Ghost Rider Box-office predictions!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vladimir
how much do you guys think this movie is going to make...what is the budget on this movie!?

if it makes over $100 million, i ll be happy.

Kazenji
Why are you worried about how much it makes sounds like you were actually making the film itself

LORDSIDIOUS01
Ghost Rider cost $120 million. I think it will make over $400 mill worldwide.

Vladimir
well the reason i am worried..is cuz i like the way the movie looks, and i think it deserves some good money... i liked daredevil, even though i thought it could be a lot better, but it made money it deserved. i think punisher should have made more...STUPID KILL BILL!

Draco69
It has f**king Nicholas Cage as Ghost Rider. I refuse to see it. Even non-comic fans think Nicholas Cage as Ghost Rider is just plain stupid...

Darth Vicious
When the teaser and the trailer came out for the first time months ago the movie seemed dark and kinda badass but the recent trailers make it look cheesy, specially with "Bad to the bone" playing in the background which reminds me of Al Bundy! I hope the movie dont suck.

Scoobless
I have no problem with Nicholas Cage, the guy is a decent actor ... who honestly cares if the actor doesn't look like the comic book character?

Character is far more important than appearance.

roughrider
I don't know. Mark Steven Johnson did screw up Daredevil for the most part.
That one opened to over $40 million, but had big & fresh star power with Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner, Colin Farell and Michael Clarke Duncan.
How much of a draw is Cage, anymore?

Opening between $20-30 million. After that...

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Draco69
It has f**king Nicholas Cage as Ghost Rider. I refuse to see it. Even non-comic fans think Nicholas Cage as Ghost Rider is just plain stupid...

Thats not what some non comic fans have told me. Ghost Rider deserves to be a success.

NoFate007
Ghost Rider won't be a box office sensation, I think, because it isn't as popular of a series as something like Spider-Man. However, I think it will make a decent amount of money. It all depends on how good it is. If its great, we'll see more people going to view it after the original weekend. If its terrible, we'll see a sharp decline. Kind of obvious, I know, but that's basically how a film like this will work.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Scoobless
Character is far more important than appearance.

Indeed. ermm

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/poster5.jpg

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by roughrider
I don't know. Mark Steven Johnson did screw up Daredevil for the most part.
That one opened to over $40 million, but had big & fresh star power with Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner, Colin Farell and Michael Clarke Duncan.
How much of a draw is Cage, anymore?

Opening between $20-30 million. After that...

The problem with Daredevil was that Ben Affleck should not have been in it. Also the storyline and his costume stunk up the place. Thats why DD wasn't a box office smash. Ghost Rider will be. Nic Cage has always wanted to play GR on screen.

NoFate007
Hahaha that picture is great Ash.

Kazenji
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
The problem with Daredevil was that Ben Affleck should not have been in it. Also the storyline and his costume stunk up the place. Thats why DD wasn't a box office smash. Ghost Rider will be. Nic Cage has always wanted to play GR on screen.

And also Nic is a Ghost Rider Fan so i'm guessing thats a Plus

Originally posted by roughrider
michael Clarke Duncan.

Yea MCD as the kingpin WTF ??

LORDSIDIOUS01
I look forward to at least one GR sequel.

Accel
I honestly don't know what to expect from the GR movie. The dialogue they show in the previews looks cheesy, but then again that's usually to be expected from a superhero flick. I know Cage is getting a lot of flak for starring in this film, but I personally see no problem with it.

I'm willing to check it out and hope for the best.

Darth Vicious
Im checking it out anyways but im hoping is dark or darker than the Punisher. I think it will be the top movie the weekend it comes out, mostly because theres really nothing good coming out that weekend, I think, plus is valentines weekend too plus Eva Mendez is in it!

LORDSIDIOUS01
I want to find out how comic book was translated on screen.

Darth Vicious
Well I just watched it and while some parts were entertaining, I was bored for the most part. I didnt expect Ghost Rider to be laughing like an idiot or make cheesy cowboy noises. Eve Mendez looked good but it looked like she was goofing around. I expected a more darker movie, maybe like Constantine.

StarsNeverFall7
Considering nicholas cage off screen is an avid car and bike collector, he fits the bill sitting on top of a chopper. No problems there. Some of the dialogue could use some work, but its a comic book movie, a lot of comic book dialogue could use some work.

They brought in the penace stare which I felt came out nicely, the fights were decent, but could of been a bit more in detail. The only real upset was not seeing blackheart in full true form..other than that its one of the better comic movies to of come out.

Badabing
Ghost Rider did an estimated $44.5 million. cool

xmarksthespot
Only a few million shy of Batman Begins. Not bad considering it's not that well known a property by comparison.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Draco69

Agreed 100%.

My sister, who has never picked up a comic book in her life, saw the trailer the other day and said, "Why the hell did they pick him?"

Juntai
I just saw it tonite...
Nothing special.

Would have been tons better if they would have went rated R instead of making a kids movie out of it.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Badabing
Ghost Rider did an estimated $44.5 million. cool Its actually closer to $52 mil.

FOOM
First 10 minutes were a lesson in bad writing. I understand they needed some exposition for the story but it came off as painfully contrived.
The rest of the story was good, but with 2 major failings:
They blew 2 opportunities to have a great fight scene (his battles against wind and water were weak)
and THE GHOSTRIDER DOESN'T MAKE STUPID JOKES!!!
His parting words to Mesistophiles were also corny. The idea is right, but there has to be a better way to say it.
P.S. I think Nick cage and Sam Elliot are fine actors who did a decent job with the weak dialogue they were given.

SpaceMonkey
I agree that they could have done more wit the fight scenes. Everything else was fine for the type of movie it was. I would have preffered an R rating for this though.

id369
The movie does not honor the comic book.

And um...the villains ware god awful.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Praise for a film that will make 400 million worldwide.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Only a few million shy of Batman Begins. Not bad considering it's not that well known a property by comparison. That's true. But alot of the Marvel movies seem to have grand openings but then fall flat on their face afterwords. Hulk and FF both beat Batman Begins on opening weekend but Batman Begins went on to gross more overall. Same with Superman Returns.

I see Ghost Rider making around 120 mill. domestic when it's all said and done.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by id369
The movie does not honor the comic book.

And um...the villains ware god awful.

Yes it does

boriquaking55
I expect a huge dropoff in gross in the subsequent weeks

$100-110 million

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Juntai
I just saw it tonite...
Nothing special.

Would have been tons better if they would have went rated R instead of making a kids movie out of it. Exactly, but I went in this afternoon expecting poor, so I thopught it was fairly well. Cage did well(although some dialogue was lame but pulled it off) and had

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by boriquaking55
I expect a huge dropoff in gross in the subsequent weeks

$100-110 million

GR is doing very well. I expect 40 mil this week. Still think 400 mil worldwide.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
GR is doing very well. I expect 40 mil this week. Still think 400 mil worldwide. Not a chance at 400 mill. worldwide.

120 million domestic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.