star war's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

capt it up
who think's that star war's should be aloud in the comic forum debate? They have comic lot of them and I think it would allow for you fresh topic's

The Libertine
Originally posted by capt it up
who think's that star war's should be aloud in the comic forum debate? They have comic lot of them and I think it would allow for you fresh topic's

They have had comics and an extended Universe (or two for thirty years this year).

Scoobless
Nah ... the sci-fi aspects aren't compatible.

The Libertine
Originally posted by Scoobless
Nah ... the sci-fi aspects aren't compatible.

Why not? Death Star is not unlike many the Doomsday device. We have assasin robots, superheroes (jedi) powers (the force).

capt it up
I agree they can diffentily fit well into debates. They are powerful guy's and skill.

I wonder if mace is more skilled then even the top tier martial artist.

I think star war's could fit in nicly in comic debate. we could even make thread's taking away force range attack to make fight fairer so that we could put some jedi's against street levelers

The Libertine
I agree they can diffentily fit well into debates. They are powerful guy's and skill.

I wonder if mace is more skilled then even the top tier martial artist.

I think star war's could fit in nicly in comic debate. we could even make thread's taking away force range attack to make fight fairer so that we could put some jedi's against street levelers

True enough.

Scoobless
Yeah, but if you ask 10 different people how a Jedi master would do against (enter superhero name here) then you're bound to get at least 5 different opinions on success levels.

Can a lightsaber cut through adamantium? can it cut Colossus? ... there's never going to be any definitive on panel evidence to support any theory.

The Libertine
Yeah, but if you ask 10 different people how a Jedi master would do against (enter superhero name here) then you're bound to get at least 5 different opinions on success levels.

Can a lightsaber cut through adamantium? can it cut Colossus? ... there's never going to be any definitive on panel evidence to support any theory.

Well we saw a light saber could eventually cut through blast doors, we know no way is it ging to cut through either of ther things you mentioned immediatly. Let's be honest Adamantioun has survived far high temps than a light sabers on screen output.

capt it up

true how ever even in comic's there question like that due to fight's never happening.

I am pritty sure most would agree a light sabertooth can cut any thing ecpt adamatium, capt should, thor's hammer and so on.

also it good that people don't know that much it makes the debate better and makes them funnier and it allows' people to learn about other characters'

liek take the thunder cat's for one why can they be aloud in the comic debates when they ahve never faced character like hulk and so on?

Scoobless
Originally posted by The Libertine
Well we saw a light saber could eventually cut through blast doors, we know no way is it ging to cut through either of ther things you mentioned immediatly. Let's be honest Adamantioun has survived far high temps than a light sabers on screen output.

The saber was pushed straight through the blast door with very little resistence ... it may have taken a while to make a circle to walk through but there's no way adamantium would have done as well (as the saber) in the same situation.

Nothing on screen has resisted a lightsaber ... other than another lightsaber.

The Libertine
The saber was pushed straight through the blast door with very little resistence ... it may have taken a while to make a circle to walk through but there's no way adamantium would have done as well (as the saber) in the same situation.

He actually has to push a while and gasps showing effort, initially on the other side of the door for a number of screen shots you do not see it melting. Agreed nothing has not been cut immediatly on screen. They are even able to act as lightning rods for force lightning. That said ve have a number of blades like that which cut anything in comics. A default could be added to make them usable i.e. unless therwise stated Adamantium cannot be cut by a light saber. They can't get through force fields so Superman would be safe.

capt it up

it can't break adamaitum unless it breaks it down on a molecular level

The Libertine
true how ever even in comic's there question like that due to fight's never happening.

I am pritty sure most would agree a light sabertooth can cut any thing ecpt adamatium, capt should, thor's hammer and so on.

also it good that people don't know that much it makes the debate better and makes them funnier and it allows' people to learn about other characters'

liek take the thunder cat's for one why can they be aloud in the comic debates when they ahve never faced character like hulk and so on?

The shrike from the Hyperion cantos would also be cool

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shrike

WrathfulDwarf
My most honest opinion...keep Star Wars out of Comic books.

Badabing
Digi and Tron went over this numerous times. I agree with their thoughts and we should keep the comic forums for characters that are known primarily from comics. There are enough characters through comics and Star Wars would open the flood gates for every other character or series that has had a comic.

Magee
Yea if star wars was allowed in the vs forum then people would start wanting every single show/film/cartoon etc that has had a comic book adaption allowed. Keep it to the comic companys imo.

Scoobless
Perhaps if there were a general "Sci-Fi Discussion" or a specific "Sci-Fi Versus forum"

shrug

That way fans of Star Wars, Pokemon, Dragonball, Thundercats, Transformers, manga, animated series, monster movies, etc, would be able to open whatever thread they liked without getting it shut down for being outside the boundaries of comic character battles.

Who wants to see Lion-O fight Leonardo?

smile

The Libertine
Perhaps if there were a general "Sci-Fi Discussion" or a specific "Sci-Fi Versus forum"

shrug

That way fans of Star Wars, Pokemon, Dragonball, Thundercats, Transformers, manga, animated series, monster movies, etc, would be able to open whatever thread they liked without getting it shut down for being outside the boundaries of comic character battles.

smile

I wouldn't be suprised if this hadn't been suggested before!

Badabing

shrug

smile
Good call Scoobs. cool I'm going to take back some of the things I've said about you. stick out tongue

WrathfulDwarf
Even if Star Wars was allowed it could no way compete with the other Multiverses from DCU and Marvel or even Image. Star Wars is just a whole different realm. It may have the fantasy factor...but it's just not fitted here.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Badabing
Digi and Tron went over this numerous times. I agree with their thoughts and we should keep the comic forums for characters that are known primarily from comics. There are enough characters through comics and Star Wars would open the flood gates for every other character or series that has had a comic.

thumb up

Our forum's flooded as it is guys. Trust me when I say you don't want to add SW to the mix. Besides, they have their own forum and are more receptive to corss-genre battles since it's a bit slower.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.