Batman novels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superguy
There are two novels out so far that (supposedly- though not precisely) tie into Batman Begins and the sequel the Dark Knight- Dead White, about a new villain White Eyes and his racist attacks on Gotham- and Inferno- which is about a Firefly- esque villain called Enfer and The Joker, so it's seemingly set after TDK... I really enjoyed Dead White and I'm in the process of reading Inferno... anyone read them? Opinions?

LORDSIDIOUS01
Where can I buy these novels?

braz
Ive just finished reading Dead White. good read. i really liked it, and im about to read Inferno maybe later after i get to read some of my new Batman graphic novels. Happy Dance

braz
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Where can I buy these novels?

Anywhere, local bookstore. Barnes and Noble, Books a Million etc. w/e

Superguy
And Amazon have them really cheap... the only issue I had with Dead White was some of the language... not the F-ing and whatever, but the prejudiced comments (I believe the n- word is used)...

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by braz
Anywhere, local bookstore. Barnes and Noble, Books a Million etc. w/e

Thanx I'll buy them.

Superguy
Anyone know when the third (and final?) book, Fear Itself, is out...

doan_m
Before I move on to anymore novels I just want to finish the No Man lands series first. But hey i'm all game for Batman Year 100 as well.

sindahouse
I'm not sure if guys know this. But there is a ' no mans land ' novel. I managed to get one last year. Its old news I know, but for some reason a lot of ppl dont know about it. Can't say I've read it all yet, but its pretty good

Superguy
Yeah, I know of its existence. Don't various people die who don't die in the comics or something weird?

sindahouse
Honestly couldn't tell ya. I hope not, that would really suck. We all know that Sarah Gordan dies in no mans land. I will never forget when I saw joker blow her brains out. Man that was just so random. I hope they dont kill other ppl as well. I just dont get peace and quiet these dayz, to read comics, let alone novels. Who dies in the novel, that doesn't die in comics???

Superguy
Not sure... whoever Two Face's team mate/ ally was (can't remember) apparently...

Rafkins_Warning
Originally posted by Superguy
Anyone know when the third (and final?) book, Fear Itself, is out...

Batman: Fear Itself comes out on Feb. 27 here in the U.S.... or at least thats what Amazon tells me, I had to pre-order mine from them.

Superguy
You have it? Any good? And does this one finally 100% confirm the novels are meant to be Begins Universe or DCU?

Rafkins_Warning
I haven't gotten Fear Itself yet, they should ship it to me either this upcoming week or the next though.

Superguy
Ah, cool...

Rafkins_Warning
Okay... so I got my copy of Fear Itself yesterday, started reading last night and just finished it a few hours ago... and it is a damn good book if I may say so!

It is based on Begins, it could be a sequel of sorts to the film down the line even, hell... I'd like to see it brace the big screen.

I suggest everyone read it, its really good!

big grin

Superguy
More clearly based off the Begins-verse than comics or even some strange Elseworld then? big grin

Rafkins_Warning
Yeah, like Wayne Tower and Wayne Enterprises, aka W.E., are mentioned and everything...

And its even mentioned that Crane was the head administrator at Arkham before he became one of its inhabitants... its very Begins... even wikipedia says its based off Begins directly.

I think you could literally have never read a Bats comic, just seen Begins and you could read this book and it would make perfect sense.... lol.

Superguy
Cool. Ordered it yesterday. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.