Wolvenom Still Sucks!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rick/Genis
Ahem: That's right... I've READ this comic, now! Where's my ignorance stick out tongue

http://xs205.xs.to/xs205/06333/venom_sample.jpg

This character is still crappy in my mind! What is with this?
First of all. Lets look at the art? Since when did the venom symbiote get this big... ahem. Crappy Art is what got him to be so big... Then again I shouldn't say that because I'm biased (I'm not such a fan of manga-looking art in a non-manga universe). The Symbiote is too big. The story is crap (opinion) being that everyone knows my problem with wolverine's godhood. His jeans survived!? COME ON!!!

I've taken the liberty to look at other marvels Daniel Way has done.

Guess what I've found? He helped with Wolverine's Piece on House of M (uh oh... I HATED all of house of M), AND he did Origin's (something I have no opinion of being that I haven't read it. Though one must look at the fact that it seems notorious for IT'S bad writing).

Tangled Web is Meh...

Ghost Rider's Vicious Cycle was actually alright... but I cannot stress how much I can't stand Ghost Rider, so that point is moot.

And the Prelude to Planet Hulk was awful (opinion). It was far too rushed and retarded to boot.

So, my opinion has not wavered since April 29th of 2006.

WHO'S WITH ME!?!?!

(Huzzah?)

Badabing
laughing laughing laughing
Feel better?

Rick/Genis
Much

Black Adam
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
First of all. Lets look at the art? Since when did the venom symbiote get this big... ahem.

the symbiote has frequently changed appearance throughout out the years. Different artist like to draw it different ways.....that's nothing new.

Crappy Art is what got him to be so big... Then again I shouldn't say that because I'm biased (I'm not such a fan of manga-looking art in a non-manga universe).

wtf?
theres nothing manga looking about that art in the pic......

as for way..I enjoyed bullseye greatest hits, the nighthawk mini, his Ghost rider, and Punisher vs bullseye. For all the bitching that goes on about his writing I've read a lot worse.

Rick/Genis
Originally posted by Black Adam
the symbiote has frequently changed appearance throughout out the years. Different artist like to draw it different ways.....that's nothing new.

If you were to ask someone what venom looks like. Would they say "Oh, yeah... he looks like a 17 foot tall lumbering monster" OR, would they say "He looks like the black costume spiderman only buffer and with teeth and claws". I'd go with the latter. You c an go ahead and think it's cool that he's a freaking giant in that picture... I'll just dissagree with you.

Okay... look at that picture..... and remember I said Manga LIKE!!!

By the way, here is a link to a review of Venom: On the run.
http://www.amazon.com/Venom-2-Run-TPB-Spider-Man/dp/0785115536

Notice the:

'The flashback section (drawn by Herrera) is angular and slightly abstract, while Medina's work in the first half is more rounded and three-dimensional. Both artists share a manga-ish, cartoony style, which perhaps makes this story's extreme violence somewhat easier to stomach and helps overcome a weak script."

So i guess I'm not the only one that thinks it's "Manga-ish". I'm also not the only one that thinks that the writing is weak. Hm. I guess my opinion has some grounds to be spoken, too smile

I'll agree with you on one part of this. I HAVE read worse... I think alot of people have. Does that necesarrily make it good though? No.... Good enough to read? Maybe for some, but i'm not one of them. In fact. I would have thrown this in the trash had I not been said to be making an ignorant assumtion on the character on the first place. But I'm not so ignorant anymore. And my assumption was proven to be right (by my own accord).. Wolvenom.... sucks. stick out tongue

Soleran
Venom with claws is so awesome!

Rick/Genis
Originally posted by Soleran
Venom with claws is so awesome!

Oh my god!!!! YOUR RIGHT!!!!

laughing

Badabing
Ahem: That's right... I've READ this comic, now! Where's my ignorance stick out tongue

First of all. Lets look at the art? Since when did the venom symbiote get this big... ahem. Crappy Art is what got him to be so big... Then again I shouldn't say that because I'm biased (I'm not such a fan of manga-looking art in a non-manga universe). The Symbiote is too big. The story is crap (opinion) being that everyone knows my problem with wolverine's godhood. His jeans survived!? COME ON!!!

Guess what I've found? He helped with Wolverine's Piece on House of M (uh oh... I HATED all of house of M), AND he did Origin's (something I have no opinion of being that I haven't read it. Though one must look at the fact that it seems notorious for IT'S bad writing).

Tangled Web is Meh...

Ghost Rider's Vicious Cycle was actually alright... but I cannot stress how much I can't stand Ghost Rider, so that point is moot.

And the Prelude to Planet Hulk was awful (opinion). It was far too rushed and retarded to boot.

WHO'S WITH ME!?!?!

(Huzzah?)
Only a Hippy or the French could hate Wolvenom! mad

stick out tongue

Rick/Genis
communist actually

Evil_Ash
Which means it's make you...A COMMUNIST!

Badabing
Damn...I forgot about them! mad I bet they're in Wyoming right now! messed

Rick/Genis
I thought wyoming doesn't exist?

Badabing
I thought wyoming doesn't exist?
It's a conspiracy I tell you! I'll ask NuclearWinter, he's the conspiracy theory expert of KMC.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Badabing
It's a conspiracy I tell you! I'll ask NuclearWinter, he's the conspiracy theory expert of KMC.

Winter is a pretty good conspiracy theorist.

Deano is more extreme IMO.

Black Adam

If you were to ask someone what venom looks like. Would they say "Oh, yeah... he looks like a 17 foot tall lumbering monster" OR, would they say "He looks like the black costume spiderman only buffer and with teeth and claws". I'd go with the latter. You c an go ahead and think it's cool that he's a freaking giant in that picture... I'll just dissagree with you.

never said it looked cool...

Said that he's been drawn differently throughout the years....from slightly buffer spider-man with a an open mouth in his costume to a steroid freak with a crocodile mouth.

besides it's not like giant venom is anything new. I have comic from a few years back where his hand is almost as big as the body of the guy he's grabbing. Though I have noticed artist preferring to stick with the giant version of the costume a lot more recently. Most recently in the initiative preview where he's twice as tall and twice as wide as everyone on the team.

Okay... look at that picture..... and remember I said Manga LIKE!!!

So i guess I'm not the only one that thinks it's "Manga-ish". I'm also not the only one that thinks that the writing is weak.

......I'm glad you found a partner confused. Still doesn't look "manga like" to me. Slightly cartoony yes manga no. Guess well have to disagree.

Evil_Ash
besides it's not like giant venom is anything new. I have comic from a few years back where his hand is almost as big as the body of the guy he's grabbing. Though I have noticed artist preferring to stick with the giant version of the costume a lot more recently. Most recently in the initiative preview where he's twice as tall and twice as wide as everyone on the team.

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/5792/ultimatespidermanvenomgf0.jpg

crazy

Rick/Genis
never said it looked cool...

Said that he's been drawn differently throughout the years....from slightly buffer spider-man with a an open mouth in his costume to a steroid freak with a crocodile mouth.

So what. I'm coming out with an opinion on this thread and stating it sucks. You can tell me that it's been done before.... I'm sure it looked like crap to me before too. I don't get what you're trying to prove to me with this. Are you just trying to argue for arguments sake?

My point in saying someone else agree's with me is that I have ground based accusations. Proving I have every right to think it looks manga like. I don't particularly care what you THINK it looks like, since I'm not the only person that dissagree's with you.

Black Adam

So what. I'm coming out with an opinion on this thread and stating it sucks. You can tell me that it's been done before.... I'm sure it looked like crap to me before too. I don't get what you're trying to prove to me with this. Are you just trying to argue for arguments sake?

I was answering the question..

Since when did the venom symbiote get this big.

My point in saying someone else agree's with me is that I have ground based accusations. Proving I have every right to think it looks manga like. I don't particularly care what you THINK it looks like, since I'm not the only person that dissagree's with you.

Simply stating my own opinion on how the art looks like.erm

That's not against the rules is it?

capt it up

Tangled Web is Meh...

WHO'S WITH ME!?!?!

(Huzzah?)

If you read the issue then you would not ask such a dumb question abotu why venom look's so big. it is not eddie brock venom, but a seperate venom who was more powerful and did nott keep one host.

Beta Ray Howard
Originally posted by capt it up
If you read the issue then you would not ask such a dumb question abotu why venom look's so big. it is not eddie brock venom, but a seperate venom who was more powerful and did nott keep one host.

You're 75% right. It wasn't really more powerful. It just spent most of its time assimilating attributes from other beings.

That whole series was just stupid though. One long arc of piss-poor writing.

capt it up
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
You're 75% right. It wasn't really more powerful. It just spent most of its time assimilating attributes from other beings.

That whole series was just stupid though. One long arc of piss-poor writing.
actaully he was more powerful his abilties were all better the only problem was he was a bit of a retard lol

Swanky-Tuna
......I'm glad you found a partner confused. Still doesn't look "manga like" to me. Slightly cartoony yes manga no. Guess well have to disagree.
I think it looks a little manga-ish. It's pretty light. It just goes to show how much all the different styles are mingling together.

Black Adam
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I think it looks a little manga-ish. It's pretty light. It just goes to show how much all the different styles are mingling together.

still don't see it. sad I must need glasses.

though it is sort of funny how Japanese artist were inspired by Disney cartoons now American artist are being inspired buy manga artist.

Symmetric Chaos
The only mangaish things are the foucs on Wolverines eyes and his odd hair style.

Rick/Genis

Once again you've proven that you don't know what the word "Rhetorical" means. Woot-Woot, here comes the clue train, last stop is you... if I wanted you to answer my "question" then I imagine I wouldn't have answered it myself within the same paragraph, now would I? Venom being that big and simply stupid seem to go hand in hand in my mind.

I will agree with you on one thing though... he sure was a retard. In fact.... that arc was retard-ED as well.

Swanky-Tuna
still don't see it. sad I must need glasses.

though it is sort of funny how Japanese artist were inspired by Disney cartoons now American artist are being inspired buy manga artist.
I hear what you're saying. Mix the races!

Jyppe
actaully he was more powerful his abilties were all better

Proof?

AngryManatee

If it was more powerful than why did the original symbiote absorb it?

Rick/Genis
The fact is, he wasn't more powerful. He was just annoyingly bigger.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.