Why Must

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
It seem that

Odin,Dr. Strange, Thor, BRB, Silver Surfer, THE LT, Thanos, and pre retconned beyonder seem to just own anyone they fight with in thier power lvl from DC? what gives with that BS? Someone Even had The surfer owning Despero who has consistantly owned the Entire JLA who would be considered a GOD team in Marvel. Hell even REED RIchards and DR. Doom get so much play. Do you guys really think that these guys just beat every one in thier class from DC? You never give DC the victory unless you think the person is like far far far more powerful. And the only time I see an argument against characters like these is if it's another marvel character.

I have seen people think Odin can Beat the Phantom stranger.

People think the LT can beat Mxy.

Some people Think Micheal, The source, and the word cannot beat The LT.

People try many times to make it as if the Spectre is less than the LT.

People THink Surfer beats Hal jordan for a solid majority when Hals ring is actually more versatile than surfer. isn't that what people are always hollering when they say surfer beats someone? versatility?

I see people saying Thanos is about DS lvl in power when Thanos has NEVER had the feats of power that DS has. According to forum rules PIS and jobbing isn't allowed and yet people try to bring up DS silly situaltional defeats against him all the while calling thanos standing up to odin a feat instead what it actually was, PIS.

Someone brought up dr. strange being able to stalemate the IG as a feat but when i put him in a thread against odin, all of a sudden it's pis and he can't beat Odin.

People even voted for Doom to be Hal jordan. WTF

Things just seem shady around here. And I won't even get on the whole Cosmic Hierachy people just love to try and peg as marvel being superior. Does anyone have an answer Y people think these beings just auto win in thier wieght classes against any DC heroe in the same class?

manorastroman
because you should have been stillborn.

Supreme being
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
It seem that

Odin,Dr. Strange, Thor, BRB, Silver Surfer, THE LT, Thanos, and pre retconned beyonder seem to just own anyone they fight with in thier power lvl from DC? what gives with that BS? Someone Even had The surfer owning Despero who has consistantly owned the Entire JLA who would be considered a GOD team in Marvel. Hell even REED RIchards and DR. Doom get so much play. Do you guys really think that these guys just beat every one in thier class from DC? You never give DC the victory unless you think the person is like far far far more powerful. And the only time I see an argument against characters like these is if it's another marvel character.

People THink Surfer beats Hal jordan for a solid majority when Hals ring is actually more versatile than surfer. isn't that what people are always hollering when they say surfer beats someone? versatility?

I see people saying Thanos is about DS lvl in power when Thanos has NEVER had the feats of power that DS has. According to forum rules PIS and jobbing isn't allowed and yet people try to bring up DS silly situaltional defeats against him all the while calling thanos standing up to odin a feat instead what it actually was, PIS.

Someone brought up dr. strange being able to stalemate the IG as a feat but when i put him in a thread against odin, all of a sudden it's pis and he can't beat Odin.

Things just seem shady around here. And I won't even get on the whole Cosmic Hierachy people just love to try and peg as marvel being superior. Does anyone have an answer Y people think these beings just auto win in thier wieght classes against any DC heroe in the same class?

I agree with what your saying and can sort of understand your frustration but i think a lot of this stems from cluelesness and people not ever picking up a DC or Vertigo comic therefore not knowing the character there debating about. Besides must people on here just rely on wiki for their character assessment.

Endless Mike
LT is far greater than Spectre. I thought that was obvious.

Although classic Darkseid could beat Odin.

Nikkolas
'cause there's no one in DC that can even come close to his power short of the actual Presence and even that's iffy. Isn't DC just a multiverse? Beyonder > multiverse so he could concievably beat DC's God. I might be wrong, though. I have no iddea how big DC is.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Nikkolas
'cause there's no one in DC that can even come close to his power short of the actual Presence and even that's iffy. Isn't DC just a multiverse? Beyonder > multiverse so he could concievably beat DC's God. I might be wrong, though. I have no iddea how big DC is.

This is exactly the BS I'm talking about.

Nikkolas
It's exactly the truth, whether you like it or not. DC = Multiverse, correct? Beyonder > multiverse significantly. So, how is he not beyond anything in DC?

nvrbeenwthagirl
It's exactly the truth, whether you like it or not. DC = Multiverse, correct? Beyonder > multiverse significantly. So, how is he not beyond anything in DC?

Mr. mxy far beyond All of the DCu multiverse. and DC isn't just one multiverse. the spectre described DC as endless overlapping realities on top of each other. And it doesn't matter if DC's god decided to make only one ****ing planet earth. That doesn't lesson his power nor does it lesson the spectre's power, Mr. mxy's power, the word's power. micheal demurgis power. Just becuz i draw a picture of a kitty cat doesn't mean I dont' have the ability to draw a lion as well. Ur logic is flawed.

manorastroman
endless overlapping realities...weird, that sounds somewhat like a MULTIVERSE, ya mook.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by manorastroman
endless overlapping realities...weird, that sounds somewhat like a MULTIVERSE, ya mook.

actually DC is more than one multiverse and please refrain from calling me names. It's getting annoying for people to do that. Just be civil. How do you explain the fact that vertigo has many universes? Tanget, The kingdom, the infinite earths multiverses, the DCu animated which clearly mxy can enter. does this all sound like one multiverse to you? You mook.

Nikkolas
I have no idea what you're saying with your analogy but whatever.

The Presence made one multiverse and, going by on Panel feats, that's all he can do. People fail to realize that things like Eternity, the LT and so-on, they do have omnipotence and omniscience but only within in their own realities. Eternity does have all the power of the universe but once you are beyond the power of a universe, you punk Eternity. Once you get beyond the power of a multiverse, you punk LT. Because their omnipotence has limits.

It may sound like infinity + infinity and that's sorta what it is but it's how you decide these cosmic fights. A "god" who can make multiple multiverses > god who can make one, though they both have technically infinite power and are omnipotent. Same goes for the Presence. if the Presence only made a multiverse, he's below PR Beyonder's power because PR Beyonder has the powers of millions of those.

That's how I see it. And the wiki article agrees on me. It says DC is just a multiverse now.

guy222
It seem that

I will be very truthful. I like Marvel over DC. Do I like certain DC characters? Yes. Am I biased for Marvel. Sometimes.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I have no idea what you're saying with your analogy but whatever.

The Presence made one multiverse and, going by on Panel feats, that's all he can do. People fail to realize that things like Eternity, the LT and so-on, they do have omnipotence and omniscience but only within in their own realities. Eternity does have all the power of the universe but once you are beyond the power of a universe, you punk Eternity. Once you get beyond the power of a multiverse, you punk LT. Because their omnipotence has limits.

It may sound like infinity + infinity and that's sorta what it is but it's how you decide these cosmic fights. A "god" who can make multiple multiverses > god who can make one, though they both have technically infinite power and are omnipotent. Same goes for the Presence. if the Presence only made a multiverse, he's below PR Beyonder's power because PR Beyonder has the powers of millions of those.

That's how I see it. And the wiki article agrees on me. It says DC is just a multiverse now. hence you prove the point. you don't read dc. you look ur info up on wiki and live by it. it doesn't matter what DC is now, The point is that the presence has created multiple Multiverses and has shown so signs that it anyway fatigued him. Just becuz the PR beyonder was millions of times more powerful than the marvel multiverse means nothing. Mxy is infinitely more powerful than all 3rd dimensional megaverses. and yet he is still below dc's presence.

Nikkolas
Well, why is that? I'm just asking. Why is May below Presence?

And who's to say Presence could make 10 or 20 or a 50 multiverses? Its it possible? Sure. But we can't prove that as far as I know. So, unless you can prove it is within the Presence's power to make millions of multiverses, he's below Beyonder.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Well, why is that? I'm just asking. Why is May below Presence?

And who's to say Presence could make 10 or 20 or a 50 multiverses? Its it possible? Sure. But we can't prove that as far as I know. So, unless you can prove it is within the Presence's power to make millions of multiverses, he's below Beyonder.

The presence doesn't have a limit on his power. The beyonder does. He used up a vast portion of his power to kill death and then bring her back. While the PResence made death easily and can easily destroy it.

Martian_mind
Beyoder also stated that he imposed limits on himself.Plus he erased multi-death,a multi-versal feat,he literally stopped all death,even the infinity gauntlet couldn't destroy 1 death.

Can you prove that Dc has multiple Multi-verse?We know that Marvel has the omni-verse,the endless Domain of infinite Multiverses,Cann you show Dc having more than 1 Multiverse? Can you prove it has an Omniverse?Wildstorm is part of the same Multiverse as DC and doesn't have it's own Multiverse.So proove it.

don't shiv
DC = The Combined Might of :
WILDSTORM Multiverse
VERTIGO Multiverses
Sandman Multiverse Destiny Destruction, Desire ]
FABLES Multiverse
D.C. Multiverse

DC Cosmics >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marvel Cosmics in Power and Numbers

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Beyoder also stated that he imposed limits on himself.Plus he erased multi-death,a multi-versal feat,he literally stopped all death,even the infinity gauntlet couldn't destroy 1 death.

Can you prove that Dc has multiple Multi-verse?We know that Marvel has the omni-verse,the endless Domain of infinite Multiverses,Cann you show Dc having more than 1 Multiverse? Can you prove it has an Omniverse?Wildstorm is part of the same Multiverse as DC and doesn't have it's own Multiverse.So proove it.

The 5th dimension is NOT part of the MUltiverse. The DCu animated multiverse is NOT part of the DCU multiverse and yet mxy was able to cross into it. VERTIGO is nOT part of the multiverse and yet there are multiple realities in vertigo. And the spectre cleary passes between the two multiverses. The kingdom is NOT part of the infinite earth's multiverse. As the Kingdom is all of the else world's storyies and tanget comics. Nuff said.

Symmetric Chaos
It seem that

Odin,Dr. Strange, Thor, BRB, Silver Surfer, THE LT, Thanos, and pre retconned beyonder seem to just own anyone they fight with in thier power lvl from DC?

The list you've given is of people who tend to own everyone even from Marvel.

qqqqqqq
DC is abit lighter than marvel

qqqqqqq
vertigo not included

Mindship
It seem that
Odin,Dr. Strange, Thor, BRB, Silver Surfer, THE LT, Thanos, and pre retconned beyonder seem to just own anyone they fight......especially Wonder Woman ( stick out tongue ... j/k)

Years ago I was strictly a Marvel fan; now I enjoy DC much more. But both have been guilty of unfettered (and frankly, annoying) one-upmanship for quite a while now. As far as I'm concerned, there are waayyy too many abstracts/infinites/ultimates/universe-killers/planet-blower-uppers/whatever running around both supermultiverses, inspiring rampant PIS, CIS, jobbing and the ever-popular "holding back" scenario.

Swanky-Tuna
Someone Even had The surfer owning Despero who has consistantly owned the Entire JLA who would be considered a GOD team in Marvel.
Not as a team. Oddly, teams in DC seem to be way worse than the sum of their parts. Hence why one one of their members can break from the team, then beat the team single handedly.

Nikkolas
You need an infinite number of multiverses to compete with Marvel.
And you need the power of millions of them to compete with Beyonder...and this is a Beyonder with limitations on his power.

TOAA, by virtue of creating and ruling an infinite number of multiverses, is stronger than Presence. LT exists in these infinite number of multiverses simulaneously. Each multiverse has its own Multi-Eternity and an infinite number of Galactuses, regular Eternities and so-on.

So, what we have is Marvel sporting a God stronger than Presence and armed with an infinite number of multiverses, each possessing infinite numbers of Galactuses and other beings. With LT existing in all of this.

Beyonder, WITH limits, is millions of times stronger than a multiverse.

Newjak
It seem that

Things just seem shady around here. And I won't even get on the whole Cosmic Hierachy people just love to try and peg as marvel being superior. Does anyone have an answer Y people think these beings just auto win in thier wieght classes against any DC heroe in the same class? Despero is powerful but limited in his power range besides his srength and TP he really has nothing else. Most Marvel top tiers have a large power source backing them that gives them access to large versatility boosts.

Silver Surfer has a feat that counters every GL feat with the exception of a few super high end showings. which by the way most high end GL feats go far beyond the normal showings of the Green Lanterns by a large margain.

Think about one GL contains a big bang but then Blue Supes messes up with his nervous system to turn his power off. Think about it just for a moment.

LT beats every showing of Mxy save one non cannonical appearance.
LT also doesn't go from one power level to another like Spectre so LT greater than the average showing of Spectre but equal to or a little less the best level of Spectre.

Phantom Stranger seems to be higher than Odin but feat wise almost nothing truely shows this.

Darkseid has become a much less powerful being that has been punked by Superman, Wonder Woman, and Doomsday. His higher showing are far behind him although he does have the ALE now which may redeem him. So while PIS and jobbing is off we have seen enough Darkseid depowered to assume he has lost a bulk of his powerful. Also for the record Darkseid was totally owned by the Spectre his OE barely hurt him and the only reason DS didn't die was because the source wouldn't let him. All in all DS wasn't very inpressive in that. In fact besides the Planet mind moving feat DS's power isn't that good. Odin could in fact top him in feats although I would think it would be a good fight with DS coming out on top.

Oh and for everyone else who is trying to say DC lesser than Marvel in size that is a load. Both are infinite, bith have their infinites within infintes. Both have their high end cosmics. Basically what I'm saying is both are equal just because one decides to use different terminology does not make it lesser then the other erm

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Newjak
Oh and for everyone else who is trying to say DC lesser than Marvel in size that is a load. Both are infinite, bith have their infinites within infintes. Both have their high end cosmics. Basically what I'm saying is both are equal just because one decides to use different terminology does not make it lesser then the other erm

Besides the anime multiverse can crush both of them. shifty

Kutulu
Originally posted by don't shiv
DC = The Combined Might of :
WILDSTORM Multiverse
VERTIGO Multiverses
Sandman Multiverse Destiny Destruction, Desire ]
FABLES Multiverse
D.C. Multiverse

DC Cosmics >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marvel Cosmics in Power and Numbers

You've named 5 multiverses. Classic beyonder had the power of millions of multiverses. It's stated on panel. Your list would have to go on for several thousand more pages to equal the power of classic beyonder.

One single multiverse is an infinite number of universes (read: eternities) with alternate timelines and such. Marvel Omniverse is composed of an infinite number of multiverses.

The Libertine
Originally posted by Kutulu
You've named 5 multiverses. Classic beyonder had the power of millions of multiverses. It's stated on panel. Your list would have to go on for several thousand more pages to equal the power of classic beyonder.

One single multiverse is an infinite number of universes (read: eternities) with alternate timelines and such. Marvel Omniverse is composed of an infinite number of multiverses.

That's the funny thing, you can't argue what exists in a comic univese as it's constantly changing.

The Libertine
Originally posted by Mindship
...especially Wonder Woman ( stick out tongue ... j/k)

Years ago I was strictly a Marvel fan; now I enjoy DC much more. But both have been guilty of unfettered (and frankly, annoying) one-upmanship for quite a while now. As far as I'm concerned, there are waayyy too many abstracts/infinites/ultimates/universe-killers/planet-blower-uppers/whatever running around both supermultiverses, inspiring rampant PIS, CIS, jobbing and the ever-popular "holding back" scenario. So true!Originally posted by Newjak

Oh and for everyone else who is trying to say DC lesser than Marvel in size that is a load. Both are infinite, bith have their infinites within infintes. Both have their high end cosmics. Basically what I'm saying is both are equal just because one decides to use different terminology does not make it lesser then the other erm So true

Kutulu

Well Superman owns just about every Marvel character that he is put up against, so it's all about the character and how he's written. There are few to any Marvel characters that can stand up against the likes of Ion for example. There are almost no bricks in Marvel that could take a win against Superman, except those that use magic as Superman takes slightly more damage from magic attacks.

H/P or Gogs War Doomsday would take out any Marvel brick with ease. The Flash is millions of times faster than Quicksilver. Darkseid as written by Kirby would own all of the Marvel pantheons put together, it was the DC writers that decided to depower him, don't blame the forum regulars for judging Darkseid based upon how he's currently written.

In regards to your Thanos hate, yes he has feats to back it up. He has taken over the Marvel 616 universe several times, and even taken control of the Marvel multiverse once with the HOTI. He is one of the most durable non-cosmic characters to have ever lived. That is why he is on par with how Darkseid is currently written. Darkseid clearly took the lead when he obtained the ALE, but before that they were on par. If Thanos had really wanted to, he could still be in total control of the Marvel 616 universe as well as the multiverse which contains it, however he didn't feel like he really wanted to keep it so let go of that power.

swerve1988
APOC beats any one in DC.....ANYONE!!!!!

tdawg14
It seem that

Wah! Nvr, you bring up the fact that in Last Planet Standing, the LT got owned by Reed which is non-canon. But I've also seen posters use Darkseid vs. Galactus the Hunger as an example against you. In that comic, Darkseid uses the OE on Galactus who just stands there like nothing happened and then blasts the hell out of him. Also, the Surfer completely owns Orion to the point that Orion suffers near fatal injuries and regards Orion as nothing more than an annoyance. But to you, that was non-canon. Make up your mind bro. There are DC characters that beat Marvel characters and Marvel characters that beat DC characters. It does not seem to be that way in your eyes though. I admit that I read more Marvel than DC and the Silver Surfer is my favorite character, but their are a fair number of characters in DC that take a majority against him. Hal Jordan or any GL save for Ion or Parallax does not take a majority against him though.

don't shiv
Originally posted by swerve1988
APOC beats any one in DC.....ANYONE!!!!!

General Eiling Nightshade Black Adam RAG-MAN??

Apocalypse beats Rag-Man blink Brainiac 13 laughing

Stupid Rookie
Originally posted by tdawg14
Wah! Nvr, you bring up the fact that in Last Planet Standing, the LT got owned by Reed which is non-canon. But I've also seen posters use Darkseid vs. Galactus the Hunger as an example against you. In that comic, Darkseid uses the OE on Galactus who just stands there like nothing happened and then blasts the hell out of him. Also, the Surfer completely owns Orion to the point that Orion suffers near fatal injuries and regards Orion as nothing more than an annoyance. But to you, that was non-canon. Make up your mind bro. There are DC characters that beat Marvel characters and Marvel characters that beat DC characters. It does not seem to be that way in your eyes though. I admit that I read more Marvel than DC and the Silver Surfer is my favorite character, but their are a fair number of characters in DC that take a majority against him. Hal Jordan or any GL save for Ion or Parallax does not take a majority against him though.

There is much truth to this post

Stupid Rookie

I am only going to comment on a few of these.

Odin loses to Phantom Stranger. I don't even have these 2 near each other in power.

I give SS the majority, you can't just base a character on the highest showings they have had. If you do, then you have to re-evaluate evertything. The same way you don't count DS low showings, you can't just use high ones. Is Spiderman a herlad level being, can firelord not beat people on Spidey's level?? (I know this is an extreme case)

I still don't think Strange really stalemated the IG, and could use the same argument as above regarding showings.

Did this person say Doom with tons of prep? Doom with prep has taken on SS and other very high level beings, even stealing Galactus' power.

Just because one or two people think something doesn't mean you have to pretend like the whole board is fanboys.

The fact is that several of the things you are getting upseta bout are not the opinions of most KMC users, ie Phantom Strager, or Doom.

But you seem to always get upset when things don't go your way. Whether you want to admit it or not SS is a good match for Hal.

Magee
Why must people cry when their bestest best favouritest comic characters can't beat another? No matter how strong you think you are, there will always be some one stronger. Thats a quote from something, dont ask me what though. Oh and try not to get to in to marvels cosmic multiverse omnipresents imo its a load of bs. JESUS CHRIST JUST SHUT THE FUK UP U BUNCH OF GEEKS. There I said it.

The Libertine
Originally posted by Magee
Why must people cry when their bestest best favouritest comic characters can't beat another? No matter how strong you think you are, there will always be some one stronger. Thats a quote from something, dont ask me what though. Oh and try not to get to in to marvels cosmic multiverse omnipresents imo its a load of bs. JESUS CHRIST JUST SHUT THE FUK UP U BUNCH OF GEEKS. There I said it.

Excellent Post!!!!!

WrathfulDwarf
It seem that

It's called "Fanboyism"

tdawg14
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
It's called "Fanboyism"

And it goes both ways.

BetaRayBill
Seems like a whining and complaining thread. Probably from losing too many debates laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by BetaRayBill
Seems like a whining and complaining thread. Probably from losing too many debates laughing
From what I gather, fanboyism plays a big part and alot of people simply DO NOT READ DC. Your insults can take a back seat as we try and engage in a thought discussion.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Well Superman owns just about every Marvel character that he is put up against, so it's all about the character and how he's written. There are few to any Marvel characters that can stand up against the likes of Ion for example. There are almost no bricks in Marvel that could take a win against Superman, except those that use magic as Superman takes slightly more damage from magic attacks.

H/P or Gogs War Doomsday would take out any Marvel brick with ease. The Flash is millions of times faster than Quicksilver. Darkseid as written by Kirby would own all of the Marvel pantheons put together, it was the DC writers that decided to depower him, don't blame the forum regulars for judging Darkseid based upon how he's currently written.

In regards to your Thanos hate, yes he has feats to back it up. He has taken over the Marvel 616 universe several times, and even taken control of the Marvel multiverse once with the HOTI. He is one of the most durable non-cosmic characters to have ever lived. That is why he is on par with how Darkseid is currently written. Darkseid clearly took the lead when he obtained the ALE, but before that they were on par. If Thanos had really wanted to, he could still be in total control of the Marvel 616 universe as well as the multiverse which contains it, however he didn't feel like he really wanted to keep it so let go of that power.

Your an idiot if you think I hate thanos. I have said time and again I don't hate thanos but I hate the way people seem to forget that he has extenuation circumstance to most of his victories. Please don't be a tard and tell me who I hate. I have said the same thing about Superman's victories over people he shouldn't be able to beat.

tdawg14
From what I gather, fanboyism plays a big part and alot of people simply DO NOT READ DC. Your insults can take a back seat as we try and engage in a thought discussion.

So only people who read Marvel comics are fanboys! There are plenty of DC fanboys on here as well. You included.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Actually THere is only one LT who is the Multiversal guardian. So Even tho the book is non cannon to the 616, IT's cannon to The LT. Please dont' tell me to make up my mind and you haven't even really thought about my argument. As for the Hunger cross over, to me it looks like galactus was getting erased and over powered the OE. Also notice that DS gets blasted and gets back up. Not many beings in comics is taking an angry blast from Galactus and getting back up. Even vuanted thanos had a shield on him and was still begging for his life. As far as the GL, your saying that Hal doesn't take a majority when on average a GL has shown to be superior and more versatile than surfer. And Gl's aren't the only characters from DC that can whip surfer who aren't sky fathers. Auron, Wave Rider, and Infinity man come to mind.

nvrbeenwthagirl
So only people who read Marvel comics are fanboys! There are plenty of DC fanboys on here as well. You included.

Except I read plenty plenty of marvel and DC. I always have.

tdawg14
Actually THere is only one LT who is the Multiversal guardian. So Even tho the book is non cannon to the 616, IT's cannon to The LT. Please dont' tell me to make up my mind and you haven't even really thought about my argument. As for the Hunger cross over, to me it looks like galactus was getting erased and over powered the OE. Also notice that DS gets blasted and gets back up. Not many beings in comics is taking an angry blast from Galactus and getting back up. Even vuanted thanos had a shield on him and was still begging for his life. As far as the GL, your saying that Hal doesn't take a majority when on average a GL has shown to be superior and more versatile than surfer. And Gl's aren't the only characters from DC that can whip surfer who aren't sky fathers. Auron, Wave Rider, and Infinity man come to mind.

Like I said, there are DC characters who can take SS. I agree with the examples you listed. Not so sure about the Infinity Man though. I could see that one go either way. The OE did nothing at all to Big G. Yes, Darkseid did get up but he got blasted through a friggin wall. And I've seen morons on here that suggest that DS can take Galactus. On DS best day and Galactus worst, Big G still stomps Darkseid. I do not agree with you on the GL's Although they are tremendously powerful, they are not on the level of SS.

tdawg14
Except I read plenty plenty of marvel and DC. I always have.

I never said you did not read Marvel. You are just very bias towards DC. I posted a fight the other day between Maxam from the Infinty Watch and Martian Manhunter. Your response was that MM mindrapes Maxam. If you knew much about Marvel, you would know that Maxam is immune to telepathy. Thats not to say that MM cant take Maxam, but not in that manner.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Like I said, there are DC characters who can take SS. I agree with the examples you listed. Not so sure about the Infinity Man though. I could see that one go either way. The OE did nothing at all to Big G. Yes, Darkseid did get up but he got blasted through a friggin wall. And I've seen morons on here that suggest that DS can take Galactus. On DS best day and Galactus worst, Big G still stomps Darkseid. I do not agree with you on the GL's Although they are tremendously powerful, they are not on the level of SS.

Hal jordan's feats trump surfer's feat. Simple as that. many of Kyle's feats do as well. I have never said that DS can beat Galactus. Now if it was the way kirby wrote them, it would be a tie. DS to me more powerful than ODin but less powerful than A very well fed Galactus. Yugah Khan However could match galactus easily. As Far as the OE in the story doing nothing, The OE had the same vanishing lines it has when working on people. The same ones where drawn on the Spectre when DS hurt him with the OE. SO I take it if DS can hurt the Spectre who is infinitely more powerful than Big G, then BIg very well could have been getting erased but simply willed himself back.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I never said you did not read Marvel. You are just very bias towards DC. I posted a fight the other day between Maxam from the Infinty Watch and Martian Manhunter. Your response was that MM mindrapes Maxam. If you knew much about Marvel, you would know that Maxam is immune to telepathy. Thats not to say that MM cant take Maxam, but not in that manner.

THen all you had to do was say that mind rape is not an option. I dont' think a brick with one trick can beat MM. Too many other powers. I'd still give it to MM based on all of his power set.

tdawg14
THen all you had to do was say that mind rape is not an option. I dont' think a brick with one trick can beat MM. Too many other powers. I'd still give it to MM based on all of his power set.

Why should I have to let you know that was not an option? If you are not sure on the powerset of an individual in a fight, you should not comment. I do think MM would take a majority, but he would have a hard time doing so. Thats what this forum is for, to find out why someone thinks their character can win.

tdawg14
Hal jordan's feats trump surfer's feat. Simple as that. many of Kyle's feats do as well. I have never said that DS can beat Galactus. Now if it was the way kirby wrote them, it would be a tie. DS to me more powerful than ODin but less powerful than A very well fed Galactus. Yugah Khan However could match galactus easily. As Far as the OE in the story doing nothing, The OE had the same vanishing lines it has when working on people. The same ones where drawn on the Spectre when DS hurt him with the OE. SO I take it if DS can hurt the Spectre who is infinitely more powerful than Big G, then BIg very well could have been getting erased but simply willed himself back.

I will just continue to disagree with you about the GL's. While they are very powerful, they are not the SS. Kirby writing him or not, DS is no match for a well written Galactus. End of story there.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Why should I have to let you know that was not an option? If you are not sure on the powerset of an individual in a fight, you should not comment. I do think MM would take a majority, but he would have a hard time doing so. Thats what this forum is for, to find out why someone thinks their character can win.

If someone says an option for a win, then it's up to you to counter. your saying you should have to tell me is silly. Not everyone can read every single comic and know everything about every character. You should have to let me know it's not an option if I present it in debate.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I will just continue to disagree with you about the GL's. While they are very powerful, they are not the SS. Kirby writing him or not, DS is no match for a well written Galactus. End of story there.

Actually yes Kirby who wrote both of them, created them to be equals. Actually it doesn't even make sense that Big was bigger than DS in the Hunger as DS is a promethean Giant and many times more powerful in his true form as learned by Earth angel supergirl AND superman when he saw how small the universe was to the new gods.

Kutulu

^^ LOL sad but true. nopity

nvrbeenwthagirl
^^ LOL sad but true. nopity

Get lost chump. it's not a whining and complaining thread. it's about showing people's true colors. THey think these certain marvel characters are the winners in any thread against any DC character.

Badabing
^^ LOL sad but true. nopity eek! laughing

Kutulu
Actually yes Kirby who wrote both of them, created them to be equals. Actually it doesn't even make sense that Big was bigger than DS in the Hunger as DS is a promethean Giant and many times more powerful in his true form as learned by Earth angel supergirl AND superman when he saw how small the universe was to the new gods.

This is why forum goers refer to "Kirby Darkseid" and "post-Kirby Darkseid", because other writers at DC decided for whatever reason to de-power him. Why, I have no clue.

Properly written there is no way Superman should have been able to deflect Darkseid's Omega beams with his heat vision for example.

When you refer to Kirby Darkseid, he would easily place above Marvel Odin. I would say it would place him at the level of a Celestial even. Current Darkseid as written, I would place him at or slightly under skyfather level. When he lost to Superman, well, that's when he was lowered to Thanos level IMHO. Thanos has had showings also that boosted him up, this is why they are pretty much even for a while, Darkseid pulling ahead with the ALE. We don't know where Thanos stands now for instance now that he has died and has finally paired with Death.

The Libertine
This is why forum goers refer to "Kirby Darkseid" and "post-Kirby Darkseid", because other writers at DC decided for whatever reason to de-power him. Why, I have no clue.

Properly written there is no way Superman should have been able to deflect Darkseid's Omega beams with his heat vision for example.

When you refer to Kirby Darkseid, he would easily place above Marvel Odin. I would say it would place him at the level of a Celestial even. Current Darkseid as written, I would place him at or slightly under skyfather level. When he lost to Superman, well, that's when he was lowered to Thanos level IMHO. Thanos has had showings also that boosted him up, this is why they are pretty much even for a while, Darkseid pulling ahead with the ALE. We don't know where Thanos stands now for instance now that he has died and has finally paired with Death.

If you go to a number of the bigger comic boards with older members you'll see how wrong this badly written post is. This forums children are funny.

Board Walker
It seem that

As Dwarf already said, it is fanboyism, and though it exist for all factions, on this forum it is for the large part biased for Marvel.

Kutulu
Originally posted by The Libertine
If you go to a number of the bigger comic boards with older members you'll see how wrong this badly written post is. This forums children are funny.

Go away SOCK. Just post under one ID instead of creating a new one every week. Until you just post under your real main identity you are to be ignored. As usual your comment is idiotic and meaningless.

pokey

The Libertine
Go away SOCK. Just post under one ID instead of creating a new one every week. Until you just post under your real main identity you are to be ignored. As usual your comment is idiotic and meaningless.

pokey

Not really SOCK the truth is you hardly know anything about comics and you are a serious fanboy of pretty pictures of comics you have never read. You keep being told by members how little they think of your opinion. Usually because it's clear you have never read the comic concerned.

Beta Ray Howard
It seem that

Odin,Dr. Strange, Thor, BRB, Silver Surfer, THE LT, Thanos, and pre retconned beyonder seem to just own anyone they fight with in thier power lvl from DC? what gives with that BS?

You're just pissed that Wonder Woman can't keep up with men more powerful than she is.

Also, Mxy can't take out the Tribunal. That's just not up for discussion.

Sounds to me like WD was a little too quick to cry fanboy, because it goes both ways. People have blatantly lied and left out facts to make DC characters look more powerful.

Nvr, you need to realize that just because you can't prove what's going on, and you and others have been caught in lies and half-truths, doesn't give you any right to start ranting like a child because you didn't get the lollipop you wanted.

You need to take off your DC blinders are take a good look at everything, because you really haven't brought much to the table.

Beta Ray Howard
Not really SOCK the truth is you hardly know anything about comics and you are a serious fanboy of pretty pictures of comics you have never read. You keep being told by members how little they think of your opinion. Usually because it's clear you have never read the comic concerned.

Now you're pulling pot and kettle. You claimed that all of Darkseid's low showings were either avatars or Desaad, and neither were true at all. You even tried to claim that Doomsday defeated either an avatar or Desaad in that comic, and then got proven wrong.

Out of nowhere you go "Oh! It doesn't matter! Darkseid couldn't have defeated him anyway! Only Entropy can do that!"

That's crap too, considering Superman was able to knock out Doomsday Rex.

So you can keep your mouth shut on that, because you're just as guilty.

Kutulu

As usual you are an idiot. I am putting yet another one of your SOCKS on my ignore list. Have a nice day. Maybe some day when you create a new SOCK that has something valuable to say I will unignore you. I have looked through all of your posts and have yet to find one thing which holds any meaning. Go away and create a new account now. Don't bother replying as I won't read what you wrote.

By the way I do give your new accounts a chance. I really do. When you only spout nonsense each time though, it's hard for anybody to take you seriously. Especially that you can't build up a reputation since you constantly create new accounts. Anybody can slap a random picture on, look something up in a thesaurus, and come up with yet another dumb name. You have shown no skills at debating other than to try and inflame people for kicks. You already admitted in the other thread that you were a SOCK indirectly.

spam

"V"
Originally posted by manorastroman
because you should have been stillborn.

I don't laugh often, I didn't laugh at this. It made me smile very briefly wink best post of the thread.

Meh, I don't concern myself with cosmic whores to be honest (people who are waaay too bothered about things like beyonder vs thanos with HOTU or whatever, you know what i mean.)

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
You're just pissed that Wonder Woman can't keep up with men more powerful than she is.

Also, Mxy can't take out the Tribunal. That's just not up for discussion.

Sounds to me like WD was a little too quick to cry fanboy, because it goes both ways. People have blatantly lied and left out facts to make DC characters look more powerful.

Nvr, you need to realize that just because you can't prove what's going on, and you and others have been caught in lies and half-truths, doesn't give you any right to start ranting like a child because you didn't get the lollipop you wanted.

You need to take off your DC blinders are take a good look at everything, because you really haven't brought much to the table.

And you have with this pathetic post? Mxy has beaten the Spectre a couple times. And i'm sure if the LT has been taken out, he can be taken out again. Wonder Woman also doesn't have anything to do with this discussion. Exactly why did you bring her up? I know when sexism comes into play which it obviously does. If she were a man with her same power sets and skill, she would get many many more victories. I'm not a fool to that. And As far as lies, that is the dumbest thing ever. As many times as someone arguing for a marvel character has ommited something or twisted meanings on a page to give thier character the victory and bring up bs about people lying. first of all, just becuz someone shouts liar over and over doesnt make a person a liar. try and read the damn thread all the way thru before opening your mouth. people on here like to change people's quotes and then people like you take that as truth and run with it. you REALLY haven't brought anything to the table.

DigiMark007
There's a Marvel bias on this forum. Always has been. And also generally more knowledge on Marvel characters because they're more popular. So yeah, you're correct with this thread, but it's not really news.

Anyway, not a battle. Closing and such....since I'm sure this has been reported a few times already.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.