Is VISTA worth it/VISTA theme?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LifeInSepia
Well, should i upgrade? And does anyone know where i can get a theme that'll make XP look like VISTA? I have the cursors off a friend, and an explorer thats transparent (:eeksmile but it only works in one window. Can anyone help me?

LinixCobra
First of all there are 4 different types of Windows Vistas. Second of all you need to meet the minimum requirements of each Vista to be able to run that OS on your PC. At the moment I would say not everyone is capable of using VISTA because their computer are not strong enough to run it in terms of hardware. This is why it takes a new OS a few years to kick in and be a more common OS.

guy222
Originally posted by LifeInSepia
Well, should i upgrade? And does anyone know where i can get a theme that'll make XP look like VISTA? I have the cursors off a friend, and an explorer thats transparent (:eeksmile but it only works in one window. Can anyone help me?

I made my own computer. Unlimited speed, firewalls etc. Cheaper and so, so fast. Vista is a joke. No wonder its not ready yet

LifeInSepia
Originally posted by LinixCobra
First of all there are 4 different types of Windows Vistas. Second of all you need to meet the minimum requirements of each Vista to be able to run that OS on your PC. At the moment I would say not everyone is capable of using VISTA because their computer are not strong enough to run it in terms of hardware. This is why it takes a new OS a few years to kick in and be a more common OS.

thats not what i asked. I want to know if VISTA is worth it.

dirkdirden
No vista is not worth it for most people. XP will work just fine for everything you will need to do.

But for the computer nerd and experimentalist Vista is way worth it tons of cool shit you can do with it, but all the nerds already know that because they are nerds.

Bloigen
Originally posted by dirkdirden
No vista is not worth it for most people. XP will work just fine for everything you will need to do.

But for the computer nerd and experimentalist Vista is way worth it tons of cool shit you can do with it, but all the nerds already know that because they are nerds.

I got Vista on one of my laptops. I'm not a nerd. weep

dirkdirden
Originally posted by Bloigen
I got Vista on one of my laptops. I'm not a nerd. weep

Lies you are a nerd.

The laptop is proably new and came with vista so your not a nerd.

nm you are a nerd becuase you bought vista.

no you are not a nerd becuase you downloaded it just to check it out.

NERD you want to test out Ximage.

sorry I'm stupid, and a little crazy.

Bloigen
Originally posted by dirkdirden
no you are not a nerd becuase you downloaded it just to check it out.

Woohoo! I'm not a nerd.

Thorinn
Woohoo! Bloigens a nerd.

Barker
Originally posted by Thorinn
Woohoo! Bloigens a nerd.
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/report.gif

Thorinn
*Reports* gurs

Fire
it looks pretty great, but I don't care about how my OS looks. I put it all in black and metallic anywayz. The prereqs are far too high to run it decent if I don't invest heavily. Over here it costs way too much! so why would I pay so much money for an OS that has tons of bugs in it, requires a shitload of hardware and doesn't even do that much!

Mišt
Yeah....wont be changing anytime soon...could run it, but dont see the point...'woohoo multiple tabbed windows'....

@Life - Yeah, you can get a bunch of XP mods, I've got a few skins/log on screens and crap, search around. Had one that allowed that stupid tabbed window thing, but its teh gay after a while.

LinixCobra

So basically you want VISTA because it looks good and not because of what it can do? Typical average computer user.

Bloigen
So basically you want VISTA because it looks good and not because of what it can do? Typical average computer user.

Sounds like someone has a superiority complex. petpet

LifeInSepia

i dont think i said that confused

LinixCobra
Try this site then...

http://www.wincustomize.com/index.aspx?u=0&c=1

doan_m
Does Vista eat up the battery life on your laptop in contrast to XP?

doan_m
And does anyone know where i can get a theme that'll make XP look like VISTA? I have the cursors off a friend, and an explorer thats transparent (:eeksmile but it only works in one window. Can anyone help me?
There are some installers that will make iXP look completely like Vista, but all the versions that I have run into are bugged straight to hell. Two glaring problems that I can recall on the top of my head are as follows: -USB 2.0 will read like the 1.0 version so USB drives will run slower.
-Some lazy sods who have forgotten to register their key in the Service Pack 2 edition and install the Vista theme ends up being taken to the force registration window, weeks before they have to.

TOH
Originally posted by Bloigen
I got Vista on one of my laptops. I'm not a nerd. weep Do you have laptopS? What the f**k?

*plans Bloigens kidnapping* herb

Bloigen
Originally posted by doan_m
Does Vista eat up the battery life on your laptop in contrast to XP?

Sure does, there's atleast one to two hours difference.

Originally posted by TOH
Do you have laptopS? What the f**k?

*plans Bloigens kidnapping* herb

herbcry

§P0oONY
I set up my PC to look like a Mac.... I'm awesome.

Thorinn
But it's not a Mac.

And never will be, unless you actually buy one, then you're awesome.

§P0oONY
But it's not a Mac.

I'm sorry but I like a large selection of software.

doan_m

Tptmanno1
But it's not a Mac.

agreed...
Vista is just OSX but like 5 years behind...

LinixCobra

LifeInSepia
You can dual boot in MAC between OSX and VISTA/XP/2000

linix, no offense but your sig is making my grunge brushes cry.

TOH

guy222
Try this site then...

Are those adware and spyware free from wincust?

doan_m
Originally posted by TOH
haermm and a wide variety of viruses...

Eh its usually a general rule that the largest OS gets the most attention when it comes to virus making. Besides going by an equal cost basis computers with Windows always outperforms Mac based computers, but Mac base are better with other multimedia.

gamu
I dont think vista is of a great worth now. It will
be of great value only when Microsft people start
giving it for free .

Stalker 360
i wouldnt know if its worth the money i got it for free *legally* anyway it does have nice new features. but dosnt seem hugely different i mainly wanted it to play H2V. in the end the choice is up to you.

FistOfThe North
Vista just looks prettier.

It's Win XP with red high heels and red lipstick. Same person though.

SpartanII
Try this site then...

woohoo! free addware and viruses! thanks big grin

LinixCobra
Originally posted by SpartanII
woohoo! free addware and viruses! thanks big grin

What are you talking about.. ive used this site many times and there is no such thing.

SpartanII
What are you talking about.. ive used this site many times and there is no such thing.

i used it once and had to re-install XP.

SilverWave
i know nothing about computers, but i just bought a laptop and it came with vista.... i haven't figured out how to use it yet.....

LinixCobra
i used it once and had to re-install XP.

Why.. because you didnt know how to change back the theme?

SpartanII
Why.. because you didnt know how to change back the theme?

no, because it gave me a ma-hoo-sive virus.

please do not insult my intelligence again.

LinixCobra
no, because it gave me a ma-hoo-sive virus.

please do not insult my intelligence again.

you do release that in order to use these themes you have to bypass Windows XP security right?

please dont make me laugh laughing out loud

SpikeSpiegel
I hate vista! Definatly not worth it. My PC should run it fine it's 3.5 Ghz processor, 4Gb RAM, yadaa yadaa yadaa and yet it still takes 5-10 minutes to even get to the desktop from turning the PC on, sometimes longer. It runs slower that a tortoise. They've moved things from their logical places in XP. It constantly asks if it's ok to run a program. The only nice thing about it is the fancy looks, but they're not worth all the hassle I've had with it.

SpartanII
you do release that in order to use these themes you have to bypass Windows XP security right?

please dont make me laugh laughing out loud

you do realise that is retarded and not worth the effort? and that realise is spelled realise, and not release?

please dont make me laugh.

Prabhodh
you do realise that is retarded and not worth the effort? and that realise is spelled realise, and not release?

laughing out loud

LinixCobra

wow what some people will do just to e-flex their muscle... so I typed a word that I didnt want to use... oops... quickly now, go alert the internet police of this crime right away and have them lock me up forever... IM GUILTY

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.