Universal Life Church

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Grand_Moff_Gav
So, today I was ordained as a Minister of the Universal Life Church (ULC) and, yes I have checked, I can perform legal marragies in the UK. However, do you my KMC peers recognise me as a Minister of a Church or do you think that its rubbish and refuse to recognise the ULC even when the governments of both the USA and UK do?

PVS
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
rubbish

Lord Urizen
That's hott

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by PVS

Well, to be honest I couldn't stop laughing when i was awarded my Doctorate in Divinity!

PVS
well, i just meant "rubbish" in the context of this being the wrong forum.
i actually have no idea wtf ULC is, whether its serious or just another religion/tax exempt scam.

Atlantis001
So now spirituality has to be authenticated ? Oh wait, it has been always like that.

Shakyamunison
So, today I was ordained as a Minister of the Universal Life Church (ULC) and, yes I have checked, I can perform legal marragies in the UK. However, do you my KMC peers recognise me as a Minister of a Church or do you think that its rubbish and refuse to recognise the ULC even when the governments of both the USA and UK do?

I'm happy for you. What kind of schooling did you do to get this honor?

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by PVS
well, i just meant "rubbish" in the context of this being the wrong forum.
i actually have no idea wtf ULC is, whether its serious or just another religion/tax exempt scam.

Well, seeing as the ULC isn't really a religion...it encompasses all faiths into the single belief that we are all one...

PVS
yeah ok. do you pay taxes?

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by PVS
yeah ok. do you pay taxes?

Haha, of course I do. We don't get away with not contributing to society.

botankus
I got ordained in 2001. Some guys at work told me about it.

Storm
I don' t recognize it.

Grand_Moff_Gav
I just fell in on it...its a little odd and seems like a cash scam at first but it does offer Religion without conflict...out motto "Live and help other live"

Ushgarak
You need to be a registrar to perform a UK marriage, which you ain't.

Symmetric Chaos
I just fell in on it...its a little odd and seems like a cash scam at first but it does offer Religion without conflict...out motto "Live and help other live"

Religion w/o conflict . . . it would be nice but it seems unlikely. Even if you are not hostile just look at what other religions feel.

Personally I would recognise you as a Minister BTW.

queeq
Doesn't this belong in the religion forum?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by queeq
Doesn't this belong in the religion forum?

Yeah (and we've even had 2 mods post w/o noticing)

Alliance
Doctorate in Divinity!

laughing Thats catchy.

What type of training did you have to go through?

The Black Ghost
Where did this ULC spring up from? I never heard of it.

Capt_Fantastic

Congratulations.

debbiejo
So, today I was ordained as a Minister of the Universal Life Church (ULC) and, yes I have checked, I can perform legal marragies in the UK. However, do you my KMC peers recognise me as a Minister of a Church or do you think that its rubbish and refuse to recognise the ULC even when the governments of both the USA and UK do? I don't see a problem with it just as I know people who became ministers to the Unity Church or use the certification for a Spiritual type church....Why not?

queeq
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Yeah (and we've even had 2 mods post w/o noticing)

Too bad my mod powers don't work in this forum anymore...

debbiejo
You used to be a mod? Did they fire you? stick out tongue

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by debbiejo

No, he staged a rebellion against Raz, and much like Lucifer was cast down for it to be with us mere mortals ( stick out tongue )

(Just wanted to continue on with the religious theme of this thread.)

queeq

I AM a mod, but now only of the SW section.

I was out of it for a long time, no time to mod this ever growing forum... But I retained my mod powers in the section where it all began: SW!! So that is hell basically where I spend my eternity and continue to pester you guys up here in the heavenly GDF.

debbiejo
Originally posted by queeq
I AM a mod Oooo a man in uniform.

flower_girl

grey fox
ULC

One letter from Cult

queeq
Oooo a man in uniform.

flower_girl

I have a date methinks!

debbiejo
Bring money, lots of it...... shifty

queeq
I thought the uniform turned you on...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.