Marvel Cross-over Films? Should they...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jade Lightning
I know some ppl aren't huge fans of all of the Marvel mainstream film productions over the last six years; I for one was highly disappointed with Hulk, X3, and a few of the lesser titles, but I loved X2, Spiderman and Spiderman 2, and I thought Punisher and Daredevil were good. (Except for Ben Afleck, of course)

I know that eventually they're probably going to do a live-action Avengers movie, and I was wondering if anyone thinks they might start doing more Marvel cross-over movies in the coming years. I for one think it would be a great idea, to have some of the big marvel cross-over arcs on the silver screen, but I understand it would be a hefty project that many directors and studios might think was unfocused on a single character and so-on.

I realize not all the same actors would return for their roles in a cross-over, such as Toby Mac and Hugh Jackman, but I guess we could just think of it as another artist's interpretation of what the character looks like. ppl tend to flip when the actor in a movie changes, mostly because they're familiar with the looks and presence of the old actor, but nobody gets upset with changing artwork and presentation of the characters in comics form.

So, will they, should they, and if they should, what should they do for Marvel Cross-over movies in the future?

spidey-dude
i always wanted them to do a movie of the 4 comic books they did year before last of jla vs avengers. that would be a good story in the movie.

boriquaking55
There's little chance of crossovers being made into movies because of all the different studios owning rights to characters and the fighting that would ensue over whom has the rights to use what - even though it should be Marvel's say....sadly it isn't. Politics basically.

Jade Lightning
Yeah I agree but I still think it would be cool, even to have a vs title, cuz there are so many of those in comics these days, and while obviously it's going to be an action movie there are vs movies that can come with good stories.

BTW when did the JLA fight the Avengers?

spidey-dude
Originally posted by boriquaking55
There's little chance of crossovers being made into movies because of all the different studios owning rights to characters and the fighting that would ensue over whom has the rights to use what - even though it should be Marvel's say....sadly it isn't. Politics basically. some of the studios work together with marvel and DC.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.