The Authority Runs the Team Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tjcoady
Classic Authority:

Jenny Sparks
The Doctor (Jeroen)
Apollo
Midnighter
Jack Hawksmoor
The Engineer
Swift

In these fights, they do not have access to the Carrier

1). Power Pack
2). Classic X-Men (with classic power levels): Iceman, Beast, Cyclops, Jean, Angel
3). Young Avengers: Patriot, Wiccan, Hulkling, Vision, Hawkeye, Stature, Speed
4). Current Astonishing X-Men (Colossus, Cyclops, Beast, Wolverine, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde)
5). Current Outsiders (Arsenal, Grace, Thunder, Nightwing, Huntress, Starfire, Captain Marvel Jr., Katana)

For these fights, they do have access to the carrier and Jenny Sparks is replaced with Jenny Quantum.

6). New Avengers
7). These Classic Avengers: Hercules, Ms. Marvel, Photon, Thor, Ironman, Yellowjacket, Wasp.
8). Big Seven Justice League: Superman, Wonderwoman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Batman, Aquaman+ Green Arrow and Plastic Man
9) These Defenders: Dr. Strange, The Hulk, Namor, Silver Surfer, Valkyrie, Nighthawk, Daimon Hellstorm, Hellcat, Beast, Iceman, Angel, Moondragon

H. S. 6
I'd say they stop at 9.

celestialdemon
They stop at either 8 or 9. I can see them moving past 8 about 6/10 times, but they aren't getting past 9.

DigiMark007
Sparks instead of Quantum is a noticable downgrade. But no one until 9 has a good answer for The Doctor's matter manip. It might not work on, say, Thor...but he couldn't protect his whole team.

tjcoady
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Sparks instead of Quantum is a noticable downgrade. But no one until 9 has a good answer for The Doctor's matter manip. It might not work on, say, Thor...but he couldn't protect his whole team.

True- I don't know if you took this into consideration, but Quantum gets put in for Sparks halfway through.

tjcoady
Plus, it's Jeroen, rather than Habib Ben Hassan... Jeroen, while powerful, rarely uses his abilities as best as he could, and gets too frightened to use them easily.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by tjcoady
True- I don't know if you took this into consideration, but Quantum gets put in for Sparks halfway through.

Ah, didn't see that. Still too many in #9 to overcome, and Strange could counter-act the matter manip.

Plus, it's Jeroen, rather than Habib Ben Hassan... Jeroen, while powerful, rarely uses his abilities as best as he could, and gets too frightened to use them easily.

...once or twice. erm

There's plenty of examples where he just calmly turns masses of super-people into dice, trees, cologne, etc.

tjcoady
Ah, didn't see that. Still too many in #9 to overcome, and Strange could counter-act the matter manip.

...once or twice. erm

There's plenty of examples where he just calmly turns masses of super-people into dice, trees, cologne, etc.

true. although that taking Jeroen out of a fight through plot devices is pretty much the only way to tone down his power... by the way, you're an authority fan right? any idea when they series is going to start up again?

guy222
Classic Authority:

Jenny Sparks
The Doctor (Jeroen)
Apollo
Midnighter
Jack Hawksmoor
The Engineer
Swift

In these fights, they do not have access to the Carrier

1). Power Pack
2). Classic X-Men (with classic power levels): Iceman, Beast, Cyclops, Jean, Angel
3). Young Avengers: Patriot, Wiccan, Hulkling, Vision, Hawkeye, Stature, Speed
4). Current Astonishing X-Men (Colossus, Cyclops, Beast, Wolverine, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde)
5). Current Outsiders (Arsenal, Grace, Thunder, Nightwing, Huntress, Starfire, Captain Marvel Jr., Katana)

For these fights, they do have access to the carrier and Jenny Sparks is replaced with Jenny Quantum.

6). New Avengers
7). These Classic Avengers: Hercules, Ms. Marvel, Photon, Thor, Ironman, Yellowjacket, Wasp.
8). Big Seven Justice League: Superman, Wonderwoman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Batman, Aquaman+ Green Arrow and Plastic Man
9) These Defenders: Dr. Strange, The Hulk, Namor, Silver Surfer, Valkyrie, Nighthawk, Daimon Hellstorm, Hellcat, Beast, Iceman, Angel, Moondragon

Don't forget about young Frankie Richards?

DigiMark007
true. although that taking Jeroen out of a fight through plot devices is pretty much the only way to tone down his power... by the way, you're an authority fan right? any idea when they series is going to start up again?

It's already is but they've been slow about making new issues. The first WorldStorm issue is out, but that was a couple months ago and I haven't seen #2.

...the most recent complete arc was Revolution, which was very good.

tjcoady
It's already is but they've been slow about making new issues. The first WorldStorm issue is out, but that was a couple months ago and I haven't seen #2.

...the most recent complete arc was Revolution, which was very good.

Revolution was great- I just need something new for the Authority to get the bad taste that Captain Atom: Armaggadeon left in my mouth... butchering the characterizations one of my favorite teams...

boriquaking55
They make it to 9, where it basically becomes doctor vs. doctor.

DigiMark007
Revolution was great- I just need something new for the Authority to get the bad taste that Captain Atom: Armaggadeon left in my mouth... butchering the characterizations one of my favorite teams...

Yeah, that was an unfortunate arc.

juggernaut66666
Add Jenny Quantum so they could clear it. stick out tongue

Yogi Bear

It's started issue two should be out in March

xmarksthespot
Stop at 8 or 9. Probably 9.

Sparks may be a power downgrade, but I'll take her over wannabe Quantum. happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.