To cockey elitists: Prove your taste is superior.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bardiel13
Feel free to take the challenge.

RedAlertv2
We get it music is subjective

Solo
This thread is a waste.

The Core
Yep.

EPIIIBITES
"Lickin' my lips"...

For starters, it can't be proven. And second, anyone's "taste" alone is neither inferior or superior...it is what it is. I like apples...becasue I do. (And don't anyone think I haven't said exactly all of that already!).

But it's the music itself that is inferior or superior...and that can be determined by some (not all) people.

Just try saying this...

"N'SYNC make great music"

say it again...

"N'SYNC make great music"

It's actually HARD to speak to those very words!!! (for some of us of course).

BUT, there are people out there who acutally think they make great music. Are they right? Oh, of course they are! Whose to say they're wrong?! wacko

What I notice in other threads is some people saying..."this music's for morons and this music is mindless crap". They might be right in saying that...they might be wrong. In this particular case I'll present, I say they're right...

Happy Hardcore (a type of techno music) is an example that's been brought up. There's no way to prove Happy Hardcore songs and artists aren't absolute crap...and SURELY there's not truth in that statement (it's JUST opinion)...but I challenge you to go over to that forum and say that. You'll get torn apart, because it's dead obvious to everyone there that it is, truly, undoubtedly, utter crap!

(I'm sure it seems that a lot of people have disagreed with me over the past few days, but in reality...there's some that know what's up).

EPIIIBITES
One more thing:

All my critics who think they're actually approaching all this "intelligently" are just too chicken to state the obvious...or to admit that I'm right (ex. Led Zeppelin is far superior to Nickleback/N'SYNC sucks), and it's SIMPLY and ONLY because they're scared to death of coming off as "illogical".

N'SYNC are truly, objectively bad music...and some people are musically intelligent enough to KNOW that...but it's truly sad that they won't admit it because their minds are so set on having to appear "logical" all the time.

Fools!

Hope that helps.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by EPIIIBITES
One more thing:

All my critics who think they're actually approaching all this "intelligently" are just too chicken to state the obvious...or to admit that I'm right (ex. Led Zeppelin is far superior to Nickleback/N'SYNC sucks), and it's SIMPLY and ONLY because they're scared to death of coming off as "illogical".

N'SYNC are truly, objectively bad music...and some people are musically intelligent enough to KNOW that...but it's truly sad that they won't admit it because their minds are so set on having to appear "logical" all the time.

Fools!

Hope that helps.

So you realise that your view is illogical.

It's a start, I guess.

Alpha Centauri
One more thing:

Fools!

Hope that helps.

All this time and you still fail.

-AC

Arctic
Arg shutup about Nickelback you foolish, foolish person!!! Nickelback fans revolt!!! Argghhhh!!!!

Alpha Centauri
This thread isn't needed at all.

-AC

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
So you realise that your view is illogical.

It's a start, I guess.
No actually...It's very logical. I'm saying some people aren't smart enough to grasp it and it appears illogical to them...so they're scared of it, and of what it could mean if they associate themselves with it.

Nice try though.

Alpha Centauri
You do realise that the only person convincing himself that he is right here, is you, don't you?

The reason we've all stopped bothering is because it's not like we both disagree with each other and our opinions are conflicting. It's because you willingly hold a factually wrong, undeniably false idea and argument, and ignore the fact that you are wrong in favour of continuing a very silly debate.

NSync aren't objectively bad, you can't prove they are, nobody can, and the only way you are trying to claim a foot in this debate is with the stupid rationale of "But it doesn't mean it can't be proven.".

It can't be, fact.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
No actually...It's very logical.

No it's not.

Logically demonstrate your argument, then.

Oh, hang on.

You thought Ice-cream= Chevrolet, sandals=hairdryers was logic, didn't you?

You would be hilarious if you weren't a tragic reminder of the perils of inbreeding.

manorastroman
prove my taste is superior? well, i didn't make this thread...do i win a prize?

Alpha Centauri
Also, it's "Cocky". No "E" in there, it's making me think of the word "Cockney", and the idea of a cockney elitist is frustrating.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.