Cannonball versus Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
Who wins?

grey fox
Toughie.....

Going with Cannonball

Clobberin Time!
Cannonball wins this. Colossus can't take the heat.

guy222
Originally posted by masterbruce
Who wins?

cannonball

LordFear
holly crap you people are nuts

grey fox
Originally posted by LordFear
holly crap you people are nuts

..and Why would that be.

LordFear
Originally posted by grey fox
..and Why would that be.

Excuse me here but this is the same Collosus who trades blows with Juggernaut, who is according to this forum more powerful than Thing and can take down Ironman. This forum is becoming more nutty by the day in here. This place is worse than an asylum sometimes

LORDSIDIOUS01
Cannonball's speed might keep him away for awhile. Eventually though Peter could catch up and squash him.

grey fox
Excuse me here but this is the same Collosus who trades blows with Juggernaut, who is according to this forum more powerful than Thing and can take down Ironman. This forum is becoming more nutty by the day in here. This place is worse than an asylum sometimes

Cannonball is Invulnerable while moving and has taken hits from Galdiator (Supes rip off) before.

LordFear
Originally posted by grey fox
Cannonball is Invulnerable while moving and has taken hits from Galdiator (Supes rip off) before.

So by that logic he can't be stopped by Colossus?
Well I think otherwise according to Colossus's feats

celestialdemon
Cannonball taking on Gladiator was PIS. He never showed a power level anywhere close to this either before or after this incident. Colossus wins this.

masterbruce
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Cannonball taking on Gladiator was PIS. He never showed a power level anywhere close to this either before or after this incident. Colossus wins this.

Even if Cannonball taking Gladiator was PIS, which I'm not convinced it was, what the hell is Colossus gonna do with Cannonball flying fullforce straight at him?

xmarksthespot
For anyone who's curious this is the Cannonball/Gladiator fight people are referring to...
http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/6853/uncannyxmen34106kg3.th.jpghttp://img92.imageshack.us/img92/6114/uncannyxmen34107uh3.th.jpghttp://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2953/uncannyxmen34110ey8.th.jpghttp://img92.imageshack.us/img92/4427/uncannyxmen34111te9.th.jpg
http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/9962/uncannyxmen34112xr7.th.jpghttp://img215.imageshack.us/img215/228/uncannyxmen34116pk9.th.jpghttp://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1447/uncannyxmen34117jd9.th.jpghttp://img222.imageshack.us/img222/5640/uncannyxmen34118ox6.th.jpghttp://img222.imageshack.us/img222/2116/uncannyxmen34119wz0.th.jpg

LordFear
Even if Cannonball taking Gladiator was PIS, which I'm not convinced it was, what the hell is Colossus gonna do with Cannonball flying fullforce straight at him?

This is the same guy that traded blows with Juggy the Classic version. He could hurl anything in his immediate vicinity at CB. Hell time the force of impact and deliver his sunday's best punch right at Cb and see who stands. Colosus is not without resources in this fight pal! Not by a longshot.

celestialdemon

And that is going to hurt Colossus how?

masterbruce
And that is going to hurt Colossus how?

Not the first time, but after a coupla those cannonballs, Colossus is gonna be knocked out.

LordFear
Collosus is not gonna stand around being a target for this guy. He is gonna use whaever is at his disposal and make himself a moving target while tossing cars, bricks, lamp posts or whatever he can find

capt it up
who ever said colossus takes Iron Man is jsut Plain wrong.

celestialdemon
Not the first time, but after a coupla those cannonballs, Colossus is gonna be knocked out.

It's going to take a hell of a lot more than a couple to do that, and like Lord Fear said, Colossus isn't going to stand there and let Cannonball hit him.

Brian Oswald
Cannonball can do alot more than just fly around and hit people. He can absorb kinetic energy to make him stronger(see Gladiator scans) he can create large booms and explosions by releasing this stored energy and encompass and trap other in a forcefield. Im saying he can beat Colossus for sure but he can do way more than fly around and hit him. And if Sam unloads his energy on Colossus it would be alot of pressure on Colossus

masterbruce
It's going to take a hell of a lot more than a couple to do that, and like Lord Fear said, Colossus isn't going to stand there and let Cannonball hit him.

Cannonball is WAY faster than Colossus. So he can't really run away. And if he tosses cars or other things, Cannonball will go through them because when he's charging at something, he has his impenetrable forcefield.

LordFear
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
Cannonball can do alot more than just fly around and hit people. He can absorb kinetic energy to make him stronger(see Gladiator scans) he can create large booms and explosions by releasing this stored energy and encompass and trap other in a forcefield. Im saying he can beat Colossus for sure but he can do way more than fly around and hit him. And if Sam unloads his energy on Colossus it would be alot of pressure on Colossus

Pressure is one thing but coming out with a win is another

LordFear
Cannonball is WAY faster than Colossus. So he can't really run away. And if he tosses cars or other things, Cannonball will go through them because when he's charging at something, he has his impenetrable forcefield.

I have seen Cannonball's so called impenetrable forcefield penetrated. Collosus has the entire environment to play with. Just keep hurdling objects at him. Whenever Sam IS CHARGING, that's his opening to deliver a his hardest blow to him. Tactiful fighting comes into play here but I see Collosus winning with smarts.

celestialdemon

Impenetrable? He's been knocked out by flying into Juggernaut before.

juggernaut74
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/ColossusfloorinCannonball.jpg

I got this from the respect thread of Colossus. I don't think Cannonball was kayoed but he was loopy. Still a good fight.

Brian Oswald
Cannonball cant do much. He cant back enough punch. He has an advantage in that he can fly around and not get hit but if he ever goes in for a hit he's gone

LordFear
Originally posted by juggernaut74
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/ColossusfloorinCannonball.jpg

I got this from the respect thread of Colossus. I don't think Cannonball was kayoed but he was loopy. Still a good fight.

This is EXACTLY what I have been arguing since the commencement of this thread/ Thank you for a great scan, my friend. Argument ends here

masterbruce
thats an old scan. Cannonball is much more powerful now, even keeping in mind Colossus upgrades himself.

Cannonball is a special mutant, not just a run of the mill. He can def take Colossus

too fast and invincible shield plus kinetc powered punches = dead metal man

LordFear
thats an old scan. Cannonball is much more powerful now, even keeping in mind Colossus upgrades himself.

Cannonball is a special mutant, not just a run of the mill. He can def take Colossus

You haven't even set up a plausible scenario where Collosus would be on the run playing defense. What does Cannonball have in his arsenal to take Pietr down?
Please elaborate on that. You are saying current version as if his upgrades have turned him into a god or something while Collosus has remained stagnant.

masterbruce
You haven't even set up a plausible scenario where Collosus would be on the run playing defense. What does Cannonball have in his arsenal to take Pietr down?
Please elaborate on that. You are saying current version as if his upgrades have turned him into a god or something while Collosus has remained stagnant.

Check the gladiator scan. Cannonball KNOCKED OUT CONFIDEnt Gladiator with a single punch.

even assuming that was a bit exaggerated, he could def knock out Colossus, who is much weaker than Gladiator.

Kaos sebaceous
Cannonball.
Why?
Because hes just stronger while in flight

celestialdemon

Again, the Gladiator fight was PIS. Gladiator has taken on WAY more than Cannonball before. He's destroyed entire planets with his fists. Cannonball has never shown this type of power either before or after this incident. It's like saying Spiderman could take it to SS because he beat Firelord, even though he's never been able to duplicate that feat.

Utrigita
Again, the Gladiator fight was PIS. Gladiator has taken on WAY more than Cannonball before. He's destroyed entire planets with his fists. Cannonball has never shown this type of power either before or after this incident. It's like saying Spiderman could take it to SS because he beat Firelord, even though he's never been able to duplicate that feat.

But if you can state that the scan with the Gladiator Fight was PIS, then we can also say that the scan where he knocks out Cannonball is PIS, And in the secret wars I (I hate II) the first fight between the the heroes and bad guys, colossus is amongst the first to go down hardly impressiv for a guy that traded blow with cyttorak Juggernaut.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Utrigita
But if you can state that the scan with the Gladiator Fight was PIS, then we can also say that the scan where he knocks out Cannonball is PIS, And in the secret wars I (I hate II) the first fight between the the heroes and bad guys, colossus is amongst the first to go down hardly impressiv for a guy that traded blow with cyttorak Juggernaut.

Not really. Colossus regularly tangles with heavy hitters like Juggernaut. Cannonball doesn't. He usually deals with other mutants. This is the only instance where he's dealt with someone of Gladiator's caliber, and he wasn't hurt by Kallark. That's PIS, especially since in the past, Cannonball has been knocked around by both Colossus and Juggernaut while using his force field.

Utrigita
Yes, but we can only assume from what we know and the scans postet, that his field would take it since a hit from the gladiator didn't penetratet it he felt it but it didn't penetratet it and Gladiator can at optimal condition lift press at least 100 tons vs colossus which under optimale conditions can lift press at least 70.

Jyppe
Check the gladiator scan. Cannonball KNOCKED OUT CONFIDEnt Gladiator with a single punch.

even assuming that was a bit exaggerated, he could def knock out Colossus, who is much weaker than Gladiator.

Umm, Gladiator wasn't KOed. He got right up, as mad as hell. And Gladiator wasn't looking for a fight with canonball either.

Canonball absorbed the power from one of Gladiator's punches, which Gladiator belive to be impossible weakening him because his confidence dropped. and then Canonball redirected the force from the punch at Gladiator.

quickshot
Originally posted by Jyppe
Umm, Gladiator wasn't KOed. He got right up, as mad as hell. And Gladiator wasn't looking for a fight with canonball either.

Canonball absorbed the power from one of Gladiator's punches, which Gladiator belive to be impossible weakening him because his confidence dropped. and then Canonball redirected the force from the punch at Gladiator.

So in theory couldn't cannonball just sit there take the punishment of colossus and then throw it back supercharged t the last minute.

masterbruce
Originally posted by quickshot
So in theory couldn't cannonball just sit there take the punishment of colossus and then throw it back supercharged t the last minute.

yes, not only in theory, but also in reality.

xmarksthespot
I'm still reserving judgment on this fight. It's plausible for either to win imo.Originally posted by celestialdemon
Colossus regularly tangles with heavy hitters like Juggernaut. Cannonball doesn't. He usually deals with other mutants. This is the only instance where he's dealt with someone of Gladiator's caliber, and he wasn't hurt by Kallark. That's PIS, especially since in the past, Cannonball has been knocked around by both Colossus and Juggernaut while using his force field. I like Colossus, but bringing up fights with Juggernaut is misleading. The only fights he's ever had with classic Juggernaut, have involved him either using guile to incapacitate/remove him or basically being manhandled. Neither Colossus nor Cannonball are winning any fights against classic Juggernaut.

The scan of Colossus and Cannonball shows a young inexperienced Cannonball still in training, still wearing the generic New Mutants uniform (so sometime between New Mutants #01 and #60) and still relatively inept with his powers. I don't recall him actually being hurt in any way by it either. Of foremost importance, this was before he learned he could absorb kinetic impact.

masterbruce
excellent points

Utrigita
agree

Jyppe
Originally posted by quickshot

What's there to say that it will work against multiple punches? And Colossus isn't arrogant, he will dodge and fight smart. Unlike the jobbing Gladiator.

Hell, Canonball was owned by a sentient machine some time ago. Brute strenght does work against him.

Brutacus
Even thow cannonball took on gladiator, gladiator is not colossus and I mean that colossus will stay as strong as he is and he doesn't get weaker iff he loses his confident like gladiator.
Iff he fought cannonball like he fought vulcan you really think cannonball would be still alive???

Scoobless
Bump.

Cannonball smacked himself into Juggernaut and he barely noticed him, at least Colossus gets a reaction out of Juggy.

psy_blade
Cannonball might win if he used his powers more offensively.

snoopdogg
Colossus had defeated him when they were both younger once before. But they are both more powerful now.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/ColossusvsCannonball.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/ColossusvsCannonball2.jpg

carver9
here ya go look at cannonball powers. Theres nothing that colossus could do to cannonball. The reason that he took gladiator punch and just stood there was because he absorbed the entire punch and sent it back to gladiator. He did the same thing to the fury. He can prison colossus. Blow up the area that colossus is in. Or just take all of colossus punches and let it build up and hit colossus with a force that would turn him back to human form. Now I told you of ways that sam could beat colossus, tell me a way that colossus can beat sam who is truly invulnerable except to magic.

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=80

Roldz
Could Cannonball possibly absorb any impact (K-energy) everytime he charge at someone? If his capable of that, it would make his blast charge at an opponent more powerfull everytime it hits, till its enough for a KO.. Current, i dont think is that skilled yet...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.