"So, like Jack Sparrow?"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willofthewisp
Funny story. I'm in my Air Force ROTC class, sitting next to one of my friends and we're talking about joint operations (operations where more than one service is working on it). We're talking about the army and the different kinds of missions they have. One of which is "freedom of navigation." Someone says that's kind of funny and then some know-it-all says the army still has to protect the sea from pirates. My friend's eyes go wide and she gasps, "pirates?" People kept trying to tell her pirates are real, but not like how they used to be and bless her heart, she just wasn't getting it and asked, "So....like Jack Sparrow? Or no?" Everybody just cracked up. Thought I'd share.

Legendary Thor
LOL

SarahB
laughing out loudlol

Mistypirate
laughing *hehe*

PirateDiva
LMAO laughing Awwww How CutE!!!

pirate179
how funny! thanks for a good story! laughing

willofthewisp
Meh, I'll probably have another one tomorrow after my creative writing class. I submitted that poem to be workshopped, so the class will be dissecting it and telling me what works and what doesn't. I hope someone catches the POTC connection.

Captain's Wench
Aww how adoreable haha.

Claudia_Black
LOL, that's funny big grin

ivebeendepped43
thats fricken awesome!!!

tee_pirategirl
LOL so cute....and the best thing is that she didn't say "like captain hook?" or "like long john silver?" she said Jack Sparrow which proves who's the most famous pirate of our time big grin

PirateDiva
^^LOL...Love it!!

ivebeendepped43
Originally posted by tee_pirategirl
LOL so cute....and the best thing is that she didn't say "like captain hook?" or "like long john silver?" she said Jack Sparrow which proves who's the most famous pirate of our time big grin oh yes, thats right. like what happened in my SS class 2day! *see JS/JD Lovefest*

Thorin

Hambah
Oh, I have a POTC/school story =D Okay so in Spanish class, my teacher makes us do this thing called TPRS and it's where she tells a story in english, gives us vocab words, and we have to translate it into spanish. So we got this new story today about this girl named Marina who's a pirate, and as the teacher makes up the story, she has us give ideas for the plot/details. And so shes like "Marina trabaja en el montono magico el mundo de disney, no? (Marina works in the magic mountain in disneyworld, right?)" and I'm like "No, in the POTC ride in Disneyland!" and so she said that instead. Then shes like talking about how Marina meets another pirate. And shes like "Quien es la pirata? Captain Hook? (Who's the pirate? Captain Hook?)" And I'm like "No, Captain Jack Sparrow!" So I get to write about pirates of the caribbean for spanish tonight =]

PirateDiva
Awww How exciting if my classes involved POTC i'd be getting straight A's for sure...lol!

pirate179
how fun! i love to be able to write my spanish stories about potc! happy

willofthewisp
Try and incorporate them in. I never thought I'd be able to write about pirates in this class, but I managed it!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.