Defenders vs. Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Faceman
Avengers:

1. Wanda
2. Thor
3. Sentry
4. Quasar
5. Sersi
6. Cap

Defenders:

1. Strange
2. Surfer
3. Hulk ( Savage)
4. Namor (black suit)
5. Valkyrie
6. Iceman

Who wins?

guy222
Originally posted by Faceman
Avengers:

1. Wanda
2. Thor
3. Sentry
4. Quasar
5. Sersi
6. Cap

Defenders:

1. Strange
2. Surfer
3. Hulk ( Savage)
4. Namor (black suit)
5. Valkyrie
6. Iceman

Who wins?

Defenders

Symmetric Chaos
Defenders FAM

King_Mungi
Avengers, HOM Wanda cleans house herself, Sentry has already out-powered Strange's magic and Thor can stalemate Surfer until others come to his aid.

guy222
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Avengers, HOM Wanda cleans house herself, Sentry has already out-powered Strange's magic and Thor can stalemate Surfer until others come to his aid.

Do u think Wanda can stop Bobby Drake?

Symmetric Chaos
Avengers, HOM Wanda cleans house herself

Thread Starter didn't say HOMWanda (unless thats the only current one).

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Thread Starter didn't say HOMWanda (unless thats the only current one). She's the most recent Wanda other than amnesiac Wanda spending all her time shopping in the mountings, blurring her hair into the water-colored scenery and ****ing Hawkeye. ermm

King_Mungi
Originally posted by guy222
Do u think Wanda can stop Bobby Drake?

Easily, she was universial and affected the omni-verse as well

Thread Starter didn't say HOMWanda (unless thats the only current one).

Usually if not stipulated what version you go by the current incarnation of the character. That's HOM Wanda

Symmetric Chaos
That's HOM Wanda

Didn't know that.

jasofisc
Easily, she was universial and affected the omni-verse as well

Usually if not stipulated what version you go by the current incarnation of the character. That's HOM Wanda

isn't the most recent one the one that isn't using her powers anymore?

anyway if he did mean hom wanda then he just made a spite thread. if not and it is pre-hom wanda then i give it to the defenders

King_Mungi
Didn't know that.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/308157_1-forum-rules-read-me

"Rules/Standard Fight Settings

In most cases, the poster who originally set up the versus fight determines the conditions of the fight itself (ex. If a character like Superman is in a thread, it'll be assumed that it's the current version unless mentioned otherwise by the thread starter, the same goes with Thanos without the IG, and so on). However, in the cases where the original poster did not set down any contraints or conditions for the fight, then the match would default to the standard rules below."

Originally posted by jasofisc

anyway if he did mean hom wanda then he just made a spite thread. if not and it is pre-hom wanda then i give it to the defenders

She still has access to the power, it's just like in HOM she perfered the world to know her as powerless and took a back seat.

Faceman

anyway if he did mean hom wanda then he just made a spite thread. if not and it is pre-hom wanda then i give it to the defenders Its not HOM, cause it would be spite. I would have ( ) specified HOM, just like i classified Namor, and Hulk.

Symmetric Chaos
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/308157_1-forum-rules-read-me

"Rules/Standard Fight Settings

In most cases, the poster who originally set up the versus fight determines the conditions of the fight itself (ex. If a character like Superman is in a thread, it'll be assumed that it's the current version unless mentioned otherwise by the thread starter, the same goes with Thanos without the IG, and so on). However, in the cases where the original poster did not set down any contraints or conditions for the fight, then the match would default to the standard rules below."

I knew all that. What I didn't know was that HOMWanda was considered current.

King_Mungi
Its not HOM, cause it would be spite. I would have ( ) specified HOM, just like i classified Namor, and Hulk.

Should have stipulated it wasn't HOM as per the rules, but regardless just regular old Wanda is no match for Strange. However, Sentry has shown he can be. Then all they have to worry about is Surfer who Thor is still fighting off.

Avengers still win, they have Quasar and Sersi...heck Sersi has turned Thor into a frog.

jasofisc
when has sentry beaten strange or anything like that?

savage hulk has taken out thor a number of times as well.

if strange or surfer can get to quasar he's going down.

King_Mungi
when has sentry beaten strange or anything like that?

savage hulk has taken out thor a number of times as well.

if strange or surfer can get to quasar he's going down.

Sadly in the Sentry mini.

Rules of the board no PIS/CIS. Thor could easily BFR

Quasar alone has taken it to Surfer.

Faceman
Avengers:

1. Wanda
2. Thor
3. Sentry
4. Quasar
5. Sersi
6. Cap

Defenders:

1. Strange
2. Surfer
3. Hulk ( Savage)
4. Namor (black suit)
5. Valkyrie
6. Iceman

Who wins?
1. Wanda vs. Iceman
2. Thor vs. Surfer
3. Sentry vs. Strange
4. Sersi vs. Valkyrie
5. Quasar vs. Namor
6. Cap vs. Hulk

King_Mungi
1. Wanda = Iceman (depends on first strike)
2. Thor < Surfer
3. Sentry > Strange
4. Sersi > Valkyrie
5. Quasar > Namor
6. Cap < Hulk

Faceman
So you're saying draw?

King_Mungi
So you're saying draw?

In what regard? because Avengers if the matchups are like that would have more power hitters on their team than the Defenders.

Faceman
But if Strange uses his power correctly, he can raise an army of demons to fight by their side.

King_Mungi
But if Strange uses his power correctly, he can raise an army of demons to fight by their side.

He doesn't have prep, and Strange was actually afraid of Sentry and Sentry overpowered his magic......yippie, I truely dislike Sentry.

Symmetric Chaos
Sentry overpowered his magic

But nothing says he can over power things that Strange summons. (the others can focus on protecting him)

Faceman
Hey how come everyone's staying away from the Defenders vs. DC team thread?

King_Mungi
But nothing says he can over power things that Strange summons. (the others can focus on protecting him)

Well considering the whole power of a "million exploding suns" is coming to reality he damn well could. Absorbing Man couldn't even absorb his power, and AM has gone against Odin himself.

I dislike Sentry

Haven't read it yet

guy222

its a good thread, staying w/defenders. bobby can freeze wanda. i thought it was quicksilver who started the warping. warpers pretty good

Draco69
Well considering the whole power of a "million exploding suns" is coming to reality he damn well could. Absorbing Man couldn't even absorb his power, and AM has gone against Odin himself.

Which is why Sentry is a piece of sh** character.

He's like Jeph Loeb's wet dream. A character who can beat anyone else just because he said so.

The AM thing was crap. He can take Odin and Galactus's energy with no problems but Sentry is too much for him.

Strange can handle cosmic threats like Shuma-Gorath and even the Living Tribunal temporarily but he can't handle Sentry?

Bullsh**....

King_Mungi
its a good thread, staying w/defenders. bobby can freeze wanda. i thought it was quicksilver who started the warping. warpers pretty good

huh? QS never was a warper he was a speedster and then a time traveler.

A hex bolt can do serious damage is she connects first.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Draco69
Which is why Sentry is a piece of sh** character.

He's like Jeph Loeb's wet dream. A character who can beat anyone else just because he said so.

The AM thing was crap. He can take Odin and Galactus's energy with no problems but Sentry is too much for him.

Strange can handle cosmic threats like Shuma-Gorath and even the Living Tribunal temporarily but he can't handle Sentry?

Bullsh**....

Case in point my loathing for Sentry...and he is constantly being force-fed us like we actually care sad

Faceman
1. Wanda > Iceman
2. Thor < Surfer
3. Sentry <Strange
4. Sersi > Valkyrie
5. Quasar >. Namor
6. Cap < Hulk

1. Sersi <Surfer
2. Wanda < Strange
3. Quasar > Hulk

1. Surfer and Strange > Quasar

Anybody see this differently?

Accel
Good fight. I'd give it to the Defenders. Strange can take out Sersi. Surfer can at least hold off Quasar for Strange to help him double-team him. Then, while Hulk, Namor, and Iceman are dealing with every body else, Strange can concoct some spell to take them all out.

King_Mungi
1. Sersi <Surfer
2. Wanda < Strange
3. Quasar > Hulk

That's the problem with 12 characters it's hard to predict who will fight who and what the outcome will be. That's why I think in the rules the max characters allowed are 3 vs. 3

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Accel
Good fight. I'd give it to the Defenders. Strange can take out Sersi. Surfer can at least hold off Quasar for Strange to help him double-team him. Then, while Hulk, Namor, and Iceman are dealing with every body else, Strange can concoct some spell to take them all out.

Where's Sentry in all this?

Also with Sentry around, Hulk would fight with Sentry not against

Accel
Where's Sentry in all this?

Also with Sentry around, Hulk would fight with Sentry not against
I see him dealing with Hulk. I don't see why the calming aura would work in a fight where Hulk has to absolutely go all out, so he'll have his hands full. But if it does affect him, he can at least stall him long enough for Iceman to flash-freeze him.

Hulk only calms fown with that aura because it makes him feel good, though it doesn't really have nay hynotic affect.

Faceman
That's the problem with 12 characters it's hard to predict who will fight who and what the outcome will be. That's why I think in the rules the max characters allowed are 3 vs. 3 Fair enough, how would you pit them against each other, and show you're winners...

King_Mungi
I see him dealing with Hulk. I don't see why the calming aura would work in a fight where Hulk has to absolutely go all out, so he'll have his hands full. But if it does affect him, he can at least stall him long enough for Iceman to flash-freeze him.

.....what happened to the good old speedblitz he has? Also Hulk can't go all out against him as he has a calming affect on him as stated. He would do anything for Sentry as he considers him a friend.

King_Mungi
Fair enough, how would you pit them against each other, and show you're winners...

I already picked one scenario, but there's many more. I honestly can't say how it will pan out.

Faceman
That's the problem with 12 characters it's hard to predict who will fight who and what the outcome will be. That's why I think in the rules the max characters allowed are 3 vs. 3 But then we could never do team battles... sad

King_Mungi
But then we could never do team battles... sad

Technically were not suppose to, but usually you can still easily pick the outcome of team battles pretty easily. Here it's pretty close and depends on the matchups in the fight.

guy222
1. Sersi <Surfer
2. Wanda < Strange
3. Quasar > Hulk

Sersi>SS
DS>Wanda
Hulk>Quasar

King_Mungi
errrr...Hulk > Quasar?

Mungi sad sad

Accel
.....what happened to the good old speedblitz he has? Also Hulk can't go all out against him as he has a calming affect on him as stated. He would do anything for Sentry as he considers him a friend.
I don't see Sentry's speed blitz as effective as most do. He doesn't seem to have reflexes that fast and I can see Hulk reacting to him in time. Assuming he doesn't, however, he can still buy enough time for Strange/Surfer to take out their opponents and then Surfer can deal with Sentry.

The calming aura only makes him feel better, but it doesn't put him under a trance or any thing. It's like how two best friends in comics can still fight each other to the death on these forums. Hulk also considers the Defenders his friends as well, even if he does quarrel with them. Well, at least until Strange helped blast him into space.

Symmetric Chaos
Hulk>Quasar

Channeling xmeat I see.

I think the Defenders can pull off a majority.

Faceman
Sersi>SS
DS>Wanda
Hulk>Quasar Off course thats your opinion...Have a blessed week... cool

King_Mungi
I don't see Sentry's speed blitz as effective as most do. He doesn't seem to have reflexes that fast and I can see Hulk reacting to him in time. Assuming he doesn't, however, he can still buy enough time for Strange/Surfer to take out their opponents and then Surfer can deal with Sentry.

The calming aura only makes him feel better, but it doesn't put him under a trance or any thing. It's like how two best friends in comics can still fight each other to the death on these forums. Hulk also considers the Defenders his friends as well, even if he does quarrel with them. Well, at least until Strange helped blast him into space.

He flew to the sun in seconds, how could you not have fast reflexes? also he apparently is 5 seconds ahead of everyone else stated in his first Sentry mini so yes his reflexes by all accounts are vastly higher. Depends on who fights Strange first, even BRB has ko'ed Strange pretty easily wink

It makes him feel better and more docile, hell Hulk was considered his sidekick. Did you see what the Void did to the Hulk? the Void = Sentry. Actually he disliked the Defenders, and didn't like how he was used. Even Professor Hulk told Strange to bugger off as he felt he used him as a toy
----
edit: frig I can't spell tonight

Accel
He flew to the sun in seconds, how could you not have fast reflexes? also he apparently is 5 seconds ahead of everyone else stated in his first Sentry mini so yes his reflexes by all accounts are vastly higher. Depends on who fights Strange first, even BRB has ko'ed Strange pretty easily wink

It makes me feel better and more docile, hell Hulk was considered his sidekick. Did you see what the Void did to the Hulk? the Void = Sentry. Actually he disliked the Defenders, and didn't like how he was used. Even Professor Hulk told Strange to bugger off as he felt he used him as a toy
His state in the time flux doesn't really seem to mean much. I interpreted that to mean he could see what would happen 2-5 seconds into the future, but if that were the case, he'd never be taken by surprise like he has been when Hulk snuck on him in the cave or when Absorbing Man knocked him through a building. His reflexes just don't seem to be that fast.

I'm not convinced Sentry is equal to the Void. I don't see Sentry handling all of Earth's heroes like the Void did. Then again, Sentry easily threw the Void into sun without any real problems. Their respective power levels seem to fluctuate.

Hulk fought a lot with the Defenders, but as there seems to be some kind of bond that isn;t shown much. Namor, who's easily fought with Hulk more than any other Defender, defended him when the Illuminati planned to send him into space. On at least two occasions, Surfer remarked to Hulk about sharing a bond due to the time they spent as teammates.

King_Mungi
His state in the time flux doesn't really seem to mean much. I interpreted that to mean he could see what would happen 2-5 seconds into the future, but if that were the case, he'd never be taken by surprise like he has been when Hulk snuck on him in the cave or when Absorbing Man knocked him through a building. His reflexes just don't seem to be that fast.

I'm not convinced Sentry is equal to the Void. I don't see Sentry handling all of Earth's heroes like the Void did. Then again, Sentry easily threw the Void into sun without any real problems. Their respective power levels seem to fluctuate.

Hulk fought a lot with the Defenders, but as there seems to be some kind of bond that isn;t shown much. Namor, who's easily fought with Hulk more than any other Defender, defended him when the Illuminati planned to send him into space. On at least two occasions, Surfer remarked to Hulk about sharing a bond due to the time they spent as teammates.

The wonders of PIS/CIS, it's not rare to see writers disregard characters powers to write a story you know that. He was looking for the Hulk as he needed him to protect him while in the Negative Zone. Also Sentry even admited he was holding back during the AM fight.

.....that's what was stated in both the Sentry mini's and New Avengers. Hell it was revealed the Void is Sentry and Sentry is the Void told in the new mini. Also Sentry has even stated he holds back most of the time, as the stronger he gets the stronger Void gets and that's why he had to give up his power in the first place. I take it you havn't read the mini's...don't...first one was meh!, second was bad. Void's also is at his strongest during the night

They can feel bonds towards him, but Hulk has directly stated he doesn't have the same bonds. Even during the Hulk Amnestry ark he once again tells Strange to bugger off he wants no part of him.

Accel
The wonders of PIS/CIS, it's not rare to see writers disregard characters powers to write a story you know that. He was looking for the Hulk as he needed him to protect him while in the Negative Zone. Also Sentry even admited he was holding back during the AM fight.

.....that's what was stated in both the Sentry mini's and New Avengers. Hell it was revealed the Void is Sentry and Sentry is the Void told in the new mini. Also Sentry has even stated he holds back most of the time, as the stronger he gets the stronger Void gets and that's why he had to give up his power in the first place. I take it you havn't read the mini's...don't...first one was meh!, second was bad. Void's also is at his strongest during the night

They can feel bonds towards him, but Hulk has directly stated he doesn't have the same bonds. Even during the Hulk Amnestry ark he once again tells Strange to bugger off he wants no part of him.
It could be argued to be CIS, but the thing is it never helps him at all. The only time it really came up in a fight was in his fight against Iron Man, and even then it didn't help him then. The ability to see into the future just about never comes into play, which tells me it's not really much of a power, so I'm not so sure it's really CIS.

I read 'em- confusing as the second one was- but they can't seem to decide what the Void's relation to the Sentry is. At first it seems the Void's the Sentry's dark side. Then it seems the Void is in Reynolds's head. Then it seems the Void is Robert Reynolds and the Sentry is just some separate identity. THEN Sentry claims he is also Robert Reynolds while Void claims the same.

So while they very well could be equal, they also tend to be very opposite. While int he Negative Zone, Sentry wasn't feeling right, which could very mean that the Void was stronger. And later when Sentry feels right for once, he casually throws the Void into the sun, which seems to imply that while Sentry became stronger with confidence, Void became weaker.

They pretty much stated as much, even in the most recent Defenders mini. But Hulk tended to think of the Surfer as a good friend recently in Planet Hulk. He's teamed up with Namor on at least one occasion where they tried to take out the Avengers. Even with the Sentry retcon, I believe Namor and possibly the others have known Hulk longer than Sentry has.

King_Mungi
It could be argued to be CIS, but the thing is it never helps him at all. The only time it really came up in a fight was in his fight against Iron Man, and even then it didn't help him then. The ability to see into the future just about never comes into play, which tells me it's not really much of a power, so I'm not so sure it's really CIS.

I read 'em- confusing as the second one was- but they can't seem to decide what the Void's relation to the Sentry is. At first it seems the Void's the Sentry's dark side. Then it seems the Void is in Reynolds's head. Then it seems the Void is Robert Reynolds and the Sentry is just some separate identity. THEN Sentry claims he is also Robert Reynolds while Void claims the same.

So while they very well could be equal, they also tend to be very opposite. While int he Negative Zone, Sentry wasn't feeling right, which could very mean that the Void was stronger. And later when Sentry feels right for once, he casually throws the Void into the sun, which seems to imply that while Sentry became stronger with confidence, Void became weaker.

They pretty much stated as much, even in the most recent Defenders mini. But Hulk tended to think of the Surfer as a good friend recently in Planet Hulk. He's teamed up with Namor on at least one occasion where they tried to take out the Avengers. Even with the Sentry retcon, I believe Namor and possibly the others have known Hulk longer than Sentry has.

Well considering he was spanking Iron Man, and then Stark used Cloc against him making multiple crisis at once overloading him. If it has been shown in the first mini and stated, and once again stated in New Avengers how is it not PIS/CIS if it's ignored?

Their both the same, all of the scenerio's you just said directly connect to the Void being Sentry. Wether it be in just his head, or Reynold's himself. Their tied together and stated and shown to be equal.

As stated the Void rules over the Negative Zone, basically it's his opposite. He threw the Collective in the sun easily too, doesn't mean much as Sentry has even stated the Void will be back. It's all a mind thing, as if he thought the Void was somewhere such as the Watchtower the void would be there.

Meh! didn't seem that friendly when they attacked each other. Technically Sentry was apparently the first true hero or some crap like that. Dr.Doom and Namor have teamed up several times same with the X-Men and Magneto doesn't mean they like each other.
----
EDIT: I'm going to bed, I won't be able to reply till late tommorow unless if I get off my ass in the morning...don't count on it with me being lazy. Ciao

Accel

long pig
I normally would have discounted Sentry but it seems like that stupid million sun thing is his actual power, not hyperbole.

What can you do against that? Throw a rock at it or something? It's stupid.

But, check out Strange summoning the Phoenix force and it heeds his call. evil facehttp://img241.imageshack.us/img241/9084/xmen83p34do0.th.jpg

guy222
Off course thats your opinion...Have a blessed week... cool

Always will. U also, my friend. Claire is so pretty smile

King_Mungi

jasofisc
wow I can't believe that sentery is that powerful he just seemed like so much hype. well if sentry can take out strange I really don't see how the defender team wins

King_Mungi
wow I can't believe that sentery is that powerful he just seemed like so much hype. well if sentry can take out strange I really don't see how the defender team wins

See that's what I thought too, until his mini and then his apperance in Civil War: The Return......man I dislike this character.

LordFear
defenders

Accel
First mini he sees into the future and now Cloc can do it for him.

Which he probally will be, I dislike Sentry to no ends, but thus far his hype is outrageous. Even the toss-away line from Spider-Man he stalemated Galactus..bah!

But it's not in either of their powersets to make one member docile, while Sentry has the power over Hulk.
Ah, didn't know that. I pretty much skimmed through the first series when I wanted to check it out. Still, speedblitzing Hulk into space can still buy enough time for Strange to erect an impenetrable shield and do what he needs to do to take out the other team.

Honestly, Sentry stalemating Galactus wouldn't be as big a deal as some people make it to be. We've seen Quasar stalemate him and Thor beat him, so the idea that another top-tier could stalemate him isn't so bad, so long as he was hungry at the time.

Hulk's only docile because the Sentry's aura makes him feel good. He doesn't have to side with Sentry, just feel better when he's in Sentry's prescence. He just has to keep remembering Sentry wants to kill him and he has to fight him.

Accel
He didn't really take out Strange. He just resisted Strange messing with his mind and then punched him. It doesn't really say Sentry is above Strange, just that it takes more than some mind-spell to overcome him.

leonidas
strange really makes this tough to call. hell, there are some who would put JUST strange against that avengers line-up and say strange could win based on feats. sad

imo it depends entirely upon how strange is written. if he's written well, defenders take it. if he's written at his<sentry level (just-another-top-tier-guy-level), the avengers take it.

if this is hom wanda (not sure if that was changed) then it's really hard to see the defenders winning any.

the avengers have the more powerful overall lineup, but strange is the wildcard.

King_Mungi
Ah, didn't know that. I pretty much skimmed through the first series when I wanted to check it out. Still, speedblitzing Hulk into space can still buy enough time for Strange to erect an impenetrable shield and do what he needs to do to take out the other team.

Honestly, Sentry stalemating Galactus wouldn't be as big a deal as some people make it to be. We've seen Quasar stalemate him and Thor beat him, so the idea that another top-tier could stalemate him isn't so bad, so long as he was hungry at the time.

Hulk's only docile because the Sentry's aura makes him feel good. He doesn't have to side with Sentry, just feel better when he's in Sentry's prescence. He just has to keep remembering Sentry wants to kill him and he has to fight him.

Considering it merely took Sentry seconds to fly to the sun that's not a lot of time. Meh! others such as Beta Ray Bill have ko'ed Strange rather easily. I think people are over-rating Strange he is far from unbeatable even Long_pig even stated that in a thead and that the hype has gotten too much.

Quasar didn't do much at all, and Thor didn't straight up fight him, he had prep and used various other things. Even all Bill could do was just crack Galactus's armor.... that's it.

If he wants to kill Hulk, the Void scene will happen all over again and yes Sentry = Void and that's a stated fact.

He didn't really take out Strange. He just resisted Strange messing with his mind and then punched him. It doesn't really say Sentry is above Strange, just that it takes more than some mind-spell to overcome him.

Strange even stated he was afraid of him...so yeah that mini heavily implied Sentry was above him.

leonidas
and that of course is the problem with strange. in the mini he DID seem to be afraid of sentry, but he's seemed overwhelmed in the past, and been ko'd by things it seems he SHOULDN'T be ko'd by. depends entirely upon which showings you wish to go by. he has also easily beaten off the avengers -- thor included but at other times been portrayed much weaker.

of all the characters in the forum, strange is the most difficult to figure in battles, imo.

Accel

King_Mungi

Accel

King_Mungi
Sorry I got to jet, I can only reply back tommorow night.

Hopefully my college will be closed again due to weather, until tommorow....ZOOOOOOOM...err ciao

long pig
Well, feat wise, Strange is above Sentry.

About the Absorbing Man feat, Strange did the same thing to Absorbing Man. Overloaded him and turned him into goo.

The thing about Strange in the Sentry comics, he never once showed his full power. Not a single time did he use his whole arsenal.

Technically, Strange could one shot kill Sentry with a soul rip. He's reached in and grabbed souls before or simply gave the soul to Mephisto/Satannish. If Sentry has a soul, then he could be taken out by that.

bigbran
Is everyone forgetting that all Sentry did was break out of a spell? He didn't overpower a fighting back Strange, he broke out of a spell... a spell, which Sentry knew that that kind of magic couldn't hold him back for long.

That isn't even really relevent when dealing with this thread... at all!
Unless... Strange is going to put him in a spell, and just forget him. And that spell was to help him, not to put him down.

If he is going to put him in a spell, why not use the Bands? Why does he only have one-showing in this thread (from what I seen)?

Hell, make him shoot blasts, but don't use one showing to decide the fight.

long pig
I see what you're saying.

Seemed to me, Strange was holding back. He used passive magic to help Sentry.

Sentry won't be breaking any of his cosmic spells unless Sentry is more powerful than the god he gains power from. If Sentry isn't>Vishanti, then Vishanti's powers will work him over.

bigbran
Originally posted by long pig
I see what you're saying.

Seemed to me, Strange was holding back. He used passive magic to help Sentry.

Sentry won't be breaking any of his cosmic spells unless Sentry is more powerful than the god he gains power from. If Sentry isn't>Vishanti, then Vishanti's powers will work him over. Quite, and Sentry was a dick about it.

Strange would wreck Sentry based on what has been shown. Too many options, and only one piece of evidence against him, which is not even a battle showing, or good evidence to begin with.

Bouboumaster
I think the Defenders win, mainly due to the Surfer. With is rescent upgrads, he could, not solo, but nearly all the others.

Stephen take out Wanda, Namor could kick the crap out of Captain America. I think that the Surfer have the potential to beat Thor. Hulk too. He already done it. After the fall of Thor, it will be a piece of cake for the Defender.

Don't forget Iceman, the dude is a big gun too.

King_Mungi

HigH ScholaR
Defenders

Accel

King_Mungi

Accel

King_Mungi

long pig
Strange DOES have some immunity to being transmuted. In fact, once by Nightmare WHILE in Nightmare's realm, NM tried to turn him to stone. Strange simply said: "No." and it didn't happen.

Now, the only one who was able to transmute him was Dormammu, and Strange reversed it almost immediately. Sersi is no Dormammu.

As for the bands, they are more often than not unbreakable. Only twice or so (?) have they been broke. Once when Strange was k.o'd and once when Franklin Richards' universe allowed Hulk to break them. -edit- Captain Britain broke 'em? WTF?

Old Strange WOULD be the big guy on these teams, the new Strange would not be.

King_Mungi
Strange DOES have some immunity to being transmuted. In fact, once by Nightmare WHILE in Nightmare's realm, NM tried to turn him to stone. Strange simply said: "No." and it didn't happen.

Now, the only one who was able to transmute him was Dormammu, and Strange reversed it almost immediately. Sersi is no Dormammu.

As for the bands, they are more often than not unbreakable. Only twice have they been broke. Once when Strange was k.o'd and once when Franklin Richards' universe allowed Hulk to break them.

Old Strange WOULD be the big guy on these teams, the new Strange would not be.

Some but not complete immunity, basically magic users trying to transform strange with magic... meh!

Dormammu transforms people in a completly different manner you can't even compare the two.

Plus Captain Britian.

long pig
Manipulating molecules is just that no matter what powers are behind it.

Strange has had so much control over his own molecules that once he was dispersed into billions and billions of simple atoms and he brought himself back together. Actually, he did the same with Spiderman.

Sersi won't be turning Strange into anything. He probably could turn her into something, though.

long pig
Plus Captain Britian.

When did this happen?

King_Mungi
Manipulating molecules is just that no matter what powers are behind it.

Strange has had so much control over his own molecules that once he was dispersed into billions and billions of simple atoms and he brought himself back together. Actually, he did the same with Spiderman.

Sersi won't be turning Strange into anything. He probably could turn her into something, though.

Actually it does, magic as stated works on everyone, since most people have no defense against it. While if your a magical user you can stop the manipulation, such as Pestilence & Llan tried to do on Talisman, but their manipulation worked easily on everyone else.

When was this?

From what she has done and to who I don't see how it's so outrageous.

Plus Captain Britian.

When did this happen?

Quasar #11, casted by Modred

long pig
So, the way I see it is: Sersi has no immunity to magical manipulation and Strange has some immunity to all types of molecular manipulation.

He remade himself from despersed molecules in ASM#500-502

There's the problem. The strength of the bands depend highly on the ability of the spellcaster. i.e Strange has broken Doom's bands of Cyttorak without even trying because Doom isn't that good at magic.

Strange>Modred. This is all totally moot in this fight.

King_Mungi
So, the way I see it is: Sersi has no immunity to magical manipulation and Strange has some immunity to all types of molecular manipulation.

He remade himself from despersed molecules in ASM#500-502

There's the problem. The strength of the bands depend highly on the ability of the spellcaster. i.e Strange has broken Doom's bands of Cyttorak without even trying because Doom isn't that good at magic.

Strange>Modred. This is all totally moot in this fight.

Yeah Sersi has control over her molecular form, but magic would definetly put a stop to that I'm sure. No way am I saying she is magic immunity. He has a resistance, but as we agreed not utter complete.

What were the circumstanes?

Errrr...Modred and Strange have fought to a stand-still several times. He is no joke

long pig
As seen on LP TV.http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/50/amazingspidermanv205812dd2.th.jpg
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5042/amazingspidermanv205813hk4.th.jpg

long pig
Dude, Strange saw Mordred as such a low level magical threat he didn't say a single spell but instead he PUNCHED him and knocked him out. When did they stalemate?

King_Mungi
As seen on LP TV.http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/50/amazingspidermanv205812dd2.th.jpg
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5042/amazingspidermanv205813hk4.th.jpg

Quite impressive, abit confused on how he did it and how they still had councious thought but still most impressive.

King_Mungi
Dude, Strange saw Mordred as such a low level magical threat he didn't say a single spell but instead he PUNCHED him and knocked him out. When did they stalemate?

Before Strange eventually took his powers away and sent him to Thailand (I believe that's where he sent him).

Well apparently Mordred when he was first appeared was suppose to be a threat for Merlin himself.

long pig
Quite impressive, abit confused on how he did it and how they still had councious thought but still most impressive.
Dormammu did it. Dormmy is a bit of a dick, you know.

Strange kept both souls alive while rebuilding their bodies from atoms. Basically, he forced Spidey into the Astral form until he was finished.

King_Mungi
Dormammu did it. Dormmy is a bit of a dick, you know.

Strange kept both souls alive while rebuilding their bodies from atoms. Basically, he forced Spidey into the Astral form until he was finished.

Oooooook now I get it, from the scans I thought it was Strange who did the move to stop Dormammu in a list ditch attack.

So he worked in the astral form to rebuild their bodies? If so that makes sense.

long pig
Before Strange eventually took his powers away and sent him to Thailand (I believe that's where he sent him).

Well apparently Mordred when he was first appeared was suppose to be a threat for Merlin himself.
He WAS a match for Merlin, but only because he had backing from the Darkhold. Which, by all acounts is= or > the Vishanti.

Strange now has the Darkhold to use if he wishes. Which is why he's such a threat. People forget that since he refuses to use black magic, he only uses 1% of his actual power even with his greatest feats.

Now, a Black Magic, Earth Magic using(Which he is a master of. In fact, he absorbed all Earth magic, including Shaman's at one point),collected artifact (He still has the evil eye, which was as powerful as a cosmic cube) using, bloodlusted Strange would simply be nearly God himself.

King_Mungi
He WAS a match for Merlin, but only because he had backing from the Darkhold. Which, by all acounts is= or > the Vishanti.

Strange now has the Darkhold to use if he wishes. Which is why he's such a threat. People forget that since he refuses to use black magic, he only uses 1% of his actual power even with his greatest feats.

Now, a Black Magic, Earth Magic using(Which he is a master of. In fact, he absorbed all Earth magic, including Shaman's at one point),collected artifact (He still has the evil eye, which was as powerful as a cosmic cube) using, bloodlusted Strange would simply be nearly God himself.

I knew that, but I was positive after he lost it he stalemated Strange afterwards. Also to shows that Modred is no joke when push comes to shove. However, most times he jobs as when he was brought to the modern world as noted he only retained a fraction of his magical power unless he became possessed.

No need to tell me about this, I already knew. cool It's like Talisman she has an unlimited array of spells as the Talisman feeds her information as it channels the Elder Gods and the more magic is present the stronger she gets.

Dr.Strange>Shaman that's old news, and near God?...really now? that I disagree with you on that. He would be very high, but TOAA level, naaaa.

long pig
Bah, you KNEW what I meant by near god. Don't you use your superior linguistic skills to make me admit a mistake and my erectile dysfunction...DAMN!

Nah, I wasn't rehashing that Shaman was less than Strange, I was stating that, in fact, Strange is probably better at "Earth" magic i.e physical magic, than even someone at Shaman's great abilities.

Strange's -slight- weakness over the physical that he had in the past is now totally gone. He taps directly into Gae magic.

Jax_Jax
avengers

Jax_Jax
not

defenders take this

King_Mungi
Bah, you KNEW what I meant by near god. Don't you use your superior linguistic skills to make me admit a mistake and my erectile dysfunction...DAMN!

Nah, I wasn't rehashing that Shaman was less than Strange, I was stating that, in fact, Strange is probably better at "Earth" magic i.e physical magic, than even someone at Shaman's great abilities.

Strange's -slight- weakness over the physical that he had in the past is now totally gone. He taps directly into Gae magic.

At this time I don't spell check or read over what I write so I'm positive my comments are filled with spelling and grammatical errors. I'm sorry, please don't pull it out again...were all still jealous sad

Oh he is, by far. Shaman has even admited Strange is the man, he looks up to him since they have similar backgrounds. Also what's with magical users being called after a doctor or they once were a doctor? ie. Dr.Druid, Shaman, Dr.Strange, Dr.Fate?

Well the abomination of the current Strange doesn't, apparently ninja swords>Strange....if you havn't seen the previews ignore them for your own good...it's sad.

long pig
Damn Canadians with their superior debate skills and larger penises. DAMN YOU ALL!

Jax_Jax
canadians dont have big penises,lol.

if they did, they wouldn't be canada.

the country no one ever seems to remember exist, except for it being that big piece of dirt on top of the best.

(best being america)

long pig
Please, I'd have Mungi post a pic of his penis but I fear you'd have to change your monitor's resolution to see it all.

Mungi isn't called "The Tripod" for nothin'. I've seen this guy pick up peanuts with the thing! Like a baby's arm, I tell ya's!

Jax_Jax
lolololol.

pretty much the gayest thing ever.

Martian_mind
Please, I'd have Mungi post a pic of his penis but I fear you'd have to change your monitor's resolution to see it all.

Mungi isn't called "The Tripod" for nothin'. I've seen this guy pick up peanuts with the thing! Like a baby's arm, I tell ya's!

Bah,mungi comes from Canada,the most medically advanced country on earth.That is a babies arm that replaced his original 2-inches of pleasure,o-inches of pain.

Jax_Jax
canada isnt the most advanced.

theyre not advanced in anything.

they have a portion of their country shared with the french.

what is that?

america is the best in everything, this is why were the power house of the world

long pig
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Bah,mungi comes from Canada,the most medically advanced country on earth.That is a babies arm that replaced his original 2-inches of pleasure,o-inches of pain.
Possibly. I mean, it IS abnormally large. I think it's a combination of many different penises put together. Sort of like a frankenpenis.

-grabs torch- Kill the frankenpenis before it destroys us all!

Martian_mind
Possibly. I mean, it IS abnormally large. I think it's a combination of many different penises put together. Sort of like a frankenpenis.

-grabs torch- Kill the frankenpenis before it destroys us all!

Indeed...however Pig,i have had my men watching you for many a moon now and they have discovered your terrible secret....yes Pig that's right,we know about your werepenis.....so......much....hair

Grab your torch and pitchforks!!!

Jax_Jax
americans have the biggest dicks.

they rule everything, even if they didnt, all the other countries would say they did, cuz they wouldnt want to get their jaws tested

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Jax_Jax
americans have the biggest dicks.

they rule everything, even if they didnt, all the other countries would say they did, cuz they wouldnt want to get their jaws tested

Americans have tiny wangs compared to aussie's.

.....and even if they did have large one's they wouldn't be able to see them under the huge guts you all have gotten from your pathetic Fried foods.

Jax_Jax
its better than crepes and shit frenchy.

and gut or no gut, if canadians had big dicks, then they'd get credit for something, other than being a place for cheap beer and blond hookers.

long pig
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Indeed...however Pig,i have had my men watching you for many a moon now and they have discovered your terrible secret....yes Pig that's right,we know about your werepenis.....so......much....hair

Grab your torch and pitchforks!!!
Indeed. Whenever there is a full-frontal nudity, my penis starts to change....it grows larger, stronger, veins bulge with rage, until it finally rips through my pants and attacks the face of the nearest female.

Apparently, I was bitten by the rare spitting werewolf due to the fact that my werepenis seems to unleash a deadly stream of gooey acid at its prey.

Jax_Jax
that aint shit.

when my demon slayer is unleashed, it literally eats people.

maybe thats why americans are so fat.

long pig
Your demon slayer ain't shit. My werepenis would kick its ass!

Nah, my werepenis would most likely fight awkwardly real hard and fast for a few seconds and then retreat back into my pants and stick to my thigh.

HigH ScholaR
................................................. no expression

Accel

King_Mungi

Accel

King_Mungi
Grrrr...you, this will never end and I'm in mid-terms. Bear with me, hopefully have a response tommorow night or might have to be monday.

Sorry.

Accel
big grin

King_Mungi
I'm back, just finished my 2/5 of my mid-terms. Hopefully get the reply tonight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.