Islam Questions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

muslimscholar
if you have any questions concerning islam post here and i will try my best to answer it thnk you

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by muslimscholar
if you have any questions concerning islam post here and i will try my best to answer it thnk you

Why is there problems between Islam and Christianity?

darktim1
why do they care about temple mount in jurusalem so much?

Regret
Originally posted by darktim1
why do they care about temple mount in jurusalem so much? The prophet Muhammad was taken to the temple mount by an angel, it is a holy site because it is a part of Muhammad's experience. Behind Medina and Mecca. Mecca being number one, obviously.

lil bitchiness
I renamed the title, hopw you don't mind, because we have another thread about islam - missunderstood religion.

Im not gonna merge, so this will be Islam Questions.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Shakyamunison

Don't you mean Islam and Judaism?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Don't you mean Islam and Judaism?

Yes, thank you. But no one has answered my question. sad

finti
why? many problems between the first one as well so why bring in Judaism?

muslimscholar
there are problems betwwen every religon. the main problem between islam and christianity is that christians say jesus is the son of god while muslims say he is one of the mightiest pophets of god so this is themain problem

Jim Reaper
1) Why are muslims thrown in jail or sentenced to death for criticizing islamic practices?

2) Was Muhammad the antichrist? devil

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Jim Reaper
1) Why are muslims thrown in jail or sentenced to death for criticizing islamic practices?

2) Was Muhammad the antichrist? devil

1) The country's law makers have distorted Sharia.

2) No/Dumb question.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by finti
why? many problems between the first one as well so why bring in Judaism?

Uum, no, because due to Arab Israel war, and before, Jews are considered worst enemies of Islam, and West, ei Christians are only considered bad because they are helping Israel.

Furthermore, Jewish women poisoned Muhammad, which initially killed him, so Jews are the bigger enemy.

Here you go, since I assuem you don't follow Arab and Middle Eastern TV and curent events.
http://www.memritv.org/Search.asp?ACT=S5&P1=15

lord xyz
if you have any questions concerning islam post here and i will try my best to answer it thnk you How come all the problems people have with Islam are interchangeable with Christianity?

Alliance
Here you go, since I assuem you don't follow Arab and Middle Eastern TV and curent events.
http://www.memritv.org/Search.asp?ACT=S5&P1=15

Just to the forum in general:

If you want to follow Middle Eastern Media, you should keep in mind that:

Brian Whitaker (Middle east Editer for The Gaurdian and PhD candidate in Middle Eastern Studies) said "the stories selected by Memri for translation follow a familiar pattern: either they reflect badly on the character of Arabs or they in some way further the political agenda of Israel," that MEMRI's "tweaks, cuts and mistranslations always seem to point in the same political direction."

William Rugh (former US ambassador to the UAE and Yemen) said MEMRI "does not present a balanced or complete picture of the Arab print media. ...Quotes are selected to portray Arabs as preaching hatred against Jews and westerners, praising violence and refusing any peaceful settlement of the Palestinian issue."

Ken Livingston (mayor of London) accused MEMRI of "outright distortion" and said MEMRI "tend to portray Islam in a very negative light."

MEMRI also does not extensively cover the Isreali media and was co-founded by a right-wing Zionist.

Now that being said, they do provide A LOT of translation of Middle Eastern media, but keep in mind that Yigal Carmon, the president of MEMRI said "Memri has never claimed to 'represent the view of the Arabic media', but rather to reflect, through our translations, general trends which are widespread and topical."

Just keep that in mind if you choose to extensively use the organization.

Originally posted by lord xyz
How come all the problems people have with Islam are interchangeable with Christianity?
Bias? Or do you prefer narrowmindedness? Lack of vision?

lil bitchiness
How come all the problems people have with Islam are interchangeable with Christianity?
Elaborate?

Shakyamunison
there are problems betwwen every religon. the main problem between islam and christianity is that christians say jesus is the son of god while muslims say he is one of the mightiest pophets of god so this is themain problem

OK, but why would Islam care what Christians think?

lord xyz
Originally posted by Alliance
Bias? Or do you prefer narrowmindedness? Lack of vision? I don't understand what you're trying to imply here.

lord xyz
Elaborate? Just all the crazy rules Islam has, Christianity has, and all the things that people associate with Islam ie terrorism and fundamentalism, are also to do with christianity.

Jim Reaper

§uffer§noopy
I bet someone is going to say "Wikipedia is unreliable".

lil bitchiness
Just all the crazy rules Islam has, Christianity has, and all the things that people associate with Islam ie terrorism and fundamentalism, are also to do with christianity.
Here are mainpoints

Christianity is a faith. Its a religion and can be personal. We are all withness to that.

Islam is not a faith. Islam by its definition is NOT a faith.
Islam is socio-political, socio-religious, economical, educational, juristric, legislative, militaristic system, cloaked in religious terminology.

And until you actually know a great deal about Islam, this will not be apperant to you

Second, coming from the east, I promise you, i have NEVER heard Jihad to be an inner struggle. Never ever. I was never thought jihad was an inner struggle, and the only time I actually came across that idea was when I moved to west (England) - so from a (tiny bit more) reliable source, Jihad is a holy War.
Mujahedeen are warriors and Shahids are the suicide bombers (Shahid literal translation means martyr, so that implies that)

The city I was born in, was called (thought not officially renamed)long time ago Dar Ul Jihad
Which means The House of War - not the ''politically correct house of inner struggle'' - it means The House of War.

Fire
While I certainly agree with many of your points Lil. To me and too many other people as well Islam can be more than a socio-political way to organise society. It can be, and is, a religion of peace for millions of people.

Granted the socio-political aspect has become more obvious than the religious aspect. But saying that it isn't a religion at all seems a bit too far to me.

Fatima
Here are mainpoints

Christianity is a faith. Its a religion and can be personal. We are all withness to that.

Islam is socio-political, socio-religious, economical, educational, juristric, legislative, militaristic system, cloaked in religious terminology.

And until you actually know a great deal about Islam, this will not be apperant to you

Second, coming from the east, I promise you, i have NEVER heard Jihad to be an inner struggle. Never ever. I was never thought jihad was an inner struggle, and the only time I actually came across that idea was when I moved to west (England) - so from a (tiny bit more) reliable source, Jihad is a holy War.
Mujahedeen are warriors and Shahids are the suicide bombers (Shahid literal translation means martyr, so that implies that)

The city I was born in, was called (thought not officially renamed)long time ago Dar Ul Jihad
Which means The House of War - not the ''politically correct house of inner struggle'' - it means The House of War.

Sorry lil but you still ignorant of Islam .

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Fatima
Sorry lil but you still ignorant of Islam .

The thing is, I am not. I know a lot about Islam. I grew up around Islam.
And do not ever look upon me as a Westener, because I am not one, thus I am not Politically Correct, and I am not ingorant of Islam or its history.
Which means that you cannot feed me crap about Islam, the way you can them.

lil bitchiness
So, lets look at the current events, around the world, involving Muslims.

Thailand - Islamics clashes as they try to establish Independent Islamic State. Repeated attack and slaughter of Buddhists.

Chechnya - Islamists in conflict with Russia to establish Independent Islamic State.

Dagestan - Islamist conflict to establish Independent Islamist state to link to Chechnya.

Philippines - Islamist groups, up and including Abu Sayyaf in conflict to establish Independent islamic State

Kosovo - Albanian muslims in conflict with Serbia, to establish Independent Islamist state

Cyprus - Turky's illegal occupation of Northen Cyprus.

Kashmir - Clashes between Muslims and Hindus

Pakistan - a successfully separated Islamic state from India

Somalia - Islamist in conflict with secular government to establish Shari'a law. Islamists also declared 'Jihad' on neighbouring Ethiopia

Ivory Coast - Muslim clashes with native ethnic Bates.

Israel - Muslim clashes from various neighboring countries with Jews

China (Xinjiang Uighur region) - facing Islamic insurgency

Nigeria - Muslim clashes of North, with Christians in the South.

Sudan - Arab Muslims clahses with Africans. War begun with Africans revolted against Arab khartoum government. Arabs released Janjaweed to kill, rape and clense.
Also, Muslim clashes in Sudan with Christians in the south.

Indonesia - Muslim attack on Hindus and Christians in Bali area .

Indonesia, Island of Maluku - Muslim frequent clashes with Christians.

Eritrea - Frequent clahses of Muslim ELF against Ethiopians, Jihad declaired against Ethiopia.

Chad - recent victims of Arab Islamist Sudan militia.

Macedonia - Muslim clashes with Orthdox Macedonians and Greeks respectively.

And so on. That is excluding brutal governments of Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Palestine...etc and their treatment of non-Muslims.

''Religion of Peace''? Right.

Sam Z
Yeah, keep going off-topic (islam questions, wasn't it?) and blaming political conflicts on religion. I can give you simillar but much bigger list about christianity, so what?

Lil B not biased against Islam? Right...

muslimscholar
Here are mainpoints

islam is a religon
jihad means to struggle not holy war
jihad there are 2 types one jihad agains our self like to stop ourselfes from doing bad things that is jihad. the 2nd jihad is to fight for the sake of allah or to defend your country
mujahedeen are people who fight for religon or country
shahids are those who die for allah or country
sucide bombers those who kill innocent people go to hell islam does not aloow to kill innocent people but those who kill them selves to kill those who are fighting them will go hevean

thought you knew a lot about islam?
next time get it right

Alliance

Not true at all.

You make no distiction between a religion and governments based on that religion. You cannot manipulate the ideology to include those who promote it in other areas.

It would be like saying communism was at fault for Stalin's wrongdoings in the USSR. Its not an innate problem with communism, its a problem witht he way people interpret and apply it.

Same goes for Islam. Islam exists in many parts of the world without becoming a totalitarian ideology. Like many other religions, notable Judaism and Christianity, it attempts to invade other areas of society. Good societies block that invasion.

Therefore, its not a problem with Islam, but a problem with societies and thier interpretation of Islam. Many societies have gone through these issues at one point or another.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Sam Z
Yeah, keep going off-topic (islam questions, wasn't it?) and blaming political conflicts on religion. I can give you simillar but much bigger list about christianity, so what?

Lil B not biased against Islam? Right...

Well the thing is that people keep going on about how peaceful Islam is. With chrisanity we are already aware of the problems it brings.

Oh yeah lil can add Trinidad to that list. A muslim from Trinidad actually told me that they tried to start an Islamic State there with force. The muslim who told me wasnt even a strict muslim either.

Sam Z
Originally posted by Alfheim
Well the thing is that people keep going on about how peaceful Islam is. With chrisanity we are already aware of the problems it brings.

Oh yeah lil can add Trinidad to that list. A muslim from Trinidad actually told me that they tried to start an Islamic State there with force. The muslim who told me wasnt even a strict muslim either.

Well, there is nothing wrong with that since Islam itself IS a peaceful religion. Political conflicts is a different thing though, and blaming it on Islam makes as much sense as blaming christianity for war in Iraq or Judaism for Israel/palestin conflict.

Alfheim
were just going around in circles.....again.

Sam Z
True.erm I think I'll just go back to comicbooks vs forum then.
Spider-man vs Wolverine thread sounds promising...

Alfheim
True.erm I think I'll just go back to comicbooks vs forum then.
Spider-man vs Wolverine thread sounds promising...

Meh had it up to here with Wolverine.

Eis
Well, there is nothing wrong with that since Islam itself IS a peaceful religion. Political conflicts is a different thing though, and blaming it on Islam makes as much sense as blaming christianity for war in Iraq or Judaism for Israel/palestin conflict.
Does Islam not condone corporal punishment? Peace is a term applicable outside the subject of war.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Alliance
Not true at all.

You make no distiction between a religion and governments based on that religion. You cannot manipulate the ideology to include those who promote it in other areas.

It would be like saying communism was at fault for Stalin's wrongdoings in the USSR. Its not an innate problem with communism, its a problem witht he way people interpret and apply it.

Same goes for Islam. Islam exists in many parts of the world without becoming a totalitarian ideology. Like many other religions, notable Judaism and Christianity, it attempts to invade other areas of society. Good societies block that invasion.

Therefore, its not a problem with Islam, but a problem with societies and thier interpretation of Islam. Many societies have gone through these issues at one point or another.

Ignoring the fact I copied the quote from Muslim Cleric, and added ''cloaked into religious terminology'' bit, please tell me why you are Ignoring Sharia Law as a part of Islamic religion?

No other religion has got anything which rivels Sharia Law in Islam - It is a political system, social system, moral system and of course law system, so what is that if not political?

Not that I doubt your good intentions - I despise the lazy, ignorant, cowardly people thirsting for recognition who jump on the safe wagons and trumpet only the safe "truths", those for which they know no consequences will befall them.

While you, and majority people wouldn't DARE to utter a single word against Muslim aggression, or risk a backlash by letting go of your political correctness when it comes to Muslims, homosexuals or anyone else except Christians, you feel it's perfectly safe to join in with those who bash opposition to Islam as well as Christians and further promote the biggoted, evil, modern-day fascists brand for people who oppose Islam, because everybody else does it and nothing has ever happened to them.

So now, you are lecturing me on how Islamic system is different, by complitely ignoring Sharia Law, put in place for sole purpose of political system, under the flag of allah.

Lord Urizen
LIL B has proven her knowledge of Islam, and has provided FAR MORE factual information, including references to and from the Quran itself, than both Muslimscholar and Fatima combined.

You two take such offense at what LIL B provides, she is NOT insulting your Faith, she is insulting the corruption that Islam has underwent for centuries, much like I attack not Christianity ITSELF, but the corruption of Christianity....

muslimscholar
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
LIL B has proven her knowledge of Islam, and has provided FAR MORE factual information, including references to and from the Quran itself, than both Muslimscholar and Fatima combined.

You two take such offense at what LIL B provides, she is NOT insulting your Faith, she is insulting the corruption that Islam has underwent for centuries, much like I attack not Christianity ITSELF, but the corruption of Christianity....
yes quotes out of context and sometimes changes them

Fatima
L U first welcome a gain .. Which fact did she provided from Quran ?she just blame Islam in everything happened in the world and thats nuts ..

Lord Urizen
L U first welcome a gain .. Which fact did she provided from Quran ?she just blame Islam in everything happened in the world and thats nuts ..

Thank You

Secondly, she is attacking Islamic government, not the religion itself. She is also attacking Islam's founder, Muhammed, who was in fact, a very violent man.

LIL B told me in a previous argument that she did NOT CARE about the details of Islam...she does not care if you beleive in Allah, or Adam and Eve, in Genesis, etc. She feels you have every right to beleive those things....

However, she is opposed to the violence that Quran encourages, and the violence that has been done in the name of Allah for centuries. I am also opposed to this as well. I agree with her on that.

Don't worry though....Christianity's history is no better. WE of the West do not thnk we are better than you, so please do not beleive that. I cannot tolerate violence, and I cannot tolerate blind Hatred. If i see it in ANY realm, Christianity, Islam, any religion, any setting, any government, any place or time, I will not tolerate it, and neither will LIL B

Fatima
yea yea I heard that alot ..If u have any evidence just show us otherwise u and lil just wanna waste our time ..Bye

Lord Urizen
yea yea I heard that alot ..If u have any evidence just show us otherwise u and lil just wanna waste our time ..Bye

What would you like evidense for ?

§uffer§noopy
Argh, you're back.

Lord Urizen

TRH
Why do they blow them selves up in bus stations,fly planes into buildins and abuse women?confused

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by TRH
Why do they blow them selves up in bus stations,fly planes into buildins and abuse women?confused

Don't be so negative. eek! laughing Wouldn't Christians do the same if "God" told them too? big grin

muslimscholar
Originally posted by TRH

doin suicide to kill innocent people is not alowed in islam and islam does not abuse women

Symmetric Chaos
doin suicide to kill innocent people is not alowed in islam

So are Muslim suicde bomber not Muslim or not killing innocent people?

and islam does not abuse women

erm

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
So are Muslim suicde bomber not Muslim or not killing innocent people?

erm

They don't see the people who die from a suicide bomber as being innocent, because a suicide bomber would never attack the innocent. roll eyes (sarcastic)

TRH
Don't be so negative. eek! laughing Wouldn't Christians do the same if "God" told them too? big grin If god told them to those mindless zombies whould tourture themselves

TRH
They don't see the people who die from a suicide bomber as being innocent, because a suicide bomber would never attack the innocent. roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

TRH
doin suicide to kill innocent people is not alowed in islam and islam does not abuse women ohhh right...... laughing

TRH
about the abuse women part....other than the fact that women are treated as second class citizens.....I have a friend who was in turkey near Ankara on some back street when all of a sudden he heard yelling,a teenage girl had gotten pregnant and her father was dragging her into the street by her hair as the wife beat her they strung her up and then to to the encourage meant of the locals and police men they then *if you are squeamish stop reading here* cut her open and attempted to pull the baby out(which was not really a baby at all yet) of the womb,she died right there and the boy that made her pregnant do you know what happened to him he was lightly slapped and grounded for 2 weeks and told to repent......one of the saddest things i ever heard

Quiero Mota

I have a question about that religion.

Why is it that all prayers must be in Arabic?? The Salat (Five Daily Prayers) have to be in Arabic in order to be "valid" or recognized by God; even Muslims who don't speak Arabic must do so during the prayers. That's such a bullshit rule. I can't think of any other religion with that requirement. Christians and Jews are free to pray to God, in what ever language they choose, because it doesn't really matter since he is all-knowing. Hell, most Jewish Americans can't even speak Hebrew. It's the message that matters, not the language used to deliver it.

In fact, translations of the Koran are called "interpretations". What the hell is that? That's very arrogant and Arab-centric.

So tell me, muslimscholar, why does Islam have that rigid rule that makes no sense what-so-ever.

Originally posted by TRH
If god told them to those mindless zombies whould tourture themselves

Yeah tell me about it.

"Religion of Peace"...my ass.

debbiejo
Originally posted by TRH
about the abuse women part....other than the fact that women are treated as second class citizens.....I have a friend who was in turkey near Ankara on some back street when all of a sudden he heard yelling,a teenage girl had gotten pregnant and her father was dragging her into the street by her hair as the wife beat her they strung her up and then to to the encourage meant of the locals and police men they then *if you are squeamish stop reading here* cut her open and attempted to pull the baby out(which was not really a baby at all yet) of the womb,she died right there and the boy that made her pregnant do you know what happened to him he was lightly slapped and grounded for 2 weeks and told to repent......one of the saddest things i ever heard Disgusting. I've read many abuses like this.

muslimscholar
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I have a question about that religion.

Why is it that all prayers must be in Arabic?? The Salat (Five Daily Prayers) have to be in Arabic in order to be "valid" or recognized by God; even Muslims who don't speak Arabic must do so during the prayers. That's such a bullshit rule. I can't think of any other religion with that requirement. Christians and Jews are free to pray to God, in what ever language they choose, because it doesn't really matter since he is all-knowing. Hell, most Jewish Americans can't even speak Hebrew. It's the message that matters, not the language used to deliver it.

In fact, translations of the Koran are called "interpretations". What the hell is that? That's very arrogant and Arab-centric.

So tell me, muslimscholar, why does Islam have that rigid rule that makes no sense what-so-ever.

Yeah tell me about it.

"Religion of Peace"...my ass.

salah does not have to be in arabic new onverts read it in their language until they learn how to read the quran and prayers dont have to be in arabic dont know where you got that from

what rule is so rigid and dosent make any sence to you?

muslimscholar
Originally posted by TRH
about the abuse women part....other than the fact that women are treated as second class citizens.....I have a friend who was in turkey near Ankara on some back street when all of a sudden he heard yelling,a teenage girl had gotten pregnant and her father was dragging her into the street by her hair as the wife beat her they strung her up and then to to the encourage meant of the locals and police men they then *if you are squeamish stop reading here* cut her open and attempted to pull the baby out(which was not really a baby at all yet) of the womb,she died right there and the boy that made her pregnant do you know what happened to him he was lightly slapped and grounded for 2 weeks and told to repent......one of the saddest things i ever heard

in Islam men and women are equal. there is a different between culture and religion. some things that are culture are mistaken for religion like the girl got killed and nothing happened to the boy Islam doesn't say do that does it so you see you have to look out for what is culture what is religion

Shakyamunison
in Islam men and women are equal. there is a different between culture and religion. some things that are culture are mistaken for religion like the girl got killed and nothing happened to the boy Islam doesn't say do that does it so you see you have to look out for what is culture what is religion

However, culture and religion are not separate entities. They intertwine and influence each other. Perhaps religion within a different culture would act differently, and there is good evidence to support that. So, would you agree, in the case of the extremists, that the culture of violence has distorted the religion of Islam?

Regret

So tell me, muslimscholar, why does Islam have that rigid rule that makes no sense what-so-ever. I went slightly off your question, addressing the Koran, which to my knowledge is the only language specific portion of Islam. Any translation of any text is interpretive. If the Bible had never been translated it would have been more uniform in its presentation, with overt changes between texts instead of the covert changes available due to language differences. Any Biblical scholar would say that a Hebrew/Aramaic/Greek original language version would be more accurate than a translations, it is a logical and sound method for maintaining integrity in their scripture and religious practice. It is likely that Islam has altered less than many religions due to this requirement. Less interpretation is needed to understand the text than if it were translated into English where language interpretation is added.

Regret
However, culture and religion are not separate entities. They intertwine and influence each other. Perhaps religion within a different culture would act differently, and there is good evidence to support that. So, would you agree, in the case of the extremists, that the culture of violence has distorted the religion of Islam? Have they distorted the religion, or an outsider's opinion of the religion? I think culture influences beliefs, interpretations and practices of various members of a religion, but I also believe that it does not necessarily alter/distort the religion (the texts and facts concerning the dogma) itself.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Regret
Have they distorted the religion, or an outsider's opinion of the religion? I think culture influences beliefs, interpretations and practices of various members of a religion, but I also believe that it does not necessarily alter/distort the religion (the texts and facts concerning the dogma) itself.

However, if within a reign a particular dogma is commonly believed, and this belief is different from another reign, a split in the religion will occur. This can be seen in all religions of the world. Therefore, how people view a religion, based upon culture has a direct influence on doctrine. Understandable there is resistance to this kind of change, and it is not done easily, but the influence of a violent culture on a peaceful religion has been shown, to more often then not, have a violent outcome. It may not change the basic dogma, but distort them for the immediate conflict. Case in point is the Protestant Reformation.

Regret
However, if within a reign a particular dogma is commonly believed, and this belief is different from another reign, a split in the religion will occur. This can be seen in all religions of the world. Therefore, how people view a religion, based upon culture has a direct influence on doctrine. Understandable there is resistance to this kind of change, and it is not done easily, but the influence of a violent culture on a peaceful religion has been shown, to more often then not, have a violent outcome. It may not change the basic dogma, but distort them for the immediate conflict. Case in point is the Protestant Reformation. I agree, after posting my comment I reconsidered the concept. I believe that Martin Luther altered Christianity with his concept of "Salvation by faith alone" in such a manner, and American culture has provided the proper zeitgeist for such a concept to grow into a pervasive part of Christianity.

Shakyamunison
I agree, after posting my comment I reconsidered the concept. I believe that Martin Luther altered Christianity with his concept of "Salvation by faith alone" in such a manner, and American culture has provided the proper zeitgeist for such a concept to grow into a pervasive part of Christianity.

Are you telling me I won?jawdrop

laughing

Regret
Are you telling me I won?jawdrop

laughing Yes, I think you did mad

laughing wink

Regret
I agree, after posting my comment I reconsidered the concept. I believe that Martin Luther altered Christianity with his concept of "Salvation by faith alone" in such a manner, and American culture has provided the proper zeitgeist for such a concept to grow into a pervasive part of Christianity. Despite the fact that I personally disagree with mainstream Christianity's take on the subject, as well as Martin Luther's wink The concept is a strong aspect of Christianity in some denominations, and by an outsider should be viewed as a predominant concept among Christians in general.

lil bitchiness
Your statements are not supported by Qur'an. Women are NOT equal.
Qur'an tells us so.

We see in Qur'an 002.228

YUSUFALI: Divorced women shall wait concerning themselves for three monthly periods. Nor is it lawful for them to hide what Allah Hath created in their wombs, if they have faith in Allah and the Last Day. And their husbands have the better right to take them back in that period, if they wish for reconciliation. And women shall have rights similar to the rights against them, according to what is equitable; but men have a degree (of advantage) over them. And Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise.
PICKTHAL: Women who are divorced shall wait, keeping themselves apart, three (monthly) courses. And it is not lawful for them that they should conceal that which Allah hath created in their wombs if they are believers in Allah and the Last Day. And their husbands would do better to take them back in that case if they desire a reconciliation. And they (women) have rights similar to those (of men) over them in kindness, and men are a degree above them. Allah is Mighty, Wise.
SHAKIR: And the divorced women should keep themselves in waiting for three courses; and it is not lawful for them that they should conceal what Allah has created in their wombs, if they believe in Allah and the last day; and their husbands have a better right to take them back in the meanwhile if they wish for reconciliation; and they have rights similar to those against them in a just manner, and the men are a degree above them, and Allah is Mighty, Wise.

Qur'an advocates that disobediant women should be beaten. Also, men are degree over women -

YUSUFALI: Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all).
PICKTHAL: Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High, Exalted, Great.
SHAKIR: Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.

Inheritance of women is not equal to that of a man, Qur'an tells us in the following verse -

YUSUFALI: Allah (thus) directs you as regards your Children's (Inheritance): to the male, a portion equal to that of two females: if only daughters, two or more, their share is two-thirds of the inheritance; if only one, her share is a half. For parents, a sixth share of the inheritance to each, if the deceased left children; if no children, and the parents are the (only) heirs, the mother has a third; if the deceased Left brothers (or sisters) the mother has a sixth. (The distribution in all cases ('s) after the payment of legacies and debts. Ye know not whether your parents or your children are nearest to you in benefit. These are settled portions ordained by Allah; and Allah is All-knowing, Al-wise.
PICKTHAL: Allah chargeth you concerning (the provision for) your children: to the male the equivalent of the portion of two females, and if there be women more than two, then theirs is two-thirds of the inheritance, and if there be one (only) then the half. And to each of his parents a sixth of the inheritance, if he have a son; and if he have no son and his parents are his heirs, then to his mother appertaineth the third; and if he have brethren, then to his mother appertaineth the sixth, after any legacy he may have bequeathed, or debt (hath been paid). Your parents and your children: Ye know not which of them is nearer unto you in usefulness. It is an injunction from Allah. Lo! Allah is Knower, Wise.
SHAKIR: Allah enjoins you concerning your children: The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females; then if they are more than two females, they shall have two-thirds of what the deceased has left, and if there is one, she shall have the half; and as for his parents, each of them shall have the sixth of what he has left if he has a child, but if he has no child and (only) his two parents inherit him, then his mother shall have the third; but if he has brothers, then his mother shall have the sixth after (the payment of) a bequest he may have bequeathed or a debt; your parents and your children, you know not which of them is the nearer to you in usefulness; this is an ordinance from Allah: Surely Allah is Knowing, Wise.

lil bitchiness
Then we are told that a testemony of 1 man is worth 2 of a woman -

YUSUFALI: O ye who believe! When ye deal with each other, in transactions involving future obligations in a fixed period of time, reduce them to writing Let a scribe write down faithfully as between the parties: let not the scribe refuse to write: as Allah Has taught him, so let him write. Let him who incurs the liability dictate, but let him fear His Lord Allah, and not diminish aught of what he owes. If they party liable is mentally deficient, or weak, or unable Himself to dictate, Let his guardian dictate faithfully, and get two witnesses, out of your own men, and if there are not two men, then a man and two women, such as ye choose, for witnesses, so that if one of them errs, the other can remind her. The witnesses should not refuse when they are called on (For evidence). Disdain not to reduce to writing (your contract) for a future period, whether it be small or big: it is juster in the sight of Allah, More suitable as evidence, and more convenient to prevent doubts among yourselves but if it be a transaction which ye carry out on the spot among yourselves, there is no blame on you if ye reduce it not to writing. But take witness whenever ye make a commercial contract; and let neither scribe nor witness suffer harm. If ye do (such harm), it would be wickedness in you. So fear Allah; For it is Good that teaches you. And Allah is well acquainted with all things. If ye are on a journey, and cannot find a scribe, a pledge with possession (may serve the purpose). And if one of you deposits a thing on trust with another, let the trustee (faithfully) discharge his trust, and let him Fear his Lord conceal not evidence; for whoever conceals it, - his heart is tainted with sin. And Allah knoweth all that ye do.
PICKTHAL: O ye who believe! When ye contract a debt for a fixed term, record it in writing. Let a scribe record it in writing between you in (terms of) equity. No scribe should refuse to write as Allah hath taught him, so let him write, and let him who incurreth the debt dictate, and let him observe his duty to Allah his Lord, and diminish naught thereof. But if he who oweth the debt is of low understanding, or weak, or unable himself to dictate, then let the guardian of his interests dictate in (terms of) equity. And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not (at hand) then a man and two women, of such as ye approve as witnesses, so that if the one erreth (through forgetfulness) the other will remember. And the witnesses must not refuse when they are summoned. Be not averse to writing down (the contract) whether it be small or great, with (record of) the term thereof. That is more equitable in the sight of Allah and more sure for testimony, and the best way of avoiding doubt between you; save only in the case when it is actual merchandise which ye transfer among yourselves from hand to hand. In that case it is no sin for you if ye write it not. And have witnesses when ye sell one to another, and let no harm be done to scribe or witness. If ye do (harm to them) lo! it is a sin in you. Observe your duty to Allah. Allah is teaching you. And Allah is knower of all things.
SHAKIR: O you who believe! when you deal with each other in contracting a debt for a fixed time, then write it down; and let a scribe write it down between you with fairness; and the scribe should not refuse to write as Allah has taught him, so he should write; and let him who owes the debt dictate, and he should be careful of (his duty to) Allah, his Lord, and not diminish anything from it; but if he who owes the debt is unsound in understanding, or weak, or (if) he is not able to dictate himself, let his guardian dictate with fairness; and call in to witness from among your men two witnesses; but if there are not two men, then one man and two women from among those whom you choose to be witnesses, so that if one of the two errs, the second of the two may remind the other; and the witnesses should not refuse when they are summoned; and be not averse to writing it (whether it is) small or large, with the time of its falling due; this is more equitable in the sight of Allah and assures greater accuracy in testimony, and the nearest (way) that you may not entertain doubts (afterwards), except when it is ready merchandise which you give and take among yourselves from hand to hand, then there is no blame on you in not writing it down; and have witnesses when you barter with one another, and let no harm be done to the scribe or to the witness; and if you do (it) then surely it will be a transgression in you, and be careful of (your duty) to Allah, Allah teaches you, and Allah knows all things.

TRH
and this so called culture exists in muslim countrys only?lol

TRH
I belive islam is sexist dangerous a distorted religon

muslimscholar
Your statements are not supported by Qur'an. Women are NOT equal.
Qur'an tells us so.

We see in Qur'an 002.228

YUSUFALI: Divorced women shall wait concerning themselves for three monthly periods. Nor is it lawful for them to hide what Allah Hath created in their wombs, if they have faith in Allah and the Last Day. And their husbands have the better right to take them back in that period, if they wish for reconciliation. And women shall have rights similar to the rights against them, according to what is equitable; but men have a degree (of advantage) over them. And Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise.
PICKTHAL: Women who are divorced shall wait, keeping themselves apart, three (monthly) courses. And it is not lawful for them that they should conceal that which Allah hath created in their wombs if they are believers in Allah and the Last Day. And their husbands would do better to take them back in that case if they desire a reconciliation. And they (women) have rights similar to those (of men) over them in kindness, and men are a degree above them. Allah is Mighty, Wise.
SHAKIR: And the divorced women should keep themselves in waiting for three courses; and it is not lawful for them that they should conceal what Allah has created in their wombs, if they believe in Allah and the last day; and their husbands have a better right to take them back in the meanwhile if they wish for reconciliation; and they have rights similar to those against them in a just manner, and the men are a degree above them, and Allah is Mighty, Wise.

in some places men have a degree over women but in other places women have a degree over man in this case a man has a degree over women

Qur'an advocates that disobediant women should be beaten. Also, men are degree over women -

YUSUFALI: Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all).
PICKTHAL: Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High, Exalted, Great.
SHAKIR: Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.

men have a right to beat women lightely to make her understand to educate her if she is wrong

Inheritance of women is not equal to that of a man, Qur'an tells us in the following verse -

YUSUFALI: Allah (thus) directs you as regards your Children's (Inheritance): to the male, a portion equal to that of two females: if only daughters, two or more, their share is two-thirds of the inheritance; if only one, her share is a half. For parents, a sixth share of the inheritance to each, if the deceased left children; if no children, and the parents are the (only) heirs, the mother has a third; if the deceased Left brothers (or sisters) the mother has a sixth. (The distribution in all cases ('s) after the payment of legacies and debts. Ye know not whether your parents or your children are nearest to you in benefit. These are settled portions ordained by Allah; and Allah is All-knowing, Al-wise.
PICKTHAL: Allah chargeth you concerning (the provision for) your children: to the male the equivalent of the portion of two females, and if there be women more than two, then theirs is two-thirds of the inheritance, and if there be one (only) then the half. And to each of his parents a sixth of the inheritance, if he have a son; and if he have no son and his parents are his heirs, then to his mother appertaineth the third; and if he have brethren, then to his mother appertaineth the sixth, after any legacy he may have bequeathed, or debt (hath been paid). Your parents and your children: Ye know not which of them is nearer unto you in usefulness. It is an injunction from Allah. Lo! Allah is Knower, Wise.
SHAKIR: Allah enjoins you concerning your children: The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females; then if they are more than two females, they shall have two-thirds of what the deceased has left, and if there is one, she shall have the half; and as for his parents, each of them shall have the sixth of what he has left if he has a child, but if he has no child and (only) his two parents inherit him, then his mother shall have the third; but if he has brothers, then his mother shall have the sixth after (the payment of) a bequest he may have bequeathed or a debt; your parents and your children, you know not which of them is the nearer to you in usefulness; this is an ordinance from Allah: Surely Allah is Knowing, Wise.

a man has more responsibiletys then a women so he gets more because he has to support a family but a women does not. the woman's husband provides for her evan if she has the money the husband cant tell her to spend it.

muslimscholar

YUSUFALI: O ye who believe! When ye deal with each other, in transactions involving future obligations in a fixed period of time, reduce them to writing Let a scribe write down faithfully as between the parties: let not the scribe refuse to write: as Allah Has taught him, so let him write. Let him who incurs the liability dictate, but let him fear His Lord Allah, and not diminish aught of what he owes. If they party liable is mentally deficient, or weak, or unable Himself to dictate, Let his guardian dictate faithfully, and get two witnesses, out of your own men, and if there are not two men, then a man and two women, such as ye choose, for witnesses, so that if one of them errs, the other can remind her. The witnesses should not refuse when they are called on (For evidence). Disdain not to reduce to writing (your contract) for a future period, whether it be small or big: it is juster in the sight of Allah, More suitable as evidence, and more convenient to prevent doubts among yourselves but if it be a transaction which ye carry out on the spot among yourselves, there is no blame on you if ye reduce it not to writing. But take witness whenever ye make a commercial contract; and let neither scribe nor witness suffer harm. If ye do (such harm), it would be wickedness in you. So fear Allah; For it is Good that teaches you. And Allah is well acquainted with all things. If ye are on a journey, and cannot find a scribe, a pledge with possession (may serve the purpose). And if one of you deposits a thing on trust with another, let the trustee (faithfully) discharge his trust, and let him Fear his Lord conceal not evidence; for whoever conceals it, - his heart is tainted with sin. And Allah knoweth all that ye do.
PICKTHAL: O ye who believe! When ye contract a debt for a fixed term, record it in writing. Let a scribe record it in writing between you in (terms of) equity. No scribe should refuse to write as Allah hath taught him, so let him write, and let him who incurreth the debt dictate, and let him observe his duty to Allah his Lord, and diminish naught thereof. But if he who oweth the debt is of low understanding, or weak, or unable himself to dictate, then let the guardian of his interests dictate in (terms of) equity. And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not (at hand) then a man and two women, of such as ye approve as witnesses, so that if the one erreth (through forgetfulness) the other will remember. And the witnesses must not refuse when they are summoned. Be not averse to writing down (the contract) whether it be small or great, with (record of) the term thereof. That is more equitable in the sight of Allah and more sure for testimony, and the best way of avoiding doubt between you; save only in the case when it is actual merchandise which ye transfer among yourselves from hand to hand. In that case it is no sin for you if ye write it not. And have witnesses when ye sell one to another, and let no harm be done to scribe or witness. If ye do (harm to them) lo! it is a sin in you. Observe your duty to Allah. Allah is teaching you. And Allah is knower of all things.
SHAKIR: O you who believe! when you deal with each other in contracting a debt for a fixed time, then write it down; and let a scribe write it down between you with fairness; and the scribe should not refuse to write as Allah has taught him, so he should write; and let him who owes the debt dictate, and he should be careful of (his duty to) Allah, his Lord, and not diminish anything from it; but if he who owes the debt is unsound in understanding, or weak, or (if) he is not able to dictate himself, let his guardian dictate with fairness; and call in to witness from among your men two witnesses; but if there are not two men, then one man and two women from among those whom you choose to be witnesses, so that if one of the two errs, the second of the two may remind the other; and the witnesses should not refuse when they are summoned; and be not averse to writing it (whether it is) small or large, with the time of its falling due; this is more equitable in the sight of Allah and assures greater accuracy in testimony, and the nearest (way) that you may not entertain doubts (afterwards), except when it is ready merchandise which you give and take among yourselves from hand to hand, then there is no blame on you in not writing it down; and have witnesses when you barter with one another, and let no harm be done to the scribe or to the witness; and if you do (it) then surely it will be a transgression in you, and be careful of (your duty) to Allah, Allah teaches you, and Allah knows all things.

1 man is worth 2 women only in court. 2 women give witness against 1 man because the other women can assist the other women in court if she forgets the other woman is their to support her

Lord Urizen
hahhaa Muslimscholar's desparate attempts to justify the sexism of his Holy Book laughing

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by muslimscholar in some places men have a degree over women but in other places women have a degree over man in this case a man has a degree over women

a man has more responsibiletys then a women so he gets more because he has to support a family but a women does not. the woman's husband provides for her evan if she has the money the husband cant tell her to spend it.

Men do not have to beat women to make them understand they are wrong. Do you beat your friend to make them understand that he is wrong?

It is only animals that people beat to make them understand that something they are doing is wrong. Women are not animals.
1 man is worth 2 women only in court. 2 women give witness against 1 man because the other women can assist the other women in court if she forgets the other woman is their to support her

Why would a woman forget and not a man?
Qur'an is sexist, and thus women are not equal - if they are not equal in ''some cases'' then they are not eqal at all.

Furthermore, the status of women in Saudi Arabia has declined since arrival of Muhammad.

Didn't Muhammad say that he has seen hell and the most of the dwellers in hell are women?
Why is this?

If women are not equal in the eyes of the law, if they are not equal when i comes to distributing ineritance, and if they can be beat to be made understand that they are wrong, what ARE they equal at?

Alfheim

Awww man this is priceless, im taking notes. laughing

Hell girls tend to do better at school than guys.

TRH
in some places men have a degree over women but in other places women have a degree over man in this case a man has a degree over women

men have a right to beat women lightely to make her understand to educate her if she is wrong

a man has more responsibiletys then a women so he gets more because he has to support a family but a women does not. the woman's husband provides for her evan if she has the money the husband cant tell her to spend it. Your hilarious your religon is false and ignorent haha you suck laughing

TRH
muslimscholer and thundar need to hook up

Lord Urizen
It is only animals that people beat to make them understand that something they are doing is wrong. Women are not animals.

Animals shouldn't be beaten either LIL B; there are ways to teach your pets with positive reinforcement rather than with meaningless violence.

BTW, women are animals..as are men....

Alfheim
Animals shouldn't be beaten either LIL B; there are ways to teach your pets with positive reinforcement rather than with meaningless violence.

BTW, women are animals..as are men....

Yeah yeah yeah...whatever.

Fatima

So even though we Discussed this issue in other threads but u still insist to show people that Islam is bad in anyway ..

First , as for beating disobediant women this was the last solution if she kept on her wrongness. Allah order man first to Advise her ,then Abandoned her in bed and last thing to beat her SLIGHTLY not for the purpose of abusing or hurting her but to make her aware even the prophet said it shouldn't be as beating not even by hand but use something that doesn't hurt like in Arabia we have "sewak"its for cleaning the teeth ..very small and light device ..Well ,since u r talking about abusing women check this out ..

http://www.endabuse.org/resources/facts/

Inheritance half man in some cases only ..sometime both female and male get equal ..And bcoz its man duty to spend on her and his family .I don't see any problem with that confused ..Tell me what did Christin or Jew women get ?

testimony of 1 man is worth 2 of a woman ONLY in one area ..Debt

"and get two witnesses, out of your own men, and if there are not two men, then a man and two women, such as ye choose, for witnesses, so that if one of them errs, the other can remind her "

There's also cases when man's testimony is not acceptable or men and women testimony is equal ..In Judaism for example the testimony of 1 women worth 100 mens ..

And yea Happybirthday to you ..

Lord Urizen

I bet Lil B shares the same view laughing

Lord Urizen
So even though we Discussed this issue in other threads but u still insist to show people that Islam is bad in anyway ..

WE can see it for ourselves Fatima...Lil B has convinced me far better if her claims than you have. No offense, but that is the case here.

First , as for beating disobediant women this was the last solution if she kept on her wrongness. Allah order man first to Advise her ,then Abandoned her in bed and last thing to beat her SLIGHTLY not for the purpose of abusing or hurting her but to make her aware even the prophet said it shouldn't be as beating not even by hand but use something that doesn't hurt like in Arabia we have "sewak"its for cleaning the teeth ..very small and light device ..Well ,since u r talking about abusing women check this out ..

Why is it the man who must beat the woman ? If a man does wrong, a woman cannot beat him back ? How is that equal ?

And please....women in Islamic nations get abused horrendously...

Inheritance half man in some cases only ..sometime both female and male get equal ..And bcoz its man duty to spend on her and his family .I don't see any problem with that confused ..Tell me what did Christin or Jew women get ?

Christian and Jewish women get the right to spend on THEMSELVES eek!

Why is it the man's duty ? Is the woman so inferior that she cannot touch her own money ?

What happens if the man refuses to spend on his wife ?

It clearly says that one man is worth two women in court... erm

"and get two witnesses, out of your own men, and if there are not two men, then a man and two women, such as ye choose, for witnesses, so that if one of them errs, the other can remind her "

Oh, yes, because we know women are so stupid that they need help remebering things roll eyes (sarcastic)

MEN are perfect, so they will ALWAYS remember....

There's also cases when man's testimony is not acceptable or men and women testimony is equal ..In Judaism for example the testimony of 1 women worth 100 mens ..

That's just as sexist

Shakyamunison

So, do you think you are not an animal? "Yeah yeah yeah...whatever." is exactly what an animal would say, if they could say. wink

Regret
So, do you think you are not an animal? "Yeah yeah yeah...whatever." is exactly what an animal would say, if they could say. wink Isn't animal a politically incorrect term that brings up stereotypes as to the capability and nature of living organisms? While correct, the term connotes a lesser being for many people.

Shakyamunison
Isn't animal a politically incorrect term that brings up stereotypes as to the capability and nature of living organisms? While correct, the term connotes a lesser being for many people.

Yes, people have stupid ideas about what an animal is. I look at it this way, if I have a soul, then so does my cat.

Regret
Yes, people have stupid ideas about what an animal is. I look at it this way, if I have a soul, then so does my cat. I believe everything has a soul. It would be inconsistent for this to not be the case.

Lord Urizen
most people obviously see themselves superior to other animal life, and deny being an animal themself.

It's sad

Alfheim
So, do you think you are not an animal? "Yeah yeah yeah...whatever." is exactly what an animal would say, if they could say. wink

Well the point is this.....I want to stay on topic not to get into a semantical discussion about wether humans are animals or not. Humans could be considered to be animals...so what?

lil bitchiness

And yea Happybirthday to you ..

Fatima, you are forgetting a major issue here, with the statistics of American domestic violence.

Firstly, women are more free to report domestic violence to the authorities. When women reorts domestic violence, it is acknowledged and reported. They have something called ''mandatory arrest'' law whereby if the parties are bickering or arging and there are evidence of vilence, one or both parties will be arrested on the spot.
If a muslim woman reported a domestic violence, the husband will claim she was disobediant and has hit her.

Husbands are not allowed to leave marks on women when they beat them, why do you think this is?

Its a false thing to go buy. Noone should beat anyone if they are in disagreement, espeically adults. We are talking here about two adults - why should one have more advantage over the other.

Intelligence has nothing to do wit sex - it is an individual thing.

Besides, i know the domestic violence problem in America, and I don't defend it, or want to know about it.
Shaming one to reclaim the other will not work.

Furthermore, remind us all, if a woman is raped, how many withnesses does she need to have?

muslimscholar
lil bitchiness and Lord Urizen the truth is in front of you but your arrogance blinds you so you cant see it what a shame

muslimscholar

Furthermore, remind us all, if a woman is raped, how many withnesses does she need to have?

tell us with evidance

Lord Urizen
lil bitchiness and Lord Urizen the truth is in front of you but your arrogance blinds you so you cant see it what a shame

Oh please don't try feeding us this bullshit scholar.... erm

The Quran is clearly sexist, just like the Bible and Torah, your book is no better. Women and Men are not seen as equal, they are assigned specific roles, and women are seen as less intelligent, less capable, while men are seen as more powerful, more responsible, and more deserving.

Both LIL B and myself have used your own book to argue against you, and all you can do was DENY everything that was right in front of you. Remember our whole 72 Virgins debate ?

It was clear, CRYSTAL CLEAR to everyone that I proved you wrong, my assertions were supported by over 25 pages of Quran text, and all you could do was cry and scream, "SHOW ME THE QUOTE ! SHOW ME WHERE IT SAYS 72!"

While I was using every Quran text possible to prove to you that Allah claims that those who slaughter non-beleivers will be rewarded with Virgins in Heaven, you kept trying to argue about the number of Virgins being incorrect.

Pathetic thumb down

Now you want to argue that LIL B doesn't know what she's talking about, even though she provided us all with massive loads of historical and scriptural information ?

Don't even start....

lil bitchiness

I have provided you with the words from your own holy book, on what grounds do you call me arrogant?

tell us with evidance

I asked Fatima, or you, to tell us.

muslimscholar
Oh please don't try feeding us this bullshit scholar.... erm

The Quran is clearly sexist, just like the Bible and Torah, your book is no better. Women and Men are not seen as equal, they are assigned specific roles, and women are seen as less intelligent, less capable, while men are seen as more powerful, more responsible, and more deserving.

Both LIL B and myself have used your own book to argue against you, and all you can do was DENY everything that was right in front of you. Remember our whole 72 Virgins debate ?

It was clear, CRYSTAL CLEAR to everyone that I proved you wrong, my assertions were supported by over 25 pages of Quran text, and all you could do was cry and scream, "SHOW ME THE QUOTE ! SHOW ME WHERE IT SAYS 72!"

While I was using every Quran text possible to prove to you that Allah claims that those who slaughter non-beleivers will be rewarded with Virgins in Heaven, you kept trying to argue about the number of Virgins being incorrect.

Pathetic thumb down

Now you want to argue that LIL B doesn't know what she's talking about, even though she provided us all with massive loads of historical and scriptural information ?

Don't even start....

yes both of you just post a whole load of verses that are completely out of context and you still haven't showed me any evidence that Allah rewards those who kill non believers with virgins

muslimscholar
I have provided you with the words from your own holy book, on what grounds do you call me arrogant?

I asked Fatima, or you, to tell us.

no you tell us seen as tho you know

Shakyamunison
yes both of you just post a whole load of verses that are completely out of context and you still haven't showed me any evidence that Allah rewards those who kill non believers with virgins

If Allah does not reward those who kill non believers with 72 virgins, then why do suicide bombers blow them selves up?

Quiero Mota

That's because Allah doesn't. The the term "virgin" is a misconception and incorrect translation of the original Arabic script reading "loyal servants".

If Allah does not reward those who kill non believers with 72 virgins, then why do suicide bombers blow them selves up?

They're stupid.

Shakyamunison
...They're stupid.

Ya, anyone who would give up the precious gift of life for some afterlife is generally stupid.

Alfheim
That's because Allah doesn't. The the term "virgin" is a misconception and incorrect translation of the original Arabic script reading "loyal servants".

.....maybe.

lil bitchiness
I never heard of that before (the non-vergin part). I did hear that instead of virgin there was a posibility of a raisin, but not servent.

muslimscholar, here are some questions which you can clarify for me and please keep to the point -

1)Muhammad claimed that most of the inhabitants of hell were women, so by logic, most of the muslim women will land up in hell, why?

2) women in islamic paradise will get only their (old shaggy) husband, while their husbands will get 72 houries capable of revirginating themselves along with blue eyed boys. Why does the women not get 72 penis'?

3) Why does a women get half of what her brother inherits?

4) Why is the womens testimony considered half of men?

5) Why should a women need a male marham (guardian) while travelling?

6) Why is it that the male guardian has to approve with whom the women shall marry?

7) Why is the women considered deficent in knowledge?

8) Why does the women need a male guardian to conduct and manage her own business in shariah?

9)Why do muslims resort to honor killings of women?

10) why can't women have 4 husbands?

11) Why does the women not get maintenance after divorce. Why does she have to live on meher which may be as low as a few dollars?

12)Why do women have to cover themselves in tents in the scorching heat if they travel out of their house even in summer?

13)Why does a women need 4 witness to prove a rape? Is DNA and forensic science not good enough?

14) Why is it that a women who cannot bring 4 witness rape, considered an adultrator and condemmed to stonning as per islamic laws?

15) Why can the man say divorce 3 times and nowadays even by sms and lo there is divorce?

16) Why can't the women ask for divorce?

17) why can the man marry 4 women and keep as many slaves as his right hand possesses, why can't women do the same?

18) why can muslim men marry pre teen girls?

19)Why are muslim men allowed to beat and flog women?

20) Why should a women satisfy a man's lust everytime he demands even when she is not in a mood, as they say even on the camels back?

Lord Urizen
Thank you lil B for bringing these questions up because I would like to know myself; I would also like to know why so many Muslim women tolerate this, Fatima....

Fatima
Fatima, you are forgetting a major issue here, with the statistics of American domestic violence.

Firstly, women are more free to report domestic violence to the authorities. When women reorts domestic violence, it is acknowledged and reported. They have something called ''mandatory arrest'' law whereby if the parties are bickering or arging and there are evidence of vilence, one or both parties will be arrested on the spot.
If a muslim woman reported a domestic violence, the husband will claim she was disobediant and has hit her.

Husbands are not allowed to leave marks on women when they beat them, why do you think this is?

Its a false thing to go buy. Noone should beat anyone if they are in disagreement, espeically adults. We are talking here about two adults - why should one have more advantage over the other.

Intelligence has nothing to do wit sex - it is an individual thing.

Besides, i know the domestic violence problem in America, and I don't defend it, or want to know about it.
Shaming one to reclaim the other will not work.

I don't know why u make it a big deal with beating issue ..Its like holding a child's ear that mention in Quran not more ..And if the husband abuse or beat her she have the right to report it to authorities even if he didn't leave a mark on her body bcoz Quran is against violence ..Arabian womens are strong and they will not let anybody to abuse them ..Luckily we don't have that freaking numbers in domestic violence ..

As for raped women to be honest I don't know this ,but in adultery its 4 witnesses ..

Fatima
Thank you lil B for bringing these questions up because I would like to know myself; I would also like to know why so many Muslim women tolerate this, Fatima....

If u want me to answer these question i will ..but give me some time bcoz i m little sick ..

Alfheim
If u want me to answer these question i will ..but give me some time bcoz i m little sick ..

This should be interesting.

muslimscholar
I never heard of that before (the non-vergin part). I did hear that instead of virgin there was a posibility of a raisin, but not servent.

muslimscholar, here are some questions which you can clarify for me and please keep to the point -

1)Muhammad claimed that most of the inhabitants of hell were women, so by logic, most of the muslim women will land up in hell, why?

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=7&ID=7547&CATE=3600

2) women in islamic paradise will get only their (old shaggy) husband, while their husbands will get 72 houries capable of revirginating themselves along with blue eyed boys. Why does the women not get 72 penis'
where does it say men get 72 houries

3) Why does a women get half of what her brother inherits?
its a big subject to explain
http://www.islam101.com/sociology/inheritance.htm

4) Why is the womens testimony considered half of men?

http://www.light-of-life.com/eng/reveal/r5405et5.htm

5) Why should a women need a male marham (guardian) while travelling?

women needs a marham on long journies to look after her because anything can happen

6) Why is it that the male guardian has to approve with whom the women shall marry?
there is no force in marriage guardians have more experiance

7) Why is the women considered deficent in knowledge?

the women is considerd to be the first educator of the child therefore how can she be deficant in knowledge?

8) Why does the women need a male guardian to conduct and manage her own business in shariah?

who does business alone? anything she owns is hers and no man has any right over it evan her husband

9)Why do muslims resort to honor killings of women?
thats culture not islamic islam condemms killing of innocent people

10) why can't women have 4 husbands?

well if you want this to happen http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1251800,00.html
and your childrens becomming bastards then go on. the children will have no idea who their dad is!!!

11) Why does the women not get maintenance after divorce. Why does she have to live on meher which may be as low as a few dollars?
what kind of divorce? her leaving the man or the man leaving her?

12)Why do women have to cover themselves in tents in the scorching heat if they travel out of their house even in summer?
wot kinda tents have u seen id like to see them?

13)Why does a women need 4 witness to prove a rape? Is DNA and forensic science not good enough?

14) Why is it that a women who cannot bring 4 witness rape, considered an adultrator and condemmed to stonning as per islamic laws?
prove it she does not need 4 witnesses

15) Why can the man say divorce 3 times and nowadays even by sms and lo there is divorce?
has to say face to face and who does that?

16) Why can't the women ask for divorce?
she can

17) why can the man marry 4 women and keep as many slaves as his right hand possesses, why can't women do the same?
slavery was abolished who brought it back?

18) why can muslim men marry pre teen girls?
because not everyone is imature like u!

19)Why are muslim men allowed to beat and flog women?
we been through this. u cant tell the diff between culture and religion. stop trying to justify those non practicing muslims acions as religion!....Islam does not teache that. the humans do as they will! God will bring them to trail in due time.

20) Why should a women satisfy a man's lust everytime he demands even when she is not in a mood, as they say even on the camels back?
reports who?.....when?....where?.... an example from islamic history?

Lord Urizen

No Problem wink

Fatima
No Problem wink

Ok , any time

Thanks muslimscholar ..

Jim Reaper
http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=7&ID=7547&CATE=3600
slavery was abolished who brought it back?

Slavery is far from abolished.
Trafficking: humans forced into prostitution,slave labor, etc. A US Government report published in 2003, estimates that 800,000-900,000 people worldwide are trafficked across borders each year. This figure does not include those who are trafficked internally.

lil bitchiness
muslimscholer, what kind of a lame explanation is this?

It did NOT answer my or the posters question.

On the questions of 'Muhammad claimed that most of the inhabitants of hell were women, so by logic, most of the muslim women will land up in hell, why?'

You provided me with the following passage -

To shorten it down really, that passage does not answer the question and what innitially says is

''well it could mean anything in Arabic'' and ''welll thats a bad passage but there are others which are good''

None or which are plausably acceptable as answers. The person whos answer you linked me to, had absolutely NO idea on asnwering that question.

Why? Because Muhammad was sexist and is whole religion is.
Muhammad despised women, espeically since women in Arabia had such a high status.

Second, your justification of pedophilia is just sickening.
According to muslimscholar -

''muslim men are allowed to marry pre-teens because not everyone is immature as myself''

No, what you mean to say, is my parents would have never have allowed for me to be sexually abused by dirty old men.

Alfheim
Wack..... schmoll

lil bitchiness
lol

lord xyz
women needs a marham on long journies to look after her because anything can happen
What? Women can't look after themselves? confused

Lord Melkor
Are you discussing culture or religion here?

Alfheim
Originally posted by Lord Melkor
Are you discussing culture or religion here?

Nah its religon, some people who shall remain nameless might argue that its culture...eventhough they dont know anything about Islam. roll eyes (sarcastic)

muslimscholar
there is a difference between me and you as the quran says

Say: O disbelievers!

I do not worship what you worship;

and you do not worship what i worship

And I shall not worship what you worship.

Nor will you worship that which I worship.

Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.

Alfheim
there is a difference between me and you as the quran says

Say: O disbelievers!

I do not worship what you worship;

and you do not worship what i worship

And I shall not worship what you worship.

Nor will you worship that which I worship.

Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.

Yeah then after that he invaded Mecca.

lord xyz
Muhammad despised women, espeically since women in Arabia had such a high status. True. But was he the only one?

lil bitchiness
But why would we care about others?

This thread is about Islam and that what we are discussing. It is not good to shame one to reclaim the other. I am solely interested in Islam, not Christianity, or Judaism or Buddhism, especially since Islam coninusly puts itself above these religions anyway.

lord xyz
I just read this.
reports who?.....when?....where?.... an example from islamic history? Try your prophet. no expression

Alfheim

Lord Melkor
But really, Christianity wasn`t much better for a long time.

Wasn`t it St. Augustus who said that women are "gateways to hell"?

Alfheim
But really, Christianity wasn`t much better for a long time.

Wasn`t it St. Augustus who said that women are"gateways to hell"?

Are we talking about Christanity though?

Lord Melkor
But Religions are largely matter of interpretation.... do Jews follow the law of Moses from the Old Testament? It wasn`t much better for women, with penalties like being stoned for adultery. There is no need to follow holy books word by word.

I say it is the matter of most Islam countries simply being not as advanced as Western ones- at least by our point of view.

Alfheim
Well lets put it this way according to Islam the Quran is the word of God. If the Quran says that in court two women are equal to one man and you reject it you are not being a muslim, that would make you a kafir (non mulsim).

lil bitchiness
But Religions are largely matter of interpretation.... do Jews follow the law of Moses from the Old Testament? It wasn`t much better for women, with penalties like being stoned for adultery. There is no need to follow holy books word by word.

I say it is the matter of most Islam countries simply being not as advanced as Western ones- at least by our point of view.

Of course this makes you utterly unfamiliar with Islam. As Alfheim pointed out, Islam is based on believing every single word of the Qur'an. If you do not, you are a kafir, instantly.

It is thus NOT like Judaism.

The very essence of Islam is to believe that There is not god but Allah and that Muhammad is his messenger.
Everything that is written in the Qur'an is the untranslatable, unchangable word of God.

It is one of those things which are impossible to explain to most Westners, for the simple reason that they tend to instantly compare it with what they know - which is Judaism and Christianity, and for whatever reason, willfully ignore the fact that Islam does not correlate with these two religions.

Lord Melkor
Well, but there are countries like Turkey that are inhabited by Muslims, yet they have more secular, modern law. So some Muslims can accept the daviation it seems.

And Islam is hardly a unified religion, isn`t it?

muslimscholar

Muhammad despised women, espeically since women in Arabia had such a high status.

your mad! women had no status girls were buried alive because men wre ashamed to have daughters islam came and stoped all of this so how could muhammed be sexist?

fini
umm she got a point, it is a sexist religion

Ushgarak
your mad! women had no status girls were buried alive because men wre ashamed to have daughters islam came and stoped all of this so how could muhammed be sexist?

That's like saying Mussolini was less harsh than Hitler, so therefore we should embrace Mussolini. Both are still facist dictatorships. In your case, an extremely sexist regime is replaced by... a slightly less extremely sexist regime. You simply destroy your own credibility by trying to say Islam is not sexist when it is very blatantly so.

muslimscholar
Originally posted by Ushgarak
That's like saying Mussolini was less harsh than Hitler, so therefore we should embrace Mussolini. Both are still facist dictatorships. In your case, an extremely sexist regime is replaced by... a slightly less extremely sexist regime. You simply destroy your own credibility by trying to say Islam is not sexist when it is very blatantly so.

thats your opinion your entitled to it but what i don't get is if Islam is sexist religion then why are there so many Muslim women?

Lord Melkor
Well, muslimscholar, I don`t understand your last question- do you try to claim that Islam is not a sexist religion because Muslim women are not exterminated? Otherwise, it is quite obvious that Muslim women just follow religions of their society/family.

lil bitchiness
Well, but there are countries like Turkey that are inhabited by Muslims, yet they have more secular, modern law. So some Muslims can accept the daviation it seems.

And Islam is hardly a unified religion, isn`t it?

Why do you claim this?

Islam is very unified religion. It is concerned with collective following, and after collective comes personal...

It puts dominance of Islam before spiritual growth, for example. That is why Sharia is present.
Nor Judaism nor Christianity have anything which resembles or even comes close to Sharia Law.

Furthermore, Islam puts an amphasis on Arabic way of life, arabic dress, speaking Arabic, reading Qur'an in Arabic, following the Arabic Law, praying towards Mecca which is in Arabia...etc. Islam is extreamly Arab-centric.

Lord Melkor
But is Sharia Law binding in all Muslim countries?

lil bitchiness
Sharia Law is code law based on Qur'an, so in pretty much all of Islamic countries there is a Sharia.

The most noticable ones are -
Sudan
Saudi Arabia
Pakistan
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq
Afghanistan
Lybia
Malaysia
Nigeria
Egypt
Lebanon
Jordan
Kuywat
Oman
etc...

They all have aspect of Sharia in their laws to various degrees, be it family, or all.

Quiero Mota
It is one of those things which are impossible to explain to most Westners, for the simple reason that they tend to instantly compare it with what they know - which is Judaism and Christianity, and for whatever reason, willfully ignore the fact that Islam does not correlate with these two religions.

Of course it correlates with them. All three religions are Abrahamic, worship the same God, and are very much related.

And for the love god, why do you use the word "Westerner"? Its really outdated and non-distinct.

Sharia Law is code law based on Qur'an, so in pretty much all of Islamic countries there is a Sharia.

The most noticable ones are -
Sudan
Saudi Arabia
Pakistan
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq
Afghanistan
Lybia
Malaysia
Nigeria
Egypt
Lebanon
Jordan
Kuywat
Oman
etc...

They all have aspect of Sharia in their laws to various degrees, be it family, or all.

Are you sure about Egypt?? Alchohol is legal, which means its not under sharia, and its one of the more liberal countries in the Middle East.

lord xyz
thats your opinion your entitled to it but what i don't get is if Islam is sexist religion then why are there so many Muslim women? Bad luck I guess. srug

Arabs must genetically birth more women which are then brain-washed into Islam.

Ushgarak
thats your opinion your entitled to it but what i don't get is if Islam is sexist religion then why are there so many Muslim women?

As Melkor says, your question makes no sense. Why were there so many women in the sexist regimes you say Islam supplanted? Fact is that people get culturally indoctrinated into a religion and have to follow its rules- not as if Islam has a very tolerant policy to those who leave it. Besides, Christainity is historically sexist also; never stopped there being lots of Christian women.

It's not as if when we reach 18 we all go into a big room and choose which religion we want.

Lord Urizen
Sorry Muslimscholar, but so far you're losing this...Islam is clearly a sexist religion, it is also very violent, and you haven't proven otherwise.

TRH
your mad! women had no status girls were buried alive because men wre ashamed to have daughters Islam came and stopped all of this so how could muhammed be sexist? Yes Islam stopped killing them and started rapeing them insteadconfused

fini
and....... they could not charge the man with rape, unless the girl produced/bring forth to court a witness to the crime.

tell me how is that not sexist. When a woman is raped why should she have to get someone else to prove it, other than a MD????
And after all of that, someone from her family may just go and kill her anyway to pretect the family's honour. Why does something that happened forcibly to a woman disgrace her family. Its the rapist family that should be disgraced.

Many religions are sexist , but Islam is currently the most glaring one. Bring evidence as to how other religions are as blatantly sexist to shut us up Muslimscholar............ dont just tell us that we are wrong.If you can't do that, then you are not defending your faith stronly enough against the hate that is out there against it. In hindusim that is called Dharma....protecting and honouring the faith.

Lord Urizen
Exactly ^ please explain this Muslimscholar, because Islam makes Christianity look like an equal-oppurtunity employer erm

lord xyz
Originally posted by fini
and....... they could not charge the man with rape, unless the girl produced/bring forth to court a witness to the crime.

tell me how is that not sexist. When a woman is raped why should she have to get someone else to prove it, other than a MD????
And after all of that, someone from her family may just go and kill her anyway to pretect the family's honour. Why does something that happened forcibly to a woman disgrace her family. Its the rapist family that should be disgraced.

Many religions are sexist , but Islam is currently the most glaring one. Bring evidence as to how other religions are as blatantly sexist to shut us up Muslimscholar............ dont just tell us that we are wrong.If you can't do that, then you are not defending your faith stronly enough against the hate that is out there against it. In hindusim that is called Dharma....protecting and honouring the faith. Nicely said. thumb up

muslimscholar

Many religions are sexist , but Islam is currently the most glaring one. Bring evidence as to how other religions are as blatantly sexist to shut us up Muslimscholar............ dont just tell us that we are wrong.If you can't do that, then you are not defending your faith stronly enough against the hate that is out there against it. In hindusim that is called Dharma....protecting and honouring the faith.

to say some one raped you is a big acusation because in islam the rapist is killed unlike america which so called gives women freedom there are over 2000 cases of rape everyday everyday! and you called that giving freedom to women islam is protecting women from this kind of stuff thats why they wear the hijab that is why they need a mhram when they are travelling

and hinduism does not evan treat its own belivers equally and you know it

Rade
to say some one raped you is a big acusation because in islam the rapist is killed unlike america which so called gives women freedom there are over 2000 cases of rape everyday everyday! and you called that giving freedom to women islam is protecting women from this kind of stuff thats why they wear the hijab that is why they need a mhram when they are travelling

and hinduism does not evan treat its own belivers equally and you know it

Ive seen a video on youtube of two women wearing the hijab being harrased by two Arab men. These women couldnt do anything because they have no rights overall and there was only two of them.

muslimscholar
Originally posted by Rade
Ive seen a video on youtube of two women wearing the hijab being harrased by two Arab men. These women couldnt do anything because they have no rights overall and there was only two of them.

they have every right

TRH

Many religions are sexist , but Islam is currently the most glaring one. Bring evidence as to how other religions are as blatantly sexist to shut us up Muslimscholar............ dont just tell us that we are wrong.If you can't do that, then you are not defending your faith stronly enough against the hate that is out there against it. In hindusim that is called Dharma....protecting and honouring the faith. That is how you say it wink

TRH
Exactly ^ please explain this Muslimscholar, because Islam makes Christianity look like an equal-oppurtunity employer erm laughing

TRH
to say some one raped you is a big acusation because in Islam the rapist is killed unlike america which so called gives women freedom there are over 2000 cases of rape everyday everyday! and you called that giving freedom to women Islam is protecting women from this kind of stuff thats why they wear the hijab that is why they need a mhram when they are travelling

and hinduism does not evan treat its own belivers equally and you know it 2000 cases every day,not sure about that and the only reason Islam don't have more than that is because there population is lower and/or the cases of rape are not treated as rape and what does cases of rape in the US have to do with women freedom? and how is unfair court trials and discrimination against women protecting them and the veil they where is sexist as well

TRH
they have every right to harass them,wow you are insane,go fly a plane into a skyscraper

TRH
Let me tell you one more story,there was a man from Iran(a Muslim) who came to America at 19 and married an American women and they had a daughter when the kid was 8 and he was like 35 they went to Iran for what the wife thought was going to be a 7 day stay when she got off the plane she was almost shot for not wearing a veil and was not allowed to leave the home without a man with her as it ended up she was trapped there and for 4 years she lived there with the man who was abusive to her at home and in public one day when all his family where out shopping and they where there alone she slit his throat and ran down the street carrying her daughter 3 blocks to the swiss consulate which agreed to let her in she was home soon after that,they made a movie out of it and if you have seen it before sorry if some of the details are wrong and yes Muslim Scholar it was a true story

although I am not to religious I do believe in evil such as sexism and racism and I believe Islam to be an embodiment of that evil

lil bitchiness
Of course it correlates with them. All three religions are Abrahamic, worship the same God, and are very much related.

And for the love god, why do you use the word "Westerner"? Its really outdated and non-distinct.

Are you sure about Egypt?? Alchohol is legal, which means its not under sharia, and its one of the more liberal countries in the Middle East.
In my post, i stated that Sharia is implemented in these countries in various degrees.
For example, Pakistan has sharia family laws, but not necesseraly social laws, like Iran.

Second, Islam and christianity and judaism do not correlate for the reasons I explained 10 times over -

Islam is not a personal religion - it puts collectivness over individual
It is concerned with global domination
It is concerned with every aspect of peoples lifes - Islam is a way of life, it regulates every aspects people'slives- social, economic, juristical, political and military aspects.

Nor Christianity or Judaims have anything in their religion which employes the same thing.

Bible talks about what Pete, John and Mark discussed 2000 years ago, and Torah talks some more what Zibbidi and Moses did to random people...etc.

And the term Westener is used, because political map says thats what you are, and people of the said countries describe themselves as that, do they not?
The reason I mentioned it is difficult to explain this to Westeners is because your countries were not conquered by Arabs, nor has your culture felt the Islamic Empire.
The only Islam that is known in the West is the one which is told by politically correct people.
That is why we have some problems when it comes to speaking out that we do today, if that makes sense.

Not everyone of course is unaware of history and nature of islam, iam refering to mainstream media and ordinary people who take no particular interest in this, and thus assume what they are told is correct.

lord xyz
Originally posted by TRH
That is how you say it wink Originally posted by TRH
laughing Originally posted by TRH
2000 cases every day,not sure about that and the only reason Islam don't have more than that is because there population is lower and/or the cases of rape are not treated as rape and what does cases of rape in the US have to do with women freedom? and how is unfair court trials and discrimination against women protecting them and the veil they where is sexist as well Originally posted by TRH
to harass them,wow you are insane,go fly a plane into a skyscraper Originally posted by TRH
Let me tell you one more story,there was a man from Iran(a Muslim) who came to America at 19 and married an American women and they had a daughter when the kid was 8 and he was like 35 they went to Iran for what the wife thought was going to be a 7 day stay when she got off the plane she was almost shot for not wearing a veil and was not allowed to leave the home without a man with her as it ended up she was trapped there and for 4 years she lived there with the man who was abusive to her at home and in public one day when all his family where out shopping and they where there alone she slit his throat and ran down the street carrying her daughter 3 blocks to the swiss consulate which agreed to let her in she was home soon after that,they made a movie out of it and if you have seen it before sorry if some of the details are wrong and yes Muslim Scholar it was a true story

although I am not to religious I do believe in evil such as sexism and racism and I believe Islam to be an embodiment of that evil spam

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>