What's So Bad About Hudlin? Really?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
I haven't heard so much directed hate towards a writer since Jeph Loeb and Chuck Austen.

I don't read any of his work. I know he writes Black Panther and apparently he pissed off alot of people with something in that book. Also I've heard that he's racist or something.

So what's so bad about him?

Accel
It's really how he messes with characterization and continuity. There's also a little bit of cockstroking towards Black Panther and Wakanda. The latest BP is a good example when Falcon sees T'Challa is part of the resistance and states that Reed and Tony should just give up now.

TricksterPriest
For the poison pen writing of Doom as a racist ALONE, he should get axed. That, and claiming Storm was omega level. laughing

Draco69
Doom is racist. I thought he was just Richards-ist....?

Draco69
Originally posted by Accel
It's really how he messes with characterization and continuity. There's also a little bit of cockstroking towards Black Panther and Wakanda. The latest BP is a good example when Falcon sees T'Challa is part of the resistance and states that Reed and Tony should just give up now.

Apparently Storm is gonna fight Clor right?

So he's basically like Jeph Loeb is to Superman, right?

Darth Vicious
Whenever I read Black panther is like watching BET or a movie made by a black director in which 95% of the cast is black. Same with BP, about 95% of the characters in the book including cameos, supporting cast and every other character in the book is either black or has black in their name. I got nothing against black people but Hudlin seems to just go for the black characters, I would like to see more ethnic diversity in his title. You dig!

Disappear
he doesn't understand the characters he writes. t'challa wins his fights and is better than everyone just because he's t'challa. there's none of the cunning or guile of priest's writing, and certainly none of the same feel to t'challa's speech or actions or anything. in each issue i've read, every white character is overtly racist and/or completely ignorant, whereas he'll siphon in characters he doesn't understand or know about simply because they're black. and don't get me started on how he's ****ed up storm.

i'm not against the idea of a strong black lead character, or the issues of racism and ignorance, being at the forefront of a comic. he's just ruining a very respectable and interesting character to do it, and it's just a ****ing shame.

Draco69
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Whenever I read Black panther is like watching BET or a movie made by a black director in which 95% of the cast is black. Same with BP, about 95% of the characters in the book including cameos, supporting cast and every other character in the book is either black or has black in their name. I got nothing against black people but Hudlin seems to just go for the black characters, I would like to see more ethnic diversity in his title. You dig!

I guess. But doesn't it take place in Wakanda, Africa. Isn't the majority of the population black, anyway?

Draco69
Originally posted by Disappear
he doesn't understand the characters he writes. t'challa wins his fights and is better than everyone just because he's t'challa. there's none of the cunning or guile of priest's writing, and certainly none of the same feel to t'challa's speech or actions or anything. in each issue i've read, every white character is overtly racist and/or completely ignorant, whereas he'll siphon in characters he doesn't understand or know about simply because they're black. and don't get me started on how he's ****ed up storm.

i'm not against the idea of a strong black lead character, or the issues of racism and ignorance, being at the forefront of a comic. he's just ruining a very respectable and interesting character to do it, and it's just a ****ing shame.

Ah. So he's "Y'all is racist, crackahs!" Black Panther now? And all the white people are stupid whenever he's in his presence?

How did he f**k up Storm by the way? Besides making her married and all?

King_Mungi
Apparently Wakanda had the cure for cancer, but BP refuses to give it to the rest of the world.

Draco69
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Apparently Wakanda had the cure for cancer, but BP refuses to give it to the rest of the world.

What the f**k?

WHY?!

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Draco69
What the f**k?

WHY?!

I forget the full reason, just they weren't playing fair or something like that.

xmarksthespot
What the f**k?

WHY?! It was a throw away line to show how clever Wakanda and BP are compared to everyone else; even though it went against continuity (iirc BP was among those who said a cure for cancer was beyond them during Mar-Vell's death) and just made BP seem like an ass in general. There are a lot of those.

Draco69
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
It was a throw away line to show how clever Wakanda and BP are compared to everyone else; even though it went against continuity and just made BP seem like an ass in general. There are a lot of those.

Yeah. But why?! Doesn't Black Panther care about all the dying people across the world?

He's just withholding it to spite the rest of the world and be arrogant about it?

What the f**k?

What If...
I've also noticed he draws white men very pig like.

xmarksthespot
Yeah. But why?! Doesn't Black Panther care about all the dying people across the world?

He's just withholding it to spite the rest of the world and be arrogant about it?

What the f**k? Yes. Rather than show BP has cunning and guile and intelligence through good writing, Hudlin builds up BP by bringing down his opponents and constantly puts in little throw away things like the cancer thing to make us think BP is very very clever.

On his honeymoon with Storm for some reason BP is reading an advanced physics text book on the beach. no expression

Disappear
the U.S. government, as seen in black panther, is full of racists who seem to only hate t'challa and wakanda for being black and better than them. doom made overtly racist comments about t'challa and africans in general, in front of t'challa and storm no less. captain america, a character with whom t'challa shares a brother's bond, blindly attacked BP. he said something along the lines of "anyone can wear the suit," blah blah blah. namor wouldnt stop gushing over t'challa, urging him to lead a multi-national front against the registration act, despite being portrayed in the main civil war title as not giving a shit. i could go on...

storm went from staunchly independent pseudo-feminist hypocrite to blushing bride in one issue. flat. she, literally, will not get off t'challa's cock. "my husband" this and "i'm a queen" that. goddamn. you just have to read it to get it, i guess.

King_Mungi

What the f**k?

That's what I got out of it.

Draco69
the U.S. government, as seen in black panther, is full of racists who seem to only hate t'challa and wakanda for being black and better than them. doom made overtly racist comments about t'challa and africans in general, in front of t'challa and storm no less. captain america, a character with whom t'challa shares a brother's bond, blindly attacked BP. he said something along the lines of "anyone can wear the suit," blah blah blah. namor wouldnt stop gushing over t'challa, urging him to lead a multi-national front against the registration act, despite being portrayed in the main civil war title as not giving a shit. i could go on...

storm went from staunchly independent pseudo-feminist hypocrite to blushing bride in one issue. flat. she, literally, will not get off t'challa's cock. "my husband" this and "i'm a queen" that. goddamn. you just have to read it to get it, i guess.

Jesus. Hudlin deserves every bit of hate he gets. Everything here sounds just so wrong.

Captain America, a racist?

mad

Hopefully, this is all gets retconned by the Watcher or something....

Newjak
Apparently Storm is gonna fight Clor right?

So he's basically like Jeph Loeb is to Superman, right? Really ten bucks says Hudlin makes Clor a racist and that was why he killed Goliath.

Storm will win because she has the power and voice of the people.

Accel
Some one on another board once pointed out that all of the writing in Black Panther could be summed up on this one page...

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/4558/ororodressxq5.jpg

...where the designers of Storm's dress went painstaking research to make the perfect African-style dress for her and Hudlin can't even take the time to come up with a real German word for Nightcrawler.

Draco69
Isn't that why BP joined the Resistance? That's the impression I got in CW #6.

He joined because Goliath was killed and he's now enacting vengenence for a "brotha"?

Newjak
Isn't that why BP joined the Resistance? That's the impression I got in CW #6.

He joined because Goliath was killed and he's now enacting vengenence for a "brotha"? I mean it's gonna be more of the fact Clor didn't hold back because Goliath was black. Basically Clor will be racist and there will probably be some ode to Him being like a plantation overseer. Tony of course will somehow be likened to a slave master

xmarksthespot
Some one on another board once pointed out that all of the writing in Black Panther could be summed up on this one page...
...where the designers of Storm's dress went painstaking research to make the perfect African-style dress for her and Hudlin can't even take the time to come up with a real German word for Nightcrawler. According to free online translation the only thing "lieberstesh" translates to is "rather stesh."

Beta Ray Howard
Hudlin's essentially a overhyped fanfiction writer, Draco. He doesn't know much about comics aside from Black Panther is black.

He's a disgrace. He even dissed Priest, the previous writer, when Priest himself never said anything about Hudlin's Panther run. (In my opinion, Priest's run was amazing.)

Newjak
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
Hudlin's essentially a overhyped fanfiction writer, Draco. He doesn't know much about comics aside from Black Panther is black.

He's a disgrace. He even dissed Priest, the previous writer, when Priest himself never said anything about Hudlin's Panther run. (In my opinion, Priest's run was amazing.) What did he say about Priest's run?
link maybe

I also heard he argued with fans on forums before?

Draco69

He's a disgrace. He even dissed Priest, the previous writer, when Priest himself never said anything about Hudlin's Panther run. (In my opinion, Priest's run was amazing.)

I just researched him. He's the flippin' president of BET and he directed House Party?

Why the hell would Marvel hire his ass???

Symmetric Chaos

...where the designers of Storm's dress went painstaking research to make the perfect African-style dress for her and Hudlin can't even take the time to come up with a real German word for Nightcrawler.

I checked a few sites the word seems to mean something along the line of sheech.

Accel
Heh, there's also this piece of work.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/?column=13

Beta Ray Howard
I just researched him. He's the flippin' president of BET and he directed House Party?

If they didn't, they're racist. He's beyond retarded.

Also, Accel you forgot the Russian Radioactive Man and him messing up Klaw as well.

Black Adam

he's Hollywood even if not that much. Same reason they hired the guy that made Underworld to write the New Warriors book coming up.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Black Adam
he's Hollywood even if not that much. Same reason they hired the guy that made Underworld to write the New Warriors book coming up. seriously??? eek!

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I checked a few sites the word seems to mean something along the line of sheech. "As for the wedding ceremony can please someone explain to me the meaning of the word "Lieberstesh" that Nightcrawler uses when he sees Storm's wedding dress? In the 39 years I'm now living in Germany I have never heard the word before."
http://talesfromthekryptonian.blogspot.com/2006/08/two-for-price-of-one.html

I'm pretty sure it's not an actual word... ermm

NiņoAraņa
"As for the wedding ceremony can please someone explain to me the meaning of the word "Lieberstesh" that Nightcrawler uses when he sees Storm's wedding dress? In the 39 years I'm now living in Germany I have never heard the word before."
http://talesfromthekryptonian.blogspot.com/2006/08/two-for-price-of-one.html

I'm pretty sure it's not an actual word... ermm it means bull****ermm

xmarksthespot

Draco69
What did Dr. Doom give Black Panther and Storm as a wedding present, by the way?

A burning crucifix?

TricksterPriest
I think his present was a bomb or something along those lines. For some reason, I think it may have been a doombot.

H. S. 6
On his honeymoon with Storm for some reason BP is reading an advanced physics text book on the beach. no expression

laughing

That's great (in a terrible-writing sort of way).

Evil_Ash

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by H. S. 6
laughing

That's great (in a terrible-writing sort of way). What's worse is that physics is spelled "pyshics."

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/1973/bullbeepcq7.png dammit...make that appear, it was probably funny.....

Symmetric Chaos
http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/1973/bullbeepcq7.png

darn still doesn't work

H. S. 6
What's worse is that physics is spelled "pyshics."

laughing

You're kidding... laughing out loud

Disappear
my buddy and i have been talking hudlin for the last twenty minutes, and we came up with various character names this is in the spirit of cage's "black avengers" idea.

black black widow
black silver surfer
black scarlet witch
black thing
invisible black woman
black power man
black black mamba
big black bertha
big-lipped beast
strong black guy, and
black rage

Evil_Ash
How about now?
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/bullbeep.png

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by H. S. 6
laughing

You're kidding... laughing out loud Sadly I'm not.
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9927/img003aq7.th.jpg
I don't know whether I consider it an artist error, a writer error or an editor error. Regardless it just looks silly.

H. S. 6
Sadly I'm not.
I don't know whether I consider it an artist error, a writer error or an editor error. Regardless it just looks silly.

That's incredible. laughing out loud

NiņoAraņa
my buddy and i have been talking hudlin for the last twenty minutes, and we came up with various character names this is in the spirit of cage's "black avengers" idea.

black thing
invisible black woman
black power man
big black bertha
big-lipped beast
strong black guy, and
black rage these kinda make sense so they are funnyer laughing

Symmetric Chaos

laughing laughing laughing

It must have been intentional.

manjaro
not a damn thing is wrong with hudlin, he only made one mistake of slightly revising BP origin when it wasnt really necessary...and the fact that BP developed such a proactive personality over night..thats pretty much it. also you could throw in the way that on his diplomatic tour he has been getting into fights with everybody, and storm keeps running her mouth up to prove to everyone that she's not just some hair head trophy wife...

but still i think he's a fine writer...i dont give a f **** what any body says, black panther is a black guy who is monarch of his own f ****ing country so what if some of his decisions, and cuases he chooses to take up are a little afro centric...so i think ppl should just lay off the man sure hudlin could tone down on making white men in high power looking so evil and diabolical, but i think that other than the few hiccups from when he just started penning BP, his run has been awesome since then

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by manjaro
and storm keeps running her mouth up to prove to everyone that she's not just some hair head trophy wife... She is a trophy wife. The magic 8-ball says "All signs point to utterly contrived." no expression

outavodka

black thing
laughing thas juz horrible>lol btw im black yet the BP series itself contines to make me laugh more than anything... trust me the interogation scene with Photon looked like he was gona screw here after light chat/ The constant cockstrocking/evil white men>what is this cowboys&indians talk lol/BP putting a already injured Cap down>bullshit</i can go on but if anything go watch the movie pootey tang> it also has a black super hero doing rediculous things, evil white men and such. Thats what BP reminds me of.

srankmissingnin
I just don't think race should be the main motivating factor of any character especially in this day and age. Black Panther is black, I get it, but why is his race being treated like it is the most important thing about his character? It seems counter productive race relationships.

Why does Black Panther have to be a totted as "black hero" why can't he just be a hero? Who needs race labels anyway.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I just don't think race should be the main motivating factor of any character especially in this day and age. Black Panther is black, I get it, but why is his race being treated like it is the most important thing about his character? It seems counter productive race relationships.

Why does Black Panther have to be a totted as "black hero" why can't he just be a hero? Who needs race labels anyway. Because the writer is the President of Entertainment at BET and a no talent hack. Director of such illustrious films as House Party.

I don't particularly see anything wrong with the issue of race being addressed in comics; but if it's going to be done it should be done well and done intelligently, not in a hamfisted simplistic manner.

Add to that the numerous plot holes, lack of consistency and regard to continuity, throw away lines, and downwriting of other characters and so on and so forth.

srankmissingnin
Race is pretty much a non issue these days. It's just beating a dead horse now... one that has been dead for going on 20 years.

xmarksthespot
laughing out loud I just finished reading Darkcrawler's thread that was posted earlier.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/42/reasonsbw5.th.jpg

grey fox
Hudlin's essentially a over hyped fanfiction writer, Draco. He doesn't know much about comics aside from Black Panther is black.

Hmmmm

Ok , lets compare, considering I'm a fanfic writer (not over hyped on the other hand)

My stuff

versus his writing , whats better ?

*NOTE* : I can freely admit their may be the odd punctuation/spelling error , though if it was an official (published) piece of work I'd have some desk-jockey proofread it a couple-o-hundred times.

willRules
Draco if you go to the civil war scans thread, there are several BP issues buried in there which will show you exactly what's going on yes

I agree yes

ExodusCloak
Sadly I'm not.

I just noticed it now....is it just me or does Storms Hellfire Club comment make no sense....since when are they second rate peons who attack on a regular basis? Besides they usually are subtle with their "Business dealings"...so why was Storm expecting some sort of raid? IIRC they have supposedly "turned" over a new leaf when it comes to that kind of stuff.

Wonder how he'd portray Magneto?
I'm just glad Hudlin didn't do any major damage to Emma Frosts character.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
I just noticed it now....is it just me or does Storms Hellfire Club comment make no sense....since when are they second rate peons who attack on a regular basis? Besides they usually are subtle with their "Business dealings"...so why was Storm expecting some sort of raid? IIRC they have supposedly "turned" over a new leaf when it comes to that kind of stuff.

Wonder how he'd portray Magneto?
I'm just glad Hudlin didn't do any major damage to Emma Frosts character. Huh, true now that I think about it. Roberto da Costa i.e. Sunspot i.e. former New Mutant is currently Lord Imperial of the Hellfire Club. Although not that surprising considering the botched continuity during the Wild Kingdom crossover, and in general, covered here: http://www.thexaxis.com/misc/blackpanther8.htm

I'm sure he'd make Magneto invade Wakanda, pull up a heap of metal and form it into a big cross. Then have Pyro set it on fire.

Darth Vicious
I guess. But doesn't it take place in Wakanda, Africa. Isn't the majority of the population black, anyway?

If it is in Wakanda I understand but the last couple of issues take place in the states and yet nothing has changed.

This sure explains a lot! I wonder how long until BP takes off his mask to reveal a 2 feet flat top!

Jyppe

I'm sure he'd make Magneto invade Wakanda, pull up a heap of metal and form it into a big cross. Then have Pyro set it on fire.

.... And then have BP one shot him and say something like "Hah, once a nazi always a nazi!" (I'm well aware that Magneto isn't part of the nazis and is in a matter of fact a Jew, but I'm sure Hudlin doesn't know that)

Accel
laughing out loud I just finished reading Darkcrawler's thread that was posted earlier.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/42/reasonsbw5.th.jpg
I just now saw that I somehow deleted that link in my first post. I must have done something wrong when I edited it, but here it is again.

http://herochat.com/forum/index.php/topic,127072.0.html

inamilist

I don't particularly see anything wrong with the issue of race being addressed in comics; but if it's going to be done it should be done well and done intelligently, not in a hamfisted simplistic manner.

Thats what bugs me the most about Hudlin. Clearly, he feels that he needs to make a racially compelling book, but at the same time is making it no more complex than political bumperstickers.

It could be a much more intelligent work without even changing its philosophy. There are real issues of race that do affect people daily. Why not tackle these issues with the character, rather then trying to paint already established characters as 2 dimensional racial stereotypes?

stick out tongue

Adventures into Fear 12, written in 72:

http://img316.imageshack.us/img316/9048/01wk7.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6545/02ys3.jpg
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/9592/03ls0.jpg
http://img316.imageshack.us/img316/4583/04at2.jpg

xmarksthespot
Edit: Oh wait, you're just shamelessly promoting Man Thing. That's okay.
Originally posted by Jyppe
.... And then have BP one shot him and say something like "Hah, once a nazi always a nazi!" (I'm well aware that Magneto isn't part of the nazis and is in a matter of fact a Jew, but I'm sure Hudlin doesn't know that) Probably. Then a month later, he'll be told that Pyro has been dead for half a decade and that Magneto is actually a Jewish Holocaust survivor. To which he'll respond with something like "That was a different Magneto and Pyro. They were new characters with the same name." and not butchered botched established characters.

roughrider

It's been trendy for years now, for people from Movies/TV/Novels to take stints in comics. It's a hot thing, with all the comic movies coming out I suppose.
The best thing you can say is, his name brings in more readers. But maybe John Singleton or Spike Lee should take over from him when he's done, and put some things back right.

inamilist
Edit: Oh wait, you're just shamelessly promoting Man Thing. That's okay.

ouch

at least I thought I was making a point stick out tongue

TricksterPriest
I think you were. That was excellent writing. Some of the best on the subject I've seen. Was Man-thing originally a character who was put into racially charged situations? Or did someone just come up with the idea?

inamilist
LOL, I guess to be honest, it was more of a shameless promotion of Steve Gerber, who wrote the first run of Man-Thing. It normally was a more fantasy based book, but Gerber was able to tie interesting social commentary into the book frequently.

Later issues talk about Vietnam and similar societal issues, and normally he is, if not evenhanded, very provocative. Like, nothing he said in that above scene was revolutionary with regards to race, but at least it is complicated enough that it gives you something to consider.

Blah, ya, anyways

booo Hudlin! *tries to hide in the angry mob*

NiņoAraņa
weird...where did all the Hudlin supporters go?

Beta Ray Howard
Back to his forum where they can call us all racists.

Newjak
Hmm could I get a link to this site of Hudlins

batdude123
http://www.hudlinentertainment.com/

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Grimm22
not a damn thing is wrong with hudlin, he only made one mistake of slightly revising BP origin when it wasnt really necessary...and the fact that BP developed such a proactive personality over night..thats pretty much it. also you could throw in the way that on his diplomatic tour he has been getting into fights with everybody, and storm keeps running her mouth up to prove to everyone that she's not just some hair head trophy wife...

but still i think he's a fine writer...i dont give a f **** what any body says, black panther is a black guy who is monarch of his own f ****ing country so what if some of his decisions, and cuases he chooses to take up are a little afro centric...so i think ppl should just lay off the man sure hudlin could tone down on making white men in high power looking so evil and diabolical, but i think that other than the few hiccups from when he just started penning BP, his run has been awesome since then

I have at least more than 100 comics with Dr. Doom in them and not once, not once, has Doom been racist.

So then suddenly some dumbass who knows nothing about the character walks in and decides to retcon the best villain EVER, just so that he can think of him more as a villain, despite it being completely against the character and common sense in general no expression

That and the fact that Hudlin is clearly, not only a very poor writer, but also a racist.

You sir let you're own ignorant opinion blind you of the truth

AcousticDoc
Originally posted by Grimm22

That and the fact that Hudlin is clearly, not only a very poor writer, but also a racist.

Is prejudice against white people considered racist?

Beta Ray Howard
Yes.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
Is prejudice against white people considered racist?

In our legal/moral system only rarely. In a sane world yes.

grey fox

That and the fact that Hudlin is clearly, a very poor writer

Originally posted by grey fox
Hmmmm

Ok , lets compare,

My stuff

My writing versus his writing , whats better ?

*NOTE* : I can freely admit their may be the odd punctuation/spelling error , though if it was an official (published) piece of work I'd have some desk-jockey proofread it a couple-o-hundred times.

Shameless self promotion away !

Grimm22
Originally posted by inamilist

Adventures into Fear 12, written in 72:

http://img316.imageshack.us/img316/9048/01wk7.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6545/02ys3.jpg
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/9592/03ls0.jpg
http://img316.imageshack.us/img316/4583/04at2.jpg

Why does Black Panther have a book right now and Man-Thing doesn't? confused

Awesome scans wink

inamilist
Originally posted by batdude123
http://www.hudlinentertainment.com/

roll eyes (sarcastic)

wow... It's like our Bizzaro world...

EDIT: WTF, he made 'the great white hype'??? man, he gets a little respect from me for that...

Why does Black Panther have a book right now and Man-Thing doesn't? confused

I ask myself this at least twice a day...

He gets to star in a one-shot coming in march at the very least

Grimm22
Just read the latest BP issue in the Scans thread, and all I can say is...WTF?!?

How can Hudlin say that Tigra has never met T'Challa?!? For Christ's sake they were both avengers!?!?

That and notice, besides Sue the only heroes who talked to T'Challa were black...big surprise there eh roll eyes (sarcastic)

Along with more racist crap and some of the worst dialogue I've ever read ("I could have crushed you're head like a grapenut"?!?), this book gets worse and worse with every issue

grey fox
Just read the latest BP issue in the Scans thread, and all I can say is...WTF?!?

How can Hudlin say that Tigra has never met T'Chlla?!? For christ's sake they were both avengers!?!?

That and notice, besides Sue the only hereos who talked to T'Challa were black...big suprise there eh roll eyes (sarcastic)

Along with more racist crap and some of the worst dialouge i've ever read ("I could have crushed you're head like a grapenut"?!?), this book gets worse and worse with every issue

Grapenut ?

Grape-fruit I could understand...but Grape-nut ? WTF !

Symmetric Chaos
"I could have crushed you're head like a grapenut"

Quite seriously I have met retarded people that could write a better analogy than that.

ExodusCloak
Anyone see this yet?

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/wizard/003180036.cfm

Going cosmic in a big way? What next Storm and Tchalla...make Galactus bow?

Just for the record...it looks like Storms going to get her ass handed to her....T'challa will save the day with his "Motherbox" equivalent.

It may be a lot of crap writing...but if/when Storm is annihilated at least we can say there's still hope for himm after all...I guess...

inamilist
Anyone see this yet?

Going cosmic in a big way? What next Storm and Tchalla...make Galactus bow?

Just for the record...it looks like Storms going to get her ass handed to her....T'challa will save the day with his "Motherbox" equivalent.

There's hope after all...I guess...

wow, that wouldn't be too bad then... other than the "motherbox equivalent" (I think priest introduced it anyways).

The cosmic thing might even work out. It would be harder for Hudlin to make all the blatant racial stereotypes for cosmic characters...

I really can't see Surfer or Drax being overly concerned with the colour of BP's skin...

ExodusCloak
wow, that wouldn't be too bad then... other than the "motherbox equivalent" (I think priest introduced it anyways).

The cosmic thing might even work out. It would be harder for Hudlin to make all the blatant racial stereotypes for cosmic characters...

I really can't see Surfer or Drax being overly concerned with the colour of BP's skin...

I guess, but then there's still the whole issue of him one-shotting cosmics...and Wakanda having greator technology then the Shiar Empire.

Plus I have this...awful feeling that they'll be an Emma/Storm confrontation later on in his series.
How long does he intend to stay at Marvel for anyway?(If it happens it should happen in the New X-Men book)

inamilist
I guess, but then there's still the whole issue of him one-shotting cosmics...and Wakanda having greator technology then the imperial guard....

lol, well, yes, there is still that...

baby steps?

Symmetric Chaos

No it wouldn't.

ExodusCloak
lol, well, yes, there is still that...

baby steps?

Pretty much...if it's any consolation I believe that Marvel have set limits on his "creativity". For example the "Possible Omega Mutant" comment. Therefore he can only go so far...

inamilist
Pretty much...if it's any consolation I believe that Marvel have set limits on his "creativity". For example the "Possible Omega Mutant" comment. Therefore he can only go so far...

hopefully

I'm sure they have had to do something. There has been a pretty strong reaction against his writing, at least on this forum. If that represents the normal readership even remotely it cannot be positive for the company. Any clue what BPs sales are like right now?

Anyways, as far as I am concerned, Marvel should have dropped him the minute he started bashing other writers on the internet. Some integrity should be mandatory for his position, imho.

ExodusCloak
True...

Anyone have a better site to get a list of comic book sales?

All I can find is this...and I find it very hard to believe that BP sales just doubled when there has been such a negative backlash towards his writing and the manner in which he carries himself. Can controversy really sell a product? erm

March 2006
http://www.newsarama.com/marketreport/mar06charts.html

April 2006
http://www.newsarama.com/marketreport/apr06charts.html

December 2006
http://www.newsarama.com/marketreport/dec06charts.html

inamilist
Wow... thats a huge jump for Dec...

I think that probably would have been a Civil War tie in, but even 28000 people is a lot... In April it was ahead of Nextwave, Spawn and Cable/Deadpool...

Thats messed up...

SpunkySmurph

Don't kid yourself.

We all know that Galactus only eats the planets that have black guys on it.

roughrider
Anyone see this yet?

Hudlin sounds reasonable and intelligent in the interview. So why does he make a hash of things when the time comes to dialogue those pages? confused

Draco69
Originally posted by roughrider
Hudlin sounds reasonable and intelligent in the interview. So why does he make a hash of things when the time comes to dialogue those pages? confused

Oh please. I refuse to believe the man behind BET wrote those things. He probably had a ghost-writer...

stick out tongue

ExodusCloak
Here's another point I'd like to highlight...can someone please explain the goal he's trying to achieve with all the racial undertones and in some cases overtones precident in the series?
As many of you said before racism is an issue that should be addressed in comics...but it should be done in a tasteful manner. The impression I get from his writing is that he is trying to fuel it rather then reach the inevitable conclusion that a person shouldn't be judged by the colour of their skin, race, genetic make-up etc...

That or we go with Draco's suggestion about the Ghost Writer...

But in all honesty I think the word reasonable only applies to this interview...he has made some outrageous comments concerning other writers in his previous interviews. And his sock account fiasco...doesn't help his case in the slightest.

Clor just destroyed the Wakandan Embassay...? Just noticed that now. Tony, She-Hulk and Black Panther standing together and look shocked. Clor gone rogue possibly?

roughrider
Oh please. I refuse to believe the man behind BET wrote those things. He probably had a ghost-writer...

stick out tongue

Actually, he only recently became president of BET. Before that, he's satirized their programming through shows like 'The Boondocks', which makes fun of many aspects of African-American culture.
Does this mean his sensibilities have undergone a flip-flop, since he started writing BP?

Symmetric Chaos
Actually, he only recently became president of BET. Before that, he's satirized their programming through shows like 'The Boondocks', which makes fun of many aspects of African-American culture.

Did he write for TheBoondocks?

roughrider
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Did he write for TheBoondocks?

He was the head producer, working closely with creator Aaron McGruder from the first attempted pilot for Fox, to the eventual series on Cartoon Network. The content and language was always the big challenge.
Everytime BET is on in the Freeman's house, it's gyrating booties with hip-hop like 'Thuggin' love' and the like; never anything else. laughing out loud

Blair Wind
One of my friends love Boondocks....and while I myself dont watch it, its not a bad show. So either he did something right once, or he wasnt all that into the project (its more about blacks making fun of blacks) laughing out loud

xmarksthespot
True...

Anyone have a better site to get a list of comic book sales?

All I can find is this...and I find it very hard to believe that BP sales just doubled when there has been such a negative backlash towards his writing and the manner in which he carries himself. Can controversy really sell a product? erm Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I'm probably exaggerating a tad, I'm not sure what's considered cancellation territory these days; under 20k maybe? Emma Frost had mid-20s sales and was cancelled. Mystique had low 20s.

It's difficult to discern a trend due to the boosts every few months from one event or another. The book dropped from 50k to 35k in the first arc, then had a boost for 3 issues from HoM and the X-Men crossover. The next arc continued a downward trend from 32k at issue #10 to 26k at issue #13. Then the build-up to the Storm/BP wedding started in the Bride of Panther arc, which seemed to give it a slight boost again, and a major boost at issue #18 (70k) with the Wedding/CW tie-in. But next few non CW issues were back in the mid 20s again. I don't think the book would have fared nearly as well as it has (which isn't particularly fantastic) without all the events and crossovers.

Disappear
this is a relatively new medium for hudlin, so it's hardly accurate to give a real rating of his ability or viewpoints based solely on this. he writes a shitty black panther, with poorly thought-out undertones. that much we know. whether or not he's trying to make a statement or that reflects who he is, we don't know. sure as shit seems like it, though...

i can tell you he didn't come up with jack shit for the boondocks, though, considering it was an ongoing comic strip long before it was a cartoon.

BlueDMighty
So far, the bigest compliant that i've heard is his characterization of white people. Being a "Unicorn" myself (a black guy who reads comics) i gotta say that it's refreshing to see someone tell the story from my point of view, as opposed to the overwhelming majority.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by BlueDMighty
Being a "Unicorn" myself (a black guy who reads comics)

WTF?!?!

Superherovandal
So far, the bigest compliant that i've heard is his characterization of white people. Being a "Unicorn" myself (a black guy who reads comics) i gotta say that it's refreshing to see someone tell the story from my point of view, as opposed to the overwhelming majority.
So ur POV is that all whites are idiots who are threatened of blacks and are completely uneducated as well as hate all blacks in power?
You really need to grow up if thats true.

Mobra
So far, the bigest compliant that i've heard is his characterization of white people. Being a "Unicorn" myself (a black guy who reads comics) i gotta say that it's refreshing to see someone tell the story from my point of view, as opposed to the overwhelming majority. You under-appreciate how much racism and favoritism is packed into his writing.

Besides that, he usually gets characterization TOTALLY wrong, though sometimes on a good day he only screws up most of the characters.

BlueDMighty
A "Unicorn", being a creature of myth and legend can also be used as an adjective to describe something that is not suposed to exist.

ex. Good looking, propotionate white girls with PHAT asses are "unicorns"

ex. Black republicans are "unicorns"

my point is that according to some opinions "Black" kids don't read comics (or at all, depending on who you ask)

being said "Black" kid would make me a "Unicorn"

now to the point.

Yes, it is my POV that White people are generally afriad (threatened/intimadated) by black men. look no further than the MU to see what i mean (people fear what they don't understand. i have personal experience in this particular area.) society puts allot of stress on us to be "Non-Threatening".

in the majority of titles we're cast as Side kicks/ Plot devices/ and smart mouthed "punching bags". We're either written as Angry Black Man, Token Man, or Jive Guy.

So, as you complain about how YOUR people are represented in this ONE book. Consider how a Black kid feels reading ANY OTHER book except this one.

NOT IN ONE BOOK besides Hudlin's Black Panther, can i see black people trying to be heroes at the same time (together). with all the team books between Marvel and DC, the fact that niether has an all black squad is a shame. there are, on the other hand, several all white/light minority squads. when was the last time any of YOU saw 4 black super heroes and 1 white guy on the same team at the same time with thier own book? is there some sort of rule or quota that i don't know about?

What would be so terrible about an all black avengers?
(they don't have to call themselves the "Avengers", i'm just saying)

in my opinion, most of you liked Priest's run because there was someone in the book that you could relate to. who just so happened to be telling the story ( Shakka Zulu comes to mind). The KING, didn't seem as "threatening" to "universal" readers while he was being "tamed" by Ross (?) in comentary. But, now it's all black and the "universal" people have trouble adjusting.

manjaro
i hate to brak it to ppl but comics are not that f ****ing serious, i guess i would be a unicorn too, but i dont get into comics becuase i want to see me represented, good stories, and good artwork usually does it for me... the social commentary thing is lame to me, beucase putting out a comic with an all minority squad would just be doing it just for the sake of....and or just tryiong to keep said minorites off one's back and that i would actually find more insulting than if there werent any blacks at all

roughrider
Mr. Hudlin is like a virus on this forum. We've had as many as four threads going relating to him - then the mods started closing.

I propose a new forum just for him! He can move into that space formerly occupied by the Hulk Forum. evil face stick out tongue

Superherovandal
A "Unicorn", being a creature of myth and legend can also be used as an adjective to describe something that is not suposed to exist.

ex. Good looking, propotionate white girls with PHAT asses are "unicorns"

my point is that according to some opinions "Black" kids don't read comics (or at all, depending on who you ask)

being said "Black" kid would make me a "Unicorn"

now to the point.

Yes, it is my POV that White people are generally afriad (threatened/intimadated) by black men. look no further than the MU to see what i mean (people fear what they don't understand. i have personal experience in this particular area.) society puts allot of stress on us to be "Non-Threatening".

in the majority of titles we're cast as Side kicks/ Plot devices/ and smart mouthed "punching bags". We're either written as Angry Black Man, Token Man, or Jive Guy.

So, as you complain about how YOUR people are represented in this ONE book. Consider how a Black kid feels reading ANY OTHER book except this one.

NOT IN ONE BOOK besides Hudlin's Black Panther, can i see black people trying to be heroes at the same time (together). with all the team books between Marvel and DC, the fact that niether has an all black squad is a shame. there are, on the other hand, several all white/light minority squads. when was the last time any of YOU saw 4 black super heroes and 1 white guy on the same team at the same time with thier own book? is there some sort of rule or quota that i don't know about?

What would be so terrible about an all black avengers?
(they don't have to call themselves the "Avengers", i'm just saying)

in my opinion, most of you liked Priest's run because there was someone in the book that you could relate to. who just so happened to be telling the story ( Shakka Zulu comes to mind). The KING, didn't seem as "threatening" to "universal" readers while he was being "tamed" by Ross (?) in comentary. But, now it's all black and the "universal" people have trouble adjusting.

You do know that not all of us are white people you know. I'm Indian and my people get less represented then you guys. The problem is when writing a comic and you let your personal negative opinion about another ethnicity become one of the central themes of the whole comic.

xmarksthespot
You had the third Thunderbird in X-Men... that's all I can think of.

BlueDMighty
i hate to brak it to ppl but comics are not that f ****ing serious, i guess i would be a unicorn too, but i dont get into comics becuase i want to see me represented, good stories, and good artwork usually does it for me... the social commentary thing is lame to me, beucase putting out a comic with an all minority squad would just be doing it just for the sake of....and or just tryiong to keep said minorites off one's back and that i would actually find more insulting than if there werent any blacks at all

big up the other "Unicorn" in the room

But your assuming that the story and art would be shitty in an all black team book. in my opinion it would be no different than the new "Champions". (No black people on the team, i'm, pretty sure people will check it out, like the story, like the art, and keep supporting it.)

maybe the term "Black Super Hero" is confusing some people. from now on i will reffer to them as heros that happen to be black. i mean look at how they do us:

Steel - one of the only properties to survive DC's "blaxploitation" of the 90's (what ever happened to Static, Hardcase, Icon) also a spitting image of John Henry (all the way down to the hammer) and let's be honest, when it comes to power houses Steel realy dose'nt come to mind. my scale would give him a high to low C; intelligence high C low B

Mister Terrific- Intelligent, yes. however as i understand it Batman and several others are way smarter/craftier. and he has no powers making him a 2nd class Batman. far from mighty my scale gives him a B in intelligence; and a power rating of D

John Stewart - was an architect, prominent member of the GL corps, many times considered field leader of the JLA.
and then, the $#!+ hit the fan. he lost his powers, then got them back (prety standard hero trouble stuff) got his powers back with a MAJOR boost (ok i like that) falls in love (uh-oh, a love intrest for a powerful black character, ok ok i'm feelin you) Crazy @$$ Hal Jordan shows up kills your girl leaves you powerless the end. (wait wtf just happened to my hero?)

Power level A (previously) Power level F (currently)

Cyborg- Very popular DC character, once leader of the Teen Titans.
Cyborg had, arguably, the worst power set on the team. (robin is written like Bats so he's safe) power rating D (Sonic blasters? the most powerful Boom Box ever?)

Patriot - future successor of Captain America (i beleive this statement to be false. simply because of the mystery surrounding MVP and his secret), leader of the Young Avengers (which was cool i admit, but the only fight that HE ever won was while he was under the influence of HGH.) sense he's had the blood transfusion we have'nt seen what he could really do. everyone else on HIS team gets more shine in action sequences and in stories than he does. I love the Patriot character, i would like to see more of him. However after civil war they stopped putting them out. while "Runaways" continues to have issues.
Power level D at best (he did smash Mr. Hyde though)

Black Lightning- dont know a ton about him, but he is a current member of the JLA.

Deathlok- major villain in Marvel, former Marine. power level C (previously) Power level F (currently)
He was also USED as a plot device recently as Gravity is now the new "Protector of the universe". Having died using up all of his powers to save "poor" Deathlok and others, Gravity was rewarded for his heroism by the writters.

War Machine - ex soldier, Side Kick, Mechanic, once Iron Man."Rhodey" the sell out. Power level C at best (you can't have the copy be as strong as the original.) I liked War Machine, Baught War Machine, and watched while he was gradually fadded out by the return of Iron Man

Also, did you notice that 4 out of the eight heros that I mentioned are "watered down" copies of "Older" white heroes. in my opinion that makes them side-kicks.

ex. Steel (could be) to Superman as Robin/Night wing is to Batman
They're the little guys next to the BIG guys.

I mentioned "Runaways" earlier. those of you that are fans remember Alex right? While everybody else got to be sons and daughters of Aliens, Sorcerrers (sp), Time travelers, Mutants, genious Inventers, and Ultron. Alex was the Black kid with no powers. His parents were LA GANGSTERS (WOW) not "Super Villans". he was smart (think watered down Peter Parker minus the spider bite) Icould have lived with his character the way he was, i mean, he was black. in a book. leading a team. helping everybody figure out how their powers worked. had a love intrest on the team (uh-oh). Turns out to be the traitor (what?). dies horrible death (WTF) .
ex- teamates $#!+ on his grave every chance they get (d@#$ Alex).
father gets rejuvenated by God like beings who give him no powers and send him back to get F'd up and tied to a tree. suffice it to say, i don't read "Runaways" any more. This is the book they brought back instead of YA (go figure) mad

Holla Bidack

ExodusCloak

I mentioned "Runaways" earlier. those of you that are fans remember Alex right? While everybody else got to be sons and daughters of Aliens, Sorcerrers (sp), Time travelers, Mutants, genious Inventers, and Ultron. Alex was the Black kid with no powers. His parents were LA GANGSTERS (WOW) not "Super Villans". he was smart (think watered down Peter Parker minus the spider bite) Icould have lived with his character the way he was, i mean, he was black. in a book. leading a team. helping everybody figure out how their powers worked. had a love intrest on the team (uh-oh). Turns out to be the traitor (what?). dies horrible death (WTF) .
ex- teamates $#!+ on his grave every chance they get (d@#$ Alex).
father gets rejuvenated by God like beings who give him no powers and send him back to get F'd up and tied to a tree. suffice it to say, i don't read "Runaways" any more. This is the book they brought back instead of YA (go figure) mad

Holla Bidack

You dropped Runaways because of that? no expression Joss's first issue of the new run was awesome.

The New X-Men are pretty diverse.

manjaro
big grin

xmarksthespot
You dropped Runaways because of that? no expression Joss's first issue of the new run was awesome. Mutant girl. Hispanic cyborg. Lesbian alien. Black Skrull hermaphrodite. The goth and fat chick. Yeah that's not varied enough... I need Alex there to sustain me.

ExodusCloak
Mutant girl. Hispanic cyborg. Lesbian alien. Black Skrull hermaphrodite. The goth and fat chick. Yeah that's not varied enough... I need Alex there to sustain me.

Exactly, dropping a comic only because a character who represents a certain minority got killed off is the equivalent to only reading a comic because the protagonist is of that minority regardless of the quality of the comic itself.

I'm not black or white. When I try and relate to a character I don't look at their skin colour. I am represented as an individual because there are characters in the Comic Universe who share aspects of my personality. Just because a character shares your skin colour doesn't mean you can relate to them.

CasanoVa
Anyways, Alex sucked.

Chase is easily the best character in the book, power-less idiot who managed to team-break the Runaways erm very impressive indeed.

xmarksthespot
I'm not black or white. Silly rabbit, there is nothing else.

ExodusCloak
Silly rabbit, there is nothing else.

Does colour even exist? stick out tongue

Newjak
Does colour even exist? stick out tongue Well maybe if your Colorblind it doesn't exist hmm

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Newjak
Well maybe if your Colorblind it doesn't exist hmm

I actually am colour blind. stick out tongue But I was thinking more along the lines that colour is just a side effect that occurs when light energy strikes an object. Depending on the chemical structure of the object, certain wavelengths of light will be reflected back into your eyes giving the illusion that the object is actually that colour. So in actual fact the real colour of everything is actually colourless.

Newjak
I actually am colourblind. stick out tongue But I was thinking more along the lines that colour is just a side effect that occurs when light energy strikes an object. Depending on what the objects chemical structure certain wavelengths of light are reflected back into your eyes which gives the illusion that the object is actually that colour. So in actual fact the real colour of everything is actually colourless. Way to take a nice joke oppurtunity and trash it with science sad

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Newjak
Way to take a nice joke oppurtunity and trash it with science sad

Sorry? sad

Newjak
Sorry? sad I will forgive you someday maybe sad

BlueDMighty
You dropped Runaways because of that? no expression Joss's first issue of the new run was awesome.

The New X-Men are pretty diverse.

Your missing the point on purpose. so one more time for the LD class:

The ONLY kid with a bullshit hook in the story was Alex (the black kid)

LA Gangsters in the middle of evrybody else what the ****? (black people can't be mutants? come from the future? be sorcerrers? come from space?) did you really read the book or just look at the pages?

Again. The ONLY kid with a bullshit hook in the story is Alex (the black kid)

Who ends up being the traitor, dies a terrible death, and gets shitted on whenever his name is brought up.

One more time. The ONLY kid with a bullshit hook in the story, Alex (the black kid/traitor, whose parents were LA Gangsters, and died a terrible death)

Who's father (brought back to life as a younger version by creatures of ,i assume, great power) was granted no extra "gifts" to deal with the problem (kids) and was consequently beaten, and tied to a TREE with CHAINS (let it marinate)

A black, hermaphrodite, SKRULL? Really? 'nuff said

if you can't see my point, then yer an Ass. which is to say, "yer muthafukinright i dropped the book!"

New X-Men? Don't get me started.

Prety diverse?
you must be mistaken. When in my last few posts have you read me mention the word "Diverse"? i love how people use "diversity" as a shield whenever someone brings up the lack of BLACK characters.

i dunno it's just funny to me like: "They 10's..............but i keep'um clean though."

like all of a sudden the term Black/African American can now be applied to a wide range of minorities (NP)

CasanoVa
Alex Wilder was the leader of the Runaways, he was the character Nico fell in love with (Omgz, Chinese-American girl and a Black kid), he was also loyal to his parents.

You can see him as a villain if you want to, I just see him as very misguided, he was too loyal and these loyalties were to the wrong people.

Yet still from the grave he's helping the Runaways, telling Molly to wake the others up so they can stop Chase from sacrificing himself to appease the Gibborim's hunger and bring back Gert.

Not to mention that Runaways is the single most diverse comic book in print right about now.

The only kid with a bullshit story btw? Gert was a fat jewish kid with purple hair, that lost her boyfriend and was brutally murdered by Alex Wilder's father.

Alex got off worse than her? Bullshits, I smell bullshits I say! erm

xmarksthespot
I'm sorry but why is anyone else supposed to care about "the lack of black characters" when the only thing you seem to care about is "the lack of black characters."

Oh and Geoffrey Wilder wasn't brought back to life by the Gibborim, he was brought back to life inadvertantly and from the past by a group of Alex's gamer friends with a spell from the Abstract gone wrong, who had intended to bring him back to life. Why would he be brought back with additional powers? Did you really read the book or just look at a few pages.

ExodusCloak
Your missing the point on purpose. so one more time for the LD class:

The ONLY kid with a bullshit hook in the story was Alex (the black kid)

LA Gangsters in the middle of evrybody else what the ****?

Even though I'd actually disagree as CasanoVa and X kindly pointed out above..Eh...yeah maybe that's the reason why they killed him. Think about it from this perspective, he's special because out of the whole group he had no powers.

Mutants? God knows we need yet another mutant to add to the 16 + million(At the time)
Black Mutants? : Bishop, Storm, Prodigy, Astrid f*cking Bloom(Who happens to be a personal favourite), Shard , Joanna Cargill, Cecilia Reyes, Angel(II), Tag the list goes on.

Sorcerers? Check out Brother Voodoo.

Future: Shard and Bishop.

Again why did the kid with no powers have to be white? Why couldn't he have been black.

So just because he's black he can't play that role?

Being the traitor is practically Gambits job...no double standards...it occured that way because they most probably wanted to fix the mistake of ever creating such a character.

I'm sorry I can't. Your logic is flawed. From what I understand: You dropped the book because they're no human black characters in it. Not a good enough reason.

New X-Men, when I said "Diverse" who said that meant every other minority except black characters? What the heck do you call Prodigy and Nezhno.
They also have green people for crying out loud.

xmarksthespot
Makes you wonder who the hell kept Nightcrawler and Mystique afloat for one and two years respectively then doesn't it? The Blue Man Group must be big comic fans. hmm

No wait I've figured it out. Smurfs. It must've been Smurfs.

ExodusCloak
Makes you wonder who the hell kept Nightcrawler and Mystique afloat for one and two years respectively then doesn't it? The Blue Man Group must be big comic fans. hmm

Then there's Beast, Nocturne, Archangel, Shatter(Morlocks), Dead Girl(X-Statix), U-Go Girl(X-Statix), Apocalypse. Domino, + All the other Blue Characters from Morrisons New X-Men run.

Not a mutant but the Imperial Guard has Gladiator and Orcale.

xmarksthespot
Those Smurfs have a lot of disposable income. Probably because they can use the unnecessary Smurfs as ingredients to make gold.

Grimm22

So Condila Rice and Colin Powell don't exist What the f**k? confused

BlueDMighty
Even though I'd actually disagree as CasanoVa and X kindly pointed out above..Eh...yeah maybe that's the reason why they killed him. Think about it from this perspective, he's special because out of the whole group he had no powers.

Mutants? God knows we need yet another mutant to add to the 16 + million(At the time)
Black Mutants? : Bishop, Storm, Prodigy, Astrid f*cking Bloom(Who happens to be a personal favourite), Shard , Joanna Cargill, Cecilia Reyes, Angel(II), Tag the list goes on.

So just because he's black he can't play that role?

Being the traitor is practically Gambits job...no double standards...it occured that way because they most probably wanted to fix the mistake of ever creating such a character.

I'm sorry I can't. Your logic is flawed. From what I understand: You dropped the book because they're no human black characters in it. Not a good enough reason.

New X-Men, when I said "Diverse" who said that meant every other minority except black characters? What the heck do you call Prodigy and Nezhno.
They also have green people for crying out loud.

i laughed at my desk for a whole 10 minutes.

apparently, you really can't describe color to a man that was born blind (Canibus ref.)

The Guy is A SKRULL. HERMAPHRODITE. (you really can't see my problem with that? REALLY?)

FOOL. When i say black I do not mean "Diverse". I mean BLACK.

Prodigy was cool, i liked the guy. followed the adventures till- he was depowered while the guy that hated on him (Hellion) was given crazy shine and elevated to the top (to recap: black kid looses power, white kid that hated on black kid keeps power, and keeps getting stonger.) you really don't see my problem with that? REALLY? never heard of Nezehno but he or she will be dead soon or worse believe it. "Bling" weak as well as being a sad stereo type. (these character serve as plot fodder nothing more.)

Tag (power sucked) depowered and blown up.

So, we have established, in the MU, that Black people (not not to be confused with "DIVERSE" people) can be these things right?

Then why did Alex's people have to be LA GANGSTERS (with a whole UNIVERSE to pick from the writers couldn't do better?)

Again why did the kid with no powers have to be white? Why couldn't he have been black.

what? Oh, you mean: Again why did the kid with no powers have to be black? Why couldn't he have been white with Mobster/ Shady Politician Parents? YES EXACTLY.

Originally posted by ExodusCloak So just because he's black he can't play that role?

CLOWN. It's BECAUSE he was black that he HAD to play that roll. it was written just for HIM.

i'll wait, while your brain catches up to your ass

and for the record if Alex "Sucked" who's fualt is it if not the writer's
( the white kid with no powers started off with TECH and now has a telepathic Dinsour the writers made that work didn't they)

Soljer
"***** ***** ***** *****, moan...moan? Moan, ***** moan ***** ***** moan ***** moan moan ***** moan ***** moan moan.

***** ***** moan *****? Moan! MOAN! Moan moan moan, *****!

***** moan, ***** moan ***** moan, ***** ***** ***** moan moan ***** moan!

Moan moan ***** ***** moan ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** moan moan moan moan ***** moan ***** ***** moan ***** ***** ***** ***** moan moan moan moan."

xmarksthespot
I think you missed out the part near the end where he bi'tched and moaned.

BlueDMighty
So Condila Rice and Colin Powell don't exist What the f**k? confused

They're not supposed to.

and the people mentioned would probably only be reffered to as "Black" when:

A- being stopped by the Police

B- running for President of the US

C- in conversations when they're "not around"

Soljer

Whoops. My bad.

Juntai
apparently, you really can't describe color to a man that was born blind (Canibus ref.) . Canibus = Illest.

Soljer
Originally posted by Juntai
Canibus = Illest.

But nobody would face it.

BlueDMighty
Originally posted by Soljer
"***** ***** ***** *****, moan...moan? Moan, ***** moan ***** ***** moan ***** moan moan ***** moan ***** moan moan.

***** ***** moan *****? Moan! MOAN! Moan moan moan, *****!

***** moan, ***** moan ***** moan, ***** ***** ***** moan moan ***** moan!

Moan moan ***** ***** moan ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** moan moan moan moan ***** moan ***** ***** moan ***** ***** ***** ***** moan moan moan moan."

appearently the extent of your debating skill (if you've reached your limit take a break, and come back when your right)

xmarksthespot
Got irony?

Juntai
But nobody would face it. He spit until his tongue was too torched to taste.

BlueDMighty

correct me if i'm wrong, but were'nt yall just "Bi'tchin and moanin" over hudlin's portrail of white people?
isn't that what this thread's about, "BI'TCHIN and, you guesed it, MOANIN"

ExodusCloak
FOOL. When i say black I do not mean "Diverse". I mean BLACK.

Prodigy was cool, i liked the guy. followed the adventures till- he was depowered while the guy that hated on him (Hellion) was given crazy shine and elevated to the top (to recap: black kid looses power, white kid that hated on black kid keeps power, and keeps getting stonger.) you really don't see my problem with that? REALLY? never heard of Nezehno but he or she will be dead soon or worse believe it. "Bling" weak as well as being a sad stereo type. (these character serve as plot fodder nothing more.)

Tag (power sucked) depowered and blown up.

I'm just shocked. no expression

Diverse = White, Black, Brown, Blue, Green etc...

Prodigy is still on the team, being depowered doesn't take his intelligence away from him which came in handy during the Nimrod Saga. He's still a pivitol character.

Nezhno? Boy from Wakanda. Show's what you know. Pick up New X-Men #38 next week and see.

Look up the meaning of diverse. We have.

It was the way the story was meant to happen. You want to talk stereotypes look at Hudlins writing. Two words: Arabian Knight.

He could have been but they decided to make him black. What's your point?

Again that role has been played by non-black characters in other stories. What the heck is Gambit?
What you're implying is: "Only white people are capable of doing bad/stupid things".

I think you should take your own advice:

appearently the extent of your debating skill (if you've reached your limit take a break, and come back when your right)

Soljer
Originally posted by Juntai
He spit until his tongue was too torched to taste.

Damn you, now I gotta go load up iTunes, and blast. Gonna get everyone on my wing ALL pissed off...stick out tongue.

It properly funded corporations - carbon-dated his latest creations to extract the information.

They found it utterly amazing, they claimed the body of his work was the same thing as a priceless painting. Never mattered to him, the art galleries hated him cause Thomas Kinkade called, said he would take 10 complete enigmas wrapped in puzzles encrypted in language with sound but without shape or signature.

Kept files in his garage, on MS-DOS in a fire-proof pod, he thought it was odd. Outside there was a shed with an Oppenheimer lock he apparently kept more wax then Madame Tussaud's.

We were in total awe, cause it blew our minds so many rhymes that were intricately designed. He was Poet Laureate of his time and if you don't mind, I'd like to share some of his rhymes....

Soljer
correct me if i'm wrong, but were'nt yall just "Bi'tchin and moanin" over hudlin's portrail of white people?

The only thing I was bitching or moaning about was McDuffie's portrayal of Silver people....confused.

Juntai
Damn you, now I gotta go load up iTunes, and blast. Gonna get everyone on my wing ALL pissed off...stick out tongue.

It properly funded corporations - carbon-dated his latest creations to extract the information.

They found it utterly amazing, they claimed the body of his work was the same thing as a priceless painting. Never mattered to him, the art galleries hated him cause Thomas Kinkade called, said he would take 10 complete enigmas wrapped in puzzles encrypted in language with sound but without shape or signature.

Kept files in his garage, on MS-DOS in a fire-proof pod, he thought it was odd. Outside there was a shed with an Oppenheimer lock he apparently kept more wax then Madame Tussaud's.

We were in total awe, cause it blew our minds so many rhymes that were intricately designed. He was Poet Laureate of his time and if you don't mind, I'd like to share some of his rhymes.... smokin'

llagrok

We're bitching about Hudlin completely ignoring character's personalities and their limits.

BlueDMighty
I'm just shocked. no expression

Diverse = White, Black, Brown, Blue, Green etc...

Agian. I'm not talking about "Diversity". YOU are talking about "Diversity". I'm talking about "BLACK" people.

Prodigy is still on the team, being depowered doesn't take his intelligence away from him which came in handy during the Nimrod Saga. He's still a pivitol character.

you mean like a Janitor has a pivitol role at a school?

Nezhno? Boy from Wakanda. Show's what you know. Pick up New X-Men #38 next week and see.

i'll check him out.

Look up the meaning of diverse. We have.

WOW

Again that role has been played by non-black characters in other stories. What the heck is Gambit?
What you're implying is: "Only white are people are able to dobad/stupid things".

your missing the point on purpose. some people might questtion your intellect.

DigiMark007
Only a matter of time before this thread became a problem.

Keep it respectful or leave....or I'll be forced to close this thread. It won't be the first racially-charged thing I've had to close because of immaturity, and I doubt it'll be the last (especially with the Hudlin stuff flying around right now).

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>