comic books you should be getting but probably aren't

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Devil Lance
list some books that you like that you feel should be selling better and be more popular than they actually are. ( also list some reasons why you think so)

heres my list

1. The All New Atom- A very fun, well writen book with above average art. Its vey funny but also has some very serious parts aswell.

2. blue Beetle- just a very funny books kind've remniscent of the JlI Giffen and Demattis Bwa ha ha days. The arts a litttle cartoony but yo get used to it .

3. Manhunter- all the people on this site who complain about DC charcters being too perfect this book is for you. Kate Spencer (Manhunter) is one of the most human and falwed characters in comcis today.

Beta Ray Howard
I agree with Manhunter.

Priest's Panther run is the perfect example, but I had a subscription.

Accel
I hear nothing but good things about Shadowpact, but I keep forgetting to check it out.

I also need to get around to checking out Authority.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Accel
I hear nothing but good things about Shadowpact, but I keep forgetting to check it out.

I also need to get around to checking out Authority. yeah, def. need to get Authority

inamilist
1 - Girls

2 - Nightly News

Deathstroke
I agree on Shadowpact as one.

I don't know how well Tales of the Unexpected or Mystery in Space are selling, but I think both of them are really good as well.

King_Mungi
Sadly Manhunter is being cancelled

Shadowpact is awesome, great stuff just a fun read

srankmissingnin
The Lone Ranger.

Nuff' Said.

Devil Lance
Originally posted by Deathstroke
I agree on Shadowpact as one.

I don't know how well Tales of the Unexpected or Mystery in Space are selling, but I think both of them are really good as well.

MYSTERY I/SPACE #4 (Of 8)
$3.99
DC

TALES O/UNEXPECTED #3 (Of 8)
$3.99
DC

not very good at all which is a shame Captain Commet rocks sad

Black Adam
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
The Lone Ranger.

Nuff' Said.

indeed

xmarksthespot
For reference some recent sales figures for the above:

December:
95. Shadowpact 23,900
96. Manhunter 23,800
105. All New Atom 22,800
115. Blue Beetle 21,400
122. Lone Ranger 20,100
171. Girls 9,800

From October:
27. Authority 58,100
The Authority is doing pretty well. ermm

Manhunter is being canceled? What exactly is cancellation territory in terms of sales?

inamilist
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

171. Girls 9,800

that makes me very sad...

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by inamilist
that makes me very sad... Well it's doing better than

252 Nightly News 3,900

sad

inamilist
Well it's doing better than

252 Nightly News 3,900

sad

wow

i must have some bad taste stick out tongue

Anyone remember scud the disposable assassin?

DigiMark007

Deathstroke
Originally posted by Devil Lance
MYSTERY I/SPACE #4 (Of 8)
$3.99
DC

TALES O/UNEXPECTED #3 (Of 8)
$3.99
DC

not very good at all which is a shame Captain Commet rocks sad

I feel bad now. sad

Devil Lance
Originally posted by Deathstroke
I feel bad now. sad
buy more!! mad

Devil Lance
For reference some recent sales figures for the above:

December:
95. Shadowpact 23,900
96. Manhunter 23,800
105. All New Atom 22,800
115. Blue Beetle 21,400
122. Lone Ranger 20,100
171. Girls 9,800

From October:
27. Authority 58,100
The Authority is doing pretty well. ermm

Manhunter is being canceled? What exactly is cancellation territory in terms of sales?

as I see it heres how the main comic companies view sales

90,000+- Extremely good sales you usally see this for major relaunches(JLA,JSA)or event books (Civil War, Infinite Crisis, 52)

65,000 +- very good sales usually books like The main Batman titles , the main Superman titles, Team Books like Teen titans or Fantastic four , Wolverine Titles, X-men titles.

40,000+- pretty good sales books like ION, Spiderman Supergirl, Flash, New X-men, Black Panther usally have these numebrs

28,000 +- average to belwo avergae sales thes titles won't be cancelled any time soon but they aren't the companies biggest sellers by any stretch of the imaganation.

10,000+ - these book are basically on death watch. Usally books like Manhunetr, Iron fist, Irredemable Ant-man, manhunter, Firstorm, and Atom are found here

but it also depend son the publisher
to DC and Marvel a book selling 10,000 copies is horrible since they are the mainstream ocmic companie sand thus have many titles selling alot more than that.

While Smaller companies like Darkhorse or creater owned comics would look at one of their comics selling 10,00 copies actually being pretty good.

I may be wrong on this however. confused

Disappear
sadly, i think immortal iron fist and the irredeemable ant-man are some of the more interesting titles i've read recently.

"V"
Originally posted by Disappear
sadly, i think immortal iron fist and the irredeemable ant-man are some of the more interesting titles i've read recently.

If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure it sold alot better then 10k though. Brubakers already said its not going anywhere soon, didnt it sell like average-ish (28k?) because it had a second printing.

Grimm22
The Atom and Shadowpack never looked good to me, so I never picked them up

I picked up an issue of Blue Beetle, but hated it and dropped the book

And I read Firestorm pre-IC, but dropped it during OYL. The book's stupid and pointless political points offended me as a reader, so I dropped the book.

Manhunter has been great, post-IC. Sadly, my shop only picks it up once in a while erm

Of course, my shop also forgets to pick up Ant-Man and Iron Fist, despite those being two of my favirote books right now

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.