Darth Bane versus Yoda and Mace Windu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

allfg
Neutral setting, all characters are at their peaks based on what we know (BotS and RotS), and anything goes. Who wins?

kamhal
Yoda and windu wins. I doubt bane could beat yoda alone and now you join windu to the fight. Bane loses.

Darth Sexy
Yoda would defeat Bane by himself, adding Mace is overkill.

Lightsnake
Bane is ****ing slaughtered. Easily

Darth Sexy
easily? hardly. Yoda will win with much difficulty.

Lightsnake
Hardly. Yoda and Mace will kill him almost effortlessly together

Gideon
Bane's pretty damn powerful, but Yoda is stronger than he is. Adding Mace is just overkill. So they win comfortably.

allfg
Well let's see, Bane was able to create a miniature storm of lightning (which alone is beyond Sidious' lightning in RotS, that's right, the same lightning that Yoda struggled against) at a point in PoD where he had only a few months of training in the darkside. By BotS, after a couple of years experience with the darkside, and after two notable power surges, I'd be very surprised if Bane couldn't replicate the feat to much greater effect; at least 10 times the power and magnitude. So really, what's stopping Bane from just annihilating both with a storm of lightning at once? I'd personally say Bane owns them, bad.

Gideon
Originally posted by allfg
Well let's see, Bane was able to create a miniature storm of lightning (which alone is beyond Sidious' lightning in RotS, that's right, the same lightning that Yoda struggled against) at a point in PoD where he had only a few months of training in the darkside. By BotS, after a couple of years experience with the darkside, and after two notable power surges, I'd be very surprised if Bane couldn't replicate the feat to much greater effect; at least 10 times the power and magnitude. So really, what's stopping Bane from just annihilating both with a storm of lightning at once? I'd personally say Bane owns them, bad.

Right.

Anyways, half of that is speculation and your personal opinion (which is completely biased in favor of Bane). That's not evidence.

allfg
I'd say it's pretty sound speculation, but whatever. Even if all he could use is his minor storm of lightning, that would suffice; both Mace and Yoda struggled with Sidious' standard usage of lightning, and a storm is much beyond that.

Gideon
Originally posted by allfg
I'd say it's pretty sound speculation, but whatever. Even if all he could use is his minor storm of lightning, that would suffice; both Mace and Yoda struggled with Sidious' standard usage of lightning, and a storm is much beyond that.

"Pretty sound speculation", Sith'ari, isn't a sufficient substitute in the lieu of evidence. Evidence > all speculation. Secondly, you'll notice that Sidious used lightning three times during the duel with Yoda and once during the duel with Mace, so it's not like he spent the entire time blasting away at his opponents. Bane doesn't do that either, so I don't see where that's coming from.

I also don't see Bane overcoming the master of the most potent and deadliest lightsaber form in history - Vaapad - which is something that Bane has no familiarity with. Bane's not good with things that he hasn't memorized. So, that's one advantage Mace has, as well as the simple fact that Vaapad turns the darkness into a "weapon of the light". Then, you have Yoda, who is more powerful than Mace who can become a "whirlwind of destruction".

Bane isn't winning, and even if he does, it will be far from easy.

darthsith19
Bane's pretty strong but not strong enough to take out these two. Hardly anybody could take out Mace and Yoda at the same time.

Gideon
Originally posted by darthsith19
Bane's pretty strong but not strong enough to take out these two. Hardly anybody could take out Mace and Yoda at the same time.

And no one can "with ease".

allfg
OK Gideon, I'll post my reasoning.

1. Bane had only learnt how to summon force lightning an hour before doing said feat.

2. This was after only a few months training, and actually only just after a period where Bane had been not accepting the darkside, so he was basically back to square one at this point.

3. He gains over two years experience studying the darkside from this point onwards.

4. This was before his massive power surge where he comes across Revan's holocron.

5. This was before his massive power surge in BotS, where he comes across Nadd's holocron

6. This was before gaining the orbalisk armour, which constantly pumps Bane with darkside energies.

It's ridiculous to assume that he can't replicate the feat to a much much higher effect.

Edit - And again, even that minor storm would suffice.

allfg
So Bane takes this then yes, agreed?

Darth Sexy
No dumbass. Yoda=Sidious. Sidious>Bane. Both combatants can beat Bane with a saber, while Yoda can beat Bane with the force. Bane goes down hard.

allfg
I love how none of that is supported.

Darth Sexy
I love how all of it is supported and your fanboyism always contradicts logic and canon.
Sidious>Bane.. Has been proven no matter how many times you want to cry about it or pretend to offer an argument.
Sidious=Yoda..
Therefore
Yoda>Bane. Adding Mace=overkill. Quit crying.

Lightsnake
Except by directly written canon that only your opinion contradicts, right?

And still, two of the most powerful Jedi ever vs. Bane? Overkill

allfg
These canon statements, even if they were conclusive like you seem to think, would be simply retconned by in-story evidence. Bane is clearly above Yoda, random sourcebook statements don't change that.

Lightsnake
Lol. In-story evidence can't retcon definite statements, moron. The only contradiction is your rotting brain

allfg
Why not? You do realise that reference material (where you get all these blanket statements from) is based on in-universe material, right? Which would mean that in-universe material is primary, and > reference material.

Lightsnake
It's based on it, but takes an out of universe, omniscient, definitive view. Thus, cannot be retconned by canon on its same level with ambiguity

Darth Sexy
LOL. This is why you're a joke Nebaris.
Logic states, canon source puts yoda above Bane
Noobaris states that Bane is above Yoda because he wants to believe that, and random CANON statements don't change that. Nice debating skills dumbass.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Yoda and Master Windu slice up Bane.

jollyjim311
Scenarios where Bane could win this:

* Bane get a ship.
* Bane gets an army.
* Mace has to use an unconscious Yoda to take out Bane in melee (even then, a Yoda to the eye with Shatterpoint would be a *****).
* Bane is 8 times his normal size.
* Mace and Yoda are limbless.
* Mace and yoda have no lungs.
* Bane discovers the Crimson Gem of Cytorrak, and becomes one of his avatars.
* Mace and Yoda turn into a pair of common household objects.
* Mace and Yoda start buried four thousand feet down in the earth.
* Mace and Yoda are bonded together physically, in a very cumbersome way.
* Mace and Yoda must start off in the vacuum of space.
* Bane has Godzilla on his team.
* Bane has a week of prep time with Batman.
* Mace and Yoda start off taking up the same area, and Yoda is inside of Maces chest, killing them both.
* Mace and Yoda have amnesia.

Yeah... that's about it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.