Anti Monitor vs Tiamut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

guy222
ok

qqqqqqq
Anti monitor

guy222
Originally posted by qqqqqqq
Anti monitor

"When the Last Shadow Falls, I will Pronounce my Judgment"

guy222
Originally posted by guy222
ok

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Monitor

King Kandy
Anti-Monitor.

guy222
Originally posted by King Kandy
Anti-Monitor.

Staying w/Tiamut

LORDSIDIOUS01
Staying w/Tiamut

Tiamut the Dreaming Celestial

Symmetric Chaos
I'm going to say AntiMonitor

guy222
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I'm going to say AntiMonitor

Sticking w/Tiamut. Omnipotence personiffied

qqqqqqq
Sticking w/Tiamut. Omnipotence personiffied huh?

I watch Pokemon
A celestial isn't going to be beating the Anti-Monitor at his prime.

guy222
Originally posted by I watch Pokemon
A celestial isn't going to be beating the Anti-Monitor at his prime.

Anti Monitor was defeated by heroes. Only way to stop Tiamut, the Dreaming Celestial is by Celestials

Staying with Tiamut

I watch Pokemon
Anti Monitor was defeated by heroes. Only way to stop Tiamut, the Dreaming Celestial is by Celestials

Staying with Tiamut

It took Heroes from 4 Universe, Darkseid, and Spectre to beat the Anti-Monitor.

guy222
Originally posted by I watch Pokemon
It took Heroes from 4 Universe, Darkseid, and Spectre to beat the Anti-Monitor.

Cool

Spectre=Living Tribunal. Ok It took a combined Celestial host to 'kill' Tiamut with 'The Weapon". Guess who's back. Not even Galactus can stop Tiamut. Why do u think Galactus is afraid now? Thanks for the post.

Sticking w/The Dreaming Celestial. Only way to stop him, is the Celestials come again and he falls

Juntai
Anti-Monitor.

guy222
Originally posted by Juntai
Anti-Monitor.

thanks for the post smile

guy222
thanks for the post smile

bump

Mider999
Spectre fought anti monitor weakening him, but could have beaten him but didnt dont remeber why exactly something to do with the hero's, then anti monitor was hurt badly by the OE, which is basically a power given by the source all the times its been deflected are pure nonsense given the fact that in the past nobody was able to deflect it, pure jobbery thanks to DC and there love for there poster boy supes. If it hurts anti monitor it should have killed myx or am i incorrect. Anyway all the celestials combined do not equal the spectre, and if the celestials are not a necessity of the universe the OE can hurt them. The dreaming celestials only fought the second host nobody else, and they defeated him, korvac once killed a host of celestials, and yeah to me its cannon cause LT was in that comic. Celestials are not the personification of omnipatence to me i think it took plenty just to defeat shuma gorath and all of them are below eternity, to me spectre> eternity, shuma gorath.

guy222
Originally posted by Mider999
Spectre fought anti monitor weakening him, but could have beaten him but didnt dont remeber why exactly something to do with the hero's, then anti monitor was hurt badly by the OE, which is basically a power given by the source all the times its been deflected are pure nonsense given the fact that in the past nobody was able to deflect it, pure jobbery thanks to DC and there love for there poster boy supes. If it hurts anti monitor it should have killed myx or am i incorrect. Anyway all the celestials combined do not equal the spectre, and if the celestials are not a necessity of the universe the OE can hurt them. The dreaming celestials only fought the second host nobody else, and they defeated him, korvac once killed a host of celestials, and yeah to me its cannon cause LT was in that comic. Celestials are not the personification of omnipatence to me i think it took plenty just to defeat shuma gorath and all of them are below eternity, to me spectre> eternity, shuma gorath.

Sounds fair. I am staying with Tiamut. He is probably the most powerful Celestial because they really can't kill him. 'The Weapon' didn't work the first time. A combined host(ommipotence) probably will 'contain' him. I agree Spectre=Living Tribunal.

the Darkone
Exitar is the most powerful and the mightiest of all Celestails, Anti-Montior destroyed destroy universe during Infinite Crisis on Earth. Celestails are below Eternity who couldn't beat Anti-Monitor himself, it would take a being of LT and Spectre level to beat the Anti-Montior, and the Dreaming Celestail is not on that level.

guy222
Originally posted by the Darkone
Exitar is the most powerful and the mightiest of all Celestails, Anti-Montior destroyed destroy universe during Infinite Crisis on Earth. Celestails are below Eternity who couldn't beat Anti-Monitor himself, it would take a being of LT and Spectre level to beat the Anti-Montior, and the Dreaming Celestail is not on that level.

Cool. Exitar is not the most powerful Celestial. The One Above All(Celestial) and Scathan are. Are u saying Celestials can't destroy universes? The Eternity reference. Celestials stem from Eternity. Ok. Did u see Eternity wimper out when Scathan and Tribunal killed Protege? IMHO, Eternity can't beat Hawk God

the Darkone
Exitar is the most powerful Celestail, then the Dreaming celestail, then one above all, areshim, scathan. Celestails can destroy a universe I never said that they can't, but the Anti Monitor destroyed more than one universe, he was destroying them and absorbing the energy from them making him stronger. At his prime Anti-Monitor was the second most powerful being next to the Spectre,it took a Full powered Spectre to fight him and spectre could have easily killed. Anti-Monitor=Spectre>>>>>>Eternity/FP Galactus>>>>> Normal Galactus/Any Celestails, that's like saying the Dreaming Celestail could beat a weaken LT or Spectre it's not happening.

guy222
Exitar is the most powerful Celestail, then the Dreaming celestail, then one above all, areshim, scathan. Celestails can destroy a universe I never said that they can't, but the Anti Monitor destroyed more than one universe, he was destroying them and absorbing the energy from them making him stronger. At his prime Anti-Monitor was the second most powerful being next to the Spectre,it took a Full powered Spectre to fight him and spectre could have easily killed. Anti-Monitor=Spectre>>>>>>Eternity/FP Galactus>>>>> Normal Galactus/Any Celestails, that's like saying the Dreaming Celestail could beat a weaken LT or Spectre it's not happening.

Good debate. smile I chose Tiamut. He's ommipotent. I know who defeated Anti Monitor. Spectre been used as a pawn by Eclipso. Tiamut will defeat the Monitor. Just my opinion. Reference to Galactus. He's afraid of Tiamut. Couldn't stop him before, he ain't stopping him now. Its in Eternals, as was FF wrote G attempting to beat Tiamut. ABC logic. Celestials have helped Living Tribunal. Has Galactus. No.

starlock
i think anti monitor would win

i recently re-read the orignial infinite crisis,was not the spectre linked to ALOT of magic users and still only repelled the anti monitor? did i miss somthing?
the spectre did not (could not ) defeat the anti nonitor alone by himself?
and i hear people saying he could of killed him easily?

guy222
Originally posted by starlock
i think anti monitor would win

i recently re-read the orignial infinite crisis,was not the spectre linked to ALOT of magic users and still only repelled the anti monitor? did i miss somthing?
the spectre did not (could not ) defeat the anti nonitor alone by himself?
and i hear people saying he could of killed him easily?

Sounds fair.

Batman-Prime
It's always hard to compare "Cosmic" beings of different Universes.

Is LT as powerful as the Spectre? Is Spectre the most powerful being? If one company allows another being to defeat the TopDog does it mean it would be able to defeat the TopDog of another Universe too?

By Universe I mean the real Marvel or DC Universe, it doesn't matter if the particular Universe is an Multiverse or just one Universe, because the Multiverse/Universe represents always "ONE" Companybased Universe ala Marvel/DC.

Look at Krona, in the JLA/Avengers Crossover he destroyed whole Universes, adding thei power to his own, he treated to destroy the whole Marvel Universe/Multiverse, so we can say for sure that he was more powerful then both Spectre and the Living Tribunal, even TOAA.
Could the Anti-Monitor do the same? I don't think so. Is he even aware of the existence of another Universe/Multiverse outside of DC? Would his powers work under the Rules of the Marvel Universe? I guess not, and if one of those Rules is, that no being is beyond the TopDog, means LT, he wouldn't even be allowed to enter the Marvel Universe without permission. Why was he more powerful then LT's DC-counterpart the Spectre (who needed the help of the most powerful mystics to temporary "defeat" the Anti-Monitor)? Because the "Source" allowed it, it wanted the Heroes to accomplish this task (by it I mean the DC headswink). Marvel could of course create it's own universethreatening Villain who would kick LT's ass, but it wouldn't be able to even touch the Spectre.

In my eyes, LT and Spectre, wield as much power as the TOAA/Source (or Brothers) of the particular Universe grants them to accomplish a task, making them more powerful then anything else. Without it they are maybe powerful but not even near the level they were before. So if the Anti-Monitor would be allowed to enter the Marvel Universe he would loose against LT but only if TOAA would allow it.
If LT would come into the DC Universe, Dr.Fate alone could defeat him :P, the same is true for the Spectre in my eyes, he wouldn't last an minute against Dr. Fate for example in the Marvel Universe wink.

Conclusion

LT > Anti-Monitor in the Marvel Universe
Anti-Monitor > LT in the DC Universe
Anti-Monitor > LT in a neutral Universe (means LT cut from his powersource)

As for Tiamut

Anti-Monitor > Tiamut

Cause he allready absorbed too much of the DC Universe/Multiverse.

the Darkone
Dreaming Celestail hasn't done anything. What makesy you believe that he can beat a high level cosmic being, Galactus will crack Dreaming Celestail armor and absorb all of his energy the samething Anti-Monitor will do.

guy222
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
It's always hard to compare "Cosmic" beings of different Universes.

Is LT as powerful as the Spectre? Is Spectre the most powerful being? If one company allows another being to defeat the TopDog does it mean it would be able to defeat the TopDog of another Universe too?

By Universe I mean the real Marvel or DC Universe, it doesn't matter if the particular Universe is an Multiverse or just one Universe, because the Multiverse/Universe represents always "ONE" Companybased Universe ala Marvel/DC.

Look at Krona, in the JLA/Avengers Crossover he destroyed whole Universes, adding thei power to his own, he treated to destroy the whole Marvel Universe/Multiverse, so we can say for sure that he was more powerful then both Spectre and the Living Tribunal, even TOAA.
Could the Anti-Monitor do the same? I don't think so. Is he even aware of the existence of another Universe/Multiverse outside of DC? Would his powers work under the Rules of the Marvel Universe? I guess not, and if one of those Rules is, that no being is beyond the TopDog, means LT, he wouldn't even be allowed to enter the Marvel Universe without permission. Why was he more powerful then LT's DC-counterpart the Spectre (who needed the help of the most powerful mystics to temporary "defeat" the Anti-Monitor)? Because the "Source" allowed it, it wanted the Heroes to accomplish this task (by it I mean the DC headswink). Marvel could of course create it's own universethreatening Villain who would kick LT's ass, but it wouldn't be able to even touch the Spectre.

In my eyes, LT and Spectre, wield as much power as the TOAA/Source (or Brothers) of the particular Universe grants them to accomplish a task, making them more powerful then anything else. Without it they are maybe powerful but not even near the level they were before. So if the Anti-Monitor would be allowed to enter the Marvel Universe he would loose against LT but only if TOAA would allow it.
If LT would come into the DC Universe, Dr.Fate alone could defeat him :P, the same is true for the Spectre in my eyes, he wouldn't last an minute against Dr. Fate for example in the Marvel Universe wink.

Conclusion

LT > Anti-Monitor in the Marvel Universe
Anti-Monitor > LT in the DC Universe
Anti-Monitor > LT in a neutral Universe (means LT cut from his powersource)

As for Tiamut

Anti-Monitor > Tiamut

Cause he allready absorbed too much of the DC Universe/Multiverse.

Ok. Living Tribunal>Krona. I like Marvel. Sound fair.

Staying with Tiamut. Enough said. I respect ur view, mine is different.

guy222
Dreaming Celestail hasn't done anything. What makesy you believe that he can beat a high level cosmic being, Galactus will crack Dreaming Celestail armor and absorb all of his energy the samething Anti-Monitor will do.

Ok. Have u read Eternals #6. Who's grim now? Aforementioned, as it written in FF, Galactus couldn't consume Tiamut. He's back. He's goin to raise hell. Celestials should end the threat this time. Galactus isn't more powerful than a Celestial. He is not more powerful than the Phoenix Force. Tell me about the UN, show me the scan of Earth X. I know that. Galactus is powerful. IMHO, he is not more powerful than a Celestial, he will not stop the Celestial race. He's a jobber. Hell, did he stop the bug yet. No. Has he consumed Earth 616? No. Did u see Mighty Galactus stop Protege? No. It was a Celestial along with Living Tribunal

Batman-Prime
Ok. Living Tribunal>Krona. I like Marvel. Sound fair.

Staying with Tiamut. Enough said. I respect ur view, mine is different.

If you like Marvel then Marvel > DC. LT > All.

I like your approach to this, and I say, it is as it should be, everyone has his favourites.
Somtimes bad writing, or a change in the Comic Companies head-staff, might "destroy" ones favourite hero, if you don't loose faith, more power to you. Look what Miller did to Batman in the All-Star-Batman, or DC to Superboy-Prime in IC. I won't accept it, because it is only garbage. In my DC Universe Superboy is still a good guy, F*ck DC cool.

We all have an point of view, mine is no better then yours wink, so we agree to disagree and thats fine for me smile. No offense meant, I'm sorry if my previous post sounded offensive, it wasn't meant to.

guy222
If you like Marvel then Marvel > DC. LT > All.

I like your approach to this, and I say, it is as it should be, everyone has his favourites.
Somtimes bad writing, or a change in the Comic Companies head-staff, might "destroy" ones favourite hero, if you don't loose faith, more power to you. Look what Miller did to Batman in the All-Star-Batman, or DC to Superboy-Prime in IC. I won't accept it, because it is only garbage. In my DC Universe Superboy is still a good guy, F*ck DC cool.

We all have an point of view, mine is no better then yours wink, so we agree to disagree and thats fine for me smile. No offense meant, I'm sorry if my previous post sounded offensive, it wasn't meant to.

Sounds fair, my friend. Anti Monitor>Tiamut

Living Tribunal and Celestials intrigue me.

smile

Its good to have a good debate. Have a good one smile

Batman-Prime
Ok. Have u read Eternals #6. Who's grim now? Aforementioned, as it written in FF, Galactus couldn't consume Tiamut. He's back. He's goin to raise hell. Celestials should end the threat this time. Galactus isn't more powerful than a Celestial. He is not more powerful than the Phoenix Force. Tell me about the UN, show me the scan of Earth X. I know that. Galactus is powerful. IMHO, he is not more powerful than a Celestial, he will not stop the Celestial race. He's a jobber. Hell, did he stop the bug yet. No. Has he consumed Earth 616? No. Did u see Mighty Galactus stop Protege? No. It was a Celestial along with Living Tribunal

As far as I understand the concept of Galactus, he isn't more powerful then a Celestial, not yet. He is destined to consume all Matter in the Universe, which would sate (sp?) him and start a new Bing Bang, at this point he would be more powerful then anyone else, except LT.
Reminds me of Anti-Monitor, who consumed almost all the Multiverses of the Infinite DC Multiverse, excet five. Would he succeed, he would be the most powerful being of the One Anti-Matteruniverse.

Batman-Prime
Sounds fair, my friend. Anti Monitor>Tiamut

Living Tribunal and Celestials intrigue me.

smile

Its good to have a good debate. Have a good one smile

To be honest the Cosmic beings of the Marvel Universe are cooler and better designed IMO. DC's cosmic beings don't seem so cosmic at all because they rarely interact with each other, and because the heroes of the DC Universe interact too much with them. Except of this, the real Design sucks, take Imperiex for example, he looked not bad, but he was more of a Celestial/Galactus ripp-off.
Does anyone know if Kismet came after or before Eternity?

BTW that's the prob of DC, they have no well established hierarchy in their Universe, while Marvel does. That's the reason why Marvel makes often more sense and why it doesn't need a new crisis every 2-10 years to delete all the loopholes and continuityflaws.

guy222
To be honest the Cosmic beings of the Marvel Universe are cooler and better designed IMO. DC's cosmic beings don't seem so cosmic at all because they rarely interact with each other, and because the heroes of the DC Universe interact too much with them. Except of this, the real Design sucks, take Imperiex for example, he looked not bad, but he was more of a Celestial/Galactus ripp-off.

BTW that's the prob of DC, they have no well established hierarchy in their Universe, while Marvel does. That's the reason why Marvel makes often more sense and why it doesn't need a new crisis every 2-10 years to delete all the loopholes and continuityflaws.

Cool. I think Kismet came after smile

WrathfulDwarf
I need to re-read the Crisis again. If I recall both Spectre and Anti-monitor did clash and came to a full stalemate....

Please, read The New Gods before making those comments.

the Darkone

Galactus did consume the dreaming celestail in FF 337-341 and then blink thart universe out of existence. Get the scan from Mr.Master. Your ar going by Eternal 6 as where I have all the eternals issues from 1976-now. Galactus is more more powerful than Celestail, are Celestails consider equals to Etrnity, no. Eternity considers Galactus his equal, even the watcher Uatu stated that Galactus on his own power can destroy the universe 10x over.

In FF337-341 Reed even stated that Galactus after he absorb the Dreaming Celestail, stated that Galactus became so powerful he would destroy the whole Celestail race and the whole universe, nothing can stop his hunger. Reed saw Galatus potentail and was very disturb.

LT absorb protege, and scathan judge him.

guy222
Galactus did consume the dreaming celestail in FF 337-341 and then blink thart universe out of existence. Get the scan from Mr.Master. Your ar going by Eternal 6 as where I have all the eternals issues from 1976-now. Galactus is more more powerful than Celestail, are Celestails consider equals to Etrnity, no. Eternity considers Galactus his equal, even the watcher Uatu stated that Galactus on his own power can destroy the universe 10x over.

In FF337-341 Reed even stated that Galactus after he absorb the Dreaming Celestail, stated that Galactus became so powerful he would destroy the whole Celestail race and the whole universe, nothing can stop his hunger. Reed saw Galatus potentail and was very disturb.

LT absorb protege, and scathan judge him.

Sounds fair. Thanks for post. Celestials and Galactus very powerful smile

UniOmni

It depends.

The DC/Vertigo line of cosmics >> Marvels in a sense, due to the fact that many Marvel cosmics are like DBZ gone mad.

I want some creativity outta my comics. Annihilation was buttjuice.

guy222
Originally posted by UniOmni
It depends.

The DC/Vertigo line of cosmics >> Marvels in a sense, due to the fact that many Marvel cosmics are like DBZ gone mad.

Annihilation could have been better. Tenebrous/Aegis, I wish I knew who they were. Living Death that Walks is still alive smile

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I need to re-read the Crisis again. If I recall both Spectre and Anti-monitor did clash and came to a full stalemate....

Please, read The New Gods before making those comments.

Please read what they did to Darkside since the Crisis....... BTW my comments represent my opinion, like it or not wink. Oh and no offense taken smile.

As for the CotIE, you recall it wrong.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by UniOmni
It depends.

I don't own much from the DC/Vertigo line (Just Sandman #1), just "standard" DC, my opinion is based on this wink.

Mider999
wasnt exitar hurt badly by invisible women cause of there hyperspace connection oh and scather even though he assisted the LT might actually represent the true beyonders not celestials, thats a really sad showing for LT since he needed a celestial to help him and the guy had copied LT's powers did he not. Tiamut will eventually lose anyway galactus did consume him once.

guy222
Originally posted by Mider999
wasnt exitar hurt badly by invisible women cause of there hyperspace connection oh and scather even though he assisted the LT might actually represent the true beyonders not celestials, thats a really sad showing for LT since he needed a celestial to help him and the guy had copied LT's powers did he not. Tiamut will eventually lose anyway galactus did consume him once.

Celestials have returned. Celestials draw the power from beyond. It was rumored Scathan was a true beyonder. Nothing is sad for Living Tribunal since he will always exist. Protege was defeated by Living Tribunal and Scathan the Approver. Not Hawkgod, Eternity or Beyonder. Fact. Galactus couldn't consume Tiamut then, he fears him now. Fact.

King Kandy
That was preposterous. Protege has LT's power, gets beaten by a celestial and then LT can only kill him because he has the amulet of agamotto? WTF?

guy222
Originally posted by King Kandy
That was preposterous. Protege has LT's power, gets beaten by a celestial and then LT can only kill him because he has the amulet of agamotto? WTF?

I liked the story. Better than Sue 'killing' Exitar

juggernaut66666
gun2 no expression gun3

guy222
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
gun2 no expression gun3

Hello

Galan007

Staying with Tiamut Not even a powered-up Spectre was able to kill AM.

AM would simply absorb the power of Tiamut, and the Universe he was in.

Anti-Monitor ftw.

guy222
Originally posted by Galan007
Not even a powered-up Spectre was able to kill AM.

Anti-Monitor ftw.

Thank u for the post

Juntai
Not even a powered-up Spectre was able to kill AM.

Anti-Monitor ftw. Because if he did, he would have killed the heros of 5 universes. With a human mind behind his power, Spectre wasn't about to do that.

Juntai
However I agree, AM wins here.

Galan007
That didn't stop Spectre from taking additional energy from the mages to defeat AM, (something he still did not do) stick out tongue

Galan007
However I agree, AM wins here. Cool. thumb up

Juntai
That didn't stop Spectre from taking additional energy from the mages to defeat AM, (something he still did not do) stick out tongue Did you happen to read History of the DC Universe in the back of 52?
Spectre is actually the one they credit to defeating Anti-Monitor.
He just didn't kill him. And he also didn't kill the heros.
He found a different route. smile

Galan007
Did you happen to read History of the DC Universe in the back of 52?
Spectre is actually the one they credit to defeating Anti-Monitor.
He just didn't kill him. And he also didn't kill the heros.
He found a different route. smile I'd credit Spectre for beating AM if he wouldn't have merged with the Anti-Matter Universe after they battled.

AM wasn't beaten by Spectre directly, meaning Spectre's hands weren't responsible for his downfall.

Juntai
I'd credit Spectre for beating AM if he wouldn't have merged with the Anti-Matter Universe after they battled.

AM wasn't beaten by Spectre directly, meaning Spectre's hands weren't responsible for his downfall. Anti Monitor failed because of Spectre.
Spectre just didn't chase him and kill him, as he was laying 'comotose', on his own volition.

Galan007
Anti Monitor failed because of Spectre.
Spectre just didn't chase him and kill him, as he was laying 'comotose', on his own volition. AM failed in destroying absolutley everything, but at the time, DC was left with only a single Universe after his tirade.

But it wasn't Spectre that beat AM, that's all I'm saying.

guy222
AM failed in destroying absolutley everything, but at the time, DC was left with only a single Universe after his tirade.

But it wasn't Spectre that beat AM, that's all I'm saying.

Galan, how does the AM fare against all of the Celestials

Galan007
Galan, how does the AM fare against all of the Celestials srug Who knows?

Most people agree that:

Eternity>Celestials.

And AM>>>a Universe (Eternity)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.