Marvel/DC Crossovers: Canon?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HigH ScholaR
ok the reason why most consider avengers/gla crossover canon was because dc used the cosmic egg form the crossover but more importantly it was stated in the marvel handbooks.

But upon reading the handbooks i've noticed that the various crossovers dc and marvel hae had has be mentioned in the handbooks even the dc/marvel voting crossover has been mentioned.

So what exavly does this mean that all their of crossovers where canaon aswell.

inamilist
apparently lobo was paid off to loose to wolverine. I even think it was mentioned in one of his comics...

they may be "real" in the sense that the characters may reference the event at a later date (or the company may through handbooks or whatever) but for the purposes of the forums here, the power levels shown in most crossovers are to variable and inconsistent with other traditionally "canon" sources. Its for that reason more than the continuity issue that they are considered PIS, generally.

EDIT: I like the quote on your sig smile

snoopdogg
Access has shown up in a Green Lantern comic looking for Kyle Rayner, when he could not find him he mentioned looking for the shiny guy on a surfboard....

DigiMark007
laughing out loud

Probably depends on who you're talking to.

I tend to think of them as non-canon, but I'm not sure we have an official word from Marvel/DC on it.

Newjak
Yeah I tend to think of them as what they are a what if look into if characters fought although most are very poor writing.

Best case is Thor

I would like to point out that in Avengers/JLA that Superman punches Thor out with the whole dials go up to eleven bit.

But in Marvel vs DC Thor beats Captain Marvel who in every way is Supes equal and also has a magic boost unlike supes.

This is one highlight.

So laugh at them enjoy them but for them being truly referable I would say it is better to stick with comics done inside each's own Comic Universe and company seperate.

Beta Ray Howard
The only one listed as Canon is JLA/Avengers.

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by inamilist

EDIT: I like the quote on your sig smile

Thanks

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
The only one listed as Canon is JLA/Avengers.

ep i know about that, but what i'm pointing out is that there various crossovers has been mentioned in thier repsective handbooks and apperantly thier comics too.

Magee
Well as you know the comic readers know better than the companys so if people decide its non canon then so it shall be. wink

Mider999
is it smart to make a fan voted comic canon

Magee
No of course not but remember that was only one dc/marvel crossover. It basically comes down to some one not liking that their favourite character got beat by some one who they think shouldn't have so they cry pis, non canon etc when it has never been stated as such. JLA/Avengers comes to mind, I see no reason why this shouldn't be considered canon.

jgiant
Originally posted by Magee
No of course not but remember that was only one dc/marvel crossover. It basically comes down to some one not liking that their favourite character got beat by some one who they think shouldn't have so they cry pis, non canon etc when it has never been stated as such. JLA/Avengers comes to mind, I see no reason why this shouldn't be considered canon. That fight btw thor and sups was a ripoff.

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by jgiant
That fight btw thor and sups was a ripoff.

yer kinda was espiically as Thor hammer is magic, infact as Thor himself is being transformed from the magic of the hammer his physcial blows should have wiped superman out, but still. decent crossover i guess i would have liked it if they did a cosmic crossover instead or made it like contest of cahmpions or secret wars

Magee
Magic does not equal automatic win over Superman. His dials go up to 11, makes sense to me atleast as Superman is in a league of his own when it comes to strength. Hell Superman is his own league lol.

DigiMark007
Fan vote = gasface.

By this estimation, Superman would beat LT in a crossover, because a fan vote would obviously swing his way over nearly anyone....and there won't be enough intelligent votes to swing it back to reason.

That's the biggest thing for me. I refuse to trust a comic that, essentially, a bunch of 12-year-old fanboys determined.

Magee
JLA/Avengers was not fan voted. I agree the fan voted Marvel/DC crossover should never be considered canon, ever.

snoopdogg
Actually only about half of those fights were fan-voted.

Spider-Man defeats Superboy (fan voted)
Superman defeats Hulk (fan voted)
Thor defeats Captain Marvel
Robin III defeats Jubilee
Wolverine defeats Lobo (fan voted)
Storm defeats Wonder Woman (fan voted)
Aquaman defeats Namor the Sub-Mariner
Flash defeats Quicksilver
Elektra defeats Catwoman
Silver Surfer defeats Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)
Batman defeats Captain America (fan voted)

outavodka
I hear the whole reason Wanda went crazy waz cuz of the whol JL/Avengers x-over. All that DC magic she was exposed to or some shit like that... What the f**k?

bigbran
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Storm defeats Wonder Woman (fan voted) I still don't get this one...

Mider999
if anyone should whield thors hammer wouldnt it be superman who could do that, in fact there are so many goodie goodies in the DC who else should wield it, how about wonder women, and maybe captain marvel.

HigH ScholaR
Probably billy batson

Fanboy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JLA/Avengers#Trivia

This says that JLA/Avengers is Canon because a certain event in JLA/Avengers led to Wanda/ Scarlet Witch to being crazy in House of M.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.