Most Badass Leader in History?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fruits
i realize by asking who's the biggest badass in history, i'm not really keeping this professional, but im really just wondering what you all think??

In my opinion.....Andrew Jackson. One of the toughest most BA guys in american history. During the War of 1812, in the battle at New Orleans, he could convince anyone off the street to pick up a gun and come fight for the cause. He did what he wanted. That battle was the bloodiest of the war. And all the duels he was involved in? while he was the general in that battle, he currently had a bullet lodged in his chest from a previous duel. I'm not supporting his actions, like the whole trail of tears thing, but he's just such a bamf.

That's my opinion.......what do you think?

Barker
Badass? I bet there were some chunky asses on the Queens of England early on..

Hair Bear
Maggie Thatcher everyone left the room when she farted!

Templares
Mark Anthony . . . . (Oops sorry, im still on a Rome trip, great series by the way).

Eccentric
Stalin for sure.

beta-wolf_101
Alexander the Great, conquered the world.....

KonekoNinja
Emperor Qin Shi Huang,

Conquered all of China, Built the great wall, unified measurement across his empire, avoided several assassination attempts, killed his mother's lover and their children among others while solidifying his rule over the entire middle kingdom. Eventually he went crazy from mercury poisoning which he was drinking in his tea in an attempt to live forever. His empire dissolved 3 years later. This all happened in 221 BCE, he is still hate by Chinese today.

Lord Coal
Nero. The guy killed his own mother.

Caligula was pretty bad, too.

BackFire
*Waits for some stupid, wannabe-sophisticated 15 year old to say Hitler in hopes of sounding unique or interesting*.

Symmetric Chaos
*says Hitler in hopes of sounding unique or interesting*

Really though I'd go with AlexanderTheGreat or GengisKahn

Spidervlad
Either Cyrus of Persia or Stalin.

Cyrus conquered most of Asia after uniting Persia, which was a set of different countries. There was one country, the "king's" country, who all the other countries had to give gifts. Cyrus's father was the ruler of one of these countries, and he saw how unfair it was. When he grew up he united all the countries, destroyed the "king's" country, and then went on to building a huge army. He conquered Babylon, which was the greatest city at that time. Cyrus was the first commander ever to seperate his army into units, or batallions. He was also the first one to actually use cavalry as a tactical adventage isntead of brute strength.

Stalin, well, he just pwned in military. But he was jackass for getting paranoid and putting so many people to jail.

Count Makashi
Napoleon, concurred almost all of Europe in such a small amount of time and he would have concurred Russia, if it wasn't for the winter.

jasonk3
Genghis Khan

Lord Coal
Originally posted by Count Makashi
Napoleon, concurred almost all of Europe in such a small amount of time and he would have concurred Russia, if it wasn't for the winter.

Napoleon agreed with almost all of Europe?

As for conquering, Napoleon didn't do shit. He became the boss man of France (Called himself 'Emperor', what a tw@) but didn't really conquer anything worth worrying about outside of that. True, he invaded Italy as far as Rome and effectively controlled parts of Italy and Germany, but that was mostly through alliances, and he couldn't touch the other major players. Even when allied with mighty Spain, he still got pawned by the British.

He might have stood a chance if he had Nelson and Wellington on his side, but he didn't have them, so....

Slyððering
Ah, come on people, it has to be Attila the Hun! stick out tongue

Seriously though, I can't really think of anybody else in history who is famed for being a badass and only a badass. What little information we have on Attila depicts him as the absolute badass, (although some of this might have been Western bias against the Eastern invaders). And who else was actually ever able to conquer (and yet also inspire) the ancient Gothic peoples?

Lord Coal
You make a good point, but the lack of easily-available information about Attila means that, like you say, we can't be sure that he was that 'badass'. We know how western civilisations like to use propoganda against their enemies and make them out to be worse than they are.

Slyððering
Yeah, I s'pose.

Templares
"Nelson is to sea what Napoleon is to land."

The English are lucky that they have a channel between them and Bonaparte, unlike the Dutch, the German states and the Hapsburgs. The Russians have tracts and tracts of land seperating them and Napoleon. IIRC the only alliance that Napoleon made is between the Russian tsar; everything in between them is Napoleon's territory.

Spain in Napoleon's time is a faint shadow of its former self and is far from being France's ally.

And Waterloo itself is a battle that could have gone either way and IIRC Napoleon's forces were outnumbered by the Continental forces under Wellington and Blucher.

Napoleon may be a pompous tyrant but he's an effective military leader.

Eccentric
Napoleon isn't really badass though, he didn't really achieve much and he let history repeat itself and on top of it he didn't kill a lot of his enemies, he just got his own people killed.

speiderman
Stalin . maybe Saddam Hussein. you take your pick

Captain REX
Character-wise, Teddy Roosevelt was definitely a bamf.

Action-wise, see everyone else's posts. I would have to vote for someone who pretty much conquered the world, or did something batshit insane and came away alive.

Slyððering
Originally posted by Captain REX
Character-wise, Teddy Roosevelt was definitely a bamf.

Action-wise, see everyone else's posts. I would have to vote for someone who pretty much conquered the world, or did something batshit insane and came away alive.

Bah! Attila the Hun! stick out tongue

Penelope
I think Ghenghis Khan is definately one of the "badd asses" for sure. After he unified the Conferderations, the Mongol Nation had a population of around 200,000 people, with a standing army of aproximately 70,000 infantry, which continued to grow after each invasion.

Leper_Messiah
Originally posted by beta-wolf_101
Alexander the Great, conquered the world.....

Lord Coal
Originally posted by Templares
And Waterloo itself is a battle that could have gone either way

You must not know the story of what Boney actually DID at Waterloo?

He spent the whole battle sat on the toilet with the two-bob-bits. Not particularly bad-ass....

And having the Channel between Britain and France doesn't mean shit. William I managed to invade England from France, and Henry V pretty much brought the French to their knees at a time when the Angevin Empire controlled a relatively small amount of French land, so most of his resources had to cross the water.

No, what stood in the way of Napoleon conquering Britain was a bloody good navy.

TRH
Kim Il Sung,Stalin but Enver Hoxha tops my list

Redatom65
King Leonidas, i've said that since 6th grade in history class and we saw the 1961 film 300 Spartans. Now I'm Extremely hyped about this new film "300"

Koenig
I say Robert Mugabe is one son of a b***h who has destroyed his own country who docks the wages of his workers to pay for his birthday party. That man really is one bad ass of a leader.

Lord Coal
Originally posted by Koenig
I say Robert Mugabe is one son of a b***h who has destroyed his own country who docks the wages of his workers to pay for his birthday party. That man really is one bad ass of a leader.

He's a bit of a cvnt, really.

Eccentric
Idi Amin is pretty badass too... he made the doctors cut off his dead wife's arms and legs and swap them around... and then took his son to go see her and told him if he wasn't obedient, that is what would happen to him.

Vinny Valentine
Hitler.

Eccentric
You know Stalin had more people killed than Hitler? :P

Lord Coal
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Hitler.

laughing laughing laughing

I gues the angry short bloke had to be mentioned eventually.....

Penelope
Hitler was like a "star" in his country, but only there were no other "stars" in his country during his "reign".

zephiel7
Cyrus or Darius.

Darius got too cocky, wanted too much...his son got his ass kicked due to terrible tactics and reconnaissance.

Cyrus on the other hand formed the Archemid Empire - greatest Empire at the time- and set out what could resemble the first Charter of Rights. He played it smart; by letting each nation that he "conquered" to retain their customs and traditions, he had the support of all the nations under his rule. If he were in charge of things during the battle against the coalition of Greek city-states...well customs and tradition would be very different, I would say.

Utrigita
Most badass to achive a cause I would say General Graham during the war from 1861-1865 didn't care how many men he lost he just wanted to win, his counterpart who fought for the south lee was a master strategist quiet badass too.

As most badass leaders in the world difficuelt has been many maoi from china is a badass supposed to have killed more men then Stalin.

Ghengis Khan is also badass to me. And Elizabeth of England to

Templares
Originally posted by Lord Coal
You must not know the story of what Boney actually DID at Waterloo?

He spent the whole battle sat on the toilet with the two-bob-bits. Not particularly bad-ass....

And having the Channel between Britain and France doesn't mean shit. William I managed to invade England from France, and Henry V pretty much brought the French to their knees at a time when the Angevin Empire controlled a relatively small amount of French land, so most of his resources had to cross the water.

No, what stood in the way of Napoleon conquering Britain was a bloody good navy.

Hence, my earlier quote: "Nelson is to sea what Napoleon is to land." The Channel and England's superb navy is what prevented it from suffering the same fate of the German states, Italy and Austria who are on the same piece of land as France is and are within easy reach of Napoleon's superb army.

Its very likely that if Britain was a country found in the Continent like the other countries i mentioned, and not in an island, it would have succumbed to Napoleon's army.

There was a lot of wrong info in your earlier post that needed to be cleared, Napoleon didnt make any alliances on the European continent aside from the Russian tsar (and probably the Pope). He does his conquering by force of arms and not through alliances, and Spain was from being 'Mighty' during Napoleon's time.

He's far from my mind when i think of someone as "badass", I just have this distinct impression that youre not giving Bonaparte his due in your earlier post.

Gideon
Originally posted by Eccentric
You know Stalin had more people killed than Hitler? :P

That's true - but if I'm not mistaken - Stalin was terrified of Hitler as he began his rise to power, hence the non-aggression pact.

Lord Coal
Originally posted by Templares
I just have this distinct impression that youre not giving Bonaparte his due in your earlier post.

I'm British. He was French. Do the math. stick out tongue

And Utrigita, WTF are you on about? Elizabeth of England? How was she badass? (Whichever one you're on about)

Mary I was the complete ***** who persecuted her own people. Elizabeth I was just a frigid ginger cow, and Elizabeth II is, well, kinda pointless...

Utrigita
Originally posted by Gideon
That's true - but if I'm not mistaken - Stalin was terrified of Hitler as he began his rise to power, hence the non-aggression pact.

Stalin was only terrified of Hitler because of the red army being worth less then nothing on a battlefield. (believe they had, had some problems in the twenties

Utrigita
Originally posted by Lord Coal
I'm British. He was French. Do the math. stick out tongue

And Utrigita, WTF are you on about? Elizabeth of England? How was she badass? (Whichever one you're on about)

Mary I was the complete ***** who persecuted her own people. Elizabeth I was just a frigid ginger cow, and Elizabeth II is, well, kinda pointless...

I was talking collecting land and building up a empire hence the reason I put her on the line with Ghengis Khan he was badass in conquering and Elisabeth I did kill her own family to ensure her stay on power, and to builded up the greatest empire this world has ever seen you are english begin counting the colonies.

Koenig
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Hitler.

Try Stalin who killed a good 20 million unlike Hitler with only 12 million.

Utrigita
try mao and come back

Count Makashi
Yes, but in percentage measurements, Pol Pot was the worst, he killed about half of his people.

lancethebrave
Vlad the Impaler, real life Dracula, slaughtered entire families, and destroyed the Byzantine army before it could far into Romania where he ruled, also he did drink the blood of his enemies so... thats pretty badass

Penelope
Originally posted by lancethebrave
Vlad the Impaler, real life Dracula, slaughtered entire families, and destroyed the Byzantine army before it could far into Romania where he ruled, also he did drink the blood of his enemies so... thats pretty badass

Keep in mind that Vlad was forced to witness the "slaughter" of his Own family at a young age. That by itself is enough reason to make you want to "go crazy".

lancethebrave
so? hes still more bad ass then plenty of leaders, just because of trauma doesn't make one anymore less of a man.

Janus X
Hannibal.

Penelope
so? hes still more bad ass then plenty of leaders, just because of trauma doesn't make one anymore less of a man.

I never said trauma would make anyone less of a person. He is definately bad ass. Now calm down sweety.

lancethebrave
I'm calm rolling on floor laughing just thought you were forming an argument... and i try so hard not to assume anything sad

Penelope
I'm calm rolling on floor laughing just thought you were forming an argument... and i try so hard not to assume anything sad

It's ok big grin , i am definately a Vlad lover myself.

~Flamboyant~
Stonewall Jackson.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by fruits
i realize by asking who's the biggest badass in history, i'm not really keeping this professional, but im really just wondering what you all think??

In my opinion.....Andrew Jackson. One of the toughest most BA guys in american history. During the War of 1812, in the battle at New Orleans, he could convince anyone off the street to pick up a gun and come fight for the cause. He did what he wanted. That battle was the bloodiest of the war. And all the duels he was involved in? while he was the general in that battle, he currently had a bullet lodged in his chest from a previous duel. I'm not supporting his actions, like the whole trail of tears thing, but he's just such a bamf.

Can it be a general, or does it have to be a politician/monarch?

Lord Coal
Originally posted by Utrigita
Elisabeth I did kill her own family to ensure her stay on power

Oh? Who?

Estrecca
He wasn't a national leader, but I nominate Hernan Cortez, a man with big balls of steel. From the burning of his own ships, to returning to Tenochticlan after La Noche Triste his campaign in Mexico was a big show of badassitude, technological advantage notwithstanding.

PONG_MASTER
Vlad the Impaler. He'd kill thousands of people just by putting huge stakes in the ground for his enemies to fall and get f*cking shish-kabobed.

RaventheOnly
Assurbanipal II

http://www.american-pictures.com/genealogy/persons/per01997.htm

He basically founded the first Empire in History, The Assyrian Empire. He literally took the brutality of the ancient world onto a new stage of destruction and subordination. His walls in his palace have carvings and paintings of the many thousands he impalled and decapitated commonly. Also his armies where known to create piles of heads and hands of those they annihliated. Yet this was not different from many of the Kings who followed him but he was the first and they all strived to be like him.

Penelope
Originally posted by RaventheOnly
Assurbanipal II

http://www.american-pictures.com/genealogy/persons/per01997.htm

He basically founded the first Empire in History, The Assyrian Empire. He literally took the brutality of the ancient world onto a new stage of destruction and subordination. His walls in his palace have carvings and paintings of the many thousands he impalled and decapitated commonly. Also his armies where known to create piles of heads and hands of those they annihliated. Yet this was not different from many of the Kings who followed him but he was the first and they all strived to be like him.

I was under the impression that the world's first known Emperor, was Sargon The Great, of Akkad. Whom many Assyrian Kings claimed descent from.

Strangelove
Hammurabi

RaventheOnly
Originally posted by Penelope
I was under the impression that the world's first known Emperor, was Sargon The Great, of Akkad. Whom many Assyrian Kings claimed descent from.

Your right, i mixed up the names its Ashur-nasir-pal II who is the first _ . _ who did basically the same thing as Assurbanipal II in the means of brutality. Sargon the Great was an early early King but really Sargon II is far more recent. Sargon the Great is a bit more mythical, he ruled in Sumeria in like 2000 BC and truly just killed a lot of people with brilliant strategy. He founded th Assyrian kingdom and its line but not until Ashur did the kingdom go empire.

http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-9009857/Ashurnasirpal-II

http://www.allempires.com/article/index.php?q=Sargon_Great

misskraidridley
Definitly Vlad the Ipmaler. He inspired Count Dracula.

dr. pookie
i bet joan of arc had a nice bad booty

Tangible God
Is this badass in terms of body-count, Machiavellianism, amount achieved?

Body-count: Stalin.

Machiavellian: There's a lot, you can only go with favourites.

Achievement: Genghis Khan.

Cosmo Kramer
Tony Montana...he killed so many Columbions!

lilylidou
Originally posted by KonekoNinja
Emperor Qin Shi Huang,

Conquered all of China, Built the great wall, unified measurement across his empire, avoided several assassination attempts, killed his mother's lover and their children among others while solidifying his rule over the entire middle kingdom. Eventually he went crazy from mercury poisoning which he was drinking in his tea in an attempt to live forever. His empire dissolved 3 years later. This all happened in 221 BCE, he is still hate by Chinese today.
you are A In Chinese hostory
But I think he is not badness in China

King Kandy
Originally posted by Tangible God
Is this badass in terms of body-count, Machiavellianism, amount achieved?

Body-count: Stalin.

Machiavellian: There's a lot, you can only go with favourites.

Achievement: Genghis Khan.
Mao killed more then Stalin.

michaelangelo4
joseph stalin all the way

michaelangelo4
mao also rocks

michaelangelo4
and hitler, through i am against nacism

michaelangelo4
aint jesus some kind of leader?

michaelangelo4
wtf... my account is weird.
sorry, guys, didnt meant to spam.. gotta check up a bit on my account

michaelangelo4
testing

michaelangelo4
damn, it IS my account... i will make up for it.

sorry guys didnt meant to spam

Ulysses
Hannibal. Taking elephants into battle? Definition of badass if you ask me.

Fishy
Originally posted by Ulysses
Hannibal. Taking elephants into battle? Definition of badass if you ask me.

He wasn't really the first to do that, nor the last for that matter. Plenty of people took elephants into battle.

Bat Dude
Cao Cao
Genghis Khan
Oda Nobunaga
Alexander the Great

those four are badass...

Devil King

I think it's easy to play "badass" when the other side is already running away.

SnazzySmurph
William Wallace...

... if only Braveheart was all fact. laughcry

ragesRemorse

Alexander the great....,dude constructed a causeway connecting mainland to island just so he could kick some ass

IHateCaesar
Hannibal crossing the Alps with a ton of elephants with the biggest empire right after him thats like unthinkable

malakismeno
Tamerlane - the definition of badass

This guy ordered every soldier should return with at least to heads to show him, otherwise he'll be executed

He, also, in a battle in India, made the elephants turn against the Hindus using flamed camels, then took Delhi and killed 100.000 people in one day.

real badass

RE: Blaxican
Kim Jong.

He just doesn't give a ****.

Dude's totally... Il!

Bicnarok

Lord Lucien
Was he even real?

And I say Chinggis Khaan (ooo proper!). Biggest empire ever FTW.

The Dark Cloud
I hate leaders. The fact that humans follow leaders is why the world is so ****ed up

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
I hate leaders. The fact that humans follow leaders is why the world is so ****ed up

I would follow your wisdom to the end of the Earth.

Originally posted by The Dark Cloud

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h225/Axcel3/340x-3.gif

FinalAnswer
http://www.cracked.com/article_15895_the-5-most-badass-presidents-all-time_p5.html

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h225/Axcel3/340x-3.gif

Darth Jello
If we're saying badasses in terms of body count, territory, and attrocities then in modern times we're talking Stalin. If you attribute his military ****ups, the holodomir, the purges, and the activities of the NKVD and the army, we're talking about somewhere around 60,000,000 deaths, at least 20,000,000 counts of rape and torture, and the Eastern Bloc.

If we're talking about before that, there's Genghis Kahn who definitely did a lot of raping considering that something like 1 in 5 people on the planet is a direct descendant, plus all the murder, attrocities, tributes, and everything else that allows you to unite warring people and conquer the largest swath of territory of any leader in the history of the world.
You've got Ivan The Terrible as well who similarly expanded Russia. Now I wouldn't list Vlad III Dracula because while there's no question that he impaled people and killed at least 300,000 people, there's some confusion as to whether he or Ivan committed most of those. Plus they both were influenced by Minamata disease what with all the mercury.

Zampanó
James Buchanan is by far the most BA leader in American history, and by extension the most BA leader in world history.

Omega Vision
Peter the Great, Andrew Jackson, Shaka Zulu, Ghengis Khan, Julius Ceasar, and Theodore Roosevelt spring to mind.

Symmetric Chaos
Sargon the Great.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Darth Jello
If we're saying badasses in terms of body count, territory, and attrocities then in modern times we're talking Stalin. If you attribute his military ****ups, the holodomir, the purges, and the activities of the NKVD and the army, we're talking about somewhere around 60,000,000 deaths, at least 20,000,000 counts of rape and torture, and the Eastern Bloc.

If we're talking about before that, there's Genghis Kahn who definitely did a lot of raping considering that something like 1 in 5 people on the planet is a direct descendant, plus all the murder, attrocities, tributes, and everything else that allows you to unite warring people and conquer the largest swath of territory of any leader in the history of the world.
You've got Ivan The Terrible as well who similarly expanded Russia. Now I wouldn't list Vlad III Dracula because while there's no question that he impaled people and killed at least 300,000 people, there's some confusion as to whether he or Ivan committed most of those. Plus they both were influenced by Minamata disease what with all the mercury.
I don't believe there's anything badass about committing atrocities, quite to the contrary most of the people you mentioned come off as the opposite of badasses, particularly Stalin who was said to have been shitting his pants in terror when Hitler's armies were approaching Moscow.

Robtard
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Sargon the Great. Suleiman the Magnificent; everyone know "magnificent' is 3 or possibly 4 notches above "great", so burn. Also have an extra syllable in the name so sick burn, *****.

Darth Jello
I was going by previous entries. Also, James Buchanan was like, the worst president ever. TR was good if you ignore the yellow peril episode.

majid86
Genghis Khan FTW

majid86
Timur
Barbur
Aurangzeb

All emperors that desend from Genghis Khan that also ruled large empires

I'll go with khan

8% of the males in mongolia and some other parts of asia (0.5% of the global male population) have this gene that spread too quickly to be counted for by genetic drift about 1000 years ago. the explanation proposed for this was social selecetion permitted the prestige his royal family had in arranging marriage and gathering harens. Mass rapes might have accounted for some of it, but it's doubtfull that it was the main cause.

Zampanó
I was going by previous entries. Also, James Buchanan was like, the worst president ever. TR was good if you ignore the yellow peril episode.
How dare you?

James Buchanan is responsible for preserving the union through its greatest existential risk to date: the Civil War! Because of his handling of the Secession crisis, Abraham Lincoln got elected. Everything that Lincoln accomplished can be attributed directly to Buchanan, from the Emancipation Proclamation to the Northern victory in the war.

The Nuul
Most Dumbass Leader in History?

Bush!

Bicnarok
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Was he even real?

And I say Chinggis Khaan (ooo proper!). Biggest empire ever FTW.

cause he was, I saw him on Tv so he must be real. smokin'

Originally posted by The Nuul
Most Dumbass Leader in History?

Bush! Bush made off with millions of dollars, lined the pockets of all his associates, and didn't get hanged/shot/imprisoned for it.

I'd say he's pretty damn smart.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Bicnarok
cause he was, I saw him on Tv so he must be real. smokin' That's the attitude I take toward Ethiopians.

Bicnarok
That's the attitude I take toward Ethiopians.

Ethiopians, why them, because they have a weird head shape?

Or do you find it hard to believe how mega Haile Gebre Selassie wassmile

Lord Lucien
No, because they no longer live on Earth. All emigrated to Marklar.

King Kandy
Most of the early leaders of communist nations. I mean, they got to be where they were through revolution and were in general some pretty nasty ****ers. Stalin was like the mother of all thugs in his youth.

Mr_Sticky_belly
The most badass leader? Leonidas, he led from the front and dined in hell!

General_Iroh
It just doesn't get any better than Putin.
IV4IjHz2yIo

dadudemon
No, because they no longer live on Earth. All emigrated to Marklar.

Southpark reference, in case anyone wanted to know. Just watched that episode for the first time, last week.

Also, the answer to the thread, it was any of those military dudes that are superior to John Rambo. All of them more badass than any leader in this thread, right?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by dadudemon
Southpark reference, in case anyone wanted to know. Just watched that episode for the first time, last week. In case you couldn't tell what that feeling is, that's my look of incredulous rage burning you through the screen.

Tha C-Master

That's my opinion.......what do you think? You read my mind.

captainwesker
I think Sargon the Great was a bad ass. He conquered most of Sumer city-states and is known as history's first conqueror.

Joker1237
Alexander the Great has my vote.

red g jacks
my nigga hannibal

http://webs.bcp.org/sites/lwest/hannibal_Elephants.jpg

****ing elephants son

Bouboumaster
There's only one who can win this:
Theodore Roosevelt

Two of the most pimp leaders would be Genghis Khan and Napoleon.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
You read my mind.
Also when a guy attempted to assassinate him Jackson's deathglare caused the pistol to misfire and it took Davy ****ing Crockett to stop Jackson from destroying the guy.

The incredible thing is that what I wrote above is actually 95% fact. stick out tongue

Ill go with gunther here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbYtqAWDF2U

Robtard
Originally posted by red g jacks
my nigga hannibal

****ing elephants son

The Elephants over the alps is probably BS. They likely would not have survived the trip.

Dude was a military genius though.

ADarksideJedi
There are too many who I can think of.

red g jacks
Originally posted by Robtard
The Elephants over the alps is probably BS. They likely would not have survived the trip.

Dude was a military genius though. i saw it on the history channel, therefore it must be true. it's history son.

jinXed by JaNx
Alex

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Robtard

Dude was a military genius though. He did lose about half of the elephants crossing.

Nephthys
Leonidus or Alexander. Boudica was apparantly pretty insane as well. Joan of Arc was also ****ing mental just because she took a canonball to the head and kept on trucking.

Lord Lucien
A stone cannonball. F*ckin wuss.

Nephthys
Stone cannonballs are the best cannonballs and you know it. crackers

King Castle
i dont know why no one mentioned:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CsNAB1sCKNg/SkQkGSueW7I/AAAAAAAAExo/gM9-igldTMU/s400/Bush+Hero.jpg

truejedi
Kublai Khan: Ruled over the largest empire in history and was about to conquer Europe when he choked to death.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by truejedi
Kublai Khan: Ruled over the largest empire in history and was about to conquer Europe when he choked to death. That kinda depreciates is badassitude. I'd pick Genghis first. I saw a History Channel special that concluded that 1/50 people can trace their lineage back him.

Conquering the gene pool. That's badass.

truejedi
well, Kublai is the one that built the largest land empire in the history of the world. (Britain has the overall largest empire record)

truejedi
oh, and of course Julius Caesar. I guess that guy was ridiculously charismatic. If we lived in the day, we would probably want to follow him.

Lord Lucien
I know I would. Him or Hannibal.

And wasn't it Genghis who did the bulk of the conquering? Or at least the majority?

Rainbow Dash
I know I would. Him or Hannibal.

And wasn't it Genghis who did the bulk of the conquering? Or at least the majority?

Half of it of it, maybe. He got the ball running. A man can only live so long, then he dies, no matter his rate of success stick out tongue I would say Genghis over Kublai any day.

AsbestosFlaygon
Mayer Amschel Rothshild (AKA The Man).

Founder of the Rothschild family dynasty.
Founder of the Bilderburg and its subsidiaries (Illuminati, New World Order, etc.)

The Rothschilds family are the current owners of the Earth in general, including its wealth, resources, and populace.
Their combined net worth is believed to be in the trillions.
The Rockefeller family are their subordinates.
They also have full control over all forms of media.

alltoomany
Thomas Jefferson?

StarCraft2
The guy in cambodia... pot something..

OR

LEONIDAS!!!

GRIMNIR
Genghis Khan FTW Happy Dance

GRIMNIR
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Mayer Amschel Rothshild (AKA The Man).

Founder of the Rothschild family dynasty.
Founder of the Bilderburg and its subsidiaries (Illuminati, New World Order, etc.)

The Rothschilds family are the current owners of the Earth in general, including its wealth, resources, and populace.
Their combined net worth is believed to be in the trillions.
The Rockefeller family are their subordinates.
They also have full control over all forms of media.

soon they will start world war III kill off billions and make themselves even richer

Bicnarok
Originally posted by StarCraft2
The guy in cambodia... pot something..

OR

LEONIDAS!!!

Pol Pot, yep he was certainly a bad ass. But maybe a cowardly one seeing as he mostly killed farmers and the like.

Leonidas took on a bigger army and kicked ass, ok he died but at least he went in style.

The Dark Cloud
I do not respect leaders

GRIMNIR
This is why Genghis Khan gets my vote

In the early 13th century, the Khwarezmian Dynasty was governed by Shah Ala ad-Din Muhammad. Genghis Khan saw the potential advantage in Khwarezmia as a commercial trading partner using the Silk Road, and he initially sent a 500-man caravan to establish official trade ties with the empire. However, Inalchuq, the governor of the Khwarezmian city of Otrar, attacked the caravan that came from Mongolia, claiming that the caravan contained spies and therefore was a conspiracy against Khwarezmia. The situation became further complicated because the governor later refused to make repayments for the looting of the caravan and handing over the perpetrators. Genghis Khan then sent again a second group of three ambassadors (two Mongols and a Muslim) to meet the Shah himself instead of the governor Inalchuq. The Shah had all the men shaved and the Muslim beheaded and sent his head back with the two remaining ambassadors. This was seen as an affront and insult to Genghis Khan. Outraged Genghis Khan planned one of his largest invasion campaigns by organizing together around 200,000 soldiers (20 tumens), his most capable generals and some of his sons. He left a commander and number of troops in China, designated his successors to be his family members and likely appointed Ogedei to be his immediate successor and then went out to Khwarezmia.

The Mongol army under Genghis Khan, generals and his sons crossed the Tien Shan mountains by entering the area controlled by the Khwarezmian Empire. After compiling intelligence from many sources Genghis Khan carefully prepared his army, which was divided into three groups. His son Jochi led the first division into the northeast of Khwarezmia. The second division under Jebe marched secretly to the southeast part of Khwarzemia to form, with the first division, a pincer attack on Samarkand. The third division under Genghis Khan and Tolui marched to the northwest and attacked Khwarzemia from that direction.

The Shah's army was split by diverse internal disquisitions and by the Shah's decision to divide his army into small groups concentrated in various cities. This fragmentation was decisive in Khwarezmia's defeats, as it allowed the Mongols, although exhausted from the long journey, to immediately set about defeating small fractions of the Khwarzemi forces instead of facing a unified defense. The Mongol army quickly seized the town of Otrar, relying on superior strategy and tactics. Genghis Khan ordered the wholesale massacre of many of the civilians, enslaved the rest of the population and executed Inalchuq by pouring molten silver into his ears and eyes, as retribution for his actions. Near the end of the battle the Shah fled rather than surrender. Genghis Khan charged Subutai and Jebe with hunting him down, giving them two years and 20,000 men. The Shah died under mysterious circumstances on a small island within his empire.

The Mongols' conquest, even by their own standards, was brutal. After the capital Samarkand fell, the capital was moved to Bukhara by the remaining men, and Genghis Khan dedicated two of his generals and their forces to completely destroying the remnants of the Khwarezmid Empire, including not only royal buildings, but entire towns, populations and even vast swaths of farmland. According to stories, Genghis Khan even went so far as to divert a river through the Khwarezmid emperor's birthplace, erasing it from the map.

The Mongols attacked Samarkand using prisoners as body shields. After several days only a few remaining soldiers, die-hard supporters of the Shah, held out in the citadel. After the fortress fell, Genghis supposedly reneged on his surrender terms and executed every soldier that had taken arms against him at Samarkand. The people of Samarkand were ordered to evacuate and assemble in a plain outside the city, where they were killed and pyramids of severed heads raised as a symbol of victory.

The city of Bukhara was not heavily fortified, with a moat and a single wall, and the citadel typical of Khwarezmi cities. The city leaders opened the gates to the Mongols, though a unit of Turkish defenders held the city's citadel for another twelve days. Survivors from the citadel were executed, artisans and craftsmen were sent back to Mongolia, young men who had not fought were drafted into the Mongolian army and the rest of the population was sent into slavery. As the Mongol soldiers looted the city, a fire broke out, razing most of the city to the ground. Genghis Khan had the city's surviving population assemble in the main mosque of the town, where he declared that he was the flail of God, sent to punish them for their sins.

Meanwhile, the wealthy trading city of Urgench was still in the hands of Khwarezmian forces. The assault on Urgench proved to be the most difficult battle of the Mongol invasion and the city fell only after the defenders put up a stout defense, fighting block for block. Mongolian casualties were higher than normal, due to the unaccustomed difficulty of adapting Mongolian tactics to city fighting.

As usual, the artisans were sent back to Mongolia, young women and children were given to the Mongol soldiers as slaves, and the rest of the population was massacred. The Persian scholar Juvayni states that 50,000 Mongol soldiers were given the task of executing twenty-four Urgench citizens each, which would mean that 1.2 million people were killed. While this is almost certainly an exaggeration, the sacking of Urgench is considered one of the bloodiest massacres in human history.

the ninjak
Vlad Tepes!

Bicnarok

chipper7777
Jesus Christ. Gotta admit the man was badass for what he did. borderline insane if you ask me. but hey, look at the world now. 2.1 billion Christians in the world (about one third of the total population of the planet). The Father would have been proud

BruceLeesGhost
Ugg from prehistoric Kurdistan.... He raped bears unarmed at the end of the last ice age.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by chipper7777
Jesus Christ. Gotta admit the man was badass for what he did. borderline insane if you ask me. but hey, look at the world now. 2.1 billion Christians in the world (about one third of the total population of the planet). The Father would have been proud
The founder of the cult of Atheism is/was also a badass leader.

BruceLeesGhost

Tell me about this 'cult of atheism' *shifty*

alltoomany
The Govnernments

chipper7777

who is he?

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by chipper7777
who is he?
I dunno.

But whoever he/she was, he sure did a good job of 'spreading' his/her ideologies and 'converting' religious people to atheists.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>