the flash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

king leonidas
so david goyer officially no longer directing the flash movie. great. who takes over, shawn levy. yes the guy who made the pink panther remake, and night at the museum. so they just changed the director from the guy who killed blade, to the guy who made one of the worst films i've seen in a long time. great thank you warner bros. sick sick

NoFate007
I have absolutely no idea what the hell these executives think when they make decisions as bad as this. Their whole job is to try to make it so they create well-received money-making films. You can't make a film that makes money and is considered a good film if you hire a guy who has done nothing but shit so far!

"Let's see. Goyer was a big part of Batman Begins, the film generally thought of as the best superhero film to date, which was praised by fans of the comics, people who were not familiar with the comics, and by critics in general...and it made us a buttload of money. The hell with that. Let's get the guy who did the Pink Panther filmed that bombed at the box office and was panned by virtually everyone. That's the ticket."

Idiots. Total freakin idiots. Now instead of getting a film that has to do with the Flash and makes people see him in a different light than just "fast dude in red tights", we're gonna get just that.

Flash is a character that is frequently judged by the cover but shouldn't be. I'm guilty of this myself. For years, I thought Flash was just a fast guy who looked stupid with little gold wing things on his head. The more I read about him, the cooler he got. I actually consider Flash one of the most underrated (in terms of power as well) characters out there, and I know many other agree. To get someone who would do the research and make a genuine Flash film without trying to make it "the thing little kids want to go see this week and forget about by Monday morning", and then throw it away to get someone who has nothing good behind him to back up taking on an iconic character? I smell another comic book movie bomb. Get ready to listen to cheap throwaway laughter instead of a witty Wally.

Deathstroke
Yeah, I think Goyer was wanting to make the movie a little darker than the WB was wanting. I am glad that Levy has said that the movie will be a little lighter than BB and SR but won't be a comedy. I'm just really hoping he doesn't screw this up.

Deathstroke
In better news Goyer said that he's currently working on another project which takes place in the DC universe. He didn't say what it was yet, but I heard that a Deadman movie is one that WB was considering. That would probably fit more with Goyer.

LORDSIDIOUS01
I am glad David Goyer is not gonna do The Flash. Don't particularly care either way. I do know that Goyer will doing better things than The Flash.

NoFate007
Deadman film? Hm...

Deathstroke
Originally posted by NoFate007
Deadman film? Hm...

Goyer might not be working on Deadman after all.

http://www.ifmagazine.com/new.asp?article=3810

I'd really like to see what del Toro would do with it though.

NoFate007
I wouldn't be opposed to a Deadman film. I'd personally rather see a Green Lantern or Green Arrow film but I'd rather see Deadman than say, Stars and Stripes lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.