave this one open for a while to see if anyone will raise logical points.

i'll add one extra bit: in THIS fight hulk is ALREADY in an enraged state that puts him WELL above his base level . . .

the rest stays the same: odin can ONLY use strength, though he CAN use the the odinpower to amp his strength. no outside powers, weapons, etc. pure h2h.

anyway, picking up from where we left off . . .

newjak said:

i'm still not clear on how you see what zeus did with the hammer as a strength feat. he stopped it in flight (sure he needs to be strong to do that, but that's not all that impressive) -- what he REALLY did was overcome the enchantment that has it return to thor. he impeded it. not by being 'strong', but by simply being a skyfather. why would he need to use a spell? he IS a skyfather, so he overcame the enchantment, briefly. i'd like to have seen him try and pick it up -- i'm guessing he COULD pick it up, he's both a skyfather AND likely worthy. but THAT wouldn't be a strength feat either . . .

anyway. for odin to beat hulk he would need to:

(A) amp almost instantly (something i've NEVER seen him do)
(B) ko a savage hulk with JUST strength

the latter has almost NEVER been done in the 40+ years of the character's history. the titannus incident has been explained away as gamma stealing PIS. you also need to watch WHICH incarnation you're dealing with.

savage hulk, in pure slugfest is almost NEVER beaten. stalemated? sure, at times, but generally he almost NEVER loses. (he DID put a bad beating on thor when thor was without his hammer). i'd be impressed if you could name a time where savge hulk is ko'd in a straight slugfest where ONLY strength is involved. it HAS happened, but it is VERY rare . . . that's something hulk-bashers don't always realize . . .

you compared what hulk did with STRENGTH to what ss did with . . . PC . . .? not sure i get the comparison. ss can do WAAAYYYYY more than hulk can, but . . . not using just strength. i only brought up the points to say that hulk's strength can and HAS broken 'physical' laws. in that way, hulk's strength is almost as unnatural as odin's power.

and about your point regarding immortal herc stalemating hulk. you're right, but who knows how that fight would have ended. oh, and herc has done this as well . . .

so much for not being able to put a skyfather down via purely physical force. big grin

ps--herc friggin' ROCKSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! eek!

Odin wins, but one punch from Hulk down goes man with a beard

Symmetric Chaos
Odin instantly amps his strength to ridiculous levels before Hulk can amp his power with anger and then he one shots Hulk across the galaxy.

Newjak
i'm still not clear on how you see what zeus did with the hammer as a strength feat. he stopped it in flight (sure he needs to be strong to do that, but that's not all that impressive) -- what he REALLY did was overcome the enchantment that has it return to thor. he impeded it. not by being 'strong', but by simply being a skyfather. why would he need to use a spell? he IS a skyfather, so he overcame the enchantment, briefly. i'd like to have seen him try and pick it up -- i'm guessing he COULD pick it up, he's both a skyfather AND likely worthy. but THAT wouldn't be a strength feat either . . . I will stop with this point. You very well may be right. I have no way to disprove that Zeus' Rank wasn't the reason his stopped Thor's Hammer. Although I will say it makes no mention of his power. It only shows that Zeus grabs the hammer.

savage hulk, in pure slugfest is almost NEVER beaten. stalemated? sure, at times, but generally he almost NEVER loses. (he DID put a bad beating on thor when thor was without his hammer). i'd be impressed if you could name a time where savge hulk is ko'd in a straight slugfest where ONLY strength is involved. it HAS happened, but it is VERY rare . . . that's something hulk-bashers don't always realize . . . Since you brought out that What If where Herc beats on his Fatehr I'm going to break out the What If where Classic Thor breaks Savage Hulk's neck eek!

Anyways now that is out of the way
Classic Juggernaut stalemated Hulk without any clear cut winner being shown or determined from the battle.
Herc stalemated Hulk without any damage done to himself. He even had enough afterwards to place a Train back on its tracks.
Abomination has stalemated the Hulk for long periods of time.
wendigo has made the Hulk afraid and sasquash has stalemated him in battle
the Leader in Rhino's body faired really well against the Hulk.
Hulk Killer Humanoid beat the saage Hulk and Banner was the reason he won.

All of these above examples have a few things in common. For one they all involve purely physical battles. Next they all involve the Savage Hulk. Finally they all involve people much lower in power than a Skyfather.

you compared what hulk did with STRENGTH to what ss did with . . . PC . . .? not sure i get the comparison. ss can do WAAAYYYYY more than hulk can, but . . . not using just strength. i only brought up the points to say that hulk's strength can and HAS broken 'physical' laws. in that way, hulk's strength is almost as unnatural as odin's power. I was using it as a point of reference to the power of a skyfather. as SS argueabley is one of the best energy weilders in the universe. He also has one of the best durability factors against energy. Yet none this stopped him from being one shotted by Odin with ease. Plus hasn't the Hulk fought Silver Surfer before.

Either way here is what theoritcal battle goes down to. Can Hulk's power match Odin's of which we can not be sure. Hulk's power source has never been defined completely and shown what it can truely do. What we do know though is that creatures much weaker in power than a Skyfather has managed to go toe to toe with an angry Hulk which would mean if his powersource is great it doesn't go completely from 0 to 100 like that.

So if a casual blast from Odin cna take down the Surfer than I would think power being amped into high powered punch that has helped destroy galaxies could in fact KO the Hulk in one blow. There is nothing to say otherwise.

By the way I would like to repeat that I don't see how Hulk could take down a Skyfather level being by pure physical means. Odin would keep rising up no matter how strong Hulk got because while his physical abilities can do things against supernatural forces his strength is still only exerting physical power.

ps--herc friggin' ROCKSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! eek! Herc is the man I mean he got Galactus to drink with him. stick out tongue

FearOfBlood
Enraged Hulk at Onslaught's level ? Odin goes down fast.

I don't see anyone beating an enraged hulk in a slugfest. No plot devices, no bad writing. In strenght/slugfest/brawl departement Hulk is #1 in comics.

leonidas
Originally posted by Newjak
I will stop with this point. You very well may be right. I have no way to disprove that Zeus' Rank wasn't the reason his stopped Thor's Hammer. Although I will say it makes no mention of his power. It only shows that Zeus grabs the hammer.

smile

that wasn't a what if. it was a possible future and an extended ltd series. big grin what bookdid thor break hulk's neck, and did he d it in purely single physical combat? hulk pwned him badly while they went at it h2h without a hammer . . . in that was IN continuity . . . erm

all true, but hkh aside no one beat him. smile

but like i said, none have beaten hulk either.

ss's never fought hulk only h2h as is the case here. if he ONLY went h2h, i doubt ss would win. wm thor has ko'd ss with physical strength alone, and ss didn't seem able to match him.

you MAY well be right. i however liken hulk a lot to mangog and his ability to amp his strength via hate in the old days, and odin feared mangog . . .

true, but hulk himself has some oddities that extend beyond physical. he sees astral bodies for some reason and has been shown his strength defies physical laws.

to me it boils down to this: odin has NEVER been shown to amp his strength with his power. i could call up a few low end feats for odin since everyone seems to bring up his galaxy-destroying power. in the respect thread for hulk is there not a scan of his shaking an entire DIMENSION with punches . . .?

meh, like i said, this is purely physical and theoretical. in reality, odin would crush hulk. look at some of hulk's feats though. using strictly his theoretical limits it's hard to see hulk losing many h2h fights.

i'm curious -- how do you think the armored onslaught would fare against odin, with his reality altering powers and everything . . .?

beats being turned into protoplasm. erm

ps--thanks digi. didn't know it was you who closed the thread, but thanks for giving this one a chance. smile

Newjak
smile
that wasn't a what if. it was a possible future and an extended ltd series. big grin what bookdid thor break hulk's neck, and did he d it in purely single physical combat? hulk pwned him badly while they went at it h2h without a hammer . . . in that was IN continuity . . . erm Well he used lighting to take the Hulk down but when the Hulk was down he walked over and snapped Hulk's neck. I don't remmeber what book it is from just that the scans of it are floating around KMC. Pretty cool scence actually.

all true, but hkh aside no one beat him. smile

but like i said, none have beaten hulk either. You know you just contradicted yourself right saying that no one has beaten the Hulk but saying just before that HKH has and he did beat him showing there is an instance where he has been beaten. Also anyone remember a certain python stick out tongue

Anyways I think the big point is that while they didn't win some of them stalemated him and I think it is even bigger to notice that those that can stalemate him are far from Skyfather level. It just goes to show that Hulk's raw power isn't always up to snuff

ss's never fought hulk only h2h as is the case here. if he ONLY went h2h, i doubt ss would win. wm thor has ko'd ss with physical strength alone, and ss didn't seem able to match him. In Planet Hulk he did and seemed to fair fine enough considering they were both weakened stick out tongue

you MAY well be right. i however liken hulk a lot to mangog and his ability to amp his strength via hate in the old days, and odin feared mangog . . . Yet he always beat Mangog didn't he. Also Mangog may well start alot higher than Hulk in strength if his tail can beat up on Thor. Even if Hulk cna beat on thor it isn't easy for him.

true, but hulk himself has some oddities that extend beyond physical. he sees astral bodies for some reason and has been shown his strength defies physical laws. This is true but in the end his strength is always the thing doing the force. While it may seem supernatural there is no indication that it is nothing but physical in power

to me it boils down to this: odin has NEVER been shown to amp his strength with his power. i could call up a few low end feats for odin since everyone seems to bring up his galaxy-destroying power. in the respect thread for hulk is there not a scan of his shaking an entire DIMENSION with punches . . .? True but beings with the same powerset much weaker than him have done power amping. I don't think it a stretch for Odin to be able to amp his strength unless his abse strength is already incredible. While he may have low feats(Odin) Hulk has lower feats if someone would like to play that game even though I already brought them up stick out tongue

meh, like i said, this is purely physical and theoretical. in reality, odin would crush hulk. look at some of hulk's feats though. using strictly his theoretical limits it's hard to see hulk losing many h2h fights. that is true it hard to see Hulk loosing many fight with his THEORETICAL power but we've seen the true extent of this power and the fact is with his strength as good as it is he really hasn't done something teh Silver Surfer couldn't do with his energy powers or Strange with his Magical powers. Still an impressive list of names to be on but no Skyfathers.

i'm curious -- how do you think the armored onslaught would fare against odin, with his reality altering powers and everything . . .? It's hard to say because Odin has own strange power set that can create life rock Galaxies and Solar System. As for on panel the biggest thing Onslaught did was create a Sun very impressive but something I couldn't see Odin doing. Could be a good fight though.

Anyways good discussion. Therotically yea the Hulk could match Odin in strength depending on how far reaching you truely think Hulk's power is. Although I am still unsure how well Hulk could put down Odin if the Odinpower would keep Odin healthy from Hulk's punches.

bigbran
Odin.
He has amped himself up to a level to fight Sutur in h2h.

Hell, he has even bitchslapped Thanos. More than Hulk can say.

Odin doesn't just win, he wins in a stomp.

Hulk rules all
Odin would try really hard but in a slugfest, he's gonna get his over the hill, old fart, scrawny body all beaten and broken. Hulk would lay waste to the one eyed geriatric has been.

leonidas
Originally posted by bigbran
Odin.

be interesting to see what would happen if hulkj was made to be 1000 feet tall, or surtur was shrunk to hulk's size. and he matched him for a moment only before they were both lost. hard to gain anything from that.

using just strength, i'm still not at all convinced hulk doesn't have a chance here, and i certainly don't think it's a stomp.

Symmetric Chaos

using just strength, i'm still not at all convinced hulk doesn't have a chance here, and i certainly don't think it's a stomp.

Well can't Odin amp his strength instantly w/ Odin power?

If he can then for the begining he should have a massive strength advantage since Hulk needs time to reach his max.

dvampire
Hmmm... I still say Odin wins. Odin is still a trained warrior, he'll find a way to put Hulk down. Captain America was able to stop Hulk with pressure points, Odin should be able to that, although I doubt that he's as quick and agile as Cap, he'll manage to do it some how. Odin will just have to avoid going toe to toe with Hulk, because if he does, he'll end up being KOed if he take to many hits.

dvampire
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Well can't Odin amp his strength instantly w/ Odin power?

If he can then for the begining he should have a massive strength advantage since Hulk needs time to reach his max.

The thread starter said that Hulk starts the battle already enraged.

beta ray bob
ODIN IS THE GOD OF GODS!!! hulk loses

DevilGoblin
HULK WINS!!!!!!!

No one can beat an enraged Hulk when he does not want to be beaten.

Hulk is the strongest creature of the MU.

Odin would lose.

DevilGoblin
Originally posted by bigbran
Odin.

only in your dreams

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by DevilGoblin
only in your dreams

Jyppe
Does Zeus have some kind of "odin"force himself?

leonidas
not an odinforce per se, but he is widely considered to be odin's equal in power, though his feats don't necessarily match up.

someone earlier asked if odin can't amp himself instantly to surpass hulk. i don't know -- he never HAS, but that doesn't mean he never CAN, i suppose. i like the mangog analogy though. mangog increases based on absorbing hate. hulk also amps in a similar way. i could ask why couldn't odin simply amp immediately to a level where he just beats down mangog? maybe he can't . . .? erm he beat mangog by cutting mangog off from the source of his power -- essentially he made it impossible for mangog to continue amping.

in THIS fight he has no such recourse and must fight purely h2h . . .

Newjak
not an odinforce per se, but he is widely considered to be odin's equal in power, though his feats don't necessarily match up.

someone earlier asked if odin can't amp himself instantly to surpass hulk. i don't know -- he never HAS, but that doesn't mean he never CAN, i suppose. i like the mangog analogy though. mangog increases based on absorbing hate. hulk also amps in a similar way. i could ask why couldn't odin simply amp immediately to a level where he just beats down mangog? maybe he can't . . .? erm he beat mangog by cutting mangog off from the source of his power -- essentially he made it impossible for mangog to continue amping.

in THIS fight he has no such recourse and must fight purely h2h . . . But they amped off different things. Mangog absorbs the hate around him so essentially he was feeding of the God's themselves so that would mean that he probably was getting stronger absed on the God's power level. even if he wasn't directly tapping into their power his amplifier was in for abundance at the time.

As for Hulk he can get pretty strong pretty fast but nothing that is completely over the top. Most of his top end feats are long after he had transformed and had plenty of time to get very angry.

Odin on the other hand has shown vast power levels and the ability to use them quickly. If he can amp like with Surter then he should be able to summon much more force then Hulk can seeing as Odin's is based solely of will and want while Hulk's based on one emotion.

juggernaut66666
Why do most of the people think that Hulk can't be beaten in a slugfest?

leonidas
oh, as one further comparison:

a relatively weak team of avengers (with an injured thor) engaged at length and actually harmed zeus before he unleashed a massive bolt of power to defeat them. a DOUBLE team of avengers (east and west coast) physically battled a totally crazed hulk for nearly 2 full books before they finally worked together to put him down.

i wonder how zeus would have done against that double team if he could ONLY have used brute force instead of power. for that matter, i wonder how long it would have taken him to beat the SINGLE avengers teams using JUST brute force. erm

Newjak
oh, as one further comparison:

a relatively weak team of avengers (with an injured thor) engaged at length and actually harmed zeus before he unleashed a massive bolt of power to defeat them. a DOUBLE team of avengers (east and west coast) physically battled a totally crazed hulk for nearly 2 full books before they finally worked together to put him down.

i wonder how zeus would have done against that double team if he could ONLY have used brute force instead of power. for that matter, i wonder how long it would have taken him to beat the SINGLE avengers teams using JUST brute force. erm Hard to say
That moment truely was a low showing for Skyfathers. Although at the end of it Zeus was unharmed and had everyone pretty much eating through a straw.

Which brings up back my own point. That team was completely unable to actually harm Zeus. If that team couldn't do it why would Hulk be able to hurt a Skyfather in Odin.

leonidas
But they amped off different things. Mangog absorbs the hate around him so essentially he was feeding of the God's themselves so that would mean that he probably was getting stronger absed on the God's power level. even if he wasn't directly tapping into their power his amplifier was in for abundance at the time.

As for Hulk he can get pretty strong pretty fast but nothing that is completely over the top. Most of his top end feats are long after he had transformed and had plenty of time to get very angry.

that's a misconception. hulk can amp ENORMOUSLY quickly. take the anti-matter instance. he would have had to increase his strength almost infinitely as soon as he stepped in-between the spheres. there are plenty of other examples. AND he comes INTO this fight enraged and capable fo of STILL increasing. there is no basis on which to say that a god's 'hate' is anything more than a normal persons . . .

both mangog and hulk draw from deep reserves. it's hard to say which reserve is deeper, imo.

and again i'll say -- make hulk 1000 ft tall and pout him in a strength contest with surtur . . .

will vs instinctual emotion is another amorphous comparison. too hard to quantify or speak definitively about. and seems to go against what you said earlier. mangog ALSO amps based on one emotion, ala hulk. but he was able to instill fear in odin . . .

it gets down to one simple fact:

--odin's power is said to be 'limitless' (it's not.)
--hulk's ability to draw strength from some other . . . place is said to be limitless. (it's not)

whose reserve is theoretically greater? before you jump in and scream spite, look at the respect thread for hulk. dimensiona shaking strength, performing physical impossibilities . . .

i don't think the answer is as clear-cut as so many think it is.

leonidas
Hard to say
That moment truely was a low showing for Skyfathers. Although at the end of it Zeus was unharmed and had everyone pretty much eating through a straw.

Which brings up back my own point. That team was completely unable to actually harm Zeus. If that team couldn't do it why would Hulk be able to hurt a Skyfather in Odin.

they DID hurt him. zeus himself says he has never been so humbled. thor says marvel hurt him more than any mortal ever had.

a healthy thor fought zeus for a LONG time 1on1. zeus said not all the titans in ages past together provided such a challenge. hulk has fought thor to a standstill. in purely h2h combat hulk has whooped thor.

i know it's an alternate future, but an enraged herc DID put down zeus with overwhelming physical force. i don't think it impossible to see the same thing happen to odin IF enough force could be applied or IF odin's power can be tapped out.

oh, and juggs -- most think hulk can't be beaten in these types of fights because it almost NEVER happens.

serisously. in 40+ years. ALMOST. NEVER. (referring to savge hulk in slugfests only. of course he's been beaten but almost always involving power or in a different incarnation.)

make a list of times savage has been ko'd by PURELY PHYSICAL force for those who don't believe. wink

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by juggernaut66666

Because his physical strenght is actually without limit. In a standard slugfest he would never lose IMO. But Odin has access to a limitless amount of power and I think his AmpRate is better than Hulk's.

Newjak
that's a misconception. hulk can amp ENORMOUSLY quickly. take the anti-matter instance. he would have had to increase his strength almost infinitely as soon as he stepped in-between the spheres. there are plenty of other examples. AND he comes INTO this fight enraged and capable fo of STILL increasing. there is no basis on which to say that a god's 'hate' is anything more than a normal persons . . .

both mangog and hulk draw from deep reserves. it's hard to say which reserve is deeper, imo.

and again i'll say -- make hulk 1000 ft tall and pout him in a strength contest with surtur . . .

will vs instinctual emotion is another amorphous comparison. too hard to quantify or speak definitively about. and seems to go against what you said earlier. mangog ALSO amps based on one emotion, ala hulk. but he was able to instill fear in odin . . .

it gets down to one simple fact:

--odin's power is said to be 'limitless' (it's not.)
--hulk's ability to draw strength from some other . . . place is said to be limitless. (it's not)

whose reserve is theoretically greater? before you jump in and scream spite, look at the respect thread for hulk. dimensiona shaking strength, performing physical impossibilities . . .

i don't think the answer is as clear-cut as so many think it is.
With Mangog doesn't he feed off the Hate of others. That is what I was getting at Mangog gets his strength from others and being placed around a bunch of angry Gods probably helped.

Hulk has to rely solely on his own emotion to get the job done.

Perhapd with my talk of Odin was unclear. I didn't mean to say Odin's will what I was trying to get at is this. Odin always seems to have access to his higher up power. It doesn't seem like he has to actually amp himself up. He just seems to do what he wants at the time. Like with Mangog he may have been afraid but in the end he did what he wanted that was cut off Mangog's powers. Thus his power was enough in the end to make Mangog helpless. So at that time Odin's power greater than Mangog's power to make himself stronger. Odin should be able to turn that kind of power into high end strength at any point.

It doesn't matter how fast Hulk can amp up. His feats while good aren't completely without some other mentions. Juggernaut at his best was tearing through Deminsions. Hulk was loosing the battle with the sphere it took him awhile before he amped himself up to push them apart.

So while theoritcally Hulk may be able to win the fact is amping vs the power to instantly be at those levels is completely a mismatch.

h1a8
It is clear that Odin's strength without his powers are 75-90tons.
It is defined by Stan Lee and other writers. As well as the strength of an average male of the Asgardian race (30tons). Thor is hybrid (his mother was Gaia) and thus is not a pure Asgardian (like Odin is).

Also,
Mjlonir weighs about 40lbs. Zues is either worthy to lift the hammer (he is a Skyfather) or he has similar powers of Odin (I read his bio in OHOTMU and he does-he taps into the same cosmic resources Odin does) and in turn can effect the enchantment of Mjolnir. He just uses his power primarily for force bolts though. Thus what Zues did had nothing to do with his strength. OHOTMU also lists his strength between 75-90tons as well. I think many are too use to seeing Odin with his powers.
Just imagine a pure Asgardian man (a semistrong brick) going up against the Hulk. It would be a massacre. Odin will only make it interesting for a small moment.

roughrider
HULK WINS!!!!!!!

Hulk is the strongest creature of the MU.

Odin would lose.

Thanos has wiped his backside with the Hulk so many times... wink

leonidas
Originally posted by roughrider

not in this type of battle he hasn't, nor has he ever faced off against an enraged hulk before, though he DID liken the thought to battling champ with a gem, a fight he won NOT through physical means, but by being clever. he never DID defeat champ, though his goal was accomplished noetheless.

and nj -- your opinion is completely valid. perhaps odin CAN instantly amp to a level where he could one-shot even an enraged hulk. it's never happened is all i'm saying. wink

dvampire

Can you list them? I only remeber him fighting Hulk with the IG.

Newjak
not in this type of battle he hasn't, nor has he ever faced off against an enraged hulk before, though he DID liken the thought to battling champ with a gem, a fight he won NOT through physical means, but by being clever. he never DID defeat champ, though his goal was accomplished noetheless.

and nj -- your opinion is completely valid. perhaps odin CAN instantly amp to a level where he could one-shot even an enraged hulk. it's never happened is all i'm saying. wink And your point is Valid as well

But then again Hulk has never fought a Skyfather and he has been stalemated by lower level beings.

DevilGoblin
Originally posted by juggernaut66666

Because unlike you people read comics.

juggernaut66666
Because unlike you people read comics.
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

DevilGoblin

in your dreams, yes

The only time Thanos beat him was when he had the infinity gauntlet.

plus, The hulk beat a more powerful version of Thanos, sorry. laughing

juggernaut66666
in your dreams, yes

You retard that was a Thanos clone and Hulk needed the aid of X-man to do it. Read comics.

Edit: He didn't beat him he just tossed him through a portal.

Kurash
thank you devilgoblin and xmeat, you two have successfully made Hulk my least favorite character in all comic books

Soljer
Originally posted by Kurash
thank you devilgoblin and xmeat, you two have successfully made Hulk my least favorite character in all comic books

I honestly sometimes think that it is their intention to do so. They aren't actual Hulk fans - they are actually Hulk HATERS, that are TRYING to get the backlash going by charading as mockeries of true Hulk fans.

roughrider
in your dreams, yes

I'm amazed you can speak so clearly, what with that big green d*ck in your mouth! big grin

Thanos has never been knocked out by a python, or a bat-kick for that matter. Neither has Odin. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.