Bears Win!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PVS
Condoleezza Rice:

so there you have it. condi calls undianapolis. considering her track record of being wrong with every prediction, if you put any money on the colts, you better call your bookie before its too late.

oh i know "zomg stupid thread". just watch. watch and learn...and lose money if you dont believe me stick out tongue

JacopeX
What does she know about american football anyways? roll eyes (sarcastic)

PVS
what does she know about foreign policy?
just know that she is the equivalent of "mush" from "a bronx tail",
and must be regarded accordingly.

if you cant change your wager, back out while there's still time

Alliance
I like "Bears Win"

Strangelove
Damn....I'm an Indiana native sadwalk

Lana
Chicagoan w00t

Originally posted by Alliance
I like "Bears Win"

yes I gotta work today, but we're decorating the store and all wearing Bears shirts and will be watching TV behind the counter.

Alliance
Yay!

silver_tears
I like "Bears Win"

thumb up

FeceMan
Republicans rigged the Superbowl.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Lana
Chicagoan w00t

yes I gotta work today, but we're decorating the store and all wearing Bears shirts and will be watching TV behind the counter.

Aren't you going to The Superbowl?

-AC

Quiero Mota
Go Bears!

C'mon Grossman!!

Inspectah Deck
I like "Bears Win"

to bad they lost

Strangelove
So....Condi Rice ftw?

Leo.M
The colts won. flex

§uffer§noopy
Originally posted by Leo.M
The colts won. flex Let's start a riot!

Lana
mad sad

BackFire
Bears were embarrassing.

Lana
Yeah no shit.

What the hell, damnit.

Imperial_Samura
On TV here in Australia not that long ago... and yes, Colts won.

Still, in the grand scheme of things I guess even Rice has to get something right eventually, even if it is only the outcome of football match (hmmm, referring to it as "only a football match" might be dangerous to my health...)

silver_tears
Stupid Colts, die Manning. disgust

Strangelove
Originally posted by silver_tears
Stupid Colts, die Manning. disgust oh

And why do you have the same sig and avvy as LF, are you trying to drive me crazy?

Alliance
mad sad
mad mad mad

I guess you can't win a superbowl without an offense.

silver_tears
Originally posted by Strangelove
oh

And why do you have the same sig and avvy as LF, are you trying to drive me crazy?

I'm sorry, but it's his fault my baby doesn't have another superbowl ring. mhm

They're not the same silly goose. vin

Lana
mad mad mad

I guess you can't win a superbowl without an offense.

mad mad mad sad

Quiero Mota
mad mad mad sad

It's true though.

Grossman was really underpar in this game.

debbiejo
Yeah fun party I went to......Yeah YUMMY smoked Salmon..

eat

I don't care who won..

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by debbiejo
Yeah fun party I went to......Yeah YUMMY smoked Salmon..

eat

I don't care who won..

Because wherever there is smoke salmon there is a victory of one kind of another.

botankus
I'll be a good sport and not re-post that Rex Grossman / Green Bay gratuitous picture I posted a few weeks ago. Kind of a bit surprised to see this thread in the GDF, but congrats to the Colts.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by botankus
I'll be a good sport and not re-post that Rex Grossman / Green Bay gratuitous picture I posted a few weeks ago.

Now I'm all curious.

botankus
I've got nothing against the Bears so I'll just say it's in the Maintaining Relationships thread.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Because wherever there is smoke salmon there is a victory of one kind of another. Ya, the smoked Salmon kinda guaranteed it...Happens every time....lol

RedAlertv2
As a Seahawks fan, I quite enjoyed watching the Bears get trounced

debbiejo
I was in Chicago stuck in traffic the last time the Bears won something big...Forgot what it was called though...It was in the 80's. Held up my taxi...... mad

botankus
Let me guess...ummm, could you have been stuck in traffic in January 1986?

debbiejo
eek!

That sounds about right. I remember it being really cold. I was there on a business trip..People all over the streets yelling and screaming getting in the way of my taxi..sad ......lol

PVS
thats funny...i was 12 whistle

debbiejo
I was 14.

PVS
yeah, 14 year old on a business trip. ok

debbiejo
laughing out loud As you see I had to take a taxi, I wasn't old enough to drive.....

PVS
but apparently old enough to go on a business trip out of state.
at least we know you're not too old to lie about your age.
i observe that by their late 60's early 70's women stop giving a shit
about that sort of thing.

debbiejo
I was a very bright 14 year old... smart

botankus
I was in fifth grade. Debs, maybe you were a child actress? Did you do those Life Cereal commercials?

PVS
she was doing those aarp commercials

debbiejo
Older women are quite sexy....hehe

I got you by at least 4 years.........

*straightens dentures*

dirkdirden
hahahahahahahahahahaha reading this thread makes me laugh. Also the fact that everyone I knew was going for the bears and they lost big time. The dude in the cube behind me lost 300 bucks, 3 of my brother lost money, my cousin lost 20 bucks. Everyone is disappointed and it's great to laugh at there misery.

silver_tears
Originally posted by PVS

I was -2 doped

PVS
I was -2 doped

interesting. wanna have sex?

botankus
Pedophile. Irene wasn't even born and you're already lusting after her.

PVS
what are you gay?

botankus
Yeah!

debbiejo
blink

Not according to your wifes video tapes...........hehe

Lana
Originally posted by PVS

I was -7 days stick out tongue

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
It's true though.

Grossman was really underpar in this game.

No shit mad

Quiero Mota
No shit mad

So how much money did you lose?

silver_tears
Originally posted by PVS
interesting. wanna have sex?

I would, but seeing as how you're so old you might over exert yourself and die. hmm

debbiejo
rip <--- Let the mourners mourn........... sad

laughing out loud

PVS
I would, but seeing as how you're so old you might over exert yourself and die. hmm

no expression

you just got bumped down to a 9.
but thats ok. i know how you can go up to an 11 big grin

debbiejo
Well that is a supernatural thing.........It' screwing the dead..........

Don't do it........Noooo sad no no

PVS
debs, i try to picture what its like to be you...i imagine laughing at a 22 year old and calling him/her old, but i just cant do it. logic forbids me...so whats it like?

silver_tears
Originally posted by PVS
debs, i try to picture what its like to be you...i imagine laughing at a 22 year old and calling him/her old, but i just cant do it. logic forbids me...so whats it like?

crylaugh

BJ? eyes

debbiejo
Oh, oh oh,..........when you put your date down.......Put in on hot........Panties need it......Pittiful lad.

PVS
crylaugh

BJ? eyes

yes please happy

Oh, oh oh,..........when you put your date down.......Put in on hot........Panties need it......Pittiful lad.

that. made. no. sense. at. all.
please, stop failing.

debbiejo
Must you keep lusting what you can't have??? roll eyes (sarcastic)

silver_tears
Originally posted by PVS
yes please happy

Oh and you're well mannered too. blush2

PVS
yes, im even helpful to really old ladies. *helps debs carry her groceries*

debbiejo
Don't let him tempt you with his ill defencies........His mama would tell ya..........sorry sorry lad.........*hint, talk about "crap", he eats it up.....all dietary.* wink1

It's all he's got, ya know..........*children sends flowers*

queeq
Originally posted by PVS
yes, im even helpful to really old ladies. *helps debs carry her groceries*

He is really quite sweet ya know, once you don't get to know him.

Lana
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
So how much money did you lose?

None.

PVS
Don't let him tempt you with his ill defencies........His mama would tell ya..........sorry sorry lad.........*hint, talk about "crap", he eats it up* wink1

It's all he's got, ya know..........*children sends flowers*

yeah, ok debs. when i get home this evening im going to take about 4 massive bong hits, sign on here, and then see if anything you said makes sense at all. ill keep you posted

PVS
Originally posted by queeq
He is really quite sweet ya know, once you don't get to know him.

hey queeq, guess who was asking for you?

queeq
Why such an effort. I know the outcome already.

queeq
Originally posted by PVS
hey queeq, guess who was asking for you?

You?

PVS
You?

nobody no expression

queeq
Him again eh?

PVS
mad get out of my thread!!!

queeq
Ooooh... temper temper...

LethalFemme
oooh

PVS
Ooooh... temper temper...

would you like to come back to my place?

queeq
Yeah, allright...

debbiejo
Don't go......the mannequins are quite scary there.....

queeq
They are...

debbiejo
Look! The plastics rubbing off....... sad

LethalFemme
This thread is ruined now.weep

debbiejo
I know.,....crybaby

Strangelove
Originally posted by LethalFemme
This thread is ruined now.weep Go Colts! w00t

http://images.art.com/images/-/Indianapolis-Colts-Poster-C10073333.jpeg

LethalFemme
You should leave.................and go find help.ermm

debbiejo
Voodoo Master???

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Strangelove
Go Colts! w00t

http://images.art.com/images/-/Indianapolis-Colts-Poster-C10073333.jpeg

A new person.eek!

LethalFemme
Voodoo Master???

PVS. I haven't seen him in a bit.doped

Strangelove
A new person.eek! You rang? #nuaghty#

debbiejo
PVS. I haven't seen him in a bit.doped Good! Lets party.. cool

chillmeistergen
American football is rubbish

botankus
Thanks for your feedback. When you post, it's as if Vince Lombardi himself is speaking through the clouds and showering us with the wisdom of the world. I believe your post derived from one of his illustrious quotations, come to think of it.

queeq
This thread is ruined now.weep

Thank you. Thank you.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by chillmeistergen

Not knowing the rules of a sport or understanding it, doesn't make it rubbish.

If you can name a single team, I'll be surprised.

debbiejo
Originally posted by botankus
Thanks for your feedback. When you post, it's as if Vince Lombardi himself is speaking through the clouds and showering us with the wisdom of the world. I believe your post derived from one of his illustrious quotations, come to think of it. laughing out loud

I always found it fascinating how they keep their socks up...How do they do that.. confused

queeq
Special glue.

debbiejo
HAHAHAHA..........How sexy....... sad

queeq
Very... wanna try?

debbiejo
*runs and gets socks*

botankus
*runs and gets rubber cement*

queeq
We're gonna have a ball!

Rogue Jedi
rubbish? how so? like QM said, name a team. soccer and football are both good sports. although i think nfl athletes are superior.

queeq
Difficult to compare though.

chillmeistergen
We're gonna have a ball!

Why? all they do is run into each other while wearing a shed load of padding. You may aswell watch a duck pond.

-AC

botankus
^^ haha, this response quoted the tail end of a conversation about Debs hiking socks up to her knees, but to address your question, I could probably best sum up your concern with the following quote: "I don't have time to explain the universe in 5 minutes."

I will admit that's a pretty sorry quote, but it gets the point across.

Imperial_Samura
Why? all they do is run into each other while wearing a shed load of padding. You may aswell watch a duck pond.

-AC

I enjoy watching duck ponds (but only if there is ducks on them at the time.)

And to be honest I can't remember the last time I saw ducks ponds (or ducks for that matter) running into each other while wearing a "shed load of padding" so the comparison leaves me lost and scared.

Rogue Jedi

-AC
have you ever played american football, or seen a game close up on the sidelines? if you did you'd see its a whole lot more than a bunch of idiots running around trying to knock each other over. saying all they do is run into each other is like me saying all soccer players do is run up and down the field like fairies kicking a little ball. i know there is more to soccer than that. not sure what it is, but i know its there.
thing is, both sports have world class athletes. soccer players can run all day and night. alot of NFL players can to. the NFL has guys 6'6 to 6'9, 250 pounds, who can run a 4.1 forty and leap through the frigging roof. soccer players, i must admit, do amazing things with their bodies. but NFL players do this to, and they are bigger and more muscular, making it a greater achievement.
look at it this way.....you think the greatest athlete in soccer can cover marvin harrison on a deep route? no, not possible. on the other hand, you take those same two athletes, and try and have marvin harrison defend the soccer player in a soccer game, and marvin would get owned.

botankus
Two weekends ago, I saw my first rugby match. My friend plays for the Raleigh Vipers, a team where half their roster are transplants from the UK. It was fun and I had a good time watching it.

I'll be straight with the rugby/american football comparison. Both require participants to be hard-nosed, ready to hit and receive a hit, aggressive, and fearless. Rugby is probably more exciting for a non-fan to watch.

However, I've been tackled by my brother before. Without padding. He's about 5 foot 11 and 185 pounds. I got up with no problem, and probably could've been tackled by him a dozen more times and still carried on my day.
If I were to strap on a helmet and shoulder and thigh pads, and Ray Lewis or Joey Porter were to slam into me, I'd be in the hospital. My helmet isn't going to help much from a guy with 4.5 speed and 250 lbs of muscle ramming his head into my ribcage. These guys can bench press 225 lbs. 30 times. I remember one time in high school I got 225 lbs. up once.

That's just one play:
If a 320 lb. offensive lineman chop blocks me on the next, my knees would be shattered.
Catching a ball and getting speared in the gut...not a lot of good shoulder pads would do there.

These are world-class athletes with world-class strength. It's literally like a train wreck on every play. I would rather be hit by a Yugo without pads than a 18-Wheeler while dressed like the Michelin Man.

The only thing the helmets do is keep the number of concussions over a lifetime in the 4-6 range, rather than the 50-60 range with permanent brain damage. Even a small amount of concussions have proven to cause brain damage, as a matter of fact.

Rogue Jedi
excellent post.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
look at it this way.....you think the greatest athlete in soccer can cover marvin harrison on a deep route? no, not possible. on the other hand, you take those same two athletes, and try and have marvin harrison defend the soccer player in a soccer game, and marvin would get owned.

Actually I think the real question is not whether Marvin can defend that soccer player during a soccer game, but whether he can drop to the ground and clutch his ankle/shin/ear in a convincing enough manner to score a penalty kick.

(Joking, joking)

Rogue Jedi
oh, NFL players do their share of acting. when you see a QB flop down when a LB barely touches him, youll see.

Imperial_Samura
oh, NFL players do their share of acting. when you see a QB flop down when a LB barely touches him, youll see.

Yes, to be honest it is always something that has annoyed me about soccer and the like. While I like soccer and don't mind NFL, the acting sometimes irks me (I probably shouldn't call it acting, they might be in actual agony, even if they seem to bounce right back up when the appeal is granted/denied.)

Now the cricketers of the past. There were some men who tried to avoid showing pain, even after a particularly fast bouncer might have broken some of their ribs, and one chap, if I remember rightly, went back out and batted with his jaw wired - what with it having been broken by a delivery in the previous innings.

Rogue Jedi
watch an NBA game sometime. more flopping there than a braless 80 year old woman.

Imperial_Samura
watch an NBA game sometime. more flopping there than a braless 80 year old woman.

Now that is an image I didn't need to imagine. Shame on you.

But as to the NBA, I'm not really a basketball enthusiast I fear.

Rogue Jedi
NBA players, at least some of them, are notorious for this.

queeq
Example?

Rogue Jedi
example? do you really need one?

queeq
I'm not from the States... I don't follow the NBA.

Rogue Jedi
well, go to youtube and look for it.

queeq
Ah... too much trouble.

debbiejo
Basket ball is the most boring sport....but then so is football.......But baseballs fun, at least to play, and then there's hockey! I like playing the wing... big grin

Marxman
Football and basketball are way more fun to play than baseball. I like playing baseball but if there was a pick up game of football on one field and a pick up game of baseball on the diamond near by I'd definitely go to the football field.

Rogue Jedi
Ah... too much trouble.
then here you go, lazy boy.... wink

oyjcVKoZkKs

Imperial_Samura
Basket ball is the most boring sport....but then so is football.......But baseballs fun, at least to play, and then there's hockey! I like playing the wing... big grin

Hmmm, neither Bsketball or baseball is that big in Australia - I mean they are played, but no where near the level they are in the US. Even if they were - not a basketball fan nor a baseball fan.

Yet I like American football - although we get only get a few games televised here (such as the superbowl). Australia's biggest sports are cricket (probably the one I enjoy watching and playing the most), Rugby League and Rurby Union. Soccer has experiance a big surge since we got a team to the world cup. Tennis is also fairly popular.

queeq
THanks.

So tehre's a little push.... what's wrong with that?

Imperial_Samura
THanks.

That's what I ask myself. But then that is what happens when one has the chance to get a free shot by taking a fall while claiming one was pushed.

queeq
Pushing rules are pretty strict in Basketball... Nothing like European soccer...

Imperial_Samura
Pushing rules are pretty strict in Basketball... Nothing like European soccer...

True, true.

Rogue Jedi
THanks.

the defender flopped back way too much. i gotta find another one better.

queeq
Okay

debbiejo
I say the olimpics........I just love that.. cool

Rogue Jedi
the olympics? i like watching when the long distance skiers when they crash and burn.

debbiejo
Everything...........all the sports. The best of the best. I find it beautiful, well I do have my favorites.

Rogue Jedi
roll *****, roll!!! laughing out loud

PVS

whats also interesting is how unlike american sports, european sports suck.

BackFire
Originally posted by PVS

Hahahahahaha

debbiejo
roll *****, roll!!! laughing out loud I just love gymnastics since I used to quite good at it being short and all......... big grin

I like to see what the body is capable of doing, now that's a feat.

queeq
Originally posted by PVS

I think I can safely agree with you.

Rogue Jedi
I think I can safely agree with you.
i third that.

chillmeistergen
I am not educated as to how American football works, but this is not my fault. NFL is not broadcast in the UK and to be honest even if it was, we're so set in our own ways that it would go relatively unwatched.
I've watched some American football while I was in America and did not like it very much.

queeq
It's more strategic I think, just like Baseball. Soccer (or Football) is rougher I think, more passionate but therefor also a bit directionless. You either HAVE strategy on the field or you mess around.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.