South By Southwest (SXSW)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Coolhalvo
For those of you who do not know there is a Music and Film Festival in Austin March 9-18 called South By Southwest (SXSW.com). It has been going on for awhile and, in my opinion, is one of the best events in Texas.

Anyway, does anyone have any thoughts or memories? Is anyone excited for anything in particular?

Personally I am a big film fan and there is a premiere that will occur at the event that I am extremely excited about. The film is called Elvis and Anabelle and it stars Blake Lively (Accepted) and Max Minghella (Art School Confidential). Blake plays a beauty queen, Max plays a mortician, and the two get together because of some interesting circumstances.

The film was shot entirely in Texas and has been chosen for the Gala Night premiere slot. I would love to hear other people's thoughts of the upcoming film. Check out the site - (http://www.elvisandanabelle.com).

botankus
On a side note that's more on-topic than the original post, I finally saw Hitchcock's North by Northwest last weekend.

I'd put it right in the middle as far as the quality of his films. (p.s. that means it's good).

silver_tears
I've been to North by Northeast here in Toronto.
I love it, local talent, awesome food, and awesome people.
There's a whole showcase of Indie talent, and I love undiscovered bands way more than some big name bands, they try harder, it's a great festival.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.