Astronaut Faces Attempted Murder Charge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ana P
Video Link

Story Link

Crazy Love Triangle

Seems like something from a movie...

Might even get turned into a movie later...

debbiejo
I thought everybody carried those things around....... confused

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Ana P
Video Link

Story Link

Crazy Love Triangle

Seems like something from a movie...

Might even get turned into a movie later...

Yep, looks like something that would be on the cover of a bullshit gossip tabloid.

Oncewhite
Well, for starters, she was a pilot, we all know she is smart.

The one thing I haven't heard from news reports is if going out to space did anything in her chemical balance (brain), I know they go through a lot of testing b4 going to space, but I have heard that even the bone density of astronauts change maybe they make better space suits, but I wonder some things:

Pilots are usually good looking people, so maybe they are picking to many smart yet narcissistic people to go to space (b/c eventually, they will be in tv)

I wonder if her size (she seemed to weigh about 90 lbs) could have been a problem, as the smaller you are, the more easier you are susceptible to elemental changes.

I don't know how long she was out in space, but I have read that these things do effect the mind of SOME people.

I think they should do an MRI (brain scan) on her, to make sure she is truly ok, sad story, and maybe she needs to be on meds for a while.

Oncewhite
also, she is very competitive, to get to where she is in life, she had to be very very competitive, and i think they should do a strong analysis of the astronauts after the land back on earth, blood chemstry analysis, brain scans, etc. I think with this particular person, I am glad her plans were spoiled, but I pray that they really do a good chemical analysis on her and make sure she's not diabetic (as that causes mental problems sometimes).

Mindship
Methinks she burnt out her fuse up there.

Oncewhite
Originally posted by Mindship
Methinks she burnt out her fuse up there.

yeah, no one is doubting that, the speculation is WHY, does it have anything to do with going out to space in the first place, she is a tiny woman, so, not sure if the elemental changes could have disrupted something, seriously, zero gravity, u can feel the difference in play simulators...who knows, i know that the smaller something is, the less of a dose it needs to effect it, and she's a tiny little woman.

Ana P
Originally posted by Oncewhite
I have heard that even the bone density of astronauts change maybe they make better space suits,

Bone and Muscle deterioration is the cause of weightlessness in space. Better space suits really can won't make a difference wink

Oncewhite
Originally posted by Ana P
Bone and Muscle deterioration is the cause of weightlessness in space. Better space suits really can won't make a difference wink

Yup, everybody knows that one, but thanks.

The issue is the mind, and how radiation effects the brain...

"Mental preparation for Mars
Psychologists craft systems to lessen the mental strains astronauts might face 100 million miles away from earth.

BY SADIE F. DINGFELDER
Monitor Staff
Print version: page 24

"As psychological research has well documented, the stress of being in an enclosed space with a small group of people for long periods of time can result in cognitive decline, depression and interpersonal conflicts in an otherwise well-adjusted group , says Harrison. These problems, however minor, can easily escalate into a disaster in an experimental spacecraft or any other environment already fraught with danger, he notes. "

Either way, it's not a funny matter, the lady IS married with 3 kids, how does her husband feel, and her kids? And to think of the poor woman who got sprayed, all of this is just not funny.

http://www.apa.org/monitor/julaug04/mental.html

Oncewhite
not sure if the " cognitive decline" of the person most effected continues as they return back to earth....

Ana P
Either way, it's not a funny matter, the lady IS married with 3 kids, how does her husband feel, and her kids? And to think of the poor woman who got sprayed, all of this is just not funny.

I never laughed... no expression

Mindship
yeah, no one is doubting that, the speculation is WHY, does it have anything to do with going out to space in the first place, she is a tiny woman, so, not sure if the elemental changes could have disrupted something, seriously, zero gravity, u can feel the difference in play simulators...who knows, i know that the smaller something is, the less of a dose it needs to effect it, and she's a tiny little woman.

I was just thinking of the Elton John song..."burning out his fuse up here alone..."

Oncewhite
Originally posted by Mindship
I was just thinking of the Elton John song..."burning out his fuse up here alone..."

i like EJ, but that song doesn't ring a bell..

Oncewhite
Here's info I never knew (i hope this isn't a joke)

"Astronauts wear diapers during lift-off, reentry, and while on spacewalks. As soon as the spacecraft reaches orbit astronauts remove their orange survival suits (diapers included) and put on regular clothes for the rest of the mission. Because astronauts sit on the launch pad, strapped into their seats for over three hours, they all have to wear diapers. Astronauts also wear diapers when they are working in space during spacewalks which normally last 5-8 hours. In both cases, changing out of the spacesuit to go to the bathroom just takes too long."

http://www.thestranger.com/blog/2007/02/got_the_right_stuff
I hope her kids aren't made fun of at school and I pray her husband is strong.

Mindship
i like EJ, but that song doesn't ring a bell..
Rocket Man

She packed my bags last night pre-flight
Zero hour nine a.m.
And i'm gonna be high as a kite by then
I miss the earth so much i miss my wife
It's lonely out in space
On such a timeless flight

And i think it's gonna be a long long time
Till touch down brings me round again to find
I'm not the man they think i am at home
Oh no no no i'm a rocket man
Rocket man burning out his fuse up here alone

Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids
In fact it's cold as hell
And there's no one there to raise them if you did
And all this science i don't understand
It's just my job five days a week
A rocket man, a rocket man

And i think it's gonna be a long long time...

In other news... The media seems to love mentioning this, as if somehow it "proves" she was already fuse-blown.

amity75
After driving 900 miles I have this mental image of her trying to get out her car while wearing a diaper that weighs 100lbs. She certainly had no chance of running after her victim.

Ana P
Here's info I never knew (i hope this isn't a joke)

"Astronauts wear diapers during lift-off, reentry, and while on spacewalks. As soon as the spacecraft reaches orbit astronauts remove their orange survival suits (diapers included) and put on regular clothes for the rest of the mission. Because astronauts sit on the launch pad, strapped into their seats for over three hours, they all have to wear diapers. Astronauts also wear diapers when they are working in space during spacewalks which normally last 5-8 hours. In both cases, changing out of the spacesuit to go to the bathroom just takes too long."

http://www.thestranger.com/blog/2007/02/got_the_right_stuff
I hope her kids aren't made fun of at school and I pray her husband is strong.

Didn't they say her and her husband weren't together.

I thought I heard something about that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.