Hellraiser 4 question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
I was just wondering is the 4th hellraiser movie set after 5,6,7 and 8 or is it set before cause the 4th is all futuristic and the 5,6,7 and 8 don't look futuristic at all, it all looks like present day stuff.

Wolfie
Hellraiser 4 is set in the future. But we're also given history from colonial days about the puzzle box.

After Hellraiser 3, none of the movies are connected so they aren't necessarily in chronological order.

steverules
Oh, so...like 5,6,7 and 8 are set before the events that happen in hellraiser 4?

Wolfie
Obviously. #4 is in the future. All the others are in the present.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Best Hellraiser was the first. Pure and simple. What about the planned reboot of the Hellraiser franchise?

Dinalfos
I thought the first trilogy was pretty decent on the whole, with part II being the best. And goriest.

ThomasGeorge2
all hellraisers suck

steverules
I've only seen the first four and hopefully I'll see 5,6 and 7 soon...maybe 8 if I can get it. But the fourth one...I guess thats pinhead gettin killed for good...rite?

Ethereal
The last one...what was it, where a bunch of kids go to a party and are tricked or something, ****ing SUCKED bad. It didn't even show pinhead or any of the trilobytes in the movie until near the end. WTF, worst one i've seen.

Mider999
i liked part 2 the best and the comics, inferno was not to shabby

Wolfie
I really liked Hellworld actually. It had some cool deaths and didn't tease you with dreams or anything. So I found it as an improvement of the series since Inferno.

Inferno, IMO, was the worst one. I was disappointed with the extreme lack of Pinhead. They've been lacking him for a while, but not as much as that one.

steverules
I really need to get 6,7 and 8...I have 5 which I will watch soon. I need to find them for good prices on eBay.

Pandemoniac
After the first 4 movies, which sort of present a continuous story, the series takes a whole different path. From there on the movies are independent and unconnected tales with elements of hellraiser in it.
Again, as with the first 4, the quality varies greatly. And don't be fooled by Pinheads presence on the covers, the latter movies are hardly about him.

Mider999
inferno isnt that bad, the fourth was eh, the one where there at the party was EHHHHH as well, and the one with lucifer in it i just didnt even get what that was about, i havent seen the one with christy cotten where she shows up again in hell after she's died, my fav hellraiser is 2, three is ok if you wanan see pinhead go all out with his powers and do some major crazy stuff, if your looking for story look elsewhere to part 2 but if your looking for action see 3, part 1 was ok alot of people liked it, but i didnt dont really know how to explain why, i just didnt like the characters of frank and julia, the comics rock if youve ever read them they show all kinda of diffrent keys, and diffrent cenobites, as well as diffrent aspects of hell

pumas79
ok, now im confussed, there are parts 5, 6,7 and 8? but they arnt connected to the others? can someone please explain this in a bit more detail? thanks

steverules
Actually 6 is kinda connected with the first 2 since it has Kirsty

Evil Dead
there is no need to watch 6, 7 and 8........at all.

5 (Inferno) is one of my favorites of the series. I like it better than Hellbound........they just copied it for part 6 (Hellseeker). All they did was change the characters and remake Inferno.

7 (Deader) and 8 (Hellworld) both sucked hard...........would have been better as stand alone films having nothing to do with Hellraiser as they were originally intended to be.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.