Which Star Wars character do you most identify with?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alliance
I don't know if thsi has been done before, but...could prove interisting.

Which Star Wars character do you most identify with and why?

Tangible God
Palpatine. With the exception of the lack of Force powers, I've got a similar political mind.

queeq
Solo: roaming free.

sithsaber408
Anakin Skywalker: Dark, troubled, turned on his family and friends for the dark side, but with incredible talent and skills. Eventually redeemed by love and the light side. Strong with the Force. Also, fairly handsome and married to a beautiful girl. stick out tongue

allfg
Darth Bane. I have huge balls.

Count Makashi
Mace Windu- alwajs very calm, thinks before he reacts, dosent say anything anlese its smart, with one excepton im not black.

General G
Chewbacca: The side kick/tag along guy who helps when he can, only I'm not that hairy

queeq
Originally posted by allfg
Darth Bane. I have huge balls.

That's EU.

amity75
Lobot. A quiet guy but who is always remembered by people.

queeq
So you're the quiet type.

amity75
Yeah I'd say so. Though I don't have a pair of headphones stuck to the back of my head.

aldisyoyo
obi-wan: i kick @ss

~JP~
Vader-no explanation needed. evil face

queeq
The leather right? And the heavy breathing? wink

JaehSkywalker
Obi-Wan - *shrugs* online tests say this. and sometimes like Luke. Innocent and whiny but comes out as a big hero(or in my case a heroine... whatever...)

exanda kane
Erm..Luke Skywalker of course...don't see how you can identify with any other character at all apart from perhaps Leia...or "maybe" Anakin (although a doubt it).

Star Wars is built that way.

queeq
Or Han Solo.

Alliance
It's not realy built that way. You see the movies form the perspectives of Luke, Leia, Han, Skywalker and Kenobi.

That doesn't mean you can't identify with another character.

queeq
Yup

Marxman
R2, I'm smarter than the majority of my friends but am sometime ignored, partially because I'm not always a very charismatic person. I get shit done and I'm pretty damn lucky. And I steal hearts, not the show big grin

Jack Daniels
I say I'm Obi Wan or Han Solo...they frequent the bars...lol...although I was once nicknamed webacca the cookie....cause Im hairy and when messed up love cookies....lol
I must say Han...he was a chestyph man...he hooked up with leia...the hottie in the OT ...so he is cool.....I relate to him I guess!

PiruBlood
darth maul because im very athletic in boxing and i like to kick ass.

queeq
So you like Maul's ass?

Tangible God
Well who DOESN'T like Maul's ass?

Marxman
Maul's a tool.

queeq
Originally posted by Tangible God
Well who DOESN'T like Maul's ass?

Well..... me.

Tangible God
Yeah me either, guess that only leaves the British.

Alliance
I'm American and I like Maul.

Never seen his ass though. erm

Tangible God
If you've ever seen someone from Alabama, you're looking at Maul's ass.

Alliance
I resent that remark.

Tangible God
So does the Canadian East Coast.

Alliance
Does Canada even have an east coast?

queeq
Originally posted by Tangible God
If you've ever seen someone from Alabama, you're looking at Maul's ass.

laughing out loud

exanda kane
Originally posted by Alliance
It's not realy built that way. You see the movies form the perspectives of Luke, Leia, Han, Skywalker and Kenobi.

That doesn't mean you can't identify with another character.

How can you identify with another character?

You don't identify with Kenobi because he is above the spectrum of the other characters, he is the aged, old Wizard, you can identify him with an old Uncle or family member maybe, but you only look at him through the eyes of Luke.

Han, is almost an antagonist of sorts, he conflicts with the audience, albeit in a fun and humurous way, but he's a rebellious, roguish figure to be admired by Luke and the audience, not identified with.

Leia, out of the passengers upon the Falcon, is the only other person I can reasonably believe someone might identify with; Luke is in admiration of her, the audience is in admiration of her independance and courage, but she is still a princess and therefore something alien to Luke, and yet again, the audience.

To people saying they identify with R2, with Chewie, and god all mighty, with Darth Vader, I think they need to keep check of there reactions more when watching the films. Even if we were supposed to identify with Anakin in the PT, we don't because of the lack of success of the script and the fact that our old father figure, Obi-Wan is competing against him.

exanda kane
Which Star Wars character do you most identify with and why?

That was the question, all I've heard so far is that people identify with characters because either they have a fetish for leather and heavy breathing, are made of metal and spare parts, have lots of hair or have a purple lightsaber.

If the question was more in the line of "Who do you think is the coolest Star Wars character or character attribute", then fine, it's the right debate, but that's nto what I read smile

vintageSW77
after reading your last two post id say you were Admiral Ozzel with a bit of c3po chucked in

Alliance
Originally posted by exanda kane
To people saying they identify with R2, with Chewie, and god all mighty, with Darth Vader, I think they need to keep check of there reactions more when watching the films. Even if we were supposed to identify with Anakin in the PT, we don't because of the lack of success of the script and the fact that our old father figure, Obi-Wan is competing against him. Originally posted by exanda kane
If the question was more in the line of "Who do you think is the coolest Star Wars character or character attribute", then fine, it's the right debate, but that's nto what I read smile

I didn't say which character do you most act or look like, but those are forms of identification, albeit on the shallowest levels.

However, you didn't answer the question appropriately either. I didn't ask who the plot followed or who you felt sympathetic with, I asked you you saw yourself in. smile

If you know my constant battles vs Ush, you know as an artist I don't necessarily give a sh*t about who you are supposed to identify with. Oftentimes the most powerful characters in a story are those who are not the main protagonist. Art is to be interpreted, not told.

<><><>
I most identify with the Clones. Why? Because they are one of the few pervasive major characters in the saga that don't have superpowers. They are men, they have duties, they fight, bleed, and die...used in a power struggle greater than themselves. They're not the upper-class bourgeois of the Jedi, Empire, or rebellion, they're just simple people with real business to go about.

Clones are also abused, they are disrespected by every character in the Saga, save (implicitly) Jango (and maybe Boba). They're treated like trash, even though they're the backbone of the saga. This perception is enhanced by some EU material, but the roots are present in the movie as well. The Clones are like the working-class. They are the army without the democratic overtones that have been integrated into military structure since man discovered organized fights were effective.

The clones show the saga for what it is, a pointless powerstruggle between a two equal and opposite powers with pathetic perceptions of the universe, a lust for power, and a myopic focus on only themselves. That's a powerful tool to rexamine the saga and it attacks some things Lucas tries to pass (and all too unfortunately get people to support) as absolute truths. Ironically that the characters who so readily define the saga can redefine it as well.

I see myself in them, I sympathise with their position. That is identification. In return, they give me a new lens and thats a process worth going through.

vintageSW77
ill go for Salacious Crumb

Alliance
leech?

queeq
What causes identification? It's not just for the hero, in a good show one should be able to identify with all characters. Otehrwise they're hardly characters at all, they'd be.... extras.

Alliance
Yeah. hence, "Which character do you MOST identify with?"

queeq
Exanda is rather rigid.

vintageSW77
hence the Ozzel ref

exanda kane
I didn't say which character do you most act or look like, but those are forms of identification, albeit on the shallowest levels.

However, you didn't answer the question appropriately either. I didn't ask who the plot followed or who you felt sympathetic with, I asked you you saw yourself in. smile

If you know my constant battles vs Ush, you know as an artist I don't necessarily give a sh*t about who you are supposed to identify with. Oftentimes the most powerful characters in a story are those who are not the main protagonist. Art is to be interpreted, not told.

<><><>
I most identify with the Clones. Why? Because they are one of the few pervasive major characters in the saga that don't have superpowers. They are men, they have duties, they fight, bleed, and die...used in a power struggle greater than themselves. They're not the upper-class bourgeois of the Jedi, Empire, or rebellion, they're just simple people with real business to go about.

Clones are also abused, they are disrespected by every character in the Saga, save (implicitly) Jango (and maybe Boba). They're treated like trash, even though they're the backbone of the saga. This perception is enhanced by some EU material, but the roots are present in the movie as well. The Clones are like the working-class. They are the army without the democratic overtones that have been integrated into military structure since man discovered organized fights were effective.

The clones show the saga for what it is, a pointless powerstruggle between a two equal and opposite powers with pathetic perceptions of the universe, a lust for power, and a myopic focus on only themselves. That's a powerful tool to rexamine the saga and it attacks some things Lucas tries to pass (and all too unfortunately get people to support) as absolute truths. Ironically that the characters who so readily define the saga can redefine it as well.

I see myself in them, I sympathise with their position. That is identification. In return, they give me a new lens and thats a process worth going through.

Now that's a real answer for the question, not other people's responses, which didn't even touch upon anything deeper than why the only black guy in the saga (Mace) isn't allowed a green or blue lightsaber. Thank you, it was a good read and well worth rousing a response too smile

Marxman
Not to take away from your identification but...
I most identify with the Clones. Why? Because they are one of the few pervasive major characters in the saga that don't have superpowers. They are men, they have duties, they fight, bleed, and die...used in a power struggle greater than themselves. They're not the upper-class bourgeois of the Jedi, Empire, or rebellion, they're just simple people with real business to go about. While I agree they aren't "upper-class bourgeois" they aren't as separate as you would like to believe. To separate the Jedi and the Blones would be like separating the Stormtroopers from the Empire. Beside the Senators or the leaders of the rebellion, the average rebel was almost as expendable as a Clone.
Clones are also abused, they are disrespected by every character in the Saga, save (implicitly) Jango (and maybe Boba). They're treated like trash, even though they're the backbone of the saga. This perception is enhanced by some EU material, but the roots are present in the movie as well. The Clones are like the working-class. They are the army without the democratic overtones that have been integrated into military structure since man discovered organized fights were effective. They are not abused or disrespected but rather treated like the mass product they are. Yes, they are "human", but they are products nonetheless. The droid armies were treated the same way. The Clones were grown for war as frontline foot-soldiers.
The clones show the saga for what it is, a pointless powerstruggle between a two equal and opposite powers with pathetic perceptions of the universe, a lust for power, and a myopic focus on only themselves. That's a powerful tool to rexamine the saga and it attacks some things Lucas tries to pass (and all too unfortunately get people to support) as absolute truths. Ironically that the characters who so readily define the saga can redefine it as well.They show the PT for the pointless powerstuggle it is. The OT was far different. An oppressed society fighting for their freedom. A fascist dictatorship that thought its way was for the better of the society and sought to force this way of life on all, even those opposed to it.
I see myself in them, I sympathise with their position. That is identification. In return, they give me a new lens and thats a process worth going through. While they played a great role in the saga, your interpretation has flaws that I felt the need to address for the sake of all the impressionable youngin's that requent these forums.

Alliance
Originally posted by Marxman
While they played a great role in the saga, your interpretation has flaws that I felt the need to address for the sake of all the impressionable youngin's that requent these forums.

I'm so glad you're here to save them. erm
Unfortunately your evaluations are as flawed as you perceived my argument.

While I agree they aren't "upper-class bourgeois" they aren't as separate as you would like to believe. To separate the Jedi and the Blones would be like separating the Stormtroopers from the Empire. Beside the Senators or the leaders of the rebellion, the average rebel was almost as expendable as a Clone.

The Jedi and clones are separate entities. They lived ten years on Kamino in their own world and culture. They worked with Jedi for three years, were under the command of Jedi, yet they outlasted the Jedi. They were under the command of three distinct organizations, of which the Jedi were only one, so it makes perfect sense to separate the two. The Jedi are the bourgeois. The clones are the plebes.

Stormies are part clones, those clones can be separated form the Empire.

Rebel extras and cloned were not treated the same way by Lucas and they were not viewed as expendable. This is star WARS, people die, but lucas never shows any respect for any clones in the OT, and almost never in the PT. The helmets are there to devalue their humanity. Rebels have faces.

They are not abused or disrespected but rather treated like the mass product they are. Yes, they are "human", but they are products nonetheless. The droid armies were treated the same way. The Clones were grown for war as frontline foot-soldiers.

Unfortunately, I think this fails. Droids are droids. Soldiers are human. Despite the fact that they're clones and there are many of them, they are still human. Lucas shows us their humanity by showing them helmet-less. Lucas shows them dying and in pain. Treating a human like a product is abusive and disrespectful, especially for an organization that claims to be so morally superior like the Jedi.

They show the PT for the pointless powerstuggle it is. The OT was far different. An oppressed society fighting for their freedom. A fascist dictatorship that thought its way was for the better of the society and sought to force this way of life on all, even those opposed to it.

Jedi vs Sith is the pointless power struggle.

Could we not view Separatist leaders fighting for their freedom? Have you ever imagined that the Jedi could have been "on the wrong side of the war"? I didn't see the Empire forcing anything on anybody, except for its rule through military force, which the Republic had no problem doing either.

I don't recall the Empire being portrayed a true fascist society. It was an empire. It had an army. That is not fascism or militarism. Elements, yes, but hyperactive and myopic people usually associate any degree of military presence in society with fascism.

queeq
Empire=Nazi's basically. This was never a secret, the references to an all-consuming evil Empire are clear like rain. Including the whole stormtrooper concept, which is about as direct a reference as it gets.

exanda kane
Good posts...at least there are some thoughts about things a little more meaningful than a person identifying with something because of a CGI effect

queeq
YEah, who started that idea?

exanda kane
Ok, that was an exaggeration, but I'm fed of all this stuff where people seem to "identify" with secondary characters from the EU who appear in the film for what, five minutes?

That really does defy the whole principle of narrative, that the viewer be captivated by a character, let's take Plo Koon for example, who doesn't even have a line in the movies. Yet that whole 5 seconds he is that certain viewer's favourite character of all time in a Star Wars movie.

It's just one of those pet hates I get when I pop by onto these boards, like people who hate women drivers, or people who hate leaving tips, that kind of thing.

queeq
And so what if someone likes Plo Koon? He's canon, he's in there, f someone likes him, let him. Nor is the fact that a character is portrayed by an actor or by CGI any norm for identification. If one can identify with a character from walt Disney or Pixar movies, why shouldn't they identify with *cough cough* Jar Jar...

Live and let live, exanda.

vintageSW77
yeah!!!
anyone who wants to knock my appreciation of the "crumb"...................................................STEP OUTSIDE!!!!

queeq
Crumb rules, no doubt!

Marxman
The Jedi and clones are separate entities. They lived ten years on Kamino in their own world and culture. They worked with Jedi for three years, were under the command of Jedi, yet they outlasted the Jedi. They were under the command of three distinct organizations, of which the Jedi were only one, so it makes perfect sense to separate the two. The Jedi are the bourgeois. The clones are the plebes.

Stormies are part clones, those clones can be separated form the Empire.

Rebel extras and cloned were not treated the same way by Lucas and they were not viewed as expendable. This is star WARS, people die, but lucas never shows any respect for any clones in the OT, and almost never in the PT. The helmets are there to devalue their humanity. Rebels have faces.True but my point is there are two distinct parts of all the different entities. The Republic's army consisted of the Jedi and the Clones. The Separatists' army consisted of Sith and battle droids. The Empire consisted of high ranking officers and the Stormtroopers. The Rebels consisted of the planners or "hill-top" generals and the Rebel soldiers. All these armies have their leaders and the soldiers, which make up the bulk of the armies. The soldiers are the one's who are putting their lives on the line.
Unfortunately, I think this fails. Droids are droids. Soldiers are human. Despite the fact that they're clones and there are many of them, they are still human. Lucas shows us their humanity by showing them helmet-less. Lucas shows them dying and in pain. Treating a human like a product is abusive and disrespectful, especially for an organization that claims to be so morally superior like the Jedi.That's the hypocrisy of those high on their pedestals. Of course these clones deserved more respect than they were shown. But the Jedi had their strategy. The Separatists were throwing droid after droid so they had to respond with their own overwhelming numbers. Like it or not, they were just smarter droids. In the beginning of Ep III Anakin wants to go back to help the Clones during the space battle. But Obi-Wan reminds him that "They're doing their job." They're job was to be meat shields for the Jedi.
Jedi vs Sith is the pointless power struggle.

Could we not view Separatist leaders fighting for their freedom? Have you ever imagined that the Jedi could have been "on the wrong side of the war"? I didn't see the Empire forcing anything on anybody, except for its rule through military force, which the Republic had no problem doing either.You're agreeing with me. I said the PT was a pointless power struggle. The OT was different.
I don't recall the Empire being portrayed a true fascist society. It was an empire. It had an army. That is not fascism or militarism. Elements, yes, but hyperactive and myopic people usually associate any degree of military presence in society with fascism. Is any society purely what it claims to be? Is America a pure democracy? Is China purely communist? No, no, and no. But fascism, at its base, is a society that uses military might and force to rule. How was the Empire not like that? In ANH the Emperor dissolves the Senate and uses the Death Star's power to control the people. They're sure as hell not a democracy anymore.

queeq
That post is too long.

exanda kane
Trip to yankeeland tomorrow...when I get back I don't want anymore "I identify with Boba Fett because I have cool armour like him IRL" posts smile

Marxman
Originally posted by queeq
That post is too long. I enjoy debating. What can I say?

queeq
You can say you enjoy debating.

Alliance
True but my point is there are two distinct parts of all the different entities. The Republic's army consisted of the Jedi and the Clones. The Separatists' army consisted of Sith and battle droids. The Empire consisted of high ranking officers and the Stormtroopers. The Rebels consisted of the planners or "hill-top" generals and the Rebel soldiers. All these armies have their leaders and the soldiers, which make up the bulk of the armies. The soldiers are the one's who are putting their lives on the line.

Yes, my point is the clones are treated like trash, despite the fact they are human. Droids are droids, no one cares how they are treated. Lucas shows compassion for Rebels. Lucas neglects passion for clones and stormies. Aside from their screams, Lucas never portrays any humanity in stormies, but they are portrayed in the OT as conscious supporters of the empire under their own terms.

The clones are the exception here. They are shown as men, but treated BY THE JEDI (the most "moral" group in SW) as less than men. Not because they die in war, but they are treated as expendable things that are less than men. They are treated like ordinance.

That's the hypocrisy of those high on their pedestals. Of course these clones deserved more respect than they were shown. But the Jedi had their strategy. The Separatists were throwing droid after droid so they had to respond with their own overwhelming numbers. Like it or not, they were just smarter droids. In the beginning of Ep III Anakin wants to go back to help the Clones during the space battle. But Obi-Wan reminds him that "They're doing their job." They're job was to be meat shields for the Jedi.

No, thats incorrect. The clones' job was to win the war...to fight. I don't object to that at all. They wouldn't either. I think any clone would gladly be a shield, but they shouldn't be EXPECTED to do so. I don't think many Jedi would give a shit if a clone died. Again, they are treated like ordinance, not like humans.

You're agreeing with me. I said the PT was a pointless power struggle. The OT was different.

No. We are not agreeing because the power struggle in the OT is just as pointless as the PT.

Is any society purely what it claims to be? Is America a pure democracy? Is China purely communist? No, no, and no. But fascism, at its base, is a society that uses military might and force to rule. How was the Empire not like that? In ANH the Emperor dissolves the Senate and uses the Death Star's power to control the people. They're sure as hell not a democracy anymore.

VERY incorrect. The modern DEFINITION of a state is that it is the SOLE user of legitimate force. Just because something is not democratic does not magically make it fascist. Every state has an army and will use it, regardless of how democratic it is. Your association of democracy=weak army and no-democracy=fascist is poor and is a fundamental misunderstanding of the societal roles of the military in a state.

That being said its relatively irrelevant to this argument.

Marxman
Yes, my point is the clones are treated like trash, despite the fact they are human. Droids are droids, no one cares how they are treated. Lucas shows compassion for Rebels. Lucas neglects passion for clones and stormies. Aside from their screams, Lucas never portrays any humanity in stormies, but they are portrayed in the OT as conscious supporters of the empire under their own terms.

The clones are the exception here. They are shown as men, but treated BY THE JEDI (the most "moral" group in SW) as less than men. Not because they die in war, but they are treated as expendable things that are less than men. They are treated like ordinance.

No, thats incorrect. The clones' job was to win the war...to fight. I don't object to that at all. They wouldn't either. I think any clone would gladly be a shield, but they shouldn't be EXPECTED to do so. I don't think many Jedi would give a shit if a clone died. Again, they are treated like ordinance, not like humans. I have a feeling that we both understand what the Clones did and how they were treated. I guess the difference between us is simply your angry about it and I'm not. I totally agree with you that the Jedi should have had better judgment and treated the Clones better, seeing as how they carried themselves in such a way that they were morally superior and had a sort of "holier than thou" thing going on. But the Clone, regardless of the fact that they were living, breathing sentient beings which felt pain, were the proverbial pawns in this game of chess between the Jedi and Sith.

Yet I find it interesting that you accuse Lucas of both dehumanizing the Clones and attempting to show their humanity. I remember you saying something about Lucas showing occasionally showing them helmet-less and making sure we saw some die or in pain. Which is it, buddy? Is Lucas disrespecting the Clones and/or are the Jedi?
No. We are not agreeing because the power struggle in the OT is just as pointless as the PT.That's subjective and you are entitled to your own opinion on that. I'm sure you've made up your mind on that so I won't bother responding since it'll end up with us talking at each other instead of to each other.
VERY incorrect. The modern DEFINITION of a state is that it is the SOLE user of legitimate force. Just because something is not democratic does not magically make it fascist. Every state has an army and will use it, regardless of how democratic it is. Your association of democracy=weak army and no-democracy=fascist is poor and is a fundamental misunderstanding of the societal roles of the military in a state.I never said a totalitarian government is automatically fascist. Nor did I equate strength of military with levels of fascism. I'm a Communist, ffs. I can see a Communist society being totalitarian. I'm also American. A (shitty) example of a democratic society with a powerful military.

But, yea, I understand that in fascism, it simply means that everything is done for the betterment of the state and that the state has supreme rule over all. However, this is accomplished by military force or a highly charismatic leader, usually both. The Empire had both. The only flaw with calling the Empire a fascist society is that fascism rebukes the idea of perpetual peace and the doctrine of Pacifism. Palpatine claimed to be attempting to create a secure and safe society.

But to be fair, I used the term very losely. It wasn't meant as a political statement, just an easy way to describe the oppressiveness of the Empire, since 90% of the world equates fascism with oppression.
That being said its relatively irrelevant to this argument. Troof.

JaehSkywalker
oh.. i gotta say i'm kinda like jar jar too.. very clumsy... >.<

speiderman
sometimes mace windu other times Obi wan kenobi

queeq
Whether you're drunk or not?

speiderman
when I am sober. when I am drunk I am like Han solo

queeq
Frozen?

speiderman
no i am a playboy playa type thus han solo

queeq
That's a laugh.

Jack Daniels
gotta say han solo drunk er not....I always land the babe

vintageSW77
i did a test
50 questions to see what SW character i was

i got The Emperor,Tusken and 3p0
says i have a sinister side,i am quick tempered and worry a bit

spot on

queeq
laughing out loud

Stun
a touch of Anakin and Han, although i'm a Mace wannabe inside smokin' - sry, i mean Jules Winnfieldstick out tongue

Alliance
laughing out loud

Which character singular.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Stun
a touch of Anakin and Han, although i'm a Mace wannabe inside smokin' - sry, i mean Jules Winnfieldstick out tongue

confused

Stun
confused

i take it you've never seen Pulp Fiction?

exanda kane
Originally posted by Stun
i take it you've never seen Pulp Fiction?

Quite the opposite...but in what ways are you like Samuel Jackson? Or Jules, at least...or even Mace Windu?

queeq
Same hair?

exanda kane
Ok, you got me.

queeq
laughing out loud

exanda kane
Although doesn't Jules have a tasty 'fro? :P

Alliance
Blarg.

queeq
A new clone name?

Stun
Quite the opposite...but in what ways are you like Samuel Jackson? Or Jules, at least...or even Mace Windu?

well maybe i wanted him to be a bit more like Jules - although i like Mace Windu it was far from SLJ's best performance, but then you already knew thatstick out tongue

queeq
We did????

General G
srug

I guess we did

*enters conversation sneakily*

Count Makashi
SMJ did a very good job as Mace Windu, great performance.

Alliance
He was fine, but "very good?" I think not. If SamL was that good he would have made Lucas rewrite his dialogue.

Count Makashi
This party's over- if that isn't a great line, i don't know what is.

chinabing
Originally posted by Count Makashi
This party's over- if that isn't a great line, i don't know what is. Awesome line. The climax of AotC is one of the best in the series.

Alliance
Actually the Climax of AOTC was when Anakin and Kenobi jumped off of the LAAT onto the landing platform. Four clones died to get them there.

queeq
*sigh*

Not only did MAce have crappy lines, the acting was quite wooden too. Not Sam's best.

overlord
Oh, ho ho ho, didn't AotC have multiple climaxes, making it a constant orgasm for some members here?

Alliance
No, thats ESB, which many members are in so much a state of constant orgasm, they forgot to watch the movie and observe it is actually as crappy as the rest.

queeq
You wish, Clone Boy.

chinabing
Actually the Climax of AOTC was when Anakin and Kenobi jumped off of the LAAT onto the landing platform. Four clones died to get them there. By 'climax' I meant the whole geonosis battle, from the arena to the big battle to the lightsabe duels. It was unbelieveable.

And yes, climax is a word that has more than one meaning! So can ejaculation, go look it up, it also means a verbal shout. Go try that on open-mike night at the Improv, you'll wow 'em.

queeq
*writes down open-mike night tip*

Count Makashi
Mace Windu is a great character, second only to Count Dooku.

queeq
Hardly.

Alliance
Indeedy.

General G
Mace Windu is a great character, second only to Count Dooku.

No way

Count Makashi
Way, Mace Windu uses coolness, almost as much as Dooku, but GG is very cool also, i liked him.

General G
Good raver

Count Makashi
But his death, was badly done com on a Jedi using a blaster and then Kenobi trying to be smart- so uncivilized, what a lame thing to say, like when you kill with a lightsaber is more civilized.

Alliance
Grievous wasn't cool. confused

Nellis Munn
Plo koon was cool... *cough* stinking clones....*cough* ....was..

Alliance
pwned.

Nellis Munn
yeah... Damn that sideous and his order 66... At least his niece surived (sha koon).....

Count Makashi
Order 66 is the 2 saddest thing that ever happened, after Count Dookus death. The galaxy cried when he died.

Alliance
Yeah. Or nobody cared.

Order 66 was sad, but glorious.

queeq
Of course, Alliance....

General G
Grievous wasn't cool. confused

Actually...

exanda kane
Way, Mace Windu uses coolness, almost as much as Dooku, but GG is very cool also, i liked him.

I don't normally sucumb to a stint like this, but that comment...

ROFL big grin

queeq
Coolness.... I see a new version coming up, with an all-black cast:

"Use the coolness, Luke."
"The coolness is what keeps the universe together"
"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the coolness."

Count Makashi
Is the black coolness more cool.
Coolness not make one great.
Into coolness i must go, Failed, I have.
Cool you have become, Dooku. The coolness I sense in you.
I've become more cool than any Jedi. Even you.
I sense great coolness in you, Skywalker. You have cool. You have coolness. But you don't use them."
Coolness is the way of the Sith.
It is obvious that this coolness cannot be decided by our knowledge of the cool, but by our skills with a coolness."

exanda kane
Your just encouraging him Queeq. Quick, fetch a pale of gasoline and we'll light the *********

smile

jollyjim311
Is the black coolness more cool.
Coolness not make one great.
Into coolness i must go, Failed, I have.
Cool you have become, Dooku. The coolness I sense in you.
I've become more cool than any Jedi. Even you.
I sense great coolness in you, Skywalker. You have cool. You have coolness. But you don't use them."
Coolness is the way of the Sith.
It is obvious that this coolness cannot be decided by our knowledge of the cool, but by our skills with a coolness."

thumb down

Alliance
laughing out loud

queeq
Chaos rules.... I am content.

Alliance
Chaos can take you down.

Count Makashi
When i said uses, i didn't mean the adverb uses. to use, i meant coolness just comes out from Mace Windu - usses, ushes, i don't know how its spelled.

exanda kane
Yeah, and Han Solo is that spotty nerd who used to sat in your class back in the day with his dairy-lea sandwhiches confused

queeq
laughing out loud

Count Makashi
sad

queeq
wink

Count Makashi
mad

Alliance
No.

queeq
No?

Alliance
No.

exanda kane
I identify with Thrawn because he has blue skin. confused

Count Makashi
Aayla has a blue skin to, i would like to identify with her, if you knew what i mean.

exanda kane
Dear lord. We have a joker.

queeq
That position is already taken.

Alliance
Please Find another.

Count Makashi
Who is this Joker, he will have an unfortunate accident.

queeq
I doubt it, you're not THAT funny. wink

exanda kane
laughing

This is getting mean now.

queeq
And funny. wink

Count Makashi
Originally posted by queeq
I doubt it, you're not THAT funny. wink

crybaby

queeq
I am so cruel. evil face

Count Makashi
mad

Lets have a tread with just smiles.

exanda kane
Yes, because that's constructive.

You know, I'm almost missing people coming out with silly responses now, no one but Alliance has given an answer worthy of the question big grin

Count Makashi
What question?

Alliance
Which Star Wars character do you most identify with?
Started by: Alliance

exanda kane
Jabba cos he don't pay no tax!

queeq
mad

Lets have a tread with just smiles.

THat's been done.

Count Makashi
Rely, way was it closed?

Alliance
Try the OTF.